users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Perle
Perle
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2010-07-14 04:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems Perle is the clear cut winner for anything other than top end gear.

However, homam still going to be necessary for zerg and im assuming Hauberk+1/Adaberk are still better pieces for guillotine?

And theres still the deal breaker on how easy/or just how at this point the Timarli Dastanas are to obtain.

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-07-14 04:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said:
And theres still the deal breaker on how easy/or just how at this point the Timarli Dastanas are to obtain.

Almost forgot about those. I have a clear-cut feeling that since we've probably explored every bit of Abyssea at this point, Walk of Echoes might be where we get the rest of this new stuff such as those hands.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-14 15:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said:
Seems Perle is the clear cut winner for anything other than top end gear.

However, homam still going to be necessary for zerg and im assuming Hauberk+1/Adaberk are still better pieces for guillotine?

Yeah I don't have an Ebody for my DRK, but I do have a Hauberk +1...though full Perle should be better =/

And Yes, Hauberk +1...(and E-body, obviously) is still better for multi-hit Scythe WSs. (like guillotine, specially, which feeds on more attack and accuracy, no crit mods on Guillotine etc.. so the crit+ from perle body also does nothing for Guillotine)

Comparing the stats again...

Full Perle set:

Defense:173

STR:22

DEX:14

VIT:10

Accuracy:18 (it's really 28.5 accuracy, when you add the accuracy from DEX.)

Attack:25 (it's really 41.5 attack, when you add the attack from STR.)

Enmity:4

Critical hit rate:+2%

Haste:+14%

----------------------------------------------------------

HomamX3(legs,feet,hands), Walahra Turban, and Hauberk +1:

Defense:119

STR:6

DEX:6

Accuracy:25 (it's really 29.5 accuracy, when you add the accuracy from DEX.)

Attack:12 (it's really 16.5 attack, when you add the attack from STR.)

Enmity:3

HP:107

MP::107

Enhances "Fast Cast" effect

Evasion:-10

Haste:+14%

----------------------------------------------------------

Full Perle set is clearly better for TP'ing (meleeing). Nevertheless, HomamX3 (legs,feet,hands) + Turban... should still be better for a Zerg gear set, due to having the same haste, but also has more HP+ for your Souleater zerg.

Then, Homam legs are still good to macro in for some spells, as well as to macro in when casting Utsusemi as /nin etc.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-14 15:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Bismarck.Mitchel said:

Almost forgot about those. I have a clear-cut feeling that since we've probably explored every bit of Abyssea at this point, Walk of Echoes might be where we get the rest of this new stuff such as those hands.
Still a few NMs left to check out, but the list grows shorter daily. I'm betting those and Bullwhip Belt may come from T7 WoE myself.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-14 16:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

perle looks shiny on mithra :3
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-14 16:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Even on Mithra it's ugly =\ The head looks like ***, the rest I can tolerate but the Salade is just... ugh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-14 16:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

-_-'
By Lynxblade 2010-07-14 17:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

homam legs boots hands and walmart give you 14haste

perle full set gives you about the same acc, but 1 less haste....

i personally think they made perle gear for lazy dds that dont like switching gears >_>
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-14 17:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they fix that typo soon. Look people, it's same haste as Turban/Homam x3.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-14 17:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lynxblade said:
homam legs boots hands and walmart give you 14haste perle full set gives you about the same acc, but 1 less haste.... i personally think they made perle gear for lazy dds that dont like switching gears >_>
you're a lazy DD!
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-07-14 17:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly enough if I ever get drg to 78 and get the whole set it would be TP and WS gear...

My drg ws gear sux...
By Lynxblade 2010-07-14 17:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

where the hell do you get 14haste from perle?, each piece gives you 2, except body, and full set gives you 5, thats 13...... is there a hidden effect somewhere?
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-07-14 17:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The Salade's haste is a typo, should be 3%
[+]
By Lynxblade 2010-07-14 18:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

you think they would change the typo in maintance..how hard is it to change a 2 to a 3....anyways, full set of perle is basically an alternative for drg and drk , i would still use homam/walmart, cause i like having lots of hp on drk lol, even though i use tredicum scythe on drk, would like to try full set of perle with tredicum since that should make my crit rate HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE high, but is till wont ws in it >_< heca gear and other junk still better for ws......
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-07-14 18:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps the same reason they didn't change thew bomblet's attack +10 to attack +8

GET TO IT SE
By Lynxblade 2010-07-14 18:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

and yeah my typing sux............
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-07-14 18:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lynxblade said:
you think they would change the typo in maintance..how hard is it to change a 2 to a 3....anyways, full set of perle is basically an alternative for drg and drk , i would still use homam/walmart, cause i like having lots of hp on drk lol, even though i use tredicum scythe on drk, would like to try full set of perle with tredicum since that should make my crit rate HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE high, but is till wont ws in it >_< heca gear and other junk still better for ws......

Tred scythe can ONLY crit on the 13th hit iirc, so crit+ gear would not affect it.
By Lynxblade 2010-07-14 18:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, but in a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE way, tredicum scythe gives you a 7% crit hit added to your tping, so odds are you will crit often on drk with tredicum and full perle >_<
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-14 18:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It can crit on others but the 13th is a guaranteed crit.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2010-07-14 18:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe so. I believe that it can crit normally on the others, but that the 13th hit will always be a guaranteed critical. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain I've seen the Tred Scythe crit too frequently in the past to only be 1 out of 13 hits.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-07-14 18:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
It can crit on others but the 13th is a guaranteed crit.

Ah ok, yeah don't listen to me when it comes to drk.

Some of the comments on its page were misleading to me
By Lynxblade 2010-07-14 18:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, thats why the crit hit rate and dex from perle, added to tredicum scythe, i think will be awesome, i might buy full set of perle, since its like...less then 150k now >_<
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-07-14 18:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Forget Tred, Plaga Scythe is the way to go now.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-14 18:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Magian trials are obviously better but it's not a bad substitute imo. Won't work with DNC sambas though, just so you know. Personally I don't give a ***because I never have a DNC at events or in PTs but for those that do (regularly) a Magian scythe would be better.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-07-14 18:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Magian trials are obviously better but it's not a bad substitute imo. Won't work with DNC sambas though, just so you know. Personally I don't give a ***because I never have a DNC at events or in PTs but for those that do (regularly) a Magian scythe would be better.

This is true, but as with you, I am never with a dnc.
By Lynxblade 2010-07-14 18:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

only maigan ill prolly bother with is pld sword, *** all that killin 200+ mobs in ice weather blah blah bs >_<
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-14 18:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also incredibly easy to get lol. I got lots of ***for saying it's good for DRKs who don't wanna do Magian trials or who don't ever have a DNC with them though
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-07-14 18:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also incredibly easy to get lol. I got lots of ***for saying it's good for DRKs who don't wanna do Magian trials or who don't ever have a DNC with them though

Yep 1hr repop NM, that I duo'd easily with my wife.

B/c of the length of magians, if your like me and drk is like your 5th or 6th job, I think this is a pretty solid option.
Def an upgrade from Perdu.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-14 18:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said:
I don't believe so. I believe that it can crit normally on the others, but that the 13th hit will always be a guaranteed critical. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain I've seen the Tred Scythe crit too frequently in the past to only be 1 out of 13 hits.

The eye sees what it wants to believe, its been proven that only the 13th hit will crit, other than that Tred does not increase crit rate, and it does not apply to WS.
By Lynxblade 2010-07-14 18:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, i cant rly say its tedious to get the maigan weapons..... i turned 10k moat carp for lus, so not like i should be 1 to say maigan trials are tedious xD