Anyone Else Seen This?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Anyone else seen this?
Anyone else seen this?
 Cerberus.Smokedit
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Smokedit
By Cerberus.Smokedit 2009-01-02 23:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I farm in Davoi from time to time. When i get a chest key, I go pop it. Since the last update the 2 chests in Poisonhands spawn area are occasionally Illusions. I traded my key and game text says "The chest was but an illusion....", then dissapears.
 Lakshmi.Badkarma
Server: Lakshmi
user: BK
By Lakshmi.Badkarma 2009-01-02 23:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You have chest fatigue?
 Cerberus.Smokedit
Server: Cerberus
user: Smokedit
By Cerberus.Smokedit 2009-01-03 00:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

No clue if that is possible, but it was my first farming run in Davoi after the update, and it was my 1st, 2nd, and 4th chests that did this.
 Siren.Aargon
Server: Siren
user: aargon
By Siren.Aargon 2009-01-03 00:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote from the wiki.

"Since the 12/8/08 update, treasure chests and coffers now repop approximately 5 minutes after being opened; however, if you recently opened one, you will be unable to open another for 1 hour. If you try to open another before, you get following message: "The chest was but an illusion..." and it despawns, but you keep the key."

However; I think the system is broken. I received the illusion message on the first chest I opened after the update, followed by the same message on my 2nd and 3rd attempt days later. My fourth attempt did open the treasure chest though... so thats some good news at least.
 Siren.Aargon
Server: Siren
user: aargon
By Siren.Aargon 2009-01-03 00:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

also...

"There is a different theory regarding the new Treasure Coffer system. Once a person opens a Coffer, and receives an item (either a Quest item, or a gil/prize), a cooldown time period begins. During the cooldown period, all subsequent Coffers which spawn will be "illusionary" Coffers. If a person who is not on a Quest attempts to open an "illusionary" Coffer, the Coffer will disappear, and the person will not receive any gil/prize. The person will still possess their Coffer Key. However, if a person who opens the "illusionary" Coffer IS on a Quest which requires the Coffer, that person WILL receive the Quest-related item. In other words, during the cooldown period, only players on relevant Quests are eligible to receive items from the "illusionary" Coffers. After the cooldown period expires, any existing "illusionary" Coffer in the zone reverts to a "real" Coffer. People who are not on a Quest can receive gil/prize from "real" Coffers only."

I think this second theory may be what is actually happening.
 Caitsith.Kaminari
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Kaminari 2009-01-03 02:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

"You may also encounter a problem where you'll get the "The coffer was but an illusion..." message, even if you have not recently opened one in that or any zone. Zoning or waiting up to an hour before trying again does not fix this. SE have received many reports about this and have stated - through GM contact with players - that it's a recognized issue. "

think it's just a bug they need to fix ;_; cuz i hate when it happens D: