Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoon Sekkanoki
Dragoon Sekkanoki
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-23 09:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you Dragoon's who are excited about this, I figured I would give you a quick rundown of the only time's this will be useful, something you can have fun with .
After experimenting for a bit, proven that it's been pretty effing fun.

First things first, get yourself 200%tp.
Sonic Thurst >>> Drakesbane BAM! Transfixion.
It can turn out better then drakesbanex2 if you got the right gear and land the hits.

Now if you really wanna have some fun.

Sekkanoki >> Meditate >> Impulse Drive >> Vorpal Thrust >> Jump >> High Jump >> Drakesbane BAM! Self Light.

If you swap barone/conte for jumps, accounting for the meditate, conserve tp, etc. You should have the required tp for the closing drakesbane. If not, only 1 more hit which still gives you plenty of time.
But I've found that I've had the tp everytime.

Try experimenting, let me know what you guys think.

Also in magian trials you can upgrade Impulse Drive and Vorpal Thrust to further pimp out a self light.

The probability of doing this in a party is very very low. Fun to *** around with soloing though.

Anyone else discover anything interesting?

Also for those who don't know, you get a cool new sound effect/ visual effect on your jump attacks when you make a crit :)
[+]
 Valefor.Byxfluzba
Server: Valefor
user: Byxfluzba
By Valefor.Byxfluzba 2010-06-27 14:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but vorpal thrust is icky.
 Asura.Atua
Server: Asura
user: Atua
By Asura.Atua 2010-06-27 14:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

"Also in magian trials you can upgrade Impulse Drive and Vorpal Thrust to further pimp out a self light."

wait, what? How?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-27 14:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also in magian trials you can upgrade Impulse Drive and Vorpal Thrust to further pimp out a self light.

nah dude, just naw. You said yourself
Quote:
The probability of doing this in a party is very very low. Fun to *** around with soloing though.

You know how long and tedious those magian trials are? Why go through all of that for something that will never be useful.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-27 15:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm already finished the impulse drive dmg +10% weapon.
Totally wasn't worth it lol.
And they are super easy.
 Valefor.Byxfluzba
Server: Valefor
user: Byxfluzba
By Valefor.Byxfluzba 2010-06-27 15:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

The damage boost is linked to the trial result, and until the last weapons, the weapon is pretty ***.
 Fenrir.Omerta
Server: Fenrir
user: OMERTA
By Fenrir.Omerta 2010-07-04 00:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG/BLU can also self Light/Darkness, again, little use for party playing, but screwing around when soloing is what makes it fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puyu61_OkhI
 Cerberus.Delsus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-07-19 11:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

When i was messing around and looking at sc charts i found that penta > gimpulse drive = Gravitation but due to gimpulse and low lvl sc i think drakes x2 will beat self grav just thought i would add this.
 Gilgamesh.Hatfield
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Hatfield
By Gilgamesh.Hatfield 2010-07-19 11:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

well if your doing the Stingray trial, you really should do the store tp+8, who gives a damn about impulse drive.... but i agree that sonic thrust > drakes is the way to go, provided you have a "safe" shot for sonic. Also, why any drg would still use the old jump for tp gain beats the hell outta me, new one is way better for that purpose.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-19 12:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Hatfield said:
well if your doing the Stingray trial, you really should do the store tp+8, who gives a damn about impulse drive.... but i agree that sonic thrust > drakes is the way to go, provided you have a "safe" shot for sonic. Also, why any drg would still use the old jump for tp gain beats the hell outta me, new one is way better for that purpose.

I've heard two sides of the argument for which jump to use. Spirit jump is great for the two reasons of reduced enmity, as well as a significant increase in TP return when used. However, it has a shared cooldowns with regular jump and not being affected by merit recasts. Also, Jump enhancing gear that would initially give back higher TP when used do not apply to Spirit jump. Also it seems that there are no damage modifiers to spirit jump.

Has anyone been able to test to see if DA/TA/OAT stacks with spirit jump since it does with the others?
 Gilgamesh.Hatfield
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Hatfield
By Gilgamesh.Hatfield 2010-07-19 14:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

spirit jump has potential to give way more tp then jump. i wish i knew more about how the tp gain works, but i can say that i have had it give 20-30tp often, and very rarely its spiked above that. also, ive had some hit for over 500 so im assuming it can DA and crit, since its usually around 200ish? would like to know more about it for sure ^^
 Cerberus.Delsus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-07-19 14:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Hatfield said:

The only time you should use jump over sprit jump is when your wyvern isnt there, you only get the tp bonus from spirit when your wyvern is present
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-19 15:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

From the sound of it, it is safe to say Spirit Jump trumps Jump in terms of TP return even with the use of Jump enhancing gear on regular jump. Granted your wyvern is out of course.

Also from the sound it it, Spirit jump is subject to the same terms of critting/double & triple hitting just like the others, however does not seem to be subject to attribute mods for damage.