Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Spirit Jump
Spirit Jump
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-06-23 22:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the question now is... What will Spirit Jump do during our 2hr? I realize it's stronger with the wyvern present, but the debuff might potentially be stronger than Jump's Defense Down. That's assuming it does indeed do something during our 2hr, or if they forgot about that :p.
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-24 00:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't had a chance to test it myself, as I'm still 75 and haven't had a chance to work on DRG much.

Has anyone tried the following macro?

/echo <pettp>
/ja "Spirit Jump" <t>
/wait 3
/echo <pettp>

The TP return some people are reporting seems to vary, so I'm wondering if maybe it leeches a portion (or all) of your wyvern's TP?
 Phoenix.Maxbebop
Server: Phoenix
user: Maxbebop
By Phoenix.Maxbebop 2010-06-24 15:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That added effect should only pop when your Wyvern is out, try using it w/o your pet, will it have the same effect?
I dont really know if spirit jump is cool, i mean my jumps do 200+/300+ and crit for 600+ on VT mobs, but spirit jump only did like 100+, I'll keep working on it, but for now, Jump>SpiritJump,
 Ragnarok.Doluka
Server: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-06-24 16:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I did what Spiriel said last night and the Wyvern's TP remained the same, so right now the only thing Spirit Jump seems to do that normal Jump doesn't is give more TP.

[+]
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Server: Cerberus
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-27 14:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone figure out what Spirit Jump does when Spirit Surge is active? Any cool effects?
 Fenrir.Vausabant
user: Vausabant
By Fenrir.Vausabant 2010-07-15 17:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

new question for spirit jump, havent tested since it happened omw to last ein, i spirit jump a chigoe and it didnt die.... did 200 dmg but was still coming, anyone else try?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-15 18:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Doluka said:
I did what Spiriel said last night and the Wyvern's TP remained the same, so right now the only thing Spirit Jump seems to do that normal Jump doesn't is give more TP.
It appears to give near-zero enmity as well. Not that that's really worth the longer recast timer...
By Yentruc 2010-07-15 19:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The new animation with jump's "Greenish smoke" means it landed a critical hit. I had to read up on it after my jump did 866 damage to a minotaur in the Aqueducts. Spirit jump is pretty sexy especially when you pull hate in a pt with Spamarai sub, stacks well with high jump. I do wish it had a separate timer though. =/
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-07-16 00:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Vausabant said:
new question for spirit jump, havent tested since it happened omw to last ein, i spirit jump a chigoe and it didnt die.... did 200 dmg but was still coming, anyone else try?
Was with a drg who spirit jumped a chigoe and it didnt die also.
Spirit jump is a very special job ability.
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-07-19 00:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I just dusted off my polearm and wanted to ask rq, is there any point to swapping in barone pants for Spirit Jump or naw?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-19 00:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Spirit_Jump
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-07-19 00:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yar yar, I know what it *says* on wiki... but that doesn't always work, figured I would ask people who use it to get an opinion on it.
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-07-19 00:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki doesn't say anything about it, is the 10% attack bonus from AF feet still applied to spirit jump or does that get lumped into the category with the rest of the gear that doesn't work with it anymore?