Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-22 09:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Krizz, how long did it take to kill those monsters? Full party? I'm just trying to do that math. 3000 Cruor at 15 apiece from mobs is 200 kills... wondering how long a kill takes, given our 30m time limit... etc.
~3 minutes per fight. 76WHM/BLM and... 75COR/DNC. Spent a bit of time resting since I went through a lot of MP testing spells on the mobs. With a PT they go down very fast. Watched a group burn through 3-4 EPs while I was waiting on COR to get unweakened.

He decided to test if XP is lost in Abyssea. It is.

Hmm... so, at 3 minutes per fight, that would be 10 monsters per Abyssea session at 15 Cru each, for a total of 150 per run. So 20 sessions would net 3K Cru for those items. Now there's a few 4K and 5K ones, so those would take even longer... but, if my math is correct, it would still take 6 months or so to get a whole gear set... that kind of sucks.

Obviously the math changes if you can kill faster, or stay longer, etc. But, going off the info supplied... yeah, that does kind of suck how long it would take for obtaining those pieces.

also, following up to this, this kickass Perle gear for example, that (via my math above) would take months for... You can resolve that Abyssea is sort of like Salvage or something, sure... but then, this only is gear for up to 80 as we have it. We'll more than likely get a whole NEW set of gear (upgrades at best) for the next cap, and then the one after that... most likely before people have even gotten full sets of current gear, and probably pissing off (in humorous fashion) those that did invest the time for this current crop of gear.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-22 09:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is similar to how campaign was you had the low lv stuff that came out 1st. Also people are QQing b4 they even tried this with a lv 80 prty or ally so no one has any real idea how long it will take to get full sets. I'm sure with lv 80 prtys it will be much faster to get full sets. I'd say 2 months tops. Remember also at lv 80 jobs will also perform different also. probably can be done easily with a prty of 3-5 lv 80's.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 09:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Juggalo said:
also, following up to this, this kickass Perle gear for example, that (via my math above) would take months for... You can resolve that Abyssea is sort of like Salvage or something, sure... but then, this only is gear for up to 80 as we have it. We'll more than likely get a whole NEW set of gear (upgrades at best) for the next cap, and then the one after that... most likely before people have even gotten full sets of current gear, and probably pissing off (in humorous fashion) those that did invest the time for this current crop of gear.
And keep in mind that there are also mobs that give 400+ XP and 100+ Cruor to a party a pop. They /check as VT, iirc.
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-22 10:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly dont know if any of the perle gear is worth it, but certain pieces of that Teal and Aurora gear are.

I doubt I will get an entire set at all. Teal Body and Legs, Aurora body for Nin.

People will find ways to beat the hell outta this zone quick and rack up the points. I am glad its a short event like Einherjar. It lets people like me who have a kid, wife and real job still get to kick some *** a few times a week.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 10:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
I am glad its a short event like Einherjar. It lets people like me who have a kid, wife and real job still get to kick some *** a few times a week.
Same here. I love Einherjar because of its time limit. Makes planning around it easier.
[+]
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-22 10:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Now if only I could convince my Einherjar LS to do Abyssea twice a week :D
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 10:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I already made a post on my LS's guildportal forum asking about if WoE and/or Abyssea might be added to the event schedule in the future.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 10:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

From BG. Not my SS:
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 10:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Big SS is big. Again from BG:

Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 10:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
I thought Abyssea had a vanadiel day cool down timer?

So you can go in for 30 mins, then wait 30 mins to do another one.

Or you can plan it right and do two back to back?
Walk of Echoes is one key item per vanadiel day.

Abyssea:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:
So, at the moment the time limit is 30 minutes and unknown how to extend it? Is tahgroni, konschtat, and the plateau all abyssea accessible in from the start? Just curious.

Edit: oh, and what's the cooldown time before entering again?
Quote:
Traverser stones can be obtained from the Port Jeuno NPC "Joachim," who will have an additional stone in stock every 20 hours (Earth time). Adventurers may call on Joachim at their convenience to collect their due amount of stones that has accumulated over time.
Each stone = 30 minutes. Initially can hold 3. Upon meeting some requirement, you can hold 4.

Edit: Just thought about it, I don't know if you can do them like tags and hold 3/4 and have another 3/4 ready to pick up from the NPC.
Edit: I think there is a 30 minute cooldown.
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-06-22 10:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
I thought Abyssea had a vanadiel day cool down timer? So you can go in for 30 mins, then wait 30 mins to do another one. Or you can plan it right and do two back to back?
Walk of Echoes is one key item per vanadiel day. Abyssea:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:
So, at the moment the time limit is 30 minutes and unknown how to extend it? Is tahgroni, konschtat, and the plateau all abyssea accessible in from the start? Just curious. Edit: oh, and what's the cooldown time before entering again?
Quote:
Traverser stones can be obtained from the Port Jeuno NPC "Joachim," who will have an additional stone in stock every 20 hours (Earth time). Adventurers may call on Joachim at their convenience to collect their due amount of stones that has accumulated over time.
Each stone = 30 minutes. Initially can hold 3. Upon meeting some requirement, you can hold 4. Edit: Just thought about it, I don't know if you can do them like tags and hold 3/4 and have another 3/4 ready to pick up from the NPC.
Edit: I think there is a 30 minute cooldown.
30min cooldown if you run out of time. think i read there is no cooldown time if u have another stone but exited at least 5 minutes before your time runs out
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 10:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
One stone will allow you a 30-minute stay (Earth time), with 120 minutes being the maximum permitted duration. Methods exist that allow players to extend their visitant duration.
Quote:
To reenter Abyssea, you must first obtain more traverser stones. Please note that 60 minutes (Earth time) must elapse before your next visit to Abyssea. Those who voluntarily leave Abyssea with greater than five minutes of visitant duration remaining, however, are not subject to this wait. Since a character's visitant duration and waiting time is common across all Abyssea areas, you may move freely between areas so long as the effect duration permits. Upon reentering, however, even those with carry-over visitant duration must have the status reissued by a conflux surveyor. Be warned: leaving Abyssea at this point without reacquiring the status will render your remaining time invalid.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-06-22 14:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz:

Thanks for the great information.
Great to see the SS's you posted. I used to hang with the guys and gals in Beyond from your first SS from BG, and I used to hang with Fico (long ago) on Ramuh with SilentWinds.
Great to see them having success and fun ^_^

About your info here, can you clarify the difference between "Walk of Echoes" and Abyssea?
At first I thought they were the same thing, but it looks like the 2 are different events, yah?
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-22 14:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
can you clarify the difference between "Walk of Echoes" and Abyssea? At first I thought they were the same thing, but it looks like the 2 are different events, yah?

Shoot yourself...you can post on here but can't find info on the 2 events between the numerous post here and info on wiki 0.0 lol
 Phoenix.Elanabelle
By Phoenix.Elanabelle 2010-06-22 14:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I could Kalico ...

Perhaps I was asking Krizz because he seems pretty knowledgeable, and thought myself and others might benefit from his knowledge.

Thanks for being a troll and a douchebag, though.
If I was going to take the time to shoot someone, it would certainly be an insensitive small-minded *** like yourself.

Have a nice day.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 14:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Elanabelle said:
I could Kalico ...

Perhaps I was asking Krizz because he seems pretty knowledgeable, and thought myself and others might benefit from his knowledge.

Thanks for being a troll and a douchebag, though.
If I was going to take the time to shoot someone, it would certainly be an insensitive small-minded *** like yourself.

Have a nice day.
lol, ignore Kalico. He's like that.

Anyway, Abyssea is a zone you get to through cavernous maws in the three main crag zones (holla/dem/mea).

Walk of Echoes is a zone with multiple battlefields you get to through a crystal in Xarcabard(S).

Abyssea is the entire zone. It's open, mobs everywhere, etc.

Walk of Echoes are individual battlefields with an Einherjar feel to them. You get 30 minutes to beat the hell out of as many mobs as you can.

Rewards for each are still being identified, of course. Is there anything in particular you wanted to know?
[+]
 Phoenix.Elanabelle
By Phoenix.Elanabelle 2010-06-22 14:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, that's the info I was seeking, Krizz.
Thank you very much!
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-22 14:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Elanabelle said:
I could Kalico ... Perhaps I was asking Krizz because he seems pretty knowledgeable, and thought myself and others might benefit from his knowledge. Thanks for being a troll and a douchebag, though. If I was going to take the time to shoot someone, it would certainly be an insensitive small-minded *** like yourself. Have a nice day.

Yeah the events haven't even been playable 24 hours yet so i'm sure he has some vast knowledge no one else has...
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-22 14:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Walk of Echos is like the love child of Limbus and Einherjar.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 14:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Phoenix.Elanabelle said:
I could Kalico ... Perhaps I was asking Krizz because he seems pretty knowledgeable, and thought myself and others might benefit from his knowledge. Thanks for being a troll and a douchebag, though. If I was going to take the time to shoot someone, it would certainly be an insensitive small-minded *** like yourself. Have a nice day.

Yeah the events haven't even been playable 24 hours yet so i'm sure he has some vast knowledge no one else has...
What have you contributed to this thread? How about the walk of echoes thread? How about the update thread? The manual update thread? The new recipe thread (though that one was short lived)?

I don't have knowledge beyond the community. However, I'm actually making an effort to bring the knowledge together from various sources to help people out.

What are you doing? Bitching at someone for asking a question.

Edit: And at the time some of my material was posted, it was new to the community. Even BG.

(disclaimer: I'll admit I haven't checked Zam since the .dat mining ended)

(inb4 tooting my own horn)

Edit2: Leaving work now. Play nice, kids.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-06-22 14:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Phoenix.Elanabelle said:

What have you contributed to this thread? How about the walk of echoes thread? How about the update thread? The manual update thread? The new recipe thread (though that one was short lived)?

I don't have knowledge beyond the community. However, I'm actually making an effort to bring the knowledge together from various sources to help people out.

What are you doing? Bitching at someone for asking a question.

Edit: And at the time some of my material was posted, it was new to the community. Even BG.

(disclaimer: I'll admit I haven't checked Zam since the .dat mining ended)

(inb4 tooting my own horn)

Edit2: Leaving work now. Play nice, kids.
Tooting your own... damnit.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-22 14:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Phoenix.Elanabelle said:
What have you contributed to this thread? How about the walk of echoes thread? How about the update thread? The manual update thread? The new recipe thread (though that one was short lived)? I don't have knowledge beyond the community. However, I'm actually making an effort to bring the knowledge together from various sources to help people out. What are you doing? Bitching at someone for asking a question. Edit: And at the time some of my material was posted, it was new to the community. Even BG. (disclaimer: I'll admit I haven't checked Zam since the .dat mining ended) (inb4 tooting my own horn) Edit2: Leaving work now. Play nice, kids.

Umm...your point...well my point was they asked if abyssea and woe were the same event...this question is easily answered by looking up both events on wiki period. If they said have you done the events yet what is your feed back then that would of been a different story...excuse me if I lol'd at a stupid question that could if been answered with a click or two of the mouse...sorry
 Titan.Aonen
Server: Titan
user: Aonen
By Titan.Aonen 2010-06-22 15:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Krizz, how long did it take to kill those monsters? Full party? I'm just trying to do that math. 3000 Cruor at 15 apiece from mobs is 200 kills... wondering how long a kill takes, given our 30m time limit... etc.
~3 minutes per fight. 76WHM/BLM and... 75COR/DNC. Spent a bit of time resting since I went through a lot of MP testing spells on the mobs. With a PT they go down very fast. Watched a group burn through 3-4 EPs while I was waiting on COR to get unweakened. He decided to test if XP is lost in Abyssea. It is.
Hmm... so, at 3 minutes per fight, that would be 10 monsters per Abyssea session at 15 Cru each, for a total of 150 per run. So 20 sessions would net 3K Cru for those items. Now there's a few 4K and 5K ones, so those would take even longer... but, if my math is correct, it would still take 6 months or so to get a whole gear set... that kind of sucks. Obviously the math changes if you can kill faster, or stay longer, etc. But, going off the info supplied... yeah, that does kind of suck how long it would take for obtaining those pieces.

Bottom line with all the gear is that I wouldn't invest a whole hell of a lot of time in gear that isnt upgrading, like Magian, perle is very nice but obsolete by what? 85? 90? We are going to have to wait until 99 to really see what gear is worth going for.
 Titan.Aonen
By Titan.Aonen 2010-06-22 15:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep seeing 30 minute cool down for re-entry? or am I completely mad and reading that wrong? I went in yesterday and am still unable to enter about 15 hours later. I am guessing you can only enter once every 24 hours (earth time)
or am I doing something wrong? Joachim says "Ah, sorry, Mate, but I've got nothin' fully charged right now
Check back in a wee while, wouild ye?"
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 15:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Umm...your point...well my point was they asked if abyssea and woe were the same event...this question is easily answered by looking up both events on wiki period. If they said have you done the events yet what is your feed back then that would of been a different story...excuse me if I lol'd at a stupid question that could if been answered with a click or two of the mouse...sorry
Point is to at least provide links when you're going to belittle someone like that. Otherwise you're doing nothing but flat out insulting them.

Semi-related: After posting my last post I remembered your BLU related posts you've made today. Those have been helpful from what I've seen.
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-06-22 15:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Aonen said:
Bottom line with all the gear is that I wouldn't invest a whole hell of a lot of time in gear that isnt upgrading, like Magian, perle is very nice but obsolete by what? 85? 90? We are going to have to wait until 99 to really see what gear is worth going for.

Considering the difficulty of the content that was introduced with this patch, gimping yourself to current gear til 99 will be similar to meriting in full RSE.

You can do it, but you're going to have a much harder time getting that better gear later.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 15:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Aonen said:
I keep seeing 30 minute cool down for re-entry? or am I completely mad and reading that wrong? I went in yesterday and am still unable to enter about 15 hours later. I am guessing you can only enter once every 24 hours (earth time)
or am I doing something wrong? Joachim says "Ah, sorry, Mate, but I've got nothin' fully charged right now
Check back in a wee while, wouild ye?"
You get one stone per 20 hours.

Say you stock up to 3 stones.

You enter, and when talking to the npc about your status effect, you only pick one stone. That leaves you with 2 stones and 30 minutes in zone.

You decide after that you want to go to one of the other zones. You leave, and head there where you intend to use another stone.

Now one of two things will happen.
1) If you left with more than 5 minutes on your previous timer, you can enter immediately.
2) You must wait 60 minutes before entering Abyssea again.
[+]
 Titan.Aonen
By Titan.Aonen 2010-06-22 15:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Titan.Aonen said:
I keep seeing 30 minute cool down for re-entry? or am I completely mad and reading that wrong? I went in yesterday and am still unable to enter about 15 hours later. I am guessing you can only enter once every 24 hours (earth time) or am I doing something wrong? Joachim says "Ah, sorry, Mate, but I've got nothin' fully charged right now Check back in a wee while, wouild ye?"
You get one stone per 20 hours. Say you stock up to 3 stones. You enter, and when talking to the npc about your status effect, you only pick one stone. That leaves you with 2 stones and 30 minutes in zone. You decide after that you want to go to one of the other zones. You leave, and head there where you intend to use another stone. Now one of two things will happen. 1) If you left with more than 5 minutes on your previous timer, you can enter immediately. 2) You must wait 60 minutes before entering Abyssea again.

ahhh I see Thanks man!
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38