Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 14:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm not mistaken, certain mobs outright resist MV post-patch... pretty sure that was in the update notes. If so, working as intended.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-18 14:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Night is correct, certain NMs resist it.
Wiki said:
According to a recent update's notes certain Notorious Monsters will demonstrate resistance to the effects of Modus Veritas.
 Valefor.Serif
Server: Valefor
user: Seriftaru
By Valefor.Serif 2010-06-18 14:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
If I'm not mistaken, certain mobs outright resist MV post-patch... pretty sure that was in the update notes. If so, working as intended.

hmm.. I thought just a resistance? tbh, I don't know though!

Verthandi does not have too much HP but I would find it surprising to say it out right misses every time since she does not take magic damage well.

I have another pop, so tonight I will see if it does misses again!
 Valefor.Serif
By Valefor.Serif 2010-06-18 19:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep.. missed every time :|!
 Sylph.Idris
Server: Sylph
user: Drakonite
By Sylph.Idris 2010-06-24 10:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone knows if SE made all Aerns resist Modus instead of just AV? I missed a MV on an exp mob earlier today...

Knowing SE, they probably took the lazy route (Even if it is essentially broken).

Valefor.Serif
By Valefor.Serif 2010-06-30 10:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Idris said:
Anyone knows if SE made all Aerns resist Modus instead of just AV? I missed a MV on an exp mob earlier today...

Knowing SE, they probably took the lazy route (Even if it is essentially broken).

A friend of mine and myself were doing a doll book in sky (both lvl80). I did a 210 Cyro to our target Groundskeeper, we both waited a tick and hit our Modus buttons(!) BAM, she hits.. I miss, wtf? lol I mean, it is a weak mob and we were just messing around; why did it fail lol

I really don't understand, but I agree with you Idris that it is probably broken. I believe you when you say you missed it on an Aern; maybe they made Modus acc even more sensitive with this update? But how can a JA have acc anyways.. it is so bogus.

Ever sense this epic fall has happened, I have been taking note of which mobs I have missed Modus on. A lot of them are new NMs and mobs: Verthandi, Lord Ruthven, Yilbegan, Mangy-tailed Marvin, Megantereon, Chasmic Hornet, Piasa, Groundskeeper, Aw'ghrah, Idle Wanderer
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-30 10:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Serif said:
Sylph.Idris said:

A friend of mine and myself were doing a doll book in sky (both lvl80). I did a 210 Cyro to our target Groundskeeper, we both waited a tick and hit our Modus buttons(!) BAM, she hits.. I miss, wtf? lol I mean, it is a weak mob and we were just messing around; why did it fail lol

I really don't understand, but I agree with you Idris that it is probably broken. I believe you when you say you missed it on an Aern; maybe they made Modus acc even more sensitive with this update? But how can a JA have acc anyways.. it is so bogus.

Ever sense this epic fall has happened, I have been taking note of which mobs I have missed Modus on. A lot of them are new NMs and mobs: Verthandi, Lord Ruthven, Yilbegan, Mangy-tailed Marvin, Megantereon, Chasmic Hornet, Piasa, Groundskeeper, Aw'ghrah, Idle Wanderer

Jump, High Jump, Spirit Jump.
 Odin.Rues
Server: Odin
user: Rues
By Odin.Rues 2010-06-30 11:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Valefor.Serif said:
But how can a JA have acc anyways.. it is so bogus.

DNC steps, EES, Shadowbind,
 Valefor.Serif
By Valefor.Serif 2010-06-30 11:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Valefor.Serif said:
Sylph.Idris said:

Thanks, I forgot about DRG abilities :3
Hmmm, DRG have pieces of gear that enhance the acc of these JAs. Maybe in the future they will add something like that for Modus then... oh yay, more gear in my inventory haha
 Asura.Chefm
Server: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-07-18 20:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i was up in sky tonight and id do 150 helix, and there was 2 sch in the pty, when she Modus and missed i was like WTF? so i modus and missed ! this happeed on Despot > Faust and Ulk .
 Odin.Kraytos
Server: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2010-07-18 21:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

yep, saw this in sea on a non-NM aern too :D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2010-08-26 13:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rues said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Valefor.Serif said:
But how can a JA have acc anyways.. it is so bogus.

DNC steps, EES, Shadowbind,

Jumps are based off the Dragoons regular accuracy as they are considered regular attacks even though they are JA's. EES is also an attack based JA and anything negative to your RA will effect this accuracy negatively. I have never heard of or seen shadowbind "miss" it can however be resisted by NMs immune to it and I don't remember if the text says shadowbind fails to take effect or shadowbind misses. Steps are also considered a physical attack and therefor are based on the accuracy of the dancer or sub dancer, but they do have armor that enhances the accuracy steps over the dancers normal melee accuracy. My SCH is only 41 but I do plan to lvl it in the near future so I cant say exactly how MV works but from what y'all are saying it sounds likely "fixed it" to where its like the others and based off your magic accuracy? Although as the JA enhances a spell that has already landed for it to miss a normal mob there is some logic needed there... which we all know SE is not very good at logic. So yeah maybe try magic accuracy and do some testing? set up your current armor fight a mob that occasional resist a MV and use it 100+ times count the resist, then try again using a strong magic accuracy or elemental magic set and see if there is a difference?