New BLU Spells
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Diabolos.Timo
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Timo
By Diabolos.Timo 2010-06-17 10:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue Magic Hunting Grounds website has put some possible spell additions on their website including:

Animating Wall from Qutrub - AOE Haste

Cimicine Discharge from Gnat - AOE Slow + Self Haste

Leafstorm from Treant - AOE Damage

Regeneration from Sea Monk - Regen

Battery Charge from Magic Pot - MP Restore

Demoralizing Roar from Wivre - AOE Attack Down 50%

Plenilune Embrace from Gnoles - HP Recovery+ATT+Removes 3
Negative Status Effects

Unknown Fire Attack

Unknown Water Attack

Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-06-17 10:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Timo said:
I believe that was actually found in the .dats.
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-17 10:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Judging from the DNC update and the information SE dropped at Fanfest, I wouldn't be surprised if BLU has a way to give themselves Dual-Wield now, as well.
 Diabolos.Timo
Server: Diabolos
user: Timo
By Diabolos.Timo 2010-06-17 10:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Diabolos.Timo said:

Yeah they said on their website that those spells were found in the .dats, but obviously Plenilune Embrace is one because of the picture on the update page.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-17 11:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

at this point /dnc is the way to go for DW if it scales properly. tp based cures, cocoon, and eventually demoralizing roar might be enough to throw away the need for utsusemi. that being said, its looking more like blu is being shoved to be a backline job, which might not be bad...if SE didn't feel the need to give blu's -1 versions of most support spells
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-06-17 11:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Go go Aqua Breath!
 Fenrir.Akuma
Server: Fenrir
user: nasamoo
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-06-17 11:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly I'm prolly still going to /nin <3 my shadows. but new spells sound good specially battery charge
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-17 11:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't Battery Charge restore a certain amount of MP, rather than actually give refresh?

Also the fire and water spells look like Fireball from lizards and I've heard aqua breath from adamantoise. Odd that you'd have one from a mob that has no non NM version, but come Abyssea there could well be regular versions. I also find it odd that there's nothing from the new mobs in Abyssea that have been announced, hopefully they just haven't been added to the .dats yet.

Oh, and I somehow doubt Cimicine Discharge will also give haste, when we have refueling and now Animated Wail, it'll probably skip the haste and just be slow. Not that I'll be complaining if it's as potent as it is from gnats.

Plenuline Embrace will probably be disappointing, but at the very least it'll be a non-sucky version of Exuviation.

Personally, I'm looking forward to some blu/rdm action. Cocoon
Phalanx
290ish Stoneskin
Protect II (III at 99)
Hopefully full potency haste from wail
hopefully potent slow from Discharge
Convert
Self Refresh/MP restore (plus actual refresh 82+)
erase
enspell
probably dual wield
hopefully reasonably potent regen
demoralizing roar

Plus all the other tools we already have and more as new spells are released, should make for some interesting solo :D
[+]
 Odin.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-17 11:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

WOnder if the AOE Haste will be more than Refueling since there is a JA that allows to make Single Target AoE , no ?
 Valefor.Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-17 11:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure as I don't have sch lvld but I'm pretty sure blu magic can't be AoE'd through that ability.

Again, I doubt Plenilune Embrace will be as potent as the version mobs use, as was the case with Exuviation. Best we can hope for I think is that the spell will scale with more blu skill.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-17 11:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Diffusion is a merit JA, starting out at 20 minutes and going down to 10 minutes with full merits. I've never heard of anyone putting 5 merits into it though because it's just too situational (read: useless). Refueling is only 10% haste, so we can only hope that Animated Wail is at least 15% like the rdm and whm spell haste.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-17 11:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

oh lawl, he was talking about diffusion refueling? Yep, so useless it escaped my thought completely.
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-17 12:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

With these new spells alone if they are half decent will seriously enhance blu. I can see the adding of /dnc to the arsonal of blu subs @ lv 80 but I still don't see /nin getting dismissed as the main sub anytime soon especially with DW3(DW4 with suppa) when we get lv 90.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 12:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Diabolos.Timo said:
All of them were added in the preliminary update.

I'm anticipating at least DW from spells - DNC got it, SE was talking about giving it to us, could be interesting. /RDM and /WAR will both be very useful subs at 80 when you don't need shadows if we get DW... even without, /RDM has serious potential with Convert.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-17 12:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also looking at Sekkanoki. Solo double-SC? Or the ability to close Darkness with a 100% Vertical Cleave?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-17 12:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Savage Blade > Expiacion > Vertical Cleave :D

Having said that, I still really hope the new WS is Gravitation so we can solo darkness with Disseverement.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 12:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:

Having said that, I still really hope the new WS is Gravitation so we can solo darkness with Disseverement.
Yessssssssssssss
 Fenrir.Akuma
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-06-17 12:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza that would be sexy.. lets not hold our breath though.. and lets see how many points they give us at 90 as well as how many points these new spells going to cost let alone the mp.
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-06-17 12:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:

That would be sweet, but wasn't the new sword WS an HP/MP draining type? I thought those didn't have skillchain elements. :(
 Fenrir.Akuma
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-06-17 13:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

but what we needs is more JA's lol we've got all of 3 ; ; unless we got the merited ones lol.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-17 17:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see /rdm(convert) being the new sub for nuking but I still think /sch will be the sub to main heal with. Soloing or DDing w physical spells I still be going /nin. /thf /war /dnc if there is a good tank in the party and if you can get a (true Antea w OAT)...on another note I hope Plenilune Embrace does some decent numbers like 500+ since its only self healing or atleast heal for as much as MF but for a lot less mp...I hope lol
 Valefor.Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-17 17:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
I can see /rdm(convert) being the new sub for nuking but I still think /sch will be the sub to main heal with. Soloing or DDing w physical spells I still be going /nin. /thf /war /dnc if there is a good tank in the party and if you can get a (true Antea w OAT)

lol
tl;dr nothing has changed
 Seraph.Tsuchinoko
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Tsuchinoko 2010-06-17 23:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I foresee a dark based breath for the breathing rainbow.
But none of the spells listed are from the new mobs from VoA.
Personally I would like to see a spell from the Elasmoth, and Clionid.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-17 23:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope none of the spells come from Abyssea. It would be a mega-huge slap in the face to the BLUs that don't buy the add-ons.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-17 23:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
I hope none of the spells come from Abyssea. It would be a mega-huge slap in the face to the BLUs that don't buy the add-ons.

I'm almost sure aqua breath will come from the abyssea turtle.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-17 23:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the water spell was coming from orobons?
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-17 23:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
I thought the water spell was coming from orobons?

Lol I doubt that... we know abyssea will have mobs very similar to the mobs we have now like the mini Adamantoise which i'm sure will do some type of aqua breath. Just like our last update we got our spells from the new campaign areas...most likely most if not all our spells will come from abyssea version of mobs who do moves similar to the mobs we currently know like knoles, gnats and Adamantoise. If you didn't buy wotg then you wouldn't have last spells we got so its not far fetched if you don't have the abyssea add on you won't get the new spells.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-17 23:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Lol I doubt that... we know abyssea will have mobs very similar to the mobs we have now like the mini Adamantoise which i'm sure will do some type of aqua breath. Just like our last update we got our spells from the new campaign areas...most likely most if not all our spells will come from abyssea version of mobs who do moves similar to the mobs we currently know like knoles, gnats and Adamantoise. If you didn't buy wotg then you wouldn't have last spells we got so its not far fetched if you don't have the abyssea add on you won't get the new spells.

We didn't have to pay an extra $10, though. Those areas were added by the update as they were part of the WotG expansion. Expansion != Add-on
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-17 23:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Odin.Kalico said:

We didn't have to pay an extra $10, though. Those areas were added by the update as they were part of the WotG expansion. Expansion != Add-on

LOL What...you had to buy wotg though reguardless lol ...come the *** on man
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-18 00:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
LOL What...you had to buy wotg though reguardless lol ...come the *** on man
Which had been out for years... and could be bought at a store... and I'm not a man.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8