DNC: The New Queen Of FFXI!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC: The new queen of FFXI!
DNC: The new queen of FFXI!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
 Leviathan.Duvessa
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-06-17 12:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, lets say you're dual wielding a dagger with 200 delay and a dagger with 195 like Dakini...

395 delay / 60 = 6.5833333333333333333333333333333 seconds per attack

Kirpan with 11 more delay:
406 delay / 60 = 6.7666666666666666666666666666667 seconds per attack.

You're attacking almost 2/10th of a second faster for an obviously lowered damage output. Not only would you be gimping your TP return per hit by using these daggers, you're also gonna have a higher chance to hit 0's on anything with reputable defense.

And thats assuming your Athame has 200 delay... I'm going to assume its got at least 210 since its one of those trial occ. attack twice weapons that always have +delay. I cant look it up personally atm cuz FFXI wiki isnt loading for me.

So you're probably not even attacking any noticeable amount faster.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 12:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Dakini, sup? -11 delay, -1 dmg, -15 attack, 4 dex, 3 accuracy.. no contest. Papilio is neither a good mainhand, nor epeen.. especially when you're talking to the person who dualboxed scylla the day after it came out. If accuracy is capped and you're not using the extra acc on dakini(I'm sure you'll try to make this argument), get a STR one too?

Rofl at this idiot saying 4 dex > 15 attack. Obviously understands nothing about Dancing Edge.
I don't recall him saying anything about DD DNC.
[+]
 Leviathan.Thornyy
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-06-17 12:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

-11 delay, assuming any decent dnc will be offhanding athame~

211+201 = 412
211+190 = 401

412/401 = 2.7% tp damage from delay difference

15 attack at 500 attack(minuets or chaos roll, you do merit with 2 buffers don't you?) = 515/500 or 3% damage on a mob with no level correction, with level correction it'll cap around 3.5% damage during tp and ws

5 accuracy(2 from dex 3 from acc) = 2.5% hitrate, which'll be a minimum of 2.5% damage

1.025^2 = 5.06% damage on tp and 5.06% ws quantity
2.5% hitrate on ws means you're looking at

5.06% damage on tp phase, 1.0506 * 1.025 = 7.68% damage on WS

now, the base damage will be negated on ws due to dex adding a WSC, but on TP phase it'll upgrade you from:

34 * 1.05 = 35.7
33 * 1.425 = 48.45
or 84.15 * pdif damage per attack round on avg

to

35 * 1.05 = 36.75
33 * 1.425 = 48.45
or 85.2 * pdif damage per attack round on avg

85.2 / 84.15 = 1.24% damage on tp phase from base dmg

1.035 * 1.0124 = 4.78% total damage on tp phase from papilio
5.06% total damage on tp phase from dakini

3.5% damage on WS from papilio
7.68% damage on ws from dakini

If you want me to compare athame to whatever garbage you offhand, let me know. It's not going to be pretty though..
[+]
 Leviathan.Duvessa
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-06-17 12:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You're counting accuracy as damage here? You should probably be capped accuracy anyways. And any decent DNC will have 8/8 dagger merits to begin with. Adding "5 more acc" won't help if its capped. And you're not going to be getting much more out of other slots by utilizing that extra 5 in the dagger instead.

We do have this thing called Accuracy Bonus II, btw. Makes it much easier for us to cap acc than it is for other jobs with B to B+ skills.

Also some of your math is completely wrong to begin with.

Anyways, I have to get some sleep. I'll be back on later tonight.
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-06-17 12:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Is this why ninian mainhands it?
[+]
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-06-17 12:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My math is all correct. As I predicted 2 posts ago, you'd bring up capped accuracy.. you'd do well to read my arguments before attempting to counter them. In that case, use STR dakini. If accuracy is capped, STR dakini is a clear cut winner over papilio. If it is not, DEX dakini is a clear cut winner over papilio. If it's significantly over cap, you can even use Athame/Joyeuse.

You're wrong, you're stupid, go away. Suck some more e-***, maybe you'll get more shinies you don't know how to use properly.
Sylph.Kozuki said:
You realize we're talking about dual wield situations where you can deal damage, right? If you're strapped for tp, offhanding cinq is viable. If you're single wielding(won't happen post update), athame is the way to go. If you're damage dealing and can't afford the acc cut from offhanding joyeuse, then Dakini/Athame(or in Duvessa's mind Papilio/Athame) is the best combination. Different things for different situations, you should read before you make smartass comments.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-17 12:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

/twirls through the thread like a helicopter
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-17 12:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
My math is all correct. As I predicted 2 posts ago, you'd bring up capped accuracy. In that case, use STR dakini. If accuracy is capped, STR dakini is a clear cut winner over papilio. If it is not, DEX dakini is a clear cut winner over papilio. If it's significantly over cap, you can even use Athame/Joyeuse.

You're wrong, you're stupid, go away. Suck some more e-***, maybe you'll get more shinies you don't know how to use properly.

I have to wonder, why do you resort to childish name calling when having a debate? Seems like you take stuff way to personal.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 12:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
You're counting accuracy as damage here? You should probably be capped accuracy anyways. And any decent DNC will have 8/8 dagger merits to begin with. Adding "5 more acc" won't help if its capped. And you're not going to be getting much more out of other slots by utilizing that extra 5 in the dagger instead.

We do have this thing called Accuracy Bonus II, btw. Makes it much easier for us to cap acc than it is for other jobs with B to B skills.

Also some of your math is completely wrong to begin with.

Anyways, I have to get some sleep. I'll be back on later tonight.
I lol'd.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-17 12:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kozuki said:
Quote:

I have a Cinq. Do I really need to explain myself?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 12:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Quote:

I have a Cinq. Do I really need to explain myself?
Obviously :x
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-17 12:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Duvess.Ingame said:
Papilio > Athame
ahahahahahahahahahaha

Haha, no you dumbass. I said Papilio is a MUCH better mainhand. It's not my fault you can't draw that from the statement about the DMG.

And we were comparing Papilo and the Kartika you mentioned you had also. I said situationally Papilio would still be better than Kartika.

Im confused, I thought it was started because it was said Papilio is a better main hand than Athame or did you misqoute what was said in game to you?
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-06-17 12:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
I have to wonder, why do you resort to childish name calling when having a debate? Seems like you take stuff way to personal.
Stupid people make me angry. Stupid (debatably) females that suck up to guys/pretend to be lesbians to get free gear make me angrier. Honestly, I'm doing my best to explain to her why she's wrong and she's a brick wall. It's like teaching algebra to a chimpanzee.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-17 12:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Stupid people make me angry. Stupid (debatably) females that suck up to guys/pretend to be lesbians to get free gear make me angrier. Honestly, I'm doing my best to explain to her why she's wrong and she's a brick wall. It's like teaching algebra to a chimpanzee.

Or explaining FFVIII to a lemon?
 Leviathan.Revgrigor
user: Revgrigor
By Leviathan.Revgrigor 2010-06-17 12:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I <3 threads that niniann and thornyy post in. Not because I lol at elitists, but because its funny watching ppl try to call them out on ***only to be shot down hard.
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-06-17 12:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

She offhands a really bad fast store TP dagger while mainhanding an athame,do you even play with your GF or dual box everything by yourself?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 12:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kozuki said:
She offhands a really bad fast store TP dagger while mainhanding an athame,do you even play with your GF or dual box everything by yourself?
Store TP is terrible :x

For that matter, so is a low delay second weapon paired with an OAT weapon.
[+]
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-06-17 12:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we go back to fantasizing about bishounen male elvaan in frilly outfits?
I daresay it's a lot better to talk about than this.
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-06-17 12:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing less dmg than you should be because you think store tp +5 matters on a DW job, yes.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-06-17 12:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kozuki said:
Ninian isn't my dual box. You'd know that if you knew anything about me, try looking up Thornspet.

She uses different weapons for different situations, omg? Athame/Cinq is the highest TP gain combination, it's useful for healing dynamis-xarcabard or tavnazia, as they're healing intensive and have significant enough evasion that Athame/Joyeuse isn't viable.

Since you seem to want to call us out somehow, let's see.. would you rather I mention your complete garbage paladin gear, the fact your opinions are spoonfed through Kimble, your whorish avatar, how ugly the person in said whorish avatar is, or how utterly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE everything you've posted that's at all related to NIN is?

Also, while you're looking up Thornspet, take note of how much better a character than yours it is.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-17 12:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't feed her anything.

And again, personal attacks are just childish.

Her PLD gear is ***because 1) She doesnt play PLD, 2) Shes on break and im using her account and I throw together what I could to SMN burn pull.

Really, calling someone ugly/*** is something a 5 year old can do and takes no thought to even come up with.

No place for that AT ALL in a gear/job debate.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 12:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

He's from BG, what did you expect?
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-06-17 12:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I was referring to you dual boxing your own char while she sits outside of bcnm's and crap AFK waiting for you to finish dual boxing since you'd rather dual box than play with your own gf :(

Also, how is dying at least once per char at everything you do going? ;D
[+]
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-06-17 12:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
I don't feed her anything.

And again, personal attacks are just childish.

Her PLD gear is ***because 1) She doesnt play PLD, 2) Shes on break and im using her account and I throw together what I could to SMN burn pull.

Really, calling someone ugly/*** is something a 5 year old can do and takes no thought to even come up with.

There's no place for her irrelevant comments either, they're common sense(half of them have even been answered by me in this thread..) and if she really thinks she's going to bring up anything we haven't thought of.. well.. I don't know what to tell you. Your girlfriend isn't very bright.
Sylph.Kozuki said:
I was referring to you dual boxing your own char while she sits outside of bcnm's and crap AFK waiting for you to finish dual boxing since you'd rather dual box than play with your own gf :(
No idea where that came from, I can count the number of times we've both been online where she wasn't doing something with me on my fingers. I dualbox things when she's offline/busy with her own stuff. I do solo things on occasion, since I like to keep my status as one of the better RDMs intact, but I don't do it when I could be hanging out with her. ***, she's in class atm or we'd be playing together right now :S
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Also, how is dying at least once per char at everything you do going? ;D
ITT: uninformed drivel. I die, so does anyone. I don't die an unreasonable amount, I don't die solo, I don't know what you're hinting at. I do know it's entirely irrelevant, as was my last post, and you'd do better to explain why we're wrong about daggers if you want to come off as anything other than the airhead I currently envision you as.
[+]
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-06-17 12:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
There really doesn't seem to need to be a debate. Why does everything have to be a debate? It works for her, leave it be. It's not affecting anyone but the team she's with and believe me, if she could improve, they would TELL HER if she's main healing.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-17 12:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I guess I just dont believe if you don't agree with someone, you resort to calling someone ugly and a ***. Not like it helps you prove your point.
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-06-17 12:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know I was ugly, or this avatar was whorish! Thanks for informing me!

I don't even play paladin, I have zero gear for it, like kimble said, he's using my account and was pulling for an astral burn on it <_<

Everything I posted about NIN is fine, what? <_<

The only jobs I actually play are DNC NIN SCH and kind of brd I guess, which all have gear/merits. My pld is...nothing.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-17 12:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm, if shes just going to go to the personal attack route as well, ill just let you two go at it. lol

I don't approve of it either way.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11