Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Vorpal Blade Mirke Wardecors
Vorpal Blade Mirke Wardecors
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-17 01:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I just finished ACP. Looking to use the body as a Vorpal Blade piece. So I must ask, what's the best augments to throw onto it?

1: Acc/Atk+10
2: DA+2/Crit+3%
3: Combinations of the above?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-17 01:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

For blu... I'd say not acc.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 01:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree with Dasva, acc on Vorpal tends to be pretty good with decent gear. If you're planning to apply the body for Savage Blade and Expiacion as well the acc may still have a place though.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-17 02:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So would 2 DA/3 Crit be my best bet?
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-17 02:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm this got me curious. What vorpal (or maybe blu) has that makes it have good acc? I don't see blu as being any more accurate than other 1h dd. Are you considering stuff like sushi or pizza, is that it?

If you ask me i would completely go hauby style (which is useful for other jobs too).
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-17 02:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think part of the reason Vorpal Blade stays accurate, is because you're already stacking DEX for WS mods and that DEX accounts for both crit rate, WS mod, and Accuracy.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-17 02:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know much about blu, but this had me curious. One thing i would say is that with thf the only way i get good acc (well, capped) on DE is by eating some kind of acc food. Thf has the power of hecatomb on it's side. What blu has that seems to be so good? lol
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-17 02:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, pretty much has to eat Sushi anyway...
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-17 02:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
hmm this got me curious. What vorpal (or maybe blu) has that makes it have good acc? I don't see blu as being any more accurate than other 1h dd. Are you considering stuff like sushi or pizza, is that it?

If you ask me i would completely go hauby style (which is useful for other jobs too).

Majority of BLU's gear used for Vorpal has DEX/Accuracy already on it, like VSallet/Maat's/Gnadbod's, Warwolf, Rajas, Enkidu's Mitts/Subligar, Mirke base stats, Koggel, White* Tathlum. Add stuff like MKD Helm/OHat, Virtuoso Belt, Perdu, Capped Sword Merits/Suppa, Cuch, WS Gorget, AF2 Legs, Denali Feet, as well as Pizza/Sushi into the mix, it's pretty hard to *not* have a capped hit rate.

Not to mention we get Acc Bonus trait, as well as DEX+ just from the spells we have set.

Edit: Oops.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-17 02:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because blu's acc sucks that you don't need acc on the body. Why? because sucky acc means sushi, hence covering your ***.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-17 02:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
It's because blu's acc sucks that you don't need acc on the body. Why? because sucky acc means sushi, hence covering your ***.

yeah, thats what i figured from the beginning. But well, a hauby mirke would help with a meat build (if thats at all achievable).

Oh yeah Virtuosus, i think the sheer awesomeness of hecatomb should counter that +dex and extra acc bonus. That is the only difference i could see, cause both jobs can equip most of those items (or thf gets better stuff like fire bomblet).
 Fenrir.Necrids
Server: Fenrir
user: Necrids
By Fenrir.Necrids 2010-06-17 02:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu cant wear black tathlum.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-17 02:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I understand meat build not worth it since attack does nothing for spells and only the DoT portion of your damage so you'd still be behind acc on your spells, and gain nothing from the attack
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-17 03:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

yeah, thats what i figured from the beginning. But well, a hauby mirke would help with a meat build (if thats at all achievable).

Oh yeah Virtuosus, i think the sheer awesomeness of hecatomb should counter that dex and extra acc bonus. That is the only difference i could see, cause both jobs can equip most of those items (or thf gets better stuff like fire bomblet).

Any decently geared THF using sushi should have capped hit rate on merit level mobs though anyway.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-17 03:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and I ended up getting impatient and chose the DA/Crit one.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-17 03:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tigerwoods said:
From what I understand meat build not worth it since attack does nothing for spells and only the DoT portion of your damage so you'd still be behind acc on your spells, and gain nothing from the attack

It would still be a positive extra though hehe. But i wonder how bad would a blu macc on physical spells be without sushi. If they can do without, why not do with meat? lol
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Any decently geared THF using sushi should have capped hit rate on merit level mobs though anyway.
Yep thats pretty much it. And i was comparing both jobs to check the limit that blu can reach. Thf can work it's *** for a meat build on merits, if blu could do that too, it would only be winning.
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Oh, and I ended up getting impatient and chose the DA/Crit one.
Well, don't you come crying over spilt milk later then!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-17 03:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:

Well blu not only eats sushi or pizza but sets some dex spells, has accuracy bonus. You also got to consider that a blu eats food based on having capped accuracy on his spells when going all out on str, skill and stat mods which is usually dex and not wearing anything for acc specifically.

So if you need to put acc into your vorpal blade build you probably need to put some into your spell build in which case you probably should be eating a different food.

Depending on gear alot of blus can get away with pizza but for most they need/use sushi on most mobs
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-17 04:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Put some Eva behind it for when you go soling some mob in Mount Zaylom Like I did for the Clusters.. I'm using my Mirke for that as a Macro.. I used the Acc, that way I can take away the PCC and use a chiv chain or Almah....

Das..let him work that one out himself.. i'm sure he has a reason behind what he wants?? its all good...
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-17 04:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I think part of the reason Vorpal Blade stays accurate, is because you're already stacking DEX for WS mods and that DEX accounts for both crit rate, WS mod, and Accuracy.

Yes Str and Dex mods for sure...Maybe he can add Ws bonuses, or somethng else good, meh idk..
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-17 04:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wearing PCC? ***I use Chiv soley for the str. And I've been to lazy to get ire torque +1
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-17 12:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Put some Eva behind it for when you go soling some mob in Mount Zaylom Like I did for the Clusters.. I'm using my Mirke for that as a Macro.. I used the Acc, that way I can take away the PCC and use a chiv chain or Almah....

Das..let him work that one out himself.. i'm sure he has a reason behind what he wants?? its all good...

wut