Forum » FFXI » General » SpellCast XML Template Suggestions
SpellCast XML Template Suggestions
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-14 01:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want this to turn into a flamefest of people bitching about the use of windower etc vs legit players. I just need some good templates to work with to fix my spellcast macros if anybody is willing to share theirs for BLU, BLM, RDM, BRD.
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-06-14 01:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

/bump

I am interested in this too. I downloaded a couple programs that are supposed to help make writing .xml files easier, but I honestly have no idea where to start.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-06-14 01:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My BLM spellcast was originally Aikar's BLM Spellcast, I just changed it about a bit so it had my gear/delays.

BRD
RDM (63) (My WHM one may be more use depending on what you're looking for.)

They're nothing super special, but they work well for me~
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-06-14 01:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM
RDM

I don't use the automatic idling feature though as I feel like it takes control from me, so I use a dummy spell to use my idle set, "Water Spirit" to use my idle set.

I'm pretty new to SC myself(maybe started like 2-3 weeks ago) but I've learned quite a bit on how to use it.

I was using Aikar's BLM template myself but I found it not to be too great in terms of how it coded, so I made my own.

They aren't 100% done, but they're close enough that they're usable - I've really only made small tweaks and stuff once I got the bulk in.

In fact, I just saw something I can fix. Let me fix that real fast. The code is probably a huge jumble lol >.< sorry for that.

**edit** by the way, my XML uses certain JAs as dummy spells to increase or decrease Variables to switch set(between say three enfeebling sets on RDM, 3 nuking sets on BLM / RDM as well etc etc, just take a look and you'll see what I mean.)

**edit again lol** Debug mode is on because my xmls were glitching out and I never turned it off. Just switch Debug="true" to false and it'll stop debugging for you...

**Edit another time!** I put the wrong thing for the Obi rule on BLM(and possibly RDM) when i was looking it over for helping someone - it should be NotType="JobAbility" not Type="NotJobAbility" I'm too lazy to re-pastebin though.
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-14 01:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still getting the hang of using spellcast xmls. Looking forward to more submissions for multiple jobs. Also, if done right spellcast can work great for many melee classes too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-14 01:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said:
/bump

I am interested in this too. I downloaded a couple programs that are supposed to help make writing .xml files easier, but I honestly have no idea where to start.
Teach yourself XHTML and make a few basic web pages. XML becomes cake after that
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-14 01:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Since others have already submitted blms no real point so I'll just do my blu.

My blu is pretty bare bones but not hard to add some stuff. Mostly just for campaign and was for einharjar and some VNM stun locking...

http://pastebin.org/329549

Btw the reason I have 2 dmg sets for my physical spells/ws based on mp is cause I lost alot of mp switching from homam to stat equip especiallly since 1 has -mp on it lol
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-06-14 02:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty important that you learn how to do your own. Everyone plays different, with different, items, and can even code the SC differently.. so trying to copy someone else might even make more problems.

But anyway- here is my stuff.. http://gts.pastebin.com/0xx06Vga
Not a template but has BLM and BRD stuff in there.
Most pretty basic, and not saying it's the 'right way' but works for me..
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-06-14 02:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ok but how to do out them into your marcos for them to work? ive been reading about this for quite some time.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-06-14 02:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Your macro will become only the casting line.

Example, my code for Enfeebling magic is this:

http://pastebin.org/329609

If you're casting say, Blind, and your enfeebling set variable(In this case, BlackMagicEnfeeblingMagic1 - Potency set) is what it's set on, then when you're in midcast for blind, it'll automatically equip the set of equipment you specify.

However, if you're casting Gravity, it'll skip the whole "Variable" set for enfeebling magic and go straight to the Third level(Skill set) since Potency for Gravity doesn't matter in the least, all you need to do is make sure it doesn't resist.
I set the midcast delay to 0.5 seconds to ensure that my fast cast gear doesn't override the enfeebling skill gear(it did that some times until I put the midcast delay on it)

Anyways, if I'm casting Paralyze or Paralyze II, it'll equip the current set of gear my enfeebling variable is set to, PLUS ice grip. Same with Bind, except Bind always equips the skill based set because there's no potency involved, etc.

Hope that wasn't too complicated ; ; hope I helped.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-15 13:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM.xml

Got a nice BLM one working and everything is great, thanks all for the input, but the RDM one isn't quite working...I used this: http://paste.windower.net/plugins/sp...silvenmyst_rdm as a template.

It swaps between my idle/resting gear when I rest and get up from resting, and it swaps gear out for Stoneskin and cancels stoneskin at the correct time, but for all other spells no gear is swapped, and for blink/utsusemi/sneak, they are also not cancelled. Can anybody help? D:
 Sylph.Mayeh
user: Mayeh
By Sylph.Mayeh 2010-06-15 13:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of user submitted samples provided on the website as well. On the SpellCast page in the Useful Links section click on "User Submitted XML."
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-15 14:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I used silvenmyst's template, but still having this problem:
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
RDM.xml

RDM one isn't quite working...I used this: http://paste.windower.net/plugins/sp...silvenmyst_rdm as a template.

It swaps between my idle/resting gear when I rest and get up from resting, and it swaps gear out for Stoneskin and cancels stoneskin at the correct time, but for all other spells no gear is swapped, and for blink/utsusemi/sneak, they are also not cancelled. Can anybody help? D:
 Sylph.Mayeh
user: Mayeh
By Sylph.Mayeh 2010-06-15 15:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Line 244 Change Elementalmagic to ElementalMagic.
Line 204 to 209 You are locking your weapon if your TP is greater than 10 meaning you will not change your staff.

When you switch to RDM how many Rules, Variables and Sets are loaded?
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-15 15:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind, thanks for the help. Dude at BG just gave me some amazing XML templates to use for 3.20 so everything is working properly now.