Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-13 16:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Anyone who plays on PC and doesn't use Windower is a self-deluded scrub.

Anyone who uses windower is a mediocre(At best, retard at worst) player who relies on a third party crutch to make up for their inability to play, even at the most basic level of skill.

Exhibit A:Raelia

Aren't baseless insults fun, children?

While I'm not going to take sides, as Raelia is also wrong, but coming from a skilled mage-user who has played from 2004-2008 on PC using windower, and 2008-Current on 360, I'm going to say you're also wrong.

Windower is not for mediocre players, it just makes things that much easier. Sure, you can play just as well on 360 without the user of windower macros/scrips/utilities, but it makes stuff way easier. But Raelia is just ignorant to assume everybody plays on PC, and that everybody happens to use windower.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-13 16:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower makes good players better, etc etc.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-13 16:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Anyone who plays on PC and doesn't use Windower is a self-deluded scrub.

Anyone who uses windower is a mediocre(At best, retard at worst) player who relies on a third party crutch to make up for their inability to play, even at the most basic level of skill.

Exhibit A:Raelia

Aren't baseless insults fun, children?

While I'm not going to take sides, as Raelia is also wrong, but coming from a skilled mage-user who has played from 2004-2008 on PC using windower, and 2008-Current on 360, I'm going to say you're also wrong.

Windower is not for mediocre players, it just makes things that much easier. Sure, you can play just as well on 360 without the user of windower macros/scrips/utilities, but it makes stuff way easier. But Raelia is just ignorant to assume everybody plays on PC, and that everybody happens to use windower.
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Hence the "Baseless insults" since that insult has no base.

I don't use windower, but I acknowledge it's nearly necessary Feedback information and UI additions. (Party TP, extended macro and a HUD recast being the three stand-outs).

I'm not sure if it's a viable option, but a friend of mine sings praises of a Souleater/Last Resort recast 5/5 combo on Catagory one. Not something I would have considered, but the 10% attack gain for 30 seconds always did seem a little overrated to me.

I generally don't like to comment on stuff I haven't tried, but it does have me curious enough.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-13 16:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
What would you know quitter!?!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-13 16:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
What would you know 360'er that also quit!?!

That's better.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-13 16:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not usually one to point at a person's gear, but Raelia is not one to point and laugh at something as little as an Elvaan's DEX. They're Mithra, sure. But their ACC on lolGColibri is only 78.2% with full merits, abyssal earring, and their TP gear, without food. Hasso accounted for. Gothic Hands/Feet, really? Get some Dusk gloves/hands at least, use a Haub, your accuracy sucks. Most 75DRK with full merits/abyssal should be able to nearly cap out accuracy depending on race, on something as lol as GColibri.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-13 16:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Aces Helm/Toreador's Ring when Diabolic Eye is Down.

Turban/Blitz Ring when Diabolic Eye is Up.

No Askar head is not a viable DD choice.

Lazy Drks that dont put effort into Things drive me crazy.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Personally im 5/5 Last Resort Recast/Effect

5/5 Desperate Blows is just too sexy with Haste and 2x March when LR is in effect, and 5/5 Diabolic Eye.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-13 16:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't call people lazy for not having Ace's Helm / Toreador's Ring or a Blitz Ring. Two are pricey and Ace's Helm...a headache and a half.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-13 16:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Raelia prolly got scanned in Town Gear. Plastron may be gay, but damn does it look good.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-13 16:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Raelia prolly got scanned in Town Gear. Plastron may be gay, but damn does it look good.
( ^^)b

Minus points to Virtuosus for thinking I'd wear Gothic Hands/Feet for any serious application.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-13 16:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont have Aces just use Turban, can also do Sniper's/iota/ulthalum's Ring instead of T.Ring, all very good rings for melee, and Blitz ring isnt that expensive anymore.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-13 17:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
just use Turban
Fix'd.

If you're over 90% accuracy anyway, 1% haste is always better.

Ace's has very niche uses and is in only one situation the sole headpiece to be wearing for TP (16% Apoc build). Its just a trophy for any non-Apoc DRK.

But you don't need Diabolic Eye to trade +5/+7 accuracy for blitz ring. Any point over about 52% total haste you should do it anyway, but the gains are theoretical (that is a totally different discussion).

Much of this is centered around /SAM using Pizza though.

There is something to be said for all the new 528 delay scythes not needing Rajas Ring for hitbuilds, so sneaking in a Strigoi to pair with Blitz on DE wouldn't be too hard.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-13 17:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Your Goal as a DD should be to have 95% ACC, if you are saying 90% ACC is good enough, then you are gimp and need to re-evaluate how you DD.

That 5% ACC can go a long ways in a parse and mean the difference between you winning or losing.

Birds no you dont need Ace's helm can cap ACC without it, for Mamools HNM or anything that really matters and has Evasion thats worth a damn Ace's >>> Turban, theres no question. Haste isnt doing anything for you if your missing hits sitting on 90-85% ACC, especially if its even lower...
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-13 17:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
And lol @5/5 DE for Elvaans.
Its called poking fun. It gets every single one of them riled up, yourself inclusive it seems.

Well with the kinda of things that some people like to claim, the insults and incorrect information that some people give sometimes(whether they do know the correct answer and they are just "trolling" or not, people do read these things looking for honest answers sometimes)...you never really know how to take some things from people sometimes.

Diabolos.Raelia said:
I haven't gotten back to the store-tp guide in a long while. You may notice the last edit was a few months ago and that was to remove a more glaring error. Yes your 'can WS in less' annotation is valid, and no I don't use GS enough to have known such. Apathy != Ignorance.

Well here it seems that you're either trying to save face, or actually agreeing with me or at least giving me credit, clearly when you assert that my 'can WS in less' annotation is valid... without actually saying "I agree with you." That is fine either way, just as a friendly advice though, I think that you should still go back and fix those things...if anything, just because I'm sure people read those guides from time to time.

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Pairing sets for useful gains for DE on/off gets somewhere between rough and pointless if you're wearing Homam/Aurum already. Some of the few choices are Cuch/Amemet/Foragers and Bomblet/Core, and few are aware you can swap the latter without losing TP. Ace's/Turban could be a debatable switch, but I mentioned something about useful gains...

Situational gear is situational etc.

Lots of "gear upgrades" in this game come from very small increases stat-wise...it is the combination of various things like these, along with good reaction time that actually let's you see the improvements. It is not pointless unless all you fight is pink birds, like I said. There are different mobs with different levels/evasion etc. If you can't manage to work with various sets for Aggressor up and down or, in this case, Diabolic Eye up or down sets... fine, but don't dismiss it and call it pointless because it really is not, if you know how to do it. Yes you state that you mentioned "something about useful gains" but then if you do admit about the useful gains then why is it pointless IF you are trying to maximize your performance ?

Not to mention again, that if fighting HNMs or something very evasive, the whole +20acc will be very helpful as well...just depends on what you're fighting, your support, also some people may not have max Scythe and or GS merits because they have merits on other weapons, the situation etc.

Diabolos.Raelia said:
The crux is that very few players can find 20 accuracy to drop for higher damage pieces, and even then its marginal silliness like putting Plastron over Haub.

That just sounds like a poor excuse for what seemed at first like an argument of "loldiaboliceye5/5" from you.

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-13 17:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

5% more acc doesn't always beat out attacking faster.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-13 17:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep telling yourself that~
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-13 17:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
<5% more acc never beats attacking faster.
Which is why I specified the 50-60% break-point for haste greatly overcoming accuracy.
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
just because I'm sure people read those guides from time to time.
Then they need to find the other one, not by me, that says "If you have Scythe merits, put the damn Great Sword away. If you don't have Scythe merits, quit DRK and go back to playing whatever job you burned your weapon merits on".

GS is a niche of DRK pressed by too many people who haven't the slightest clue about the job, usually the same ones who advocate /NIN for all situations.

Also: OH MY GOD I AM SO SHAMED AND SAVING FACE WTF WILL I EVER DO WITHOUT GOOD NOTORIETY ON THE INTERNET!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-13 17:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

More hits landed in the same amount of time is better. And yes haste can do more for that then acc
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-13 17:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
If attack faster gets you more hits in in the same amount of time than more acc it is better.
He is somewhat right, but only if you deconstruct that 1% haste never gets you an extra hit in all but 'melee for ten minutes straight and never cast Absorb-TP or meditate' situations, but for all or most other haste sources this is true.

This is, again, DRK being the exception to a concept formed on lower delays.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-13 17:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Then they need to find the other one, not by me, that says "If you have Scythe merits, put the damn Great Sword away. If you don't have Scythe merits, quit DRK and go back to playing whatever job you burned your weapon merits on".

GS is a niche of DRK pressed by too many people who haven't the slightest clue about the job, usually the same ones who advocate /NIN for all situations.

Also: OH MY GOD I AM SO SHAMED AND SAVING FACE WTF WILL I EVER DO WITHOUT GOOD NOTORIETY ON THE INTERNET!

lol U mad?
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-13 17:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And after all this, your ls will still ask you to come Sam.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-13 17:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:

lol U mad?

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-13 17:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-13 17:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, it hasn't derailed. They're debating Acc vs Haste and such, which the JAs effect. (I believe, I never touched Drk)
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-13 17:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:

So Sad but True ;-;'... Makes me Emo D;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-13 17:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Makes you want to use souleater doesn't it?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-13 17:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Now that made me an emo Whm. >.<;
There was this guy that would ALWAYS use it. But, in fairness, he would say "Just let me die, I'm used to it."

It was still habit to heal yellow/red. >.>;
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-13 17:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

With bloodweapon 2hr and a Zerg weapon, yes. :D

At least we do have that <.<
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-13 17:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Actually, it hasn't derailed. They're debating Acc vs Haste and such, which the JAs effect. (I believe, I never touched Drk)
We jumped to Group 2s because Group 1s are so academic based on the former.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-13 17:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I still believe this will generally be the way to go:

Last resort recast 5/5, last resort effect 5/5 for group 1.

And

Desperate blows 5/5, and Diabolic Eye 5/5 for group 2.