Forum » FFXI » General » Random Mass Linkage in Castle Zvahl
Random Mass Linkage in Castle Zvahl
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-06-12 23:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone ever experience a crazy aggro/link of demons near the Dark Spark area? By crazy I mean, 30-40 random demons coming out of nowhere and raping you. I've seen it happen once before (3-4 years ago) to someone in the 50s while waiting to pop Dark Spark, just swarmed by like 30 demons. Just tonight a friend was there getting TP off a demon next to the torches and was all of a sudden swarmed by probably 30-40 demons and killed in about 10 seconds at 75.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-06-12 23:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Aggro/link from below>mass linkage as they run through the hallways over to you.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-13 00:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought they fixed that...? Mobs loose aggro after awhile, if they have to run very far without you being anywhere near it, they give up and depop.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-06-13 01:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I thought they fixed that...? Mobs loose aggro after awhile, if they have to run very far without you being anywhere near it, they give up and depop.

There are several mobs that will chase you until you die horribly.

Ghosts for one.

Opo-Opo fking never give up, you could kite for hours...

if i recall they only added the Depop thing.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-13 01:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

There are several mobs that will chase you until you die horribly.

Ghosts for one.

Opo-Opo fking never give up, you could kite for hours...

if i recall they only added the Depop thing.

It depends how that particular family tracks you iirc.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-06-13 01:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Scent mobs lose hate quicker if you run through water.

Sight mobs lose aggro if they don't touch you for ~30 seconds

Sound mobs... are satan.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-13 02:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Demons are pretty *** persistent. Try agroing a taur in uleguerand range on your climb and only sleeping it without logging out, 9 times out of 10 that's gonna end in disaster.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-13 02:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Demons are pretty *** persistent. Try agroing a taur in uleguerand range on your climb and only sleeping it without logging out, 9 times out of 10 that's gonna end in disaster.
I second this from first hand experience....
 Lakshmi.Eron
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eron
By Lakshmi.Eron 2010-06-13 02:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Before the de-aggro patch came into effect, I was a 74 blm ( first job mind you) and I was with a 75 rdm in Castle O. We were up above Mee Deggi's place and my friend dia'd a yag. It ran the other way. A little later we were down by the PLD af pool. I got up by the torch door and i saw 2 yags come run at me out of nowhere. I'm like....ooooooook. Next thing I know.....5 more do the same thing.....then 2 seconds later a FLOOD of yags pour into the room for about close to 30 seconds. I think we linked the entire lower floors of the castle .- .
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-13 02:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That was about 50x worse back in the days when mobs didn't depop either, and instead slowly walked back to their original position. I remember camping Mee Deggi on my old character and having someone run through the room followed by what seemed like about 100 yags, and then warp out, leaving them to slowly walk back through the room raping anyone unlucky/stupid enough to be caught in the wrong spot. Then of course, that person would drag them over to a different corner of the room before they died, making it even harder to avoid.