Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Timezone?
Timezone?
 Sylph.Feyen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2008-12-28 18:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How can we set the time zone at which FFXIAH.com reports times, such as when a post was made, or how long ago an item sold on the AH? Seems that it is always showing me CST, but I would like to see it in JST.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-28 18:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming time stamps are displayed based on your computer's current time zone setting?

Edit: Actually that wouldn't be right... I just looked at my stamp and it's in CST, and my computer is set to EST lol. /stumped
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2008-12-28 19:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The server is baced in CST time zone.

so everything that transpires on this server "web site" then thats "Stamped" with that time.

you can be in Pst, Est, mst, Jst. w/e The time on the server will Always be the one you see on stamps.

*example: my sky ls is baced in EST time, since thats what time zone the Server is in, and the stamps always say x:xx time. allways 3 hours ahead. being that im in pst.*
 Sylph.Feyen
Server: Sylph
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2008-12-29 01:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand that it saves time in CST, but generally most sites save all their timestamps under one timezone, and by simply adding/subtracting your time via the GMT-offset, show your local time.
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2008-12-29 01:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Yes some sites do give you the option to make your own time zone b corections for stamps. but ive not seen that option here