Best 6hit For Algol?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Best 6hit for Algol?
Best 6hit for Algol?
First Page 2 3
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-06-03 19:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming /sam, and most STP gear being attainable
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-03 19:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Will Nag still out DD an Algol tho? (assuming both are 6 hit?)
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-03 19:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you really lazy enough to make people work it out for you?

It's not exactly a common set I'd imagine seeing as lolalgol.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-03 19:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas, Brutal, Rose Strap and White Tathlum if you're /SAM.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-03 19:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Use a scythe...
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-03 19:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Use a scythe...

Not always.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2010-06-03 19:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Assuming /sam, and most STP gear being attainable

Can take off Tathlum for WS, insert any w/e gear.
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-06-03 19:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah im lazy <,< dont have naglering yet and just unsure of the best way to do it
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-04 08:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas/Brutal/RoseStrap/WhiteTat is the best way to 6-hit Algol Drk/sam.

You could also use Chiv chain and Echphoria ring instead of white tat but then your gimping your ACC even more...

I highly recommend trying to get a Naglering if you care about GS at all, the reason Nag shines is its an Easy 6-hit and you sacrifice pretty much nothing to get that 6-hit gearing it, You get 4 ACC from the GS, and get to keep using Fire bomblet aswell~

Keep in mind though if the situations rises and you have both GS, if your Drk/Nin both Naglering and Algol are stuck at a very easy 7-hit build. Algol then pulls ahead of nag because of the lower delay and 3% tripple attack~ You can keep the use of fire bomblet on both GS, Naglering you can use pole grip instead of Rose Strap, Algol youd have to use Rose strap to maintain your 7-hit but you still have that 3% tripple attack, so the loss of pole grip doesnt even matter.

Its just my personal preference if im Drk/sam I use Nagerling, if im Drk/Nin I use Algol.

Scythe and GS are also very situational, in a merit situation where your fully buffed Scythe will wipe the floor with GS. Once you start fighting harder things and get into HNM territory scythes WS dmg wont compare to GS at all. Spinning slash and Ground Strike are pre buffed WS making them stand out alot more for High Defense mobs, the 20 attk on Naglering especially is what makes it shine in the HNM territory.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-04 08:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cross Reaper can score 900-1100 on Faf/Nid with proper support (Chaos roll is more than sufficient). Greatsword manages with significantly less support, but at the cost of not being able to hit ***without sushi (Full Scythe merit, if you got full Grtswrd table turn).

It's more so a combination of support/Target/Merits than just TargetA = Greatsword, TargetB = Scythe.

I was hoping the new ws's would give Greatsword some power in Burn, but it seems Hurculean Slash is going to be another Spinning SLash or worse, another Freezebite.

If you REALLY REALLY REALLY Care about Greatsword. Do yourself a favor, find some dudes who low-man Krabkatoa for ring, and leech/buy Shells off them to complete a Salamand Sword. Spinning Slash's High-mod, fTP and pDIF bonus lend itself to amazing use of the OAT effect.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-04 09:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

With 8/8 GS merits and eating Pizza I have capped ACC on Dark Ixion which has way more evasion than faf/nid could hope to have~ Capping ACC on fafhogg even w/out food isnt even an issue, atleast not with Diabolic Eye up~

I full time TP on Ixion Drk/Sam full riding hasso as opposed to the normal find a TP mob and Drk/Thf SATA WS crap. I have reliable tanks that know how to hold hate, and having myself tanked ixion well over 100+ times know how to avoid his TP moves like its second nature~ My spinning Slashes will average from 800-1k+ dmg, ive well broken over 2.6k with groundstrike screwing around building TP to 300%.

Ive personally never tried Cross Reaper on Fafhogg either though, I always Guillotine >>> Gekko to open up Frag for the Black mages to magic burst when I do use scythe, and the Damage is always disapointing :(
[+]
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-04 09:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

As mentioned above, there really isn't an easy 6-hit with Algol unless you plan on getting Rose Strap/White Tathlum.

I would like to mention, though, that I hardly ever use great sword on /sam, unless I'm just dicking around and gonna STP 300% for an obliterating Ground Strike. Chance are, if you're going to be using Great Sword (which, again, isn't that much), you'll be subbing /thf or /nin, and they don't get the STP traits that sam does :P.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-04 15:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Drk should NEVER have to Sub /thf even when using a GS. The spike is cool and shiney and nice to see, but overall /thf sub in general is gimp. Drk/Sam yes your Spinning Slash Dmg will be weaker than if you were to force the crit with SA, but the fact that your hitting faster and dishing out more WS over time you produce way more overall dmg than /thf sub job could ever dream of.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-04 15:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Drk should NEVER have to Sub /thf even when using a GS. The spike is cool and shiney and nice to see, but overall /thf sub in general is gimp. Drk/Sam yes your Spinning Slash Dmg will be weaker than if you were to force the crit with SA, but the fact that your hitting faster and dishing out more WS over time you produce way more overall dmg than /thf sub job could ever dream of.

You mean never, apart from when you can't TP on a mob?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dreakon
Server: Bismarck
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-06-04 16:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Use a scythe...

This. Pizza has made Great Sword obsolete. 8/8 Scythe merits, decent gear and pizza will out perform Great Sword on everything. Only people that still use Great Swords are noob *** weaboos.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 16:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dreakon said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Use a scythe...

This. Pizza has made Great Sword obsolete. 8/8 Scythe merits, decent gear and pizza will out perform Great Sword on everything. Only people that still use Great Swords are noob *** weaboos.
You're an idiot. Spinning slash > scythe on anything w/ reputable defense.

Edit: Just looked at your item sets. Sorry, you can't call anyone a noob.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-04 16:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If your in a situation where you cant TP on a mob then you should be using Sams for you DD not Drks :)
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-04 16:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
If your in a situation where you cant TP on a mob then you should be using BLMs and SCHs for you DD not Drks :)
Fixed
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-04 17:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For alot of things yes you want an Army of Black Mages, but more so Samurai to open up SC so they can Magic Burst. Fafhogg, Serket, Lambtom Worm, King Arthro, guivre if your not setting up a magic burst then there is something wrong, and Sam being able to generate 100 TP without touching a mob is what gives it an advantage~
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 17:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
If your in a situation where you cant TP on a mob then you should be using Rng for you DD not Drks :)
Fixed
Fixed
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-04 17:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
For alot of things yes you want an Army of Black Mages, but more so Samurai to open up SC so they can Magic Burst. Fafhogg, Serket, Lambtom Worm, King Arthro, guivre if your not setting up a magic burst then there is something wrong, and Sam being able to generate 100 TP without touching a mob is what gives it an advantage~

ITT: HNM's are the only thing in FFXI.
By Yuffy 2010-06-04 17:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-04 17:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What is RNG used for other than Ixion? Besides Odin? Remind me? DRK SAM DRG WAR if you know how to TP on Pony and avoid its WS you WILL outparse Rangers by a considerable ammount. I did Ixion everyday for a year straight ive yet to see a RNG outparse my Drk/Sam. But Sadly most DD suck and get killed instantly because they have no clue how to read a mobs TP moves :(
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-04 17:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Nocturnus over E-body
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-04 17:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

ITF: Flion overuses the ITT meme

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-04 17:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Argettio said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

ITF: Flion overuses the ITT meme

ITT: Sergeant illuminate illuminates us all
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-04 17:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Very mature attacking my gear, you want to ***an E:body out for me? Odin hasnt been very nice to me :( Awsome non-Black Belt MNK you have there, Fuma too no Usu Feet wtf? Wheres your Rajas? Amemet mantle +1 no foragers or Cmantle? Must I really go on? Before you start mocking somebodies gear should really look at your own~ There is no reason to make personal attacks on people, Minus E:body and Vbelt my Drk is is practically done, Good Effort though.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 17:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

He got ya there. If you want to talk ***about gear, you leave yourself wide open if yours ain't up to date
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-04 17:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Very mature attacking my gear, you want to ***an E:body out for me? Odin hasnt been very nice to me :( Awsome non-Black Belt MNK you have there, Fuma too no Usu Feet wtf? Wheres your Rajas? Amemet mantle 1 no foragers or Cmantle? Must I really go on? Before you start mocking somebodies gear should really look at your own~ There is no reason to make personal attacks on people, Minus E:body and Vbelt my Drk is is practically done, Good Effort though.

I don't wear that gear, I'm an individual.

enjoy succumbing to conformity you piss-ant.
First Page 2 3