New Trials (of The Magians) Await Ambitious Adventurers! (05/27/2010)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » New Trials (of the Magians) Await Ambitious Adventurers! (05/27/2010)
New Trials (of the Magians) Await Ambitious Adventurers! (05/27/2010)
First Page 2
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-05-27 04:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you one of the many adventurers longing to further augment your equipment with marvelous moogle magic via Trial of the Magians? Then you'll be heartened to know that additions and refinements to the system are on the way!

New Weapon Trials
The impending version update will usher in new trials allowing adventurers to take weapons already augmented via prior Magian accomplishments and enhance them further. Needless to say, new trial sequences for relic and mythic weapons will be included among these.

Adventurers will also find new trial varieties available, such as those affording the opportunity to power up one's weapon skills.

These additions are only the tip of the iceberg, however, as future updates promise to unveil the most challenging and rewarding trials yet. It will take every onz of courage and persistence at your disposal to upgrade your weapon to the limit of its capabilities, but rest assured that the prize that awaits you will be worth every step of the journey.

The Miraculous Magian Spectacles
Another addition will be a new item, the "magian spectacles," which may be purchased from the Magian Moogle for a nominal fee. This handy tool will aid in your trials by summoning a Magian trial log to your side, allowing you to review your progress from dungeons or afield.

Trial Objectives Revisited
Certain trial objectives have been reevaluated and will see target quotas reduced among other adjustments. You need not fear if you've already embarked on a trial, for these changes will also be reflected in trials underway at the time of the update.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/5475/detail.html
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-27 04:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

go go no more 200+ flans or wamoras or flayers, for melee weapons i hope lol
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Server: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-05-27 04:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Certain trial objectives have been reevaluated and will see target quotas reduced among other adjustments. You need not fear if you've already embarked on a trial, for these changes will also be reflected in trials underway at the time of the update.

Thank you se!

I was hoping they'd do this more then anything else.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-27 04:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Huwhuddep said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Certain trial objectives have been reevaluated and will see target quotas reduced among other adjustments.

oh oh oh...and make it so sch storms work with the weather trials plz! lol
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-05-27 04:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

equip augments wru ? :o

Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-05-27 04:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
go go no more 200 flans or wamoras or flayers, for melee weapons i hope lol

that would be almost asking too much from SE. Im about 3 steps from doing 400 flans for my dakini's. Se hates me so they'll prolly raise it to 600.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-27 04:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Gil
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-27 05:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Phoenix.Huwhuddep said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Trial Objectives Revisited Certain trial objectives have been reevaluated and will see target quotas reduced among other adjustments.
oh oh oh...and make it so sch storms work with the weather trials plz! lol
Yeah cause that wouldn't just be totally unfair
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-27 05:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
go go no more 200 flans or wamoras or flayers, for melee weapons i hope lol
that would be almost asking too much from SE. Im about 3 steps from doing 400 flans for my dakini's. Se hates me so they'll prolly raise it to 600.
I still think Death penalty is the worst. 1500 Leaden salute killshots on Dragons lol
 Asura.Twotones
Server: Asura
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Twotones 2010-05-27 05:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought I might have seen or maybe I thought it up but wasent se suppose to let you augment your regular weapons like destroyers I mean come on you can do relics and new weapons but not these or elemental staffs. Can some1 let me know on this.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-27 05:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Twotones said:
I thought I might have seen or maybe I thought it up but wasent se suppose to let you augment your regular weapons like destroyers I mean come on you can do relics and new weapons but not these or elemental staffs. Can some1 let me know on this.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Developer_Q%26A:_Trial_of_the_Magians
 Sylph.Priy
Server: Sylph
user: jarredpoe
By Sylph.Priy 2010-05-27 07:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I was all excited about getting the cor gun with MGC ATT bonus +5 until I got to the 100 Buffalo, Now I have to get ppl to come kill them for me or take 20 mins a mob soloing them. I would be pretty happy if they nerfed that one.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-27 07:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Priy said:
I was all excited about getting the cor gun with MGC ATT bonus 5 until I got to the 100 Buffalo, Now I have to get ppl to come kill them for me or take 20 mins a mob soloing them. I would be pretty happy if they nerfed that one.
Why not get the max dmg? Or do you Leaden salute alot?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-27 07:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
I know the "Kill 200 flans on firesday" was pissing off the black mages. Everyone stole their camp for an hour, all these stupid thfs and drgs coming out in an alliance, etc.

Most BLM I ran into stopped on firesday anyway, since They'd rather afk than see one Ice spell in 8 get 10% less damage. A few joined and helped kill though. Black Mages so rarely get to magic burst anymore, Burst II'ing off light for Nigh 4,000 prolly was worth it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-27 08:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard they are adding Relic WSs to ToTM weapons.

/disappears from thread.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-27 08:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
I heard they are adding Relic WSs to ToTM weapons.

/disappears from thread.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-27 08:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I heard they are adding Relic WSs to ToTM weapons. /disappears from thread.

Honestly, lol. This is another assumption thread. No one knows what will happen.

I'm thinking about starting a 'What hat should my lv 99 DRK wear, in December?' thread. No one knows, that gear isn't here yet.. >.>
 Garuda.Galadriel
Server: Garuda
user: Galadriel
By Garuda.Galadriel 2010-05-27 08:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bet the final trial is to kill black triple stars another 40 times.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-27 08:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Galadriel said:

It'll be to go AFK for a month straight. (Which I have done before.)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-27 08:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Galadriel said:
Under a certain weather AND day AND moonphase facing a certain direction with a crit hit
 Garuda.Galadriel
Server: Garuda
user: Galadriel
By Garuda.Galadriel 2010-05-27 09:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny kojo because I swear I've done at least half of my magian weapons while sleeping, at work, or doing something else. I actually try to form the largest alliance possible with the least amount of people, like 3 parties for just 3 people in case someone afks and another person comes along. You really have to wonder how much entertainment value they thought these would have if you can do them in your sleep.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-27 09:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Galadriel said:
It's funny kojo because I swear I've done at least half of my magian weapons while sleeping, at work, or doing something else. I actually try to form the largest alliance possible with the least amount of people, like 3 parties for just 3 people in case someone afks and another person comes along. You really have to wonder how much entertainment value they thought these would have if you can do them in your sleep.

I started the sword the night ToTM was implemented.. I mean as soon as the servers went up. I'm still 2 kills in, first stage.. I raged bad.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-27 09:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Garuda.Galadriel said:
I started the sword the night ToTM was implemented.. I mean as soon as the servers went up. I'm still 2 kills in, first stage.. I raged bad.
Really? I started like a couple of days after when they actually had the path on wiki and I got all the NMs done that day inbetween salvage and einharjar
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-05-27 10:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping they finally make the HQ staves obsolete down the line...I'm not saying make something better, just consolidate the same MAB and MACC bonuses into 1 staff...and same for straps and belts...I wouldn't mind it if the trial involved using all your HQ staves (meaning you'd need to buy them all) in order to open up the trial for the uber-staff.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-05-27 11:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Was hoping to have salvage gear augmented as they are doing mythic and relic weapons. I am looking forward to the new trials on currently completed Magian Weapons. I do hope that the models change though. Those weapons are really plain/ugly.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-05-27 13:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose they're not doing armor trials this time around. Or probably not at all. <_<
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-27 13:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

After all the effort put into my curing staff and thunder dmg staff I'd be pissed if they let me augment my HQ staffs. Especially since I can't even seperately maccro these things
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-27 13:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
I'm hoping they finally make the HQ staves obsolete down the line...I'm not saying make something better, just consolidate the same MAB and MACC bonuses into 1 staff...and same for straps and belts...I wouldn't mind it if the trial involved using all your HQ staves (meaning you'd need to buy them all) in order to open up the trial for the uber-staff.

Should make it a Synergy thing. Elemental/Tetra Staff or something. Take all NQ staves and synergize them into an NQ Elemental staff, All HQ staves become an HQ Elemental staff.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-05-27 13:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Adventurers will also find new trial varieties available, such as those affording the opportunity to power up one's weapon skills.

/upgrades Tachi: Koki.
First Page 2