Koggelmander vs Soulsaber 4STR 12ATK
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-28 16:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy said:
Relic Hat with 7/8-8/8 Blue Magic Skill merits breaks into a the highest tier of spell damage. I probably should of stated that. In which case Relic Hat > Any STR/DEX helm as of now anyway.
Dasva already covered this. It's just 2 base damage and 5 attack, try not to soil your pants over it. Good, but not that good.
Quote:
I don't see how 7 ATT and conserve TP would out do a Triumph in Vorpal Blade.
Pretty easily, it's only a 30% STR mod.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-05-28 16:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want me to list my Full homam gear, relic body/head, Fort torque, perdu, beast slayer, suppi, etheral, brutal ect. ect. I can. Nothing wrong with my gearset for 71 at all, and that's my tp gear. I have a full swap out for ws and a separate swap out for casting hysteric/fren in. You're allowed to nitpick at my ranged item tho, I have a Tsting but the shell was leftover from my Magic fruit macro and didn't get swapped out.

I'm an endgame player with multiple 75's if you're point was to just argue that i'm not 75 blu, ur right i'm not, but I research and have played with every single job in the game, sorry that you are ignorant and disagree with me, while that is your right don't try to pull some lame *** out you're *** to discredit me especially as you're blu is level 1 and I don't see why you're even in this thread.

These forums are riddled with trolls. After seeing everyone ignore you and typing this up I realize that you're a troll and why they ignored you, but I already typed this so *** it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-05-28 16:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Rorrick said:
As for Draylo, I checked his page but he doesn't have any item sets to mock and his last gear was a resting set, which on its own makes sense. Except for having an Ariesian Grip in his Wanted list and not in his inventory.

Why a BLU should ever have to sit down to get MP though, is beyond me.

lol you fool.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-28 17:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said:
I have 0 Blue Magic Merits, and it will stay that way until SE raises the cap like they said they would years ago.
Me too. And I feel bad about it... but no way I'm demeriting elemental and enfeebling
 Fairy.Rorrick
Server: Fairy
user: Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-05-28 17:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Junk

I could go through and tell you all the things that should be other things but I won't because I myself am guilty of haphazardly equipping myself at times while EXPing (though not lacking obvious things like PCA or Brown/Black belt).

However, you can't say that your opinion matters even though you're not 75, because you've done your "research", and then turn around and tell me I'm a troll because my BLU is level one. Ignoring the obvious flaws with that logic like having a second character, it clearly never occurred to you that I as well might have done a little reading before posting.

You were correct with the first post you made; that everything is situational, and both are worth getting.

As for Draylo, until you come back and give me a good reason for even carrying a resting set around, wasting space that should be occupied by better equipment, let alone actually having to rest (outside of dying and/or AFK-healing until weakness wears off, which doesn't necessitate an hMP set) in the middle of combat, I don't see a reason to continue the conversation.

Just because this place isn't BG doesn't mean you're free to spew nonsense uncontested. They ridicule you for a reason. If you really need to feel smart I suggest you create an account on Killing Ifrit.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-05-28 17:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Again you are a fool. They ridicule because they like trolling and they think talking down on BLU makes me upset, which it only makes me laugh. There are like 4 people who even do it on BG, you must think you are cool for dropping that here. You must also be a complete idiot to assume I only use a resting set on BLU when, as you said, you have checked my page and must have seen the other jobs. There are plenty of times a BLU uses a resting set, ever heard of soloing you idiot? Cannonballing when TPing is not viable, using BLU nukes to solo something etc. There are plenty of situations where a BLU is going to rest MP.

Spewing ***? I have not even engaged in this thread at all except for a few comments. I have almost every set you could imagine for a BLU, HMP, -pdt, magic nukes, magic accuracy, haste, tp, ws, Breath set and others. My BLU is my main job and my favorite in the series.

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-05-28 17:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Rorrick said:
HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE nonsense just for the sole purpose of arguing and making myself seem intelligent, which it really doesn't, it just makes me look worse.

It's hypocritical of you to say anything about my 71 blu when yours is 1 was my point. I have played every job on my own or another character. Likewise while you could have done the same, I have/could have too and you were the one to bring it up first which makes you the hypocrite, I was merely pointing out the flaws in your logic.

The only thing you can say about my gear is PCC(which is on another character, god forgive me for not buying 2, this character has almost all sea torques) and Hands/legs, Prince's slops and Finese gloves were not in AH. You will not catch me on anything.

As for draylo's hmp set idk why he personally carries his around, but there's situations where I might drop back and start healing in an event, or where i'm weakened and want a full rest. Space for other gear is NOT a valid argument with satchel. Even though I have full cannonball, hp, dex, str, tp, ws ect. sets of gear, I can fit them all in 140 spaces. There's really no way you can attack him for going an extra mile with an hmp set. I've got a few pieces from my mage jobs, but I rarely ever use them and never in exp pts. No one will call you gimp for not having one, but there's no excuse to call him gimp for having one.

[+]
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-05-28 18:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Koggel/Soulsaber for Imp smashing, surely?

For everything else, there's Perdu.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-29 00:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Sedres said:
Koggel/Soulsaber for Imp smashing, surely?

For everything else, there's Perdu.
For imps you want to make sure you cap out your accuracy for head butt, I'm not a maths geek so I just use perdu or erlking's. (Not that I've exp'd on imps in like, forever) Plus, I still have a demon slayer somewhere for just that occasion, stats don't compare too well to a lot of other options, but they're still actually quite decent, and intimidating the imp every now and then is just plain nice.

As for hmp sets, I have this in my inventory 24/7, regardless of what job I'm on. (Minus BQR, that's an old HP adjust)

edit: + aresian grip, FFXIAH item sets are all pretty old.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-05-29 01:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I never get why people make threads debating which is better between 2 things, like they wanna know what others think, but they just troll anyone that disagrees with them. They make these threads just for attention and to state their opinions as facts. Guess what Brain, your opinion matters to me as much as having a parachute on a submarine. If you wanna use Soulsaber, good for you, if not it's all the same. We don't care.

Normally I wouldn't waste my time posting in a thread like this, but when i read the title i was intrigued and wanted to hear people's thoughts on the subject and to see the OP dismiss anybody that doesn't agree with his assessment disgusted me in such a way that I felt I had to post.
[+]
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-05-29 04:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Who the *** are you? Ah, someone who can't read.

I already stated the purpose was supposed to be asking for input, but while posing, I did the math, which you can see is the first few posts, and the thread was to be more informative.

I wasn't the one condescending to others, that started with the other guy. I was addressing others statements.

But just ignore that fact you illiterate ***.

Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-05-29 07:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The toad not back to argue why a BLU wouldn't carry a HMP set?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-29 10:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said:

I wasn't the one condescending to others...

Ah huh, sure... You're right about most of your math and blu knowledge, but you're a *** douche. Grow up and learn to have a discussion without insulting everyone that disagrees with you.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-05-29 11:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread sucks!

To run it back, Brain, and all other BLU should come to their own conclusions about sword choice. Lead yourself around, rather than following someone elses predestined path (Which is ok to do as BLU, we don't have to use Hagun for everything.)

Actually it's ironic that Brain is good with math, but had to ask others which sword choice is good before Antea, even if it is for "input". Hmmm.

Lol, out.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-05-29 13:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My goal: (+38 HMP)

This is my current set: (+33 HMP)

Hey, I can dream. Seriously though, aside from the rings and HQ body, this is the set I'm aiming for. Just need the grip, yigit legs, and gnole torque at this point, so it's not too tough to hit.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-29 14:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU can't wear that club.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-05-29 14:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
BLU can't wear that club.

Blah. I'm confusing it with my BLMs then. And that's sort of stupid considering BLU does have a somewhat okay club skill. :x I'll edit it up.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-05-29 15:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Remora.Brain said:

I wasn't the one condescending to others...

Ah huh, sure... You're right about most of your math and blu knowledge, but you're a *** douche. Grow up and learn to have a discussion without insulting everyone that disagrees with you.

I was being fairly polite until the other douche took a little stab at me.

I am also in touch with my inner douche, so I don't really care if anyone has a problem with me. I just don't like dumb *** spreading blatant misinformation. You know, like a piddly 4STR/DEX being better than such a huge boost to DoT and TP/WS output on ***you're /NIN to.

Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-05-29 17:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is the toad to argue why a BLU shouldn't use a HMp set, still waiting.
[+]
 Seraph.Iria
Server: Seraph
user: Iria
By Seraph.Iria 2010-06-25 00:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

To end this debate:

Soulsaber STR+4 Atk+12 -> upgrade x2 -> Shamshir

Shamshir:
DMG:48 Delay:230
STR+6 Attack+16
Lv80 RDM PLD BLU

Edit: and to the post above:

80BLU/40RDM gets Convert + Battery Charge, screw resting nowadays.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2010-06-25 18:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody run the math on the OAT Antea +DMG for offhand vs the OA 2-3 times medium dmg sword? I know that heavily relies on your vorp. gear set, and the proc rate (is it known yet?)
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-25 19:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The offhand DoT is lower with the 2-3 than the OAT. TP gain is faster obviously though. They're pretty close in the advent of the awesomeness that is Sanguine Blade though.

Because SE is a group of raving *** though, because I put in effort to get the OAT Antea since it was the best, I'm punished by being unable to get an OAThrice one. Thanks a lot ***.

At least I'll get an Almace though. Looks sweet and has a strong DPS.
By darkchildv86 2010-06-25 21:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Argettio said:
BLU without MP does less damage and a PLD.

If some one could tell me the typical Spell:TP:WS split for a BLU with 'enough' MP then I could work out which is better.

But even without putting numbers to it, I am pretty sure Koggle wins.

umm lol... end of thread. blue WS lets say vorpal blade when you factor in gearing and setting spells to mod your vorpal i can do on average 6 to 700 dmg and with a good haste set i get alotta tp man.