Drk Zerg - Did I Miss Something?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Drk Zerg - Did i miss something?
Drk Zerg - Did i miss something?
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-05-26 11:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok long story short. I have been thinking about rebuilding my long lost Drk zerg build. I already know what gear I need. And have posted sets with everything I currently have.

Current - w/o weapon of course
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=72787

What im building towards
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=158624

My concern is this. (And maybe this is just my server but...) The past few weeks on Unicorn is seems like everyone is unloading their Merc Kris's. What gives? Maybe its just a lucky month for drops? But 16 have been sold on AH this month compaired to the average 8-10 and I have seen at least 6 others for sale in Jeuno Bazarr. The price has dropped over 1m in less than 30 days.

TL;DR - Is there something better than Merc Kris (other than Kclub which i already know is better but is currently out of my price range) otw for Drk Zerg that I missed?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-26 11:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Idevlboy said:
Current - w/o weapon of course

What im building towards
Fixed for people who don't feel like clicking the links.

And as far as Merc Kris being sold, it's been outclassed on THF and that's likely why there's an influx of people selling.

But keep in mind that since 16 have been sold this month, that also means people are wanting to buy them more now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-26 11:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably panic sales in anticipation of something better coming out post-update. That said we don't actually know if that will happen; OClub will match KClub for a while though due to 80 cap.
[+]
 Seraph.Ryden
Server: Seraph
user: Ryden
By Seraph.Ryden 2010-05-26 11:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe? Octave Club lol Cap going to 80 blahblah free k-club blahblah
[+]
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-05-26 11:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Fixed for people who don't feel like clicking the links. And as far as Merc Kris being sold, it's been outclassed on THF and that's likely why there's an influx of people selling. But keep in mind that since 16 have been sold this month, that also means people are wanting to buy them more now.

Thanks! Dont post much and was both to dumb/lazy to figure out how to post the itemsets! I see how to do it now tho!
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-05-26 11:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ryden said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
It's probably panic sales in anticipation of something better coming out post-update. That said we don't actually know if that will happen; OClub will match KClub for a while though due to 80 cap.

Good points but isnt that really only going to be a VERY temporary solution if you already have the club or can get one quickly. If i remember right the progression of the updates comes pretty quickly and if the first increase even hits 80 it wont stay that way for more than a few months?

Is the first increase for sure going to 80?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-26 11:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Idevlboy said:
Seraph.Ryden said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Good points but isnt that really only going to be a VERY temporary solution if you already have the club or can get one quickly. If i remember right the progression of the updates comes pretty quickly and if the first increase even hits 80 it wont stay that way for more than a few months?

On top of the fact that people will have a free Kclub to tide them over until future updates, there's also a good chance that the level increase will add new weapons, and therefore a good chance there will be a new multihit weapon added that isn't LV50 like Merc Kris.

As for potential upgrades to your zerg set, you can actually get a Fettle Belt from one of the Add-ons, it has +20 HP to begin with and can get a Haste+5% augment so that would get you to 25% with an extra HP buff.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-26 11:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

IIRC it was 80, 90, 99
 Unicorn.Sedres
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-05-26 12:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also non-DRK's selling them in place of the Magian OAT daggers and 3-4mil profit.

Also, might want to drop Januwiyah +1 for Wyvern Targe, if you're planning to /drg with that earring.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-26 12:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Sedres said:
There's also non-DRK's selling them in place of the Magian OAT weapons of all types and 3-4mil profit.

COR (too lazy to get a joyeuse), NIN, THF, RNG (fake KC RNG) all used to have some (minor) use for a m.kris.

As for your zerg set up, it looks pretty sound. Technically Dusk feet are better than Aurum (until homam), but that's pretty minor.

Edit:

Just a thought, some DRKs maybe selling their m.kris and using an OAT scythe for zergs. It wouldn't do as much damage, but is 'free'. Which may also explain the extra on the AH
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-05-26 12:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Sedres said:
Also, might want to drop Januwiyah 1 for Wyvern Targe, if you're planning to /drg with that earring.

Thanks! I always forget about that low level stuff with subjob requirements.

As a rule of thumb haste always wins over HP+ pre haste cap correct? So if i can get the homam and Vbelt/Speed belt then i could safely drop the wyvern targe and blitz ring for Bloodbead Ring and Jan +1? The 2% from these items will give more bang for the buck than the 70hp i would assume.
Valefor.Argettio said:
As for your zerg set up, it looks pretty sound. Technically Dusk feet are better than Aurum (until homam), but that's pretty minor.

Thank you! Ill have to look into picking up a pair for the time being. I just started running limbus again so its going to be awhile before im in line for the hands or the feet. But ill hopefully have them sooner or later. lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-05-26 12:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's not really what your asking about but some other options. Depending on what your situation is with accuracy, and if you have enough zerg buffs to cap, you can drop the 6 from your current ammo:

Happy Egg - 1% hp depending on your hp, this should give around 17-19 hp. If you happen to have it from the event in storage, it's free.

Verthandi's Gem +30 hp

For the neck:

Cougar Pendant +30 hp 5 more than you've got and sans the 3 enmity.
Bloodbead Gorget - 60 hp a bit harder to get but it's the best.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-05-26 12:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Once cap hits 99.

If there is no substantial gear from 96>99 (Like atm 72-75 has homam) Then the price of kclub will drop imo. Because anyone with drk for zerg only will stop @96 and rock an oclub.
I just got 73, almopst done my drk and it lvl'd ONLY for my oclub lol.
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-05-26 12:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Happy Egg - 1% hp depending on your hp, this should give around 17-19 hp. If you happen to have it from the event in storage, it's free.

I do have the egg! Im also looking at getting http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18165 for daytime when acc is capped but from what i remember from zerging with kclub a long time ago it was almost never capped.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-26 13:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ACC should actually almost always be capped in a zerg. You should most likely have a THF there for Feint. I mean they're there for TH anyway, they should have Feint too.
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-05-26 13:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
Once cap hits 99.

If there is no substantial gear from 96>99 (Like atm 72-75 has homam) Then the price of kclub will drop imo. Because anyone with drk for zerg only will stop @96 and rock an oclub.
I just got 73, almopst done my drk and it lvl'd ONLY for my oclub lol.

Well i thought about doing this but honestly i like Drk to much to leave it on the shelf 99% of the time and only break it out for zerging. I had a kclub a long time ago and it was rediculously awesome to zerg with but that is only a small part of the job.

Honestly unless you are in an HNM enviroment 100% of the time zerging doesnt happen all to often. I mean currently there are how many things that can be truely successfully zerged? Kirin/BV2/KV/Dyna lord/Dyna dreamlands bosses/limbus floor bosses (just for the fun of it before a 2hr reset but totaly not necessary to win)/campaign (just to see how much dmg you can put out before you die!)

Im sure there are more but they are surely few and far between.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-05-26 13:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
ACC should actually almost always be capped in a zerg. You should most likely have a THF there for Feint. I mean they're there for TH anyway, they should have Feint too.

This also depends. Most situations where you are zerging you woul dhave some brds doing a rotation. So madrigals help alot.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-05-26 13:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

That's saying the first cap is indeed lv80 too, I do believe there has been no confirmation of what number the 3 level cap increases will be.

80, 90, 99 or 24/8 for the 3 updates being 83, 91, 99
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-05-26 13:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodbead Gorget

Nice new piece, if you can get it ^^
 Unicorn.Sedres
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-05-26 14:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Sedres said:
There's also non-DRK's selling them in place of the Magian OAT daggers and 3-4mil profit.

Also, might want to drop Januwiyah 1 for Wyvern Targe, if you're planning to /drg with that earring.

I never said MKris was a good idea. Doesn't stop people using it.

In responce to the haste>hp thing, yeah, very hard (if not impossible?) to hit the haste cap with a single handed weapon.