MAB For Drain?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » MAB for Drain?
MAB for Drain?
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-05-12 11:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb, noob, question.. Does Magic Attack Bonus effect Drain and Drain II? Should I macro in Abyss Cuirass for Drains? Or just stick to Demon Harness?
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-05-12 11:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB does nothing for Drain/Aspir. Get Diabolos pole/Lamprey Lord earring (name eludes me at the moment) if you want to increase the amount done.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-12 11:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Use skill and haste in general. And elemental staff or diablos pole in dark weather. And anythign that specifically says enhances. Like the Assualt vampire set or LL earring
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-12 11:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

To my knowledge Diabolos's Pole adds no MACC, which would mean Pluto's Staff is generally better (in addition to working everywhere). Other than that, what Oddin said.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-05-12 11:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

And macc Id use too if you have it from other jobs, only 66 drk myself but I was using morion earring+1 dark earring balrahns at 55 sync parties for dark magic, then at 75 id of used torque and omega ring too. No blinks either with these pieces.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-12 11:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
To my knowledge Diabolos's Pole adds no MACC, which would mean Pluto's Staff is generally better (in addition to working everywhere). Other than that, what Oddin said.
It doesn't. Which is why in namis my aspirs tended to be about the sameish on average but with diabolo's even more spread out than normal lol
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-05-12 11:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

k thanks :)
 Leviathan.Abriel
Server: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-12 16:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

there's also Y's scythe, but it's roughly equivalent to a NQ dark staff. the only thing that'll effect drain/aspir aside from skill/macc gear and items with elemental staff-like properties is gear that directly enhances the drain/aspir effect to my knowledge.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-12 17:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Read this. It's some testing I did a while back. Only a sample size of 5 per instance but it proves almost without a doubt that neither INT nor MAB have any effect on Drain or Aspir, and also that Ebullience does have an effect.