calling all 75 drgs
First Page 2 3
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-12 04:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hit 60 drg today, and I'm wondering how I can really max out the usage of my AF helm. So, I have 2 questions...

1) What is the best way to macro in the helm so that I get that 50% healing breath? Do I macro it in before, or just after, I cast any magic? (Since I'll more than likely be soloing with Epin on)

2) (Now this is a level 75 question, which I'm just asking for future reference lol) Is there any way I can macro in the AF helm, to trigger healing breath at 50% and quickly change to AF2 helm so its a healing breath 4? Like trigger both effects from both Armets? Or do I have to stick with the 33% hp buffer to get the usage out of AF2 helm only? (since the massive boost to healing breath from AF2 is far better than just a higher hp tier trigger of AF1)

Thanks much people. The ffxiah community has always been helpful with any questions I've had :).
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Server: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-05-12 04:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

1)
/equip head "Drachen Armet"
/ma "Foot Kick" <t>
/wait 2
/equip head "Whatever goes here"

2)
/ma "Foot Kick" <t>
/wait 2
/equip head "Wyrm Armet"
/wait 2
/equip head "Walahra Turban"

Works superduper for me.
 Tuv
By Tuv 2010-05-12 04:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I use

/equip legs "drachen brais"
/equip neck "chanoix's gorget"
/equip head "drachen armet"
/ma "power attack" <t>
/wait 1sec
/equip head "wyrm armet"

that gets HB at 50% and then the added HP from the AF2 helm.

For you though, You just need

/equip legs "drachen brais"
/equip head "drachen armet"
/ma "spell"

hope this helps :)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-12 04:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

sweetness, thanks for the quick reference guide to multi tasking the armets lol...also lolmezraq avatar is f-in hilarious lol...so is /blu better to solo on at 60 than /rdm? (i have both just curious as to which is easier to solo colibri at 60 on)
 Tuv
By Tuv 2010-05-12 05:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I did /rdm at 62 and tried colibris and got raped. Leveled blu, used /blu at 62 and it was incredibley easy. Id strongly recommend /blu
By semimmortal 2010-05-12 05:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

AF head before casting the spell, so it'd be like:
Quote:
/ma "Foot kick" <stnpc>

Once you have access to Wyrm/Saurian, it might depend on the casting time of you spell, sooo:
Quote:
/ma "Foot kick" <stnpc>
/wait 2
/equip head "Wyrm Armet"
But if I were you, I'd separate the HB equip macro to set in all the Wyvern HP+ items. The Drachen Brais has an issue of being slow with HP calculations (takes a sec to show the additional HP added).

Check this site for more info: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Healing_Breath

Ninja edit: realized I'm slow, but the link is nice to visit
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-05-12 05:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

you can also try get lots of HP+ equipment for yourself. So you can change to that to make your 50% HB trigger alot higher. Example, say you have 1000HP just now, your HP trigger is at 500. If you get a tonne of HP+ equipment to take you upto mabye 1300? that will boost your HB trigger level to 650, then you can use your HB trigger macro. saves you going into lower HP than needed. hopefully that made sense :D
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-12 05:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Drop AF helmet.

2. Change job to samurai

3. ????

4. Profit

:D
[+]
By semimmortal 2010-05-12 05:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SAMs are boring :(
Plus seeing 500+ HP cured for 5MP is sexy!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-12 05:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh I'll invite DRG's as well as any other DD.

I'm not prejudice, but most of the time you're not going to play DRG unless its your only DD or your soloing.

(Non bird)
By semimmortal 2010-05-12 05:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

As well as Angon *** ><
Though the Magian weapons with the DEF- is screwing with it...
Hope SE can fix it (or maybe they did, stopped playing for a while due to some project).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-12 05:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

People underestimate DRGs a lot - it's a mighty DD!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-12 06:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
People underestimate DRGs a lot - it's a mighty DD!

Be that as it may, Everyone in FF is in a LOLSAMONLYDD phase.

One person in my shell thinks its humerus when someone mentions mnk to say "What's mnk" every single time.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-12 06:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, people in FF are very dumb - main reason I quit :( I didn't work hard to get all of this shiny gear and get good at my jobs just so you can endlessly use STR ring 7hit SAMs etc.

And of course if I end up outdamaging these perfect DD jobs I was cheating or the parse was wrong (despite the fact it favours SAM a lot more being singlehit WSs vs my multihits)... etc.
By semimmortal 2010-05-12 06:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, SAMs are easier to gear AH wise compared to other jobs.
Take a look at DRGs for example... You'd need to spend some time at End Game to get some decent sets.

At least, that's the way I'd think about it if I'd choose to invite a SAM over any other DDs (though I really hate making pts >_>)
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-05-12 06:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I use /blm on my taru whose only lvl 50 and ice spikes definetly works wonders. But i much prefere /blu :D
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-12 06:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Take a look at DRGs for example... You'd need to spend some time at End Game to get some decent sets.

At least, that's the way I'd think about it if I'd choose to invite a SAM over any other DDs (though I really hate making pts >_>)

Indeed, Dragoons are probably the worst geared pick up DDs in the game. Most are 75 with Dreizack and SH+AF and think they'll do just fine.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-12 06:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Yeah, people in FF are very dumb - main reason I quit :( I didn't work hard to get all of this shiny gear and get good at my jobs just so you can endlessly use STR ring 7hit SAMs etc.

And of course if I end up outdamaging these perfect DD jobs I was cheating or the parse was wrong (despite the fact it favours SAM a lot more being singlehit WSs vs my multihits)... etc.

youre just too good man
 Phoenix.Miraun
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-05-12 06:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Indeed, Dragoons are probably the worst geared pick up DDs in the game. Most are 75 with Dreizack and SH AF and think they'll do just fine.

I completely agree. Whenever I play my DRG, I have a variety of gear that I use: Hecatomb from Sky, Love Torque from Sea, Rajas from missions, Brutal & Homam from Limbus, V.Fork from Einherjar, Aurum from ZNMs, and Ares from Salvage...

While slightly baseless and anecdotal, I'd say that DRGs gain more from gearing up relative to SAMs. So while SAMs have a higher starting point, they cap out lower than DRGs. (I'd attribute this mainly to weapon rank)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-12 06:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
semimmortal said:

Indeed, Dragoons are probably the worst geared pick up DDs in the game. Most are 75 with Dreizack and SH AF and think they'll do just fine.

Oh easily.

Like I said they have the luxury of getting invites from most people regardless of gear.

I often see mnk, drg, drk, war and sometimes even dnc out damage pick up sams.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-12 06:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

youre just too good man

Not hard to beat 7 hit STR ring idiots :(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-12 06:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

youre just too good man

Not hard to beat 7 hit STR ring idiots :(

I guess when you simplify the game that far and forget about the people behind those HORRIBLY GEARED WASTES OF EXISTENCE it is a pretty bad game and everyone should quit
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-12 06:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

wat

The majority of SAMs are a waste of space and do not justify their immense hype - hype which stops people playing almost any other DD job from being able to play freely!

A 7hit STR ring SAM (which so many are) is going to contribute a very mediocre amount of damage, all of the while stopping good DDs from playing (in fairness, perception of the community rather than the specific SAM's fault - though a lot of people do level SAM because it's seen as strong).

inb4 elitist: no, getting a 6hit and learning to use proper gear is incredibly easy. It's not as if I'm demanding you have Dusk +1 etc before you play SAM... just extreme basics which every serious DD should work towards.
 Phoenix.Miraun
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-05-12 06:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to do something, do it right. Especially when you have 5 people depending on you to not be terrible.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-12 06:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
wat

The majority of SAMs are a waste of space and do not justify their immense hype - hype which stops people playing almost any other DD job from being able to play freely!

A 7hit STR ring SAM (which so many are) is going to contribute a very mediocre amount of damage, all of the while stopping good DDs from playing (in fairness, perception of the community rather than the specific SAM's fault - though a lot of people do level SAM because it's seen as strong).

inb4 elitist: no, getting a 6hit and learning to use proper gear is incredibly easy. It's not as if I'm demanding you have Dusk 1 etc before you play SAM... just extreme basics which every serious DD should work towards.

Couldn't agree more. There's a difference between not letting a DD without Dusk +1 in, and telling them to get basic gear which allows them to play their jobs correctly.

It's like a mnk going for full str, that mnk would be ripped apart.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-05-12 06:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how this thread started as "how can i put full potential into my HB?" to.. "lolDDs have ***gear"

Atleast the OP got his question answered first :D
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-12 06:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Standard FFXIAH thread cycle really:

1. Question asked
2. Question answered
=> commence derail

EDIT: and since it was implied that I should have consideration for people playing badly geared characters etc, just gonna say it:

If you treat your jobs with extreme laziness and don't bother to even work on fundamental basics, expect me to treat you with similar apathy when it comes to inviting you for anything.

Does this make me an ***? Maybe. I'd rather invite a DD on a job which isn't SAM who tries their best than just inviting a lazy SAM just because they are a SAM, for instance.
 Shiva.Eggbert
user: eggbert
By Shiva.Eggbert 2010-05-12 06:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have invited sams to merit partys who consistantly do 400 dmg with 300% weapon skills. I am not elitist but there is something seriously wrong with you if you think that you are playing your job well doing that. Also I see way too many people (mostly sams) who think its a good idea to full time Kirin's Osode.
[+]
First Page 2 3