February 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2017-02-10 15:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My group just did Albumen, had RDM Frazzle III, BRD threnody, and idris languor/malaise...

Death barely broke 10k most of the time.

gg
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-02-10 15:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
I think the biggest issue with Addle/Frazzle3 is that some mobs are very resistant or completely resistant based on their family or elemental alignment which makes relying on them, at least in those instances, questionable.

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Has anyone done any high-tier NMs like Kirin/WoC/T4s? Just tried to 6man Kirin and our macc was completely floored. On Kirin's first form, the first nuke was fine, but everything else dealt under 1k damage. As for Kouryu, everything was completely floored with an Idris Indi-Focus/Geo-Languor. I hope this wasn't intentional :x

So basically, if you can't Frazzle 3 + Threnody, don't nuke it? could be.

True, I wish they made Stymie at least as good as Elemental Seal. But even better would be to make it like NiTro where it basically can't be resisted.
Stymie is a weird sidegrade. It can do something that those others can't... but doesn't really give the massive macc those do if any at all so sure you land but still going to be a partial resist
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-02-10 15:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How much do you want to bet there'll be an emergency maintenance because they accidentally Focus/Lang/Vex/Attune weaker than intended?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2017-02-10 15:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My group just tried Albumen. We had bolstered focus/malaise, sabo+frazzle3, dark threnody, gambit and rayke. death was doing garbage dmg, only few went unresisted. Stun was landing easily though.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-02-10 15:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone checked to see if you can get another NQ Adoulin ring after upgrading one to +1?
By geigei 2017-02-10 15:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Albumen broken, 4 digits deaths and fire. Got a 94k somehow tho.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-10 15:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Albumen isn't so much of an issue unless we can't avoid his debuffs and melee him to death anymore either. If the Eva nerf reports are accurate, he might even be easier than he was.

Will Zerde and Vinipata be the new Aeonic roadblock?
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-02-10 15:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Vinipata can be zerged w/ Melees and stun lock. Holy ***RIP Zerde though. Hopefully Bolster INT/Focus/Languor/Etudes are enough to make you have enough M. Acc.

Albumen will also likely be harder since vex/attune are nerfed. The most viable method will probably be RNG
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2017-02-10 15:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Vinipata can be meleed, just stunlock him.
By Calinar 2017-02-10 16:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is exactly what i was talking about last week...

Now it'll be summoner all the things.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-02-10 16:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerde likely just became the toughest part of an Aeonic. From zero to hero, holy ***.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2017-02-10 16:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Has anyone checked to see if you can get another NQ Adoulin ring after upgrading one to +1?

Walked right back over, the npc at the gate gives the same message about choosing one of the rings, but no menu pops up - same as before I +1'd my ring and would still have NQ in inventory.
 Asura.Xijaah
Server: Asura
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-02-10 16:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

SE be like: ret'su givu themu NG+.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-10 16:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly sure Stun has a native accuracy bonus to it (I'm often stunned by random level 75 era crap.) dINT could maybe explain resist rates as the recent observations on just ilvl worms indicate that we might be hugely outmatched in regards to attributes on Helm stuff (huzzah Impact set?)
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-02-10 16:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubtful
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-02-10 16:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I'm fairly sure Stun has a native accuracy bonus to it (I'm often stunned by random level 75 era crap.) dINT could maybe explain resist rates as the recent observations on just ilvl worms indicate that we might be hugely outmatched in regards to attributes on Helm stuff (huzzah Impact set?)
I believe Death formula does not factor D-Int though.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-10 16:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xijaah said: »
I believe Death formula does not factor D-Int though.

There's no data to support this though (for magic accuracy.)
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-02-10 16:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »

Walked right back over, the npc at the gate gives the same message about choosing one of the rings, but no menu pops up - same as before I +1'd my ring and would still have NQ in inventory.
If you trade her your +1 ring, does she offer to exchange it for another +1 ring, an NQ ring, or nothing?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-02-10 16:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you trade her your +1 ring, does she offer to exchange it for another +1 ring, an NQ ring, or nothing?
No like he said. The system acts as if you already have a NQ ring causing you not being able to pick another one.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-10 16:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
How much do you want to bet there'll be an emergency maintenance because they accidentally Focus/Lang/Vex/Attune weaker than intended?
I'm wondering if the mob nerfs were a flat reduction (or very weakly scaled) instead of scaled according to clevel/how we actually use bubbles at different clevels.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-10 16:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

No like he said. The system acts as if you already have a NQ ring causing you not being able to pick another one.
How do you get the +1 ring?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-02-10 16:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

How do you get the +1 ring?

Hehe
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-10 16:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect it was something more like:
1) Design guy says, "Focus should give Magic Accuracy+10~30%! Languor should give Magic Evasion -10~30%!"
2) Implementation guy makes focus give +10~30% MAcc and Languor -10~30% MEva.
3) Design guy actually meant something like Acc (Hit rate +10% is +20 Acc, not +10% accuracy).

So we've might have been enjoying massively overpowered spells for a long time. I suspect the fact that it still might be possible to use the same strats with more buffs might already be a concession from SE.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-02-10 16:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's doubtful that they actually made it weaker than it was supposed to be. It's more likely they didn't realize just how much the inflated mob stats caused us to rely on the bugged geomancy stats and didn't properly adjust all nms (particularly higher level ones) and well completely forgot about a decent bit of endgame content
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-02-10 16:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
1) Design guy says, "Focus should give Magic Accuracy+10~30%! Languor should give Magic Evasion -10~30%!"
3) Design guy actually meant something like Acc (Hit rate +10% is +20 Acc, not +10% accuracy).

So we've might have been enjoying massively overpowered spells for a long time. I suspect the fact that it still might be possible to use the same strats with more buffs might already be a concession from SE.
Facts
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-10 16:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also just thinking, I still completely question viability of Red Mage. You'll see little value from Frazzle in fights against any mob that can cleanse or otherwise resists dark based magic. Unfortunately that represents the majority of end game content where you want to use mages. The 'enhancing magic buff' also never came, so it's still not possible to cap Haste as support. Any use from Distract/Dia are completely eclipsed by both Bard and Geomancer now. It's sad to see that they are still intent at keeping this job behind the curve so much.

Whatever the changes actually are, they seem hastily thought out and poorly implemented.
By Calinar 2017-02-10 17:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever the changes actually are, they seem hastily thought out and poorly implemented.

No different than every other time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-10 17:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Facts

Theories without testing != facts
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-02-10 17:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Facts

Theories without testing != facts
It's the American way!!
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-10 17:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is to be an emergency maintenance, it'll likely be a further nerf of iLv NMs' Meva/Macc.
I don't see them reversing the GEO nerf, but I could see them "fixing" this by nerfing the NMs again.
(EDIT:As them nerfing the NMs was because of the players' needed reliance on GEO's enfeebles... which was also why they "boosted" distract/frazzle.... so.... yeah....)

Treizekordero said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »

Facts

Theories without testing = Alternative Facts
ftfy

Theories without testing == Alternative Facts

I think you forgot to change != to ==
EDIT: Fixed it for you. ;p
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15