Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-19 08:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Lexouritis said: »
Quick Draw doesn't add damage to skillchains involving death magic burts, or damage to the magic bursts themselves.
If that's not what the Empy feet do, what do they actually do? Actual question.
They do what's generally accepted, they just don't work on light/dark.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-02-19 09:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, someone needs to update that on the BG wiki page for the feet, then.
By Lexouritis 2017-02-19 09:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

They do help MB dmg for elements, but for Light and Dark Shots (or those elements) the effect actually has to 'land'. As opposed to the other elements, even doing 1 dmg on quick draw will trigger the bonus from the feet. AKA the Mob needs to be dispelled (by dark shots) or slept (by light shots) afaik. Most likely not gonna happen on something like a HELM.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-02-19 10:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Player warnings are still against the rules, especially in patch threads. Take that ***elsewhere and get back on topic.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-19 10:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You wanna ban or ID the sock? It's pretty obvious they just made that account to stir up ***.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-02-19 10:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You wanna ban or ID the sock? It's pretty obvious they just made that account to stir up ***.
They know I know who they are, the sock is topicbanned.
[+]
By Afania 2017-02-19 12:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the page history, the information about light and dark shot QD effects is on bg wiki since Dec 2015....which page are you reading =p

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Chass._Bottes_%2B1
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-02-19 13:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Player warnings are still against the rules, especially in patch threads. Take that *** elsewhere and get back on topic.

ooooh you said a bad word
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-02-19 14:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

According to the page history, the information about light and dark shot QD effects is on bg wiki since Dec 2015....which page are you reading =p

I was reading that page; Comeatmebro says that it doesn't apply to dark and light damage, which (if true), means said page would be wrong.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-19 14:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming the page is correct and it works if landed, didn't test personally just observed it not working on death. Obviously landing dark shot on albumen or schah is not an easy task.
By Afania 2017-02-19 15:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I was reading that page; Comeatmebro says that it doesn't apply to dark and light damage, which (if true), means said page would be wrong.

It does and the page is correct. Go cast holy on a mob and record it's damage, then light shot in feet to sleep the mob then holy again, you'd see holy damage increase.

On the other hand if you use it on an NM that resists sleep and ligh shot misses, holy damage won't increase.

The real question is, how come AF3 feel works that way but light shot dia works differently, I'm kinda wondering if we can get Dia IV without sleep land now. I mean, the original testing of light shot dia IV was done in 2012, not sure if it's correct since it's so long ago.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-02-19 15:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It does and the page is correct. Go cast holy on a mob and record it's damage, then light shot in feet to sleep the mob then holy again, you'd see holy damage increase.

On the other hand if you use it on an NM that resists sleep and ligh shot misses, holy damage won't increase.

The real question is, how come AF3 feel works that way but light shot dia works differently, I'm kinda wondering if we can get Dia IV without sleep land now. I mean, the original testing of light shot dia IV was done in 2012, not sure if it's correct since it's so long ago.

The enfeebling effect isn't part of the AF3 Feet so its probably a different check. Spicy on bg just did some test on new enfeebles adjustments with QD and did check the 'dia4' ceiling but doesn't say if the sleeps were resisted.
By Afania 2017-02-19 15:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »

The enfeebling effect isn't part of the AF3 Feet so its probably a different check. Spicy on bg just did some test on new enfeebles adjustments with QD and did check the 'dia4' ceiling but doesn't say if the sleeps were resisted.

I read that, and to my knowledge he tested in PvP, thus it probably landed.

Also some spells seems to function differently in pvp, for example when I tested Burn in PvP it seems to have a dINT check but against NM it doesn't.

Ill probably have to go back and find that original Dia IV test in 2012, somewhere.... out there....
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-19 17:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Sechs plz post Albumen results, i'm stuck at it.
So we did Erynis and Albumen tonight.
Erynis nothing to report, if anything she went down faster than usual, same strategy with THFs and SMNs.

Albumen we failed twice because of an error in my Lua that I didn't notice. Basically adds were waking 30 seconds earlier than my timer because my midcast set had a few wrong pieces... and yeah, you can imagine the results.

Damage wise with Soulvoice Dark Threnody 2 up, Death was doing ok damage. I'd say a bit lower than our usual average before the patch, but it was ok.
Buffs were:
SV INTx2, VictoryMarch, Ballad3 from BRD
Caster's and Tactician from COR
Idris Languor/Malaise (outside BLMpt GEO)
Idris Acumen/Focus (inside BLMpt GEO, BoG/EA on Focus)
Voidstorm2 from SCH
Frazzle1 landed on Albumen

On our second attempt I didn't bother to reset my SoulVoice, and damage sunk to *** (they forgot to BoG focus as well).
Also I was having issues landing dark Threnody with Idris Languor and Dunna Focus.
Took me quite a few casts and CHR etudes on myself. Yes, I did have Pear Crepe up.
With non-SV threnody2 damage went up a bit but was still shitty.

final thoughts on the fight
COR maybe should use Macc roll instead of Tactician, and BLM find other means to refresh their MP (rotate temp items, vile elixirs, w/e)
RDM is gonna make a huge difference, I can see things being very different with Frazzle3 landed on Albumen.
With all these things together, I think mage setup will be the same as pre-patch, so pretty doable.

Edit:
I can see one scenario where people can kill Albumen without RDM.
SV Nitro Dark Threnody 2, when it's off one GEO bolsters. When that Bolster is off, the GEOs swap and the other bolsters as well.
Assuming Idris on both GEOs, I can see it working w/o Frazzle3 in such a scenario, if you're fast enough. Otherwise ding ding, can hope in a successful Wildcard midfight! XD
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-19 17:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Melee albumen isnt bad. I used

blu blu blu blu geo whm
pld brd geo

and outside buffers(brdx1 corx2)

brd1 did fire carol x2, ice carol x2, dark carol, same for tank
brd2 did dark carol, mad x2, minuet, honor march
brd2 gave tank dark carol, earth carol x2, march x2

cors did hunter chaos sam rogue

melee pt geo did attunement wilt and entrust fury
tank pt geo did frailty vex and entrust attunement

whm gave both parties barfira baramnesra

dd had panacea for hp down and used mighty guard and harden shell and barrier tusk

pop, brd sleeps adds and super revits, sleep next 4 at 2:00 in asap

dead in 2-3min. bolster x2 or sv x2 is enough dont need both, lot of debuffs with neither but still possible
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-19 17:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

without outside buffers probably better to start the normal way and have everything clean on pull, but only 1 person needed clear so i figured would try this way and it went fine
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-19 19:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If a group takes long enough to need to deal with the final wave as well,If you need to sleep the 3rd wave if you're engaging at the start and ignoring the usual wipe, a BLU could Elemental Seal Entomb ~15 seconds before the final wave pops to wake the 8 up and keep them petrified until they're re-slept along with the final wave that just popped, though it would require either a COR or 2nd BRD in the party. Doing so will keep them all on the same Lullaby timer starting from the 4th minute to the end of the time limit by resetting Elemental Seal and T/N as needed.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2017-02-20 13:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Melee albumen isnt bad. I used

Thanks for the suggestion, it was quite easy to win this way. Engaged right from the start. We didn't have 4 BLU, but used BLU BLU WAR* and COR was in dd pt but didn't have a melee set so they just kinda watched. Had about 2m *** HP with 9 members.

edit: i'm terrible at math
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-20 14:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

200k hp sounds like a typo, didn't save parse but i know i wasn't doing 15% per ws
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15