users online
Forum » FFXI » General » February 2017 Version Update
February 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
By clearlyamule 2017-02-09 23:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
We knew the magic evasion nerf was coming, but combat and magic skills?
We knew that was coming too, it's intended to offset the GEO nerfs. Whether partially or completely is as yet unknown.
It's more of fixing an error carried forward. Mobs likely had those stats because of what geo was doing which was itself a bug. And they decided to not pull an office space and only fix the bug

Of course since they completely messed up the math for what 2 years now and have been basing content on that since then and are just now figuring it out despite numerous questions brought up about the potencies and asking to see things like /checkparam of these things makes me somewhat dubious of them getting it right this time
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-09 23:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonbow Whistle: DEF:12 CHR+18 Magic Accuracy+18 All songs +2

Moonbow Whistle +1: DEF:14 CHR+23 Magic Accuracy+23 All songs +3

Holy crap did BRD get the hook up.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-09 23:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

And now +1 versions of Adoulin Rings.....what the hell?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-09 23:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Star Sibyl probably had some form of pre-patch Indi-Focus effect? It's possible that she wasn't targeted, but instead indirectly hit by the Focus nerf and they reported the change accordingly.
[+]
 Asura.Keisu
Server: Asura
user: CyrCyr
By Asura.Keisu 2017-02-09 23:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Asura.Keisu said: »
Bleh, as if omen wasnt easy enough already. One of the few things i enjoyed doing - hopefully its not too nerfed

I'm looking forward to being able to farm cards for jobs that aren't "Omen NM friendly". I'll be curious to see, also, how the mob mag. evasion, etc. goes, considering I love using Cloudsplitter on all the things, even in Omen.
So do the first 2 floors then warp out, or what?

They should give us 2 entries if we want to just farm cards!
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-02-09 23:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

+1 adoulin reward rings. Nice
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-02-09 23:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Upgraded Adoulin rings!?

Also:
The amount of +magic damage on this Ambu set.

Helix set?

But then the feet:
"Converts 10% of damage taken to MP." Does this still go into effect with mana wall up?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-09 23:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

WHAT IS THIS O O

They added HQ Adoulin Rings
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-02-09 23:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty obviously requiring completion of the new Adoulin quest to upgrade your ring.

I'm... adjusting my Snapshot sets right now ;) Gogo team Haverton.
[+]
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-02-09 23:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope yall have Legend because it's gonna be locked behind "The Ygnas Directive" questline >:D
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-02-09 23:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fairly minor stat upgrades on the rings but I wonder if it lets you have an NQ and an HQ at the same time. would make achieving that final questline worthwhile
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-09 23:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleh, as if omen wasnt easy enough already. One of the few things i enjoyed doing - hopefully its not too nerfed

I'm looking forward to being able to farm cards for jobs that aren't "Omen NM friendly". I'll be curious to see, also, how the mob mag. evasion, etc. goes, considering I love using Cloudsplitter on all the things, even in Omen.

Yep, first two floors and also hope the objectives don't suck too bad. Soon as floor 3 is reached, warp out then wait 20 hrs. Sucky isn't it?

At least with this update, you can choose to not encounter any NMs and you'll be able to do first 2 floors, then after the 2nd floor you get sent to the 4th floor. I'm assuming after that floor is done, you exit. It's better than a kick in the nuts from a Bard singing bad songs about a love lost.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-09 23:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ***, now what ring do I choose?

...can I have an NQ and a different HQ? >_>;

Only Mallquis piece that looks noteworthy from my (GEO-oriented) perspective at a glance is the feet. 10% damage->MP is pretty nice, but it conflicts with both pet gear and AF+3 feet so ehhh...
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-02-09 23:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they would let us have a nq ring and a +1 of a different ring but I know that wont happen. One can dream ; ;
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-09 23:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Check Version is up by the way.

968 files
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-09 23:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Pretty obviously requiring completion of the new Adoulin quest to upgrade your ring.

I'm note sure you "upgrade" your Ring as so much get to chose a 2nd one.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-02-09 23:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Players must speak to Mewk Chorosap in Port Jeuno (G-8) once they have achieved a rank of Expert or above in any guild skill other than fishing.

Two middle fingers way up.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-02-09 23:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Now you can buy sets to make kits to make actual things. I feel their should be an xzibit meme for this
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-09 23:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
fairly minor stat upgrades on the rings but I wonder if it lets you have an NQ and an HQ at the same time. would make achieving that final questline worthwhile

knowing SE, it will almost certainly require the NQ, like the neck pieces.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-09 23:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

I'm note sure you "upgrade" your Ring as so much get to chose a 2nd one.
I really want it to be this, but my gut says SE doesn't love us that much.
 Asura.Keisu
Server: Asura
user: CyrCyr
By Asura.Keisu 2017-02-09 23:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, first two floors and also hope the objectives don't suck too bad. Soon as floor 3 is reached, warp out then wait 20 hrs. Sucky isn't it?

At least with this update, you can choose to not encounter any NMs and you'll be able to do first 2 floors, then after the 2nd floor you get sent to the 4th floor. I'm assuming after that floor is done, you exit. It's better than a kick in the nuts from a Bard singing bad songs about a love lost.
Oh, there's a floor skip now? I missed that part
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-02-09 23:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Well, Renaye and Woltaris getting Refresh+2 is a pretty nice +1! Vocane going from DT-7% to DT-8% is pretty nifty as well.

Some of them are utter garbage upgrades though (Shneddick gets minor bump in resist rates, the already useless Gorney doesn't even get more TH).
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-09 23:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They're implementing it in this update happening now. As far as how to choose that option, that's still up in the air.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-02-09 23:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna pass on doing the HQ adoulin rings. Quests look harder than doing Idris/Epeo lmfao
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-09 23:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They're implementing it in this update happening now. As far as how to choose that option, that's still up in the air.

says it right here:

Omen has undergone the following adjustments
New routes have been added.
An additional option has been added when examining the ethereal ingress in the second area. Selecting this option will send you along a route where mini-bosses do not appear.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-09 23:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I really want it to be this, but my gut says SE doesn't love us that much.

My gut says the +1 is their easy way out to let you have 2 rings without screwing up the quest to change them if you dropped.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-10 00:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I remember watching the freshly picked it looked like you got to pick from a few options and went straight from 2 to 4. Maybe you can somewhat select what fodder you fight? Hard to say though because they were using cheats... like one floor they did something and all mobs dropped dead and they got to advance lol
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-10 00:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
I'm gonna pass on doing the HQ adoulin rings. Quests look harder than doing Idris/Epeo lmfao

I haven't even started, and for the most part, the +1 versions of the rings seem like minor upgrades to their NQ counterparts, if anything.

Now if they were like, game breakingly broken upgrades, then yeah I'd get right on it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-10 00:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If they allow you to have 2 rings, though, then the effort is well worth the reward.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-02-10 00:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The vendor prices of the following items have been decreased.

Saber / Rala Visage I / Rala Visage II / Rala Visage III / Rala Visage IV / Rala Visage V /
Faithful's Torso I / Faithful's Torso II / Faithful's Torso III / Faithful's Torso IV / Faithful's Torso V /
Faithful's Legs I / Faithful's Legs II / Faithful's Legs III /Faithful's Legs IV / Faithful's Legs V /
Cirdas Visage I / Cirdas Visage II / Cirdas Visage III / Cirdas Visage IV / Cirdas Visage V /
Yorcia Visage I / Yorcia Visage II / Yorcia Visage III / Yorcia Visage IV / Yorcia Visage V /
Ra'Kaznar Visage I / Ra'Kaznar Visage II / Ra'Kaznar Visage III / Ra'Kaznar Visage IV /
Ra'Kaznar Visage V

Are they referencing the sell amount? I never realized these sold for an extraneous amount of gil. Or are simulcrum pieces actually buyable from an NPC?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15