First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Odin.Praxio
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Breaker
By Odin.Praxio 2017-02-18 17:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lexouritis said: »
Albumen, 18manned nuke style, post update. Win 1/1 will post strat. One thing i'll mention, a few weren't sleeping for normal duration. was a slight mess at some point. maybe random half resists, but we're not sure. It's usually the same brd on sleeps. Doing Vini now, nuke style will update this thread later.
Everyone already knows this strategy sorry buddy! :)
And i wouldn't bother posting that Vinipata strategy if its a BLM one again cause we all already know how to do it so thanks anyway! :)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-18 17:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, he's posting some 'strategies' that are already well known. Like, using more m.acc if you aren't capped m.acc and doing everything else the exact same way. It's not that complicated, I agree.

You just sound like a really butthurt sock, though. If one or two people benefit from his posts then what's the problem with them?
[+]
By Lexouritis 2017-02-18 19:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Praxio said: »
And i wouldn't bother posting that Vinipata strategy if its a BLM one again cause we all already know how to do it so thanks anyway! :)

Yes, the nuke strategies are generally well known. These are just refined to account for SE's GEO bubble adjustments in the last update. And since many were having trouble with nuking the helms, I figured to share how we changed a few things. But thanks for your input and GL :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-02-18 19:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oddly little Zerde talk post update, hehe...
By Lexouritis 2017-02-18 20:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted one earlier :) we're having trouble with him tonight though lol
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-18 20:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
We did Zerde with the same setup we always did before, no difference except the BRD who was staying inside the alliance doing Fire Threnody II instead of sitting outside.

Went down as fast as usual. Miss more than 1 stun or miss one too early, and it's a wipe.
Really, aside from the Threnody I hardly noticed any difference on Zerde, BLMs were MBing for 99k or close to that more often than not. (RUN tank, Rayke/Gambit etc)

We had 11 people in alliance, jobs were (if I recall...)
RUN (Did Rayke/Gambit and used super revit to re-use them again)
WHM
COR (was rotating, mab/macc rolls)
BRD (likewise: INTx2, Victory March, Ballad3)
SCH (went into BLM pt to give weather before pop)

BLM
BLM
BLM
BLM
GEO (think she was MBing, Languor/Acumen)
GEO (was not MBing, Malaise/Focus)

Both GEO have Idris, one of them Bolstered I think? Not sure.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-02-18 22:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah didn't notice any issues with BLM damage, it was the stun issue. Our BLM stun sets are very solid, but of course w/o ES it's pretty much a lost cause. If an ES-stun rotation is the only way, then that's that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-02-18 22:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
We did Zerde with the same setup we always did before, no difference except the BRD who was staying inside the alliance doing Fire Threnody II instead of sitting outside.

Went down as fast as usual. Miss more than 1 stun or miss one too early, and it's a wipe.
Really, aside from the Threnody I hardly noticed any difference on Zerde, BLMs were MBing for 99k or close to that more often than not. (RUN tank, Rayke/Gambit etc)

We had 11 people in alliance, jobs were (if I recall...)
RUN (Did Rayke/Gambit and used super revit to re-use them again)
WHM
COR (was rotating)
BRD (likewise)
SCH (went into BLM pt to give weather before pop)

BLM
BLM
BLM
BLM
GEO (think she was MBing, Languor/Acumen)
GEO (was not MBing, Malaise/Focus)

Both GEO have Idris, one of them Bolstered I think? Not sure.
I wonder about this. Would love to know process and stun order and Macc value etc. Seems you need a very high value of Magic acc at start (since geo buffs wont be up) to land stun off the start. Is ES needed or?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-02-18 23:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ES has always been needed for that initial stun.
[+]
By Lexouritis 2017-02-19 01:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, our top SCH Stunners basicaly resisted 80% of the time on stun post update, ES BLM stun is how we go about it now as well, just like last February/March + add BRD.

Vini, Nuke style= Add Frazzle 3 and Threnodies. Beef up Magic acc via GEO INT, etudes, gearsets or however. Don't necessarily need all of that at once, but as much as u can.

Just did Schah Nuke style Post update. Threnodies land easily, Frazzle3 needs work to land. Takes ES or Stymie, or a MB'd Frazzle3. Thunder nukes were not an issue, Deaths sucked hard. Really need to beef magic acc however possible, and then our BLMS were doing 80k-capping.

Also, see above sentence regarding Vini in terms of magic acc.

We used a similar strategy as Sechs for our Post update Zerdes, it's on page 12 of this Topic
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-19 04:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah didn't notice any issues with BLM damage, it was the stun issue. Our BLM stun sets are very solid, but of course w/o ES it's pretty much a lost cause. If an ES-stun rotation is the only way, then that's that.
The Stun wasn't an issue for us (or rather, it was because people fail at paying attention and we wiped a couple of times!) because we never used the "SCH/BLM stunlock" strategy. We used to rely on ES Stun even before the patch, so nothing changed for us really.

Tonight we have Albumen btw, I bet we're gonna have a LOOOOOT of fun, we soooo gonna have a lot of fun lol.
I foresee an endless night of timing out with mage setup, if what I've read over this thread lately is true lol.
By geigei 2017-02-19 04:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sechs plz post Albumen results, i'm stuck at it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-19 06:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We got Albumen to 30% with melee and eventually died because the tanks couldn't keep hate with the constant onslaught of silence, para, and amnesia. If we do it again and make sure the tanks get dark/fire/ice/wind carol, I bet we win.
[+]
By Lexouritis 2017-02-19 07:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Did u guys use Adle2, BoG/EA Vex, Attune, etc? Stuff was landing on our tanks, but not so frequently that hate was a mess. (Think Albumen moved maybe 2 times the whole fight). But yes, Pretty sure WITH carols u guys will be straight. Rather have the carols than a runeist roll myself. Probaly wind/ice carols would suffice.

Yes, the nuke strategies are generally well known. These are just refined to account for SE's GEO bubble adjustments in the last update. And since many were having trouble with nuking the helms, I figured to share how we changed a few things. But thanks for your input and GL :)

Yes, these nuke strategies are not refined and are generally well known and you are also missing a few debuffs for the group you have to hit the mark on 99k damage which you are lacking on. But thanks for your input and GL :)

Meh, we beat them all nuke style, except Erinys of course post-update so pretty happy with the results.
So what other debuffs do you feel would be needed Praxio? Pretty sure we used almost everything other than Conflag Strike, or MBing Burn. Might have missed something though. However if there is something that can help the ffxi community out, please share. :)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-19 07:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did u guys use Adle2, BoG/EA Vex, Attune, etc? Stuff was landing on our tanks, but not so frequently that hate was a mess. (Think Albumen moved maybe 2 times the whole fight). But yes, Pretty sure WITH carols u guys will be straight. Rather have the carols than a runeist roll myself. Probaly wind/ice carols would suffice.

We did not use Addle 2 (not sure if we used SV/Troub Nocturne). I agree that improving our bard swap and making sure the paladins get all the Carols they need is probably the key to winning.
By Lexouritis 2017-02-19 07:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup you guys were probably near the magic evasion threshold to avoid the crappy stuff that comes with Petalback spin.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-19 08:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

We did not use Addle 2 (not sure if we used SV/Troub Nocturne). I agree that improving our bard swap and making sure the paladins get all the Carols they need is probably the key to winning.

Yeah Addle II is something like -86 Magic Accuracy for the NM, really nice to have in general.
By Lexouritis 2017-02-19 08:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, I don't even use windower, but who cares. Stop trolling Targ. Meh, guess Rooks will lock this thread soon, such a shame.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-19 08:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember kids, UUDDLRLRAB is your friend.
[+]
 Odin.Praxio
By Odin.Praxio 2017-02-19 08:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok soooooo Albumen (Nuke style) post update:

Our Job Setup

1)SCH, GEO(Idris), RDM, BLM, BLM, COR

-SCH: Did normal things, Voidstorms, Compression Skillchains, kept other applicable buffs on.
-GEO: BOG/EA Focus to start, Indi INT, Entrust Haste.
-BLMS: Death MBs, Scholar Subjobs, Free stuns when not in the middle/next in Death Skillchain rotations. One of these BLMS dropped Pixie Hairpin from their set to add some magic accuracy, the other Nuked in their Pre-update set. Deaths ranged from 60-95k, with maybe 15% of their casts being resisted and crappy dmg.
-COR: Subbed RDM, Crooked Warlock's Roll, Caster's Roll, Haste 1 on the BLMs
-RDM: All available Debbuffs, Addle2, Paralyze, Slow, Poison2, Bio3, and most importantly, Saboteur Frazzle3. Our RDM had these base stats in total, (488 Magic Acc, 410 MND, 611 Enfeebling Skill) and had absolutely no problem landing his debuffs.

2)SCH (AG Tupsimati), GEO(Dunna), BRD (all REMA), BLM, BLM (AG Leavatein), COR

-SCH: Same as the SCH stated above, also was the Helixer/and did most of the Impacts.
-GEO: BOG/EA Focus to start, Indi INT, Entrust Haste.
-BLMs: Same as the BLMs in party one, The Mythic BLM was also the "manawall tank" until all Albumen adds popped, so he entered BLM death rotation later on in the fight. AG BLM had no problem landing deaths (80-99k?) and was the only one capping them (afaik). Other BLM had to remove Pixie Hairpin from their set, and was hitting for in the range of 55k-75k on their deaths.
-BRD: Did the sleeps on Albumen Adds (once all were out), Kept Elegy, Dark Threnody on Albumen, (reported taking a few tries/minimal resists on landing Dark Threnody without N/T up) and also kept INT etudes up on her BLMS)
-COR: Started by buffing the Manawall tank first (Gallant's, Evoker's) then did Crooked Warlock's, Caster's Rolls, kept Haste 1 up on the BLMs.

3)PLD/BLU (Mythic), RUN/BLU, WHM (Yagrush), GEO (idris), GEO (idris), COR

-PLD: main tank, used a fairly high tier SIR/M-eva set while maintaining PDT and MDT cap.
-RUN: Sub Tank, Coordinated Gambit/Rayke on as many Skillchains as he could, did other normal RUN things~
-GEO: BoG/EA Geo Languor, Indi Malaise, entrusted Haste. Melee'd Albumen to avoid hate reset on their bubbles as much as possible.
-GEO: BoG/EA Geo Vex, Indi Attunement, entrusted next haste. Melee'd Albumen to avoid hate reset on their bubbles as much as possible.
-COR: Crooked Runeist Roll, Caster's roll
-WHM: Prioritized Blocking Silence from Petalback spin. Did normal WHM stuff Incredibly well :P

Major Notes on the Fight Itself/Things done differently post update

1)I want to say 90% of the time, with these Debuffs/Buffs, Deaths were landing for 60k-99k dmg.

2)Petalback Spin was easily stunned (when caught by random stuns) and I want to say 80% of the time or higher, none of the enfeebles were landing on any of the tanks (i think silence landed once, para few times, amnesia a few times, poison/virus seemed to land the most on us), or on GEO's standing in with the tanks.

3)WHM positioned outside of Albumen's range and did not need to stand in with us. Was incredibly fast in removing anything that actually landed on the tanks, most notable being HP down/MP down effects

4)We added a separate Skillchain for Helixes, Impacts, and Bio3 (for extra DOT) as often as we could/when they wore. Helix was doing about 7800 on the high end.

5) Our initial plan was to have a BRD instead of a COR in the tank party for carols/hastes/ and completely focused on Debuffs. Furthermore, we planned on having a Mastered SMN in place of one of the BLMS, rotating Fusion Skillchain in between the Compressions, and MB with Conflag Strike for the INT Down effect on Albumen, thereby dropping it's magic acc/evasion event more. Luckily, we did not need these two jobs this time and the math worked out, but it's something to be considered if planning to kill Albumen nuke style.

6) Change your death sets to add more magic acc unles su have incredible augments/Mythic. two of our BLMs needed to at least take off Pixie Hairpin, however it is not necessary to do so provided your gear is heavy in M-acc in other slots. Use a Magic Bursted Kaustra at some point to add more DoT. (we didn't this time as far as I know)

7)Total Hate reset on tanks was minimal, i think he moved maybe 2 times the whole fight. Vex/Atune is STILL USEFULL thankfully long as it is combined with other buffs/debuffs.

8)We usually have all GEOs bolster, and a SCH Tabula after the first BRD re-sleep and try to reset everyone with WilD Cards. This didn't happen in an organized manner today as.............explained below

Stuff that was wierd/problem
1)Our BRD's sleeps were not lasting her full normal duration. We really are not sure why.
We are thinking she randomly lagged, or got half resists under N/T. Things woke up about a minute early, and at times things were randomly waking up whenever they felt like it.
Coordinating ES sleeps/Breaks became the hardest part of the fight, while maintaining DPS.
Needless to say timers were all all over the place, and took some heroics to keep things under control from multiple people.
The adds were pretty much all congregated by the tank party at this point, and it was night time.
Wish we videotaped it, but don't think anyone did, but kinda don't want to relive that Cluster F.
Things mijined a few times, and chainspells went off, but luckily, I do not believe any benedictions happened.

MIGHT be wise if able to spare it, to either give the 'Sleep' BRD some extra magic acc of some kind, gear, or buffs, even if you sacrifice total duration (yeah idk N/T was up on multiple resleeps so we're confused ). We will test this aspect of the fight again at some point, to see if it was an anomaly, or something that linkshells need to account for.

Overall, we were worried about this fight in terms of reaching the Magic Acc/Eva thresholds of mob and players without BRD in tank party, and a SMN MBing Conflag Strike every minute or so. Doing dmg on Albumen was not as difficult as we thought it would be, so that's a good thing for LS attempting to kill this with Death Setup.

Pre-update, it would usually take us ~15 minutes to kill this using Nuke strat, Post-Update (with mandy add shenanigans) took us about 25 minutes as far as I remember, with quite a bit of time lost trying to control the little shits.

Sorry for all the Mt's, my typing skills are terrible, and the huge wall of text. Vinipata post will not be this long.
Oh and you left out one minor detail but being a 2100 job point on your COR and all i can see how you forgot this to add more damage https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quick_Draw and more ways to increase damage then that
By Lexouritis 2017-02-19 08:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick Draw doesn't add damage to skillchains involving death magic burts, or damage to the magic bursts themselves.
 Odin.Praxio
By Odin.Praxio 2017-02-19 08:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick Draw doesn't add damage to skillchains involving death magic burts, or damage to the magic bursts themselves.
You can hit 99k doing fire nukes and its what we current hit right now. and you are missing some debuffs to increase death damage like what i ment was adding burn with quick draw to lower INT but you being a 2100 COR and all i guess you forgot that minor detail.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-19 08:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if you're under the impression you're making Lex or his ls look bad or what, but it's very obvious to everyone reading that you have a gigantic chip on your shoulder. Nothing you've said bothers anyone besides yourself. The salt is real.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-02-19 08:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's not what the Empy feet do, what do they actually do? Actual question.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15