First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-07-05 15:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So using panacea to remove all buffs and spam them when necessary on your main isn't broken, but doing the same thing to keep your pet alive via hp meds is.

The trade off is gil, neither are cheating.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-07-05 15:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If the NM is hard enough, no amount of mulsums or panacea is going to help. It's great for those who solo difficult fights regularly, but they were doing it already with less space.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-07-05 15:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So using panacea to remove all buffs and spam them when necessary on your main isn't broken, but doing the same thing to keep your pet alive via hp meds is.
your pet still does full dps while you spam mulsum/ready, you lose ~2.5 seconds of auto rounds and 4s of special actions when you use a panacea

never mind that status effects and hp are completely different things and the closest players have to dawn mulsums are hi-elixirs(which take 10 seconds to use and lock you another 5+ after..)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 15:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok just destroyed this Ambuscade as WAR. Average runs were 2~3 min, got faster as we got used to it and we were carrying a melee.

RUN (tank)
WHM
GEO
COR
WAR (me)
MNK (pickup guy)

I used Blurred Polearm because Stardiver is basically the same as Resolution gear wise. Was doing 20~25K SD's on the main NM, switched to Loxotic Mace + Blurred shield for the Cockatrice and did 24K Judgment. The MNK was nearly useless in this fight.

So far it seems you want at least one strong piercing DD and another secondary DD who has several different damage types. If we had replaced the MNK with a BLU, THF, DRG, WAR, RNG it would of been faster.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-05 15:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I'm calling for buffs for the rest of the DD jobs to give them at least a 5% lead in damage.
As our best understanding of the game currently stands, you have that and then some. Even Lionheart RUN has more of an advantage than that if you can cap ratio, which has drawn surprisingly little discussion around here. It's an amazingly safe job that can outright ignore many of the debuffs that plague other DDs thanks to its high base meva, and emboldened Temper grants a further edge in short fights. The need for an aeonic probably keeps it out of reach for most bandwagoners, but for many here it's a relevant consideration.

If you believe that information is incorrect, I would ask that you present rigorous evidence of such inaccuracies so that we can improve our understanding of the game. I would also ask that you leave accuracy aside, at least for the short term - it's an issue for sure, but also one that we know SE is investigating. I don't want to draw premature conclusions based on information that will likely change within the next few months.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-05 15:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
The ring is for all jobs, not just pld.

+1
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-05 15:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
For years I've been able to keep debuffs off myself with these.

While it isn't a cure all, it takes off most of what has been the most annoying so I don't feel like BLUs have an upper hand there. On slow... maybe.

If they are going to give DRK a bone it should be to bring back the spirit of what DRK zerging used to be... a mini but potent job ability with the old Soul Eater formula on a 10 min recast/45sec duration would be nice. You wouldn't break anything end game, and you would make mid game seem faster/easier.

I have stacks upon stack of meds in my invent, I always carry at least 3 stacks of everything I will possibly need.

As for souleater, I almost never use that. Today's whm can't handle that. I feel like mages forgot how to play since the introduction of abyssea and the atma/abyssite.

Thorva you are ranting like a mug. A good read on lunch breaks. Keep at it.

Nah, not really ranting, kinda emotionless. If anything I am just giving a reason for people to open their eyes. I know drk, I know rdm, I have a pretty solid grasp on thf, cor and rng, I have a general understanding and have played 20/22 jobs in this game, never played pup or brd. I know what jobs are capable of and I have in the past gone on rage fits over petty stuff like "specific job only" shouts.
I no longer blow a gasket over that stuff anymore, if anything I kinda feel bad for people that only see this game in one dynamic. Kinda sucks more people aren't playing how they want just on the simple fact someone tells them that jobs are not capable of things.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 15:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok report from the front line..

Tomahawk works... I just kicked it's *** and we ignored it's adds...
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-05 15:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty Saev <3
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-07-05 15:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ok report from the front line..

Tomahawk works... I just kicked it's *** and we ignored it's adds...

WAR works? Damn I know someone who's going to love this update.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-07-05 15:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming that is the basic version right? I'm more interested in how the Goblins are like.
By Draylo 2016-07-05 15:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Very bad comparison there lol.
By Bahadir 2016-07-05 16:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A new job trait, Smite, has been added.
Smite grants a bonus to attack when equipped with a hand-to-hand or two-handed weapon.
* This job trait is only effective for player characters, alter egos, and fellows.

Job Level Acquired
Warrior 35/ 65 / 95
Monk 40 / 80
Dark Knight 15 / 35 / 55 / 75 / 95
Dragoon 40 / 80
Puppetmaster 60
Is it just me or is Sam missing here? Didnt see any discussion about this here yet
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-05 16:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »
Quote:
A new job trait, Smite, has been added.
Smite grants a bonus to attack when equipped with a hand-to-hand or two-handed weapon.
* This job trait is only effective for player characters, alter egos, and fellows.

Job Level Acquired
Warrior 35/ 65 / 95
Monk 40 / 80
Dark Knight 15 / 35 / 55 / 75 / 95
Dragoon 40 / 80
Puppetmaster 60
Is it just me or is Sam missing here? Didnt see any discussion about this here yet

You might have missed a few pages on this thread. A few people mentioned it, truth is it was a terrible idea to even add in attack bonus on any of the jobs with the exception of mnk and drg, would still take more than that to fix those jobs. Furthermore a sam can chain sc for days and hit capped sc dmg.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-05 16:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM's SC damage is super underappreciated right now. They're not only a respectable DD for simple physical damage, but they're the epitome of the modern "optimizing DPS is a group effort" design. Flexible skillchain options, nearly every WS benefits from holding TP, yet they can often WS fast enough to get in two WS before their skillchain partner gets much past 1k if needed. Simply looking at SAM's numbers in a vacuum doesn't easily convey how much it brings to the table in a party setup, nor how well it functions alongside almost any other DD.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-05 16:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM/DRK ftw
I am become Sephiroth
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-05 16:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
SAM/DRK ftw
I am become Sephiroth

Tried hard not to smile, but it just came out.
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-07-05 17:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Now all they need to do is lower dread spikes to level 49 so run/drk can negate, resist, and absorb all the things.
They need to lower Recall and Retrace to 49 as well. WotG gets no love as it is.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-07-05 17:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detanita said: »
Someone could have reported it that is going for a mythic. Need to redo all assaults.
It's not that it never works, or nobody would have a mythic. But some of those assaults are annoying enough that you would just think that you did something wrong if you failed a run.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
And your solution to this is to bar 1handers from wearing an ammo that doesn't give accuracy.
I've got news for you, PUP can't really wear an ammo that gives accuracy either. SE needs to make it so you can use stuff other than oils in the ammo slot along with an animator. I guess "third-party tools" could gear swap you when doing maneuvers, but that might be beyond vanilla macros.

Asura.Thorva said: »
Just swapping out 1 tp ring for d-ring will do you justice. All these people farm up d-ring and never even use it. The ring is for all jobs, not just pld.
This. I'm on PUP and that second ring slot is usually Eponas, or I switch to an acc ring if I need that, or Dring if I'm up against something with nasty dmg. Same for neck slot. Also, I'm not the only one on Sylph who will use Twilight Torque + Dring on WHM.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-05 17:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »
I've got news for you, PUP can't really wear an ammo that gives accuracy either.
Yes, and I definitely mentioned pet jobs (RNG/COR/SAM too, now that I'm thinking about it) unfortunately missing out on this piece in a previous post. It's often less of an issue for most of those jobs due to how they function (sucks for SAM though, they'd have to give up Cibitshavore), but still an unfortunate loss.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-05 18:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

SE needs to make it so you can use stuff other than oils in the ammo slot along with an animator. I guess "third-party tools" could gear swap you when doing maneuvers, but that might be beyond vanilla macros.

Honestly non-weapon ranged and non-weapon ammo needs to be equippable at the same time in all situations. Idc if your bst/pup wants to equip an animator and a jug pet.

Sick and tired, as a geo, of geos blinking every single cast but there's nothing we can do about it short of full-timing dunna and ignoring ranged ammos in our swaps altogether.
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-07-05 18:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
SE needs to make it so you can use stuff other than oils in the ammo slot along with an animator. I guess "third-party tools" could gear swap you when doing maneuvers, but that might be beyond vanilla macros.

Honestly non-weapon ranged and non-weapon ammo needs to be equippable at the same time in all situations. Idc if your bst/pup wants to equip an animator and a jug pet.

Sick and tired, as a geo, of geos blinking every single cast but there's nothing we can do about it short of full-timing dunna and ignoring ranged ammos in our swaps altogether.
Dressme/blinkmenot equivalent.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-05 18:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

would a regular warrior be effective for this months ambuscade nm? I have war leveled, and weapons skilled, but no real equip for it (i dont play war.) I only have left over stuff from drk, skirmish2 gear, that type of stuff. But my bst isnt doing as well as id hoped. (Tho i only had time to do one fight)
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-05 18:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sad that giving Rune this trait would have killed Paladin. Cause nobody is gonna Ragnarok paladin and maintain the defensive capabilities like Rune does. :(
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-07-05 18:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Idc if your bst/pup wants to equip an animator and a jug pet.
Pretty sure that all jugs are BST main only, so it wouldn't apply to PUP/BST. And /PUP is weak because of lv 49 automaton and only one pet allowed. /BST charm can be fun if there's appropriate mobs, which there could be now in Adoulin areas. But then again, I'm not sure how iLvl of a non-BST main affects charm. I guess you could always try swapping in a boatload of CHR.

Sick and tired, as a geo, of geos blinking every single cast
/lockstyle

I even ask PLDs to do it when I'm PLD's WHM because I can watch their buffs constantly if they don't blink. I'm sure they appreciate not having to constantly ask for paralyna, erase, etc
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-07-05 18:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lockstyle doesn't help with that, which is like the whole point.
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-07-05 18:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Lockstyle doesn't help with that, which is like the whole point.
Is this blinking due to casting bubbles or what? It's not due to gear swap macros? I don't play GEO so I wouldn't know.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-05 18:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The blinking is due to swapping from a ranged weapon not in the ranged slot, such as a handbell, to an ammo, such as a macc ammo piece. Same issue happens with NIN and shuriken > ammo for WSs.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-05 19:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Idc if your bst/pup wants to equip an animator and a jug pet.
Pretty sure that all jugs are BST main only, so it wouldn't apply to PUP/BST. And /PUP is weak because of lv 49 automaton and only one pet allowed. /BST charm can be fun if there's appropriate mobs, which there could be now in Adoulin areas. But then again, I'm not sure how iLvl of a non-BST main affects charm. I guess you could always try swapping in a boatload of CHR.

Sick and tired, as a geo, of geos blinking every single cast
/lockstyle

I even ask PLDs to do it when I'm PLD's WHM because I can watch their buffs constantly if they don't blink. I'm sure they appreciate not having to constantly ask for paralyna, erase, etc

First, yeah, because you're changing from "throwing" to ranged, it redraws your character and comes with the special effect and sound effect, if you have an indi on yourself, every damn time.

I do use dressup but that addon is constantly buggy for me and when it's not working, being on or near geos annoys me.

Secondly the BST/PUP thing was a joke before someone mentioned how having two equipped at the same time could "exploit" something.

As a PLD main, I have lockstyle on and have it macro'd to flash just in case I forget.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-07-05 19:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
would a regular warrior be effective for this months ambuscade nm? I have war leveled, and weapons skilled, but no real equip for it (i dont play war.) I only have left over stuff from drk, skirmish2 gear, that type of stuff. But my bst isnt doing as well as id hoped. (Tho i only had time to do one fight)
I'd like to know this as well. My WAR was last used when Delve was farmed for it's trash mobs, not even Tojil, but it has Ukko's and I have the ol' GA from Yorcia Delve. I feel it'd be easier to use WAR than to try finding one, but~ would it be useful without much build up?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14