July 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 19:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
I'd like to know this as well. My WAR was last used when Delve was farmed for it's trash mobs, not even Tojil, but it has Ukko's and I have the ol' GA from Yorcia Delve. I feel it'd be easier to use WAR than to try finding one, but~ would it be useful without much build up?

No it wouldn't be good enough, especially if your using a GAXE for this event.
Ideally you want ~1100 accuracy before food / buffs, otherwise your going to need some accuracy from buffs. You need about ~1220 total acc. If you haven't been keeping your 2H jobs up to date then you can't be expected to jump in and get quick clears.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-05 20:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
would a regular warrior be effective for this months ambuscade nm? I have war leveled, and weapons skilled, but no real equip for it (i dont play war.) I only have left over stuff from drk, skirmish2 gear, that type of stuff. But my bst isnt doing as well as id hoped. (Tho i only had time to do one fight)
I'd like to know this as well. My WAR was last used when Delve was farmed for it's trash mobs, not even Tojil, but it has Ukko's and I have the ol' GA from Yorcia Delve. I feel it'd be easier to use WAR than to try finding one, but~ would it be useful without much build up?

No it wouldn't be good enough, especially if your using a GAXE for this event.
Ideally you want ~1100 accuracy before food / buffs, otherwise your going to need some accuracy from buffs. You need about ~1220 total acc. If you haven't been keeping your 2H jobs up to date then you can't be expected to jump in and get quick clears.

what about getting a pole arm off AH or such? I made sure to have all weapons at there max skill. And stardiver merits wouldnt be to hard to get.
Acc aside; would it be a viable choice in this context?
I only have bst available for this, it didnt seem to great this month. Curious if my war in that condition would be a better option.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-05 20:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You need about ~1220 total acc.
Is this for VD?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-05 20:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
You need about ~1220 total acc.
Is this for VD?

most likely. Thats about what my pet needs acc wise on VD. At 1000 or 1100 it has a high miss rate.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-05 20:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR is good at this Ambuscade because you have access to every damage type. I use Resolution, Stardiver, Judgment and Cloudsplitter as needed. Tomahawk isn't even worth the JA delay it takes to use, honestly. The adds aren't alive long enough to justify it, and the main DDs ought to be using piercing on the NM anyway.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 20:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
WAR is good at this Ambuscade because you have access to every damage type. I use Resolution, Stardiver, Judgment and Cloudsplitter as needed. Tomahawk isn't even worth the JA delay it takes to use, honestly. The adds aren't alive long enough to justify it, and the main DDs ought to be using piercing on the NM anyway.

This is very bad advice, nobody listen to this.

Tomahawk is broke as *** on the NM, we're stomping it so fast we don't even bother attacking the adds. Warcry goes up as we engage and it's dead long before it wears. My rotation is Tomahawk -> Warcry -> SD Spam. Tomahawk lasts 90s and reduces it's DT enough that you can just plow through it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2016-07-05 21:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is very bad advice, nobody listen to this.
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-07-05 23:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Secondly the BST/PUP thing was a joke before someone mentioned how having two equipped at the same time could "exploit" something.
Hey, it may seem like a joke, but way back when I was first leveling COR, I went COR/PUP for a while, and was skilling up marksmanship too. At least you can kind of get away without using an animator with the Soulsoother head.

I've also used /PUP for cleaning WS weapons. Even a half-level automaton can still be made to give something you can chain off of. But otherwise /PUP is basically useless.

I still want to find out how /BST charm works with iLvl now.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-06 06:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Should see if Smite is additive or multiplicative with Berserk.
Figured someone else would've gotten to it by now, but anyway.

Base attack: 1378
Post Smite and Berserk: 1787

29.68% increase

Additive

This test would also imply Smite1 is closer to 4.7%, not 4.6%. Will work on exact values and post as I go along with the notepad notes in spoilers underneath.

Smite1 - 12/256 (4.6875% att boost)

Smite2 - 19/256 (7.421875% att boost)

Smite3 - 25/256 (9.765625% att boost)

Smite4 - 32/256 (12.5% att boost)

Smite5 - 38/256 (14.84375% att boost)
[+]
By Draylo 2016-07-06 06:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Takes one extra buff with Entrust indi-haste and most entrusted spells aren't going to boost your dmg that much anyways.... You are exaggerating there.
[+]
 Asura.Keaddo
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-07-06 07:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
I dont wanna bring BLU vs Two handers crap again but I will do so nonetheless

Please stahp.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 07:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah dude but again. Why i must change my buff, complicate my life to invite those jobs?. DRK, WAR, SAM, DRG and MNK are pure DPS classes they have zero raid utility

*Blink Blink*

Seriously....

I do believe I just demonstrated otherwise in a most spectacular way.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-06 08:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Takes one extra buff with Entrust indi-haste and most entrusted spells aren't going to boost your dmg that much anyways.... You are exaggerating there.

Yeah dude but again. Why i must change my buff, complicate my life to invite those jobs?. DRK, WAR, SAM, DRG and MNK are pure DPS classes they have zero raid utility

BLU can heal, debuff, self buff.

Same crap its happening in FF14. MNK its the top single DPS but nobody invite MNK cuz have zero raid utily. So i dont care if your DRK its doing similar damage of my BLU i will not invite you if i have babysit you all *** Run.

Suit yourself.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-06 08:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Same crap its happening in FF14. MNK its the top single DPS but nobody invite MNK cuz have zero raid utily. So i dont care if your DRK its doing similar damage of my BLU i will not invite you if i have babysit you all *** Run.

I've been playing blu since 2009, I'm almost finished my Tizona and halfway through Almace, and you people are making me wanna give up the job I love...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-06 09:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually...

nvm.

[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-06 09:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

First you say you don't want to invite anyone other that Blu:
Why i must change my buff, complicate my life to invite those jobs?. DRK, WAR, SAM, DRG and MNK are pure DPS classes they have zero raid utility

But then you complain because no one invites you on the jobs you want to play
I must have lots of fun cuz i can't play MNK at all. Nobody invite me, everyone laughs at me for play this job

Im forced to afterglow a weapon i dislike Great Sword. Just to make My Drk-WAR competitive vs all those bandwagon BLU over there..... I wanted make a Conqueror but great axe weapon skills are ***...

Im having lots of fun when people shout for BLU STRICKLY. YOu tell can i go WAR, DRK, MNK or SAM? "NO".... So i was forced use this job to gear my lolMNK, lolWAR, lolDRK. Of course i will not lv up GEO im not crazy for kill the rest of jobs in my character.....

So in the end, you're your own problem. Yes, Blu is strong. But does every thread need to be about that? Blu is exactly as strong as it was before the bst nerf, but no one noticed. When SE adjusted bst to make it harder for bandwagoners, those people all ran to Blu.

Had they moved to dnc, would people be complaining that dnc is too strong right now?

Yes, I'm a Blu, but I never refused a strong 2hander a spot in one of my pt's (Hell, I'm a softie and I even let undergeared 2handers join me). So I don't like playing with people who are close minded like that.

I'm not saying blu it's weak, I'm just fed up of players like you who refuse to play with others.

Also, if you're going to be condescending to me,
How cute
use spellcheck.
[+]
 Asura.Midgitis
By Asura.Midgitis 2016-07-06 09:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's simply not fair that SE made an event for a month that BLU is not the preferred DPS for. I am going to unsub based on the biased favoritism towards all of the piercing type classes who have been overlooked for the past few years.

It is unfathomable that SE would shift the focus away from the job that I spent all my time and effort on to be able to call my main. We cannot stand for this as Blue mages everywhere must come together and make our voices heard.

All that aside.. it will be an amazingly drama filled spectacular day when they nerf blu or cdc to adjust the balance because it will come eventually. Based on this little teaser I cannot wait for it to happen. Next up Scholar skillchains!
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-06 09:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Midgitis said: »
It's simply not fair that SE made an event for a month that BLU is not the preferred DPS for. I am going to unsub based on the biased favoritism towards all of the piercing type classes who have been overlooked for the past few years.

It is unfathomable that SE would shift the focus away from the job that I spent all my time and effort on to be able to call my main. We cannot stand for this as Blue mages everywhere must come together and make our voices heard.

All that aside.. it will be an amazingly drama filled spectacular day when they nerf blu or cdc to adjust the balance because it will come eventually. Based on this little teaser I cannot wait for it to happen. Next up Scholar skillchains!
I don't even care if they do. Then at least I can play my job in peace.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-06 09:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the problem. [You] (generic) believe you're strong on certain jobs, so you trust yourself. You might even have people in your ls or friendlist that have proven themselves capable to rise above but when it comes to picking up people you don't know, you want the safest jobs.

Would you rather pug an unknown Aegis PLD or Rune Fencer?

Dancer or BLU?

Healing Scholar or White Mage?

Buff potency/choice aside (edit: saying, even if they were equal), GEO would still be the preferred buffer because the job is easier than COR and incomparably easier than Bard.

So we end up in this situation where people demand x jobs but simultaneously get pissed when someone demands x job out of them.

Asura.Midgitis said: »

Coyness aside. I actually do have a problem related to this. SE makes occasional events/fights where it's preferable to have a Ninja Tank, a bard for buffing, or some uncommmon DD and then it's like "lol gl finding them".

These scraps they're throwing to "second-class" jobs are sometimes more irritating than anything.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-06 09:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre defending his bandwagon job trying make us believe BLU its weak -_-...
Are you insinuating that my CDC findings were fabricated?
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-06 10:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
That's the problem. [You] (generic) believe you're strong on certain jobs, so you trust yourself. You might even have people in your ls or friendlist that have proven themselves capable to rise above but when it comes to picking up people you don't know, you want the safest jobs.

Would you rather pug an unknown Aegis PLD or Rune Fencer?

Dancer or BLU?

Healing Scholar or White Mage?

Buff potency/choice aside, GEO would still be the preferred buffer because the job is easier than COR and incomparably easier than Bard.

So we end up in this situation where people demand x jobs but simultaneously get pissed when someone demands x job out of them.
Personally, and I'm really not making this up, if I need a DD, I shout and/or ask in LSs for a DD. When someone raises their hand, I ask them "what's your best geared, can you handle this content?"

If they say they have WAR and can hit target X, then they can bring WAR. Why should risk losing because I forced a person who knows and loves WAR to play a job they don't know as well and don't like as much? The problem is not that Blu is OP, it's that people are unreasoning. They box themselves in and are terrified to try something new.

It's a game for crying out loud. Who cares if you lose a round or 2 of Ambuscade, or some T1 or 2. See what you did wrong, dust yourself off and regroup. How many times I've been in parties where we're losing because the Blu can't hit the target, then we find out it's because this player actually plays a different DD and they were only on Blu because they were told to.

Doing 20 Ambuscade runs in a night is productive... but failing 2 runs, regrouping, and eventually getting the hang of it until you consistently win in 2-3 min, always with the same 6 people you started with... that's FUN.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-07-06 10:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all getting trolled. Sandraa, Vize, Kuro...all the same person just posting on different accounts.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-06 10:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
You're all getting trolled. Sandraa, Vize, Kuro...all the same person just posting on different accounts.
Don't spread lies for nothing, I'm not trolling anyone. Compare posts, you should be able to tell just by my writing style we are different people.
I'm only commenting because I wanted to read bout July Update finding and instead it's the same old story again.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-07-06 10:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Don't spread lies for nothing, I'm not trolling anyone. Compare posts, you should be able to tell just by my writing style we are different people.
I'm only commenting because I wanted to read bout July Update finding and instead it's the same old story again.

I'm not talking about you silly -_-
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-06 11:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »

I'm not talking about you silly -_-
k
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-06 11:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That wasn't obvious from the names he mentioned, none of which were yours?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-06 11:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Not impressed with the belt. 2h were already using Gracile, so the haste was negligible. The acc looks great and all, but kentarch+1 has stp/acc/da. Unless the stp from kent+1 isn't needed for your build (and you need the extra haste), can't see this belt being a priority. Then again you could drop Gracile and mix and match so idk.

It's hard to say. 9% DA is a shitton, and it has more accuracy than Ken +1. The haste just means we don't have to use Gracile and can pop Bloodreign back on. You basically gain 4 DA for the cost of 1 acc I think. Can't remember the exact values off the top of my head.

It bugged me so I just wrote out a comparison. You're right. Basically you're trading 6 accuracy with Gracile/Kentarch+1 combo for 1 STP, 3 Haste, and 5 DA. This is assuming capped unity of course. Disregarding the defense and haste, since you should be able to cap anyways (unless using loess+1 for DT or Sule+1 hybrid), and the comparison basically boils down to 1 STP/5DA (Ioskeha/Bloodrain) vs 6 ACC (Kentarch+1/Gracile).

So its a no brainer pretty much, even if you go with HQ Gracile, which is essentially 11ACC increase. Didn't include the HQ Ioskheha, but that's clearly the better option as well. I was wrong.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14