Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 09:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
RNG/THF/DRG month
no luv for the dnc :( lol

It's just typical DRG/DNC/THF/BLU spammage. Hell I'm going to test out my Polearm WAR and see how much I can get SD to do.
[+]
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2016-07-05 10:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Vagary. Why the hell do they insist on putting Vagary items in synth recipes!?
By FaeQueenCory 2016-07-05 10:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Willster said: »
Vagary. Why the hell do they insist on putting Vagary items in synth recipes!?
So people do it more.........................

At least that's what my (and others') insane troll logic says.
And SE loves their insane troll logic.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-07-05 10:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Approximate values for now:

Smite1: 4.6% attack bonus
Smite2: 7.3% attack bonus
Smite3: 9.6% attack bonus
Smite5: 14.7% attack bonus

Just curious, was that a typo, or do we not know the 4th increment? (or the 5th perhaps?)
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-07-05 10:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »

Just curious, was that a typo, or do we not know the 4th increment? (or the 5th perhaps?)

I guess to test the T4 values someone would have to delevel DRK.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-07-05 10:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Brocovich said: »

I see. It doesn't matter then.

approx 15% seems pretty decent for DRK. Not sure it will change anything, but still nice.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-05 10:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

approx 15% seems pretty decent for DRK. Not sure it will change anything, but still nice.

The biggest thing I see from this is that it essentially makes up for the attack loss from Resolution for War, gives more for DRK, and makes DRK an even more attractive option as a support job for Rune Fencer.
By fonewear 2016-07-05 10:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen a DRK since...2006
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-07-05 11:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Kylos might take issue with that!
By Pantafernando 2016-07-05 11:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, no movement speed feet.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2016-07-05 11:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Btw, no movement speed feet.
Possibly the largest disappointment from the 119 salvage gear yet. I hope Morrigan 119 doesn't get screwed too.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-07-05 11:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Recipes are now posted on BGwiki
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-05 11:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Now all they need to do is lower dread spikes to level 49 so run/drk can negate, resist, and absorb all the things.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-05 11:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick! Everyone to the crafting cave!
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-05 12:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The following items may no longer be sold to NPCs.
scared me for a second there....
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-07-05 12:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I made the perfect itemset for this Update. Everyone who doesn't have it is a pleb.

ItemSet 344562

This set enables me to 100% resist all reality, math and reason on the FFXIAH Forums.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-05 12:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
This set enables me to 100% resist all reality, math and reason on the FFXIAH Forums.

Inc nerf cuz of that!
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-07-05 12:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
I'll i have you know! This set is false, real tarutaru use Nomad moogle cap and a goblin suit!
GEE!!!
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-07-05 12:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
fonewear said: »

Kylos might take issue with that!

I have no issue. Although I'm pretty sure DRK was used in the Voidwatch days and 2006 sounds too early for that. Also I'm going to get my DRK out soon as I've finished my SCH reforging so it's time to get my mythic afterglow out there :)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-05 12:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
New skadi is cool. see some pretty nice buffs for dimidation (body; Emet+1 is just an enmity piece if needed, now >_>) legs are great hybrid for run as well. Feet have 51 agi 40 racc, lol. Overall, I see some very good shooting stats for the rangers and corsairs. Low haste set though, so melee will have to pick and choose. Not the garbage I imagined it'd be. Right on pace with sule+1.

Not impressed with the belt. 2h were already using Gracile, so the haste was negligible. The acc looks great and all, but kentarch+1 has stp/acc/da. Unless the stp from kent+1 isn't needed for your build (and you need the extra haste), can't see this belt being a priority. Then again you could drop Gracile and mix and match so idk.
Dragoons can get away with not using Gracile Grip as it stands. 20% JA Haste from Hasso and the Wyvern with 40-43% Magic Haste means it only needs 17-20% from gear to cap. Same goes for Dark Knight when Last Resort is up.

I'd use the new belt over Kentarch+1 if I had Samurai Roll.

wat?

I thought you always needed 25%, 26 to hit the cap?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-05 12:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Guesstimate that Tier IV is 12.3%

*it doesn't appear to be a static increase tier to tier but you see a +5 every other level. Ex difference between tier 5 and 3 is 5.0. The difference from tier 3 and 1 is also 5.0. Indicating that 4 is +5.0 of the value for tier 2.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-07-05 12:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

As for this "Smite" addition, let me chime in. I've been asking SE to balance DD jobs since about 2010/2011? It's been a few years anyways. While I appreciate that they gave us a little more attack, it doesn't amount to much as 2-handers still need great support, and are still susceptible to crippling status ailments. DRK is lucky as it has Dread Spikes and Drain III, but more attack is not what any of the DDs needed.

The item which gives status ailments +11? That's something only 2-hander DDs should be able to wear. Hell, give it as a freebie to every player who wants to play these jobs. Even then, it's still not enough to warrant using these jobs because of the TP feed to the NM. Til they make using DDs on high content viable, no amount of attack is going to help.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2016-07-05 12:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh... that crafting skill levels.

These items are going to be expeeeeenssiiiiiiive...
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-05 12:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
The item which gives status ailments +11? That's something only 2-hander DDs should be able to wear. Hell, give it as a freebie to every player who wants to play these jobs. Even then, it's still not enough to warrant using these jobs because of the TP feed to the NM. Til they make using DDs on high content viable, no amount of attack is going to help.

Why should it be only available to 2hr's?

Dual wielders are just as susceptible to all those enfeebles and nearly as insufferable to play when bogged down with them.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-07-05 12:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Why should it be only available to 2hr's?

Dual wielders are just as susceptible to all those enfeebles and nearly as insufferable to play when bogged down with them.

Because of BLU, and partly THF and DNC. The main problem is, if anyone's going to bring a DD, it's going to be BLU. If WAR DRK DRG MNK (etc) was able to resist status ailments more, then people wouldn't feel the need to go BLU to everything. BLU can get away with less support, while the others need support.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-05 12:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at the the end of the day it's nice to have for solo-low-mid tier content but anything high tier it would serve as a placebo macro piece. Though with Valiance from a Rune it could be more effective then speculated. Too bad they didnt say *** it and make it -DT II.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-05 12:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys I've got a great idea!

<x job> is currently bandwagoned to hell because of rampant misconceptions in the community. Let's fix that by arbitrarily shafting it and any job remotely resembling it out of gear that equally benefits almost everyone that can wear it (rip pet jobs)! When the next bandwagon starts, we can do it all over again!

Also quick reminder:

Quote:
Also Smite is probably (if it's really just more attack) just a concession to those jobs when they're soloing or in terrible parties with little or no support. I doubt it was intended to change anything at higher levels of play, which is fine.

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Well at the the end of the day it's nice to have for solo-low-mid tier content but anything high tier it would serve as a placebo macro piece. Though with Valiance from a Rune it could be more effective then speculated. Too bad they didnt say *** it and make it -DT II.
Should be a flat +chance to resist, so it's actually pretty nice. I might break out the Hearty Earring on non-RUN again too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-07-05 12:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Should see if Smite is additive or multiplicative with Berserk.

Regardless the exact potency of this trait, I think the real purpose is just to get people to try these jobs in parties again. Most of them are not really that bad if geared super well.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-05 13:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, Amnesia, Paralyze, Blind and Slow (in that order, more or less) neuter all melee about equally. Granted, only the first two are troublesome to remove, and blu and dnc or thf/dnc can remove slow (items can remove blind if your mages can't/aren't), but I don't think enfeebles is the problem with disparity between melee and other melee, unless you want to count spikes and then I'd point out DW are at the disadvantage there.

BLU can, and dnc does, have an accuracy bonus, but boss blinds/acc-down's are so potent as to render them irrelevant.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-07-05 13:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

1 handers are easier to get accuracy for. They are easier with /dnc for healing waltz (ever seen DRK/DNC?). With those combined, it's obvious why people choose to go BLU or THF to events. This is what I'm talking about .. if I could DRK/WAR my Lib afterglow and not have to worry about whether i'm going to die of status ailments .. I might end up being dangerous. But that's not the case .. so often I have to /SAM with Seigan and keep my medicines close .. or go /RDM and keep my stoneskin/phalanx up and lose overall dps.

Either way, it's been harder on 2 handers for ages, and I thought it was common knowledge to all. I don't want BLU or THF to never be used again .. that would suck if SE buffed 2-handers to the point dual wielders were not used again.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14