users online
Forum » FFXI » General » July 2016 Version Update
July 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14
By Ulthakptah 2016-07-05 01:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Also I don't understand why people still care about Refresh gear. With constant HP/MP resets, temp items, Myrkr, etc. in any situation where you'd give a ***about MP, it seems nearly useless. This isn't 2004.
I don't think it's the refresh on the ring that's getting everyone's attention...
ikr? That has to be hands down the best rings for enfeebling on rdm and brd
By volkom 2016-07-05 01:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay more attack buffs for drk...
By Boshi 2016-07-05 01:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That ring has refresh?

Anyways for dagger ppls hands are gonna be the go-to for rudra, body for stacked rudra (still need herc for unstack)
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-05 01:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Onvasquez said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Quote:
Stikini Ring +1 99 Rings MND+8 Magic Accuracy+11 All magic skills +8 "Refresh"+1 All

bruh

2 Please

There is an nq and hq version, I think even the nq version beats everything we already have in terms of m. acc, it gets +8 m. acc and +5 skill on the nq
By Boshi 2016-07-05 01:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody's mentioned this yet but that acc/sttp ring is gonna replace ramuh+1 for acc tp. 1acc for 6stp
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-07-05 01:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Also I don't understand why people still care about Refresh gear. With constant HP/MP resets, temp items, Myrkr, etc. in any situation where you'd give a ***about MP, it seems nearly useless. This isn't 2004.
I don't think it's the refresh on the ring that's getting everyone's attention...

it's clear who is actually stuck in 2004 when all they see on this is refresh
By shawkky 2016-07-05 01:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Please please please be goldsmithing on the rings/earrings...
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
Server: Cerberus
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2016-07-05 01:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

shawkky said: »
Please please please be goldsmithing on the rings/earrings...

Please let it be a low lvl synth so prices are cheap.
[+]
By Verda 2016-07-05 01:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from what others said about the other stats, SMN relies on refresh to function. Elemental Siphon isn't enough to keep using pacts on timer, no occult acumen, and if you are meleeing for TP then you usually want to use it to skillchain with your avatar or get aftermath up. SCH and BLM can live without refresh gear, and some do especially if you're well setup for it. WHM still uses refresh though, and so does every other mage (well tizona BLU or if magic hammer can be used, can say BLU doesn't need refresh either). To me 2004 brings back memories of doing 2-3 nukes on blm then doing /heal during an experience points party, which is what died when we started getting more refresh gear.

Also, I don't see why it's any surprise the job that has the most attack in the game tied directly to its job identity got the most attack traits. The only thing I want to know is it % or flat and how much.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-07-05 01:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't going to be easy to get, might as well forget about that, it would ruin SE's perfect balance of the game lmao

but seriously these +1's aren't going to be sparks obtainable, just forget that now. Anyway the point of the game to work toward stuff, not sure why people want things to come so easy.
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2016-07-05 01:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Titanfoo said: »
They aren't going to be easy to get, might as well forget about that, it would ruin SE's perfect balance of the game lmao

but seriously these +1's aren't going to be sparks obtainable, just forget that now. Anyway the point of the game to work toward stuff, not sure why people want things to come so easy.

It does not have to be easy, just do not want it to be 100M for 1 damn ring. I prefer farming for gear than farming for gil to buy gear.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-07-05 01:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It does not have to be easy, just do not want it to be 100M for 1 damn ring. I prefer farming for gear than farming for gil to buy gear.

two words; Supply - Demand
GL
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-07-05 01:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just think of it this way. Crafters are going to be spamming these. Many NQ will be made. The price will plummet almost immediately on the NQ to the point they will be affordable.

The point is, just wait a little bit, then buy a couple of NQ when they're affordable for you.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-07-05 01:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Abdhaljs Dye added after 3 months of capes

more points to grind per month yay lol
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2016-07-05 01:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

as in all update the 1st to po are going to be pricey, so i believe around 15-20mill, then will settle around the +1 ring 10-12mill range, about the craft i see CC, GS and um smithing coming into play. dont know about you but i see farming time to buy gear coming ahead.

Veda can you explain me pls in plain words what does the new update for SMN BP is, the recast will lower when you keep same avatar out? or is it SKILl dependant?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-07-05 01:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Varar Ring +1 Accuracy+10 Pet: Accuracy+10 Ranged Accuracy+10 "Store TP"+6 " Avatar: "Blood Pact" damage +4

This is tremendous for BST, which had very limited options for a second ring.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-07-05 01:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Varar Ring +1 Accuracy+10 Pet: Accuracy+10 Ranged Accuracy+10 "Store TP"+6 " Avatar: "Blood Pact" damage +4

It's great for all the pet jobs, actually. Thurandaut Ring + this ring = win
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-07-05 01:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Absolutely.
 Siren.Sjg
Server: Siren
user: sjg6
By Siren.Sjg 2016-07-05 01:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Also, I don't see why it's any surprise the job that has the most attack in the game tied directly to its job identity got the most attack traits. The only thing I want to know is it % or flat and how much.

I think everyone understands the thematic justification for it, it just seems awkward if it's intended as a balance adjustment. The jobs that arguably need the most help (MNK & DRG) end up with less traits than jobs which were already doing much better in comparison (WAR & DRK).
[+]
By mortificator 2016-07-05 01:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darkspawn said: »
Veda can you explain me pls in plain words what does the new update for SMN BP is, the recast will lower when you keep same avatar out? or is it SKILl dependant?

from what i take home from this is that the higher tier of avatar favor is active the lower the natural recast timer will be on bloodpacts, hopefully they fixed the blinking issue when using bloodpacts with this now -.-
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 01:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sjg said: »

I think everyone understands the thematic justification for it, it just seems awkward if it's intended as a balance adjustment. The jobs that arguably need the most help (MNK & DRG) end up with less traits than jobs which were already doing much better in comparison (WAR & DRK).

Because of their other JT's and Gifts. Out of the 2H DD's DRG has the highest accuracy, even more so after they get 2100 as their accuracy gifts are much higher then WAR's or DRK's. DRK actually got shafted HARD with accuracy. Not only do they have the lowest "heavy DD" natural accuracy, they also have the lowest accuracy gifts.

How useful this is depends on if it's a percentage or a fixed value. Adding +10 attack per tier won't matter at all, adding a percentage would matter because it would compensate for having to use accuracy buffs over attack ones. We will have to wait and see how it's implemented. What the 2H melee's need the most is a WS overhaul, pretty sure its the same with H2H.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-07-05 01:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Because of their other JT's and Gifts. Out of the 2H DD's DRG has the highest accuracy, even more so after they get 2100 as their accuracy gifts are much higher then WAR's or DRK's. DRK actually got shafted HARD with accuracy. Not only do they have the lowest "heavy DD" natural accuracy, they also have the lowest accuracy gifts.

How useful this is depends on if it's a percentage or a fixed value. Adding +10 attack per tier won't matter at all, adding a percentage would matter because it would compensate for having to use accuracy buffs over attack ones. We will have to wait and see how it's implemented. What the 2H melee's need the most is a WS overhaul, pretty sure its the same with H2H.

If it's indeed a percentage per tier, then DRK is a big winner here. They would only need to focus on Accuracy gear then, as the Attack traits would counteract the lack of Attack+ gear.

But if it's a static +10 per tier, then SE fails and like the WAR in the YouTube video, they don't know WTF they're doing.
[+]
By Jaleryl 2016-07-05 02:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

With everything said about Smite, where's SAM in all this. They use 2h too. Apparently SE just forgot that.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Verda 2016-07-05 02:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I haven't had Thurandaut for a while :( Even when I did however, it doesn't do anything for magic pacts for SMN so still used Evoker's for that. Because of the avatar bp damage +4, for raw damage two Varar Ring +1 will win and Thurandaut would be for an avatar tp/dt set and physical pact accuracy set.

I think everyone understands the thematic justification for it, it just seems awkward if it's intended as a balance adjustment. The jobs that arguably need the most help (MNK&DRG) end up with less traits than jobs which were already doing much better in comparison (WAR&DRK).
I can understand that. Before any conclusions can be drawn though we'd have to know if it's % of flat and how much. I think it also gets complicated with job abilities that boost % attack too, as any base attack added (traits, bard songs, food, etc) get multiplied too by things like last resort and berserk.

The mats are one cat's eye, a gold ingot, and a fire crystal :P
By Blazed1979 2016-07-05 02:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't find where to subscribe for the Mog wardrobes 3 and 4 - instructions on their announcement page don't work.
I don't see Mogwardrobe anywhere in the options list or under the character list.
By Neokahrn 2016-07-05 02:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone test the smite trait yet ?
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2016-07-05 02:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Neokahrn said: »
Did anyone test the smite trait yet ?

Still in maintenance
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-05 02:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's indeed a percentage per tier, then DRK is a big winner here. They would only need to focus on Accuracy gear then, as the Attack traits would counteract the lack of Attack+ gear.
DRK and WAR actually have those options though. The Argosy set (+1 especially) bleeds accuracy so hard (up to +234), that pretending DRGs native ACC advantage (62ish over DRK) as a justification for an even bigger ATT deficiency (compared to WAR and DRK) is laughable at best.
[+]
 Asura.Keaddo
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-07-05 02:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

all I can see is a forth augment to ambuscade cape, and I am wondering if I am awake.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14