Forum » FFXI » General » July 2016 Version Update
July 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-07 09:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play WAR on everything, just when I believe it to be viable with our setup / content. Outside of WAR I also have a godly geared BLU, an extremely well geared BLM and a very well geared RUN. Beyond that I have RDM and GEO with geared WHM for the most dire of circumstances.

FFXI is about job versatility, different jobs are useful in different circumstances. This is why I absolutely hate simplistic "spam all content with X job" strategies that people use, they ruin the versatility angle and end up stuffing a bunch of people into a single job until the meta "changes" and suddenly they are SoL. I was getting bored of WAR back in Voidwatch when it was "spam fanatic drink WAR / DRK on everything" and was glad when I could use BLU in Delve (seriously awesome job then, so many people missed an opportunity because of Tojil MNK spam).

My advice to anyone and everyone is to have multiple jobs geared / JP'd with multiple builds and techniques mastered. This way they are prepared to handle many different situations and enjoy the game in many different ways. This recent Ambuscade heavily favors WAR and piercing DD's. Did I suddenly rush out to buy a Blurred Polearm and throw together a SD set? No I already had that ***done from last year when I was experimenting with Polearm builds. I also have a Loxotic Mace, Blurred shield +1, several swords, several Axes, Chango, Blurred Staff (Shatter Soul) and an Odium (Evisceration) available for any possible situation I could be in.

This games versatility is why I still play it.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-18 15:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

+1
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-28 21:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

any good pet suggestions for the appkallus? Fireball doesnt always seem to work well.
By Afania 2016-07-28 22:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
any good pet suggestions for the appkallus? Fireball doesnt always seem to work well.

If you are bst, why don't you just cloud splitter?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14