BREXIT Just Happened...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 28 29 30
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-24 19:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Implying it's an inaccurate statement.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2016-06-24 19:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Be hilarious if Scotland left the UK and Ireland unified then did the same.

They would have to rename UKIP... IP.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-24 20:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Implying it's an inaccurate statement.
No, implying that it isn't really a negative. Unfortunately.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-24 22:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

daxxed said: »
Candlejack said: »
What gets me is, Great Britain just sat back and let the bigots in their population crash the stock market, throw the economy of the entire world into jeopardy, open their own country up to two years of economic and political uncertainity, and all for what? So mostly white, uneducated, heterosexual Christian bigots can hate other people.

guess you didnt get the message?

Its really very disappointing to me that people can be so uneducated. My feeds are entirely filled of people buying into that media narrative. I knew most people were stupid, especially on the internet, but I vastly underestimated how easily normally bright people could be misled.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-24 23:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-06-25 01:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What is so wrong with the British choosing to govern themselves?

Did anyone really think that a political union to govern such a multitude of different people and cultures could have been achieved?

Not the way the EU was going about it. Maybe the should have taken the Farage and his like more seriously and tried to work with them instead of brushing them aside as fringe politicians?

Everytime there are public figures or politicians who have a perspective that is different than the popular one, they sick the media on them to discredit them through ad hominem designed to ridicule and discredit their arguments through association. I for one am sick and tired of it.

Everything is too skewed towards corporations and the elite. The rise in nationalism, populasim, extreme swings to the far left and right are all just symptoms of everyone being fed up of this international oligarchy.

Unelected officials making important decisions that will effect hundreds of millions of people, without any real form of accountability by the people, just wasn't kosher.

To me this is a great day for the people. *** the machine, power to the people. Burn this mfucka down.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-25 01:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The unfortunate truth is you wont unite that many nations and different cultures without truly conquering them.
By Takisan 2016-06-25 02:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
To me this is a great day for the people. *** the machine, power to the people. Burn this mfucka down.

A lot of what founded the EU was to stop world wars from happening which I definitely support. Millions and millions of people slaughtering each other on a world scale excluding very few countries is generally a bad thing. I understand sovereignty and identity is important but if brexit can happen then Xexit may also be possible? More walls, more blaming migrates, less communication, and extreme nationalistic leaders feeding on the fears of people helped fuel WWII.

I hope for stabilization and communication. Because literally "Burn this mfucka down" is unfortunately what happened to REAL people. MILLIONS of real people.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-06-25 02:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tarquine said: »
Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
and legalize cannabis to give us a massive economic boost!

Whilst I am 100% in favour of this, I 100% do not see this happening under a Tory government.

We actually made good headway on this earlier this year.
YouTube Video Placeholder

On the date the second reading was due to happen, Parliament was not in session so the bill has been forgotten. We really need to push the matter more as the arguments against it are now down to "it may hurt alcohol companies"...
 Asura.Tanardin
Server: Asura
user: Tanardin
By Asura.Tanardin 2016-06-25 02:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I just dont understand politic, but how is something this serious just a majority vote?
 Sylph.Frenchman
user: frenchman
By Sylph.Frenchman 2016-06-25 03:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What is scary (scary in the sense of "what would happen if") is that next year in France we have to elect a new president, and it's possible (unlikely to happen, but it's possible) that the far right wins this time. And the far right in France is VERY VERY pro Frexit™.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-25 03:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tanardin said: »
Maybe I just dont understand politic, but how is something this serious just a majority vote?

What other type of vote would you see it be?
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-06-25 03:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisan said: »

A lot of what founded the EU was to stop world wars from happening which I definitely support. Millions and millions of people slaughtering each other on a world scale excluding very few countries is generally a bad thing. I understand sovereignty and identity is important but if brexit can happen then Xexit may also be possible? More walls, more blaming migrates, less communication, and extreme nationalistic leaders feeding on the fears of people helped fuel WWII.

I hope for stabilization and communication. Because literally "Burn this mfucka down" is unfortunately what happened to REAL people. MILLIONS of real people.
I think you're confusing the EU with NATO and really don't know what you're talking about.
[+]
 Asura.Tanardin
By Asura.Tanardin 2016-06-25 03:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »

What other type of vote would you see it be?

Sorry, I meant to say a simple majority vote but there is no edit button. I would think something serious like this would require 2/3 in favor.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-06-25 04:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

2/3 requirement is flawed because it was a 2 option vote. Who decides who the advantage goes to? If remain got 60% and leave got 40%, should it default to leave because remain didn't reach 2/3 or visa versa? No option should be given an advantage in a referendum, so the majority wins even if the difference was 1 vote.

2/3 would work if the options were something like join X political union, or Join Y political union, as there is a third option if neither group hits that 2/3 (No union with either group)
By fonewear 2016-06-25 05:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »
The unfortunate truth is you wont unite that many nations and different cultures without truly conquering them.

Finally someone that gets it !
 Asura.Tanardin
By Asura.Tanardin 2016-06-25 05:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

2/3 requirement is flawed because it was a 2 option vote. Who decides who the advantage goes to? If remain got 60% and leave got 40%, should it default to leave because remain didn't reach 2/3 or visa versa? No option should be given an advantage in a referendum, so the majority wins even if the difference was 1 vote.

2/3 would work if the options were something like join X political union, or Join Y political union, as there is a third option if neither group hits that 2/3 (No union with either group)

Ah, I see. I only thought of it because in the States we need a 2/3 majority in the House and Senate to amend the constitution. I thought something similar would be required for this.
 Sylph.Frenchman
user: frenchman
By Sylph.Frenchman 2016-06-25 05:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I see. I only thought of it because in the States we need a 2/3 majority in the House and Senate to amend the constitution. I thought something similar would be required for this.

Yeah but this is a Yes/No vote, so it can't really work this way in this kind of referendum.
If the question was "UK should leave the EU: Yes/No, UK leaves if 66% voters say Yes", then maybe
By Blazed1979 2016-06-25 06:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Proof that Donald Trump manages his own twitter account:
By Blazed1979 2016-06-25 06:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio2

Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television
North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe

Rosenbergs, H-bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom
Brando, "The King and I" and "The Catcher in the Rye"

Eisenhower, vaccine, England's got a new queen
Marciano, Liberace, Santayana goodbye

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it1

Joseph Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser and Prokofiev
Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc

Roy Cohn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, Dacron
Dien Bien Phu falls, "Rock Around the Clock"

Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team
Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland

Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, Krushchev
Princess Grace, "Peyton Place", trouble in the Suez

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac
Sputnik, Chou En-Lai, "Bridge on the River Kwai"

Lebanon, Charlse de Gaulle, California baseball
Starkweather, homicide, children of thalidomide

Buddy Holly, "Ben Hur", space monkey, Mafia
Hula hoops, Castro, Edsel is a no-go

U2, Syngman Rhee, payola and Kennedy
Chubby Checker, "Psycho", Belgians in the Congo

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Hemingway, Eichmann, "Stranger in a Strange Land"
Dylan, Berlin, Bay of Pigs invasion

"Lawrence of Arabia", British Beatlemania
Ole Miss, John Glenn, Liston beats Patterson

Pope Paul, Malcolm X, British politician sex
JFK, blown away, what else do I have to say

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again
Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan

"Wheel of Fortune", Sally Ride, heavy metal, suicide
Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
Rock and roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
But when we are gone
Will it still burn on, and on, and on, and on

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 06:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The protest for a new referendum with the same question is at 1million signs.
The Protest for Corbyn to step down from labour leader is at 150,000 signs.

the EU want's us to use article 50 immediately, as they feel they do not want to be pulled into a economic crisis. (Which is too late we have already started it).
They are saying that they where not prepared for a Brexit leave vote to win and that we made it "Crystal clear" that we wanted to leave. (Despite the polls saying the noone really knew).

Google searches soared for answers on what the Brexit would mean for the UK and the rest of the world that further suggests people did not know what they where voting for.

Nicola sturgeon (First Minister of Scotland), is seeking talks with European leaders, about the state of Scotland.

Have i missed anything?
Oh

The Pound which is currently a "AA1" currency rating is facing being devalued again. Britain now has a huge deficit, which means we're going to start facing unemployment in 1-6 months. (R.I.P Building society jobs).

Now sat on the unemployment train choo choo.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-25 06:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

I think you're confusing the EU with NATO and really don't know what you're talking about.
Yeah, you have no idea of what you are talking about.

The EU was created to encourage economic interdependence which was theorized would prevent future wars.

Quote:
A peaceful Europe – the beginnings of cooperation
The European Union is set up with the aim of ending the frequent and bloody wars between neighbours, which culminated in the Second World War.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-25 06:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry when you guys are unemployed you will have more time to play FFXI !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-25 06:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in the long term this will be good for Britain. But how long it will take to get there remains to be seen...
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 06:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

Yeah, you have no idea of what you are talking about.

The EU was created to encourage economic interdependence which was theorized would prevent future wars.

Quote:
A peaceful Europe – the beginnings of cooperation
The European Union is set up with the aim of ending the frequent and bloody wars between neighbours, which culminated in the Second World War.

The who intention of the EU was to stop future wars within Europe, it was based of the 20's version of the UN, the League of nations.
However, the EU is based on the idea of freedom of movement between people, trade and unifying Europe, despite all of our differences.

And up till like 2010 it worked, and it worked bloody amazingly. No Major wars in Europe since 1940s. Most skirmishes where on the outlying boarders of the EU. Europe had one of the most stablest economies. the EU brought people together.

The EU meant for British people that they could travel the EU without a Visa (Only needed a passport to go from here to say to Sweden), and the clothes on your back. It meant you where entitled to Free health-care across Europe, and that you could face no kind of discrimination because you where a EU Country. Being born in an EU country is the largest blessing you could of had. now, not so much.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By shadowlina 2016-06-25 06:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I think in the long term this will be good for Britain. But how long it will take to get there remains to be seen...
To make up the money that would would of "Saved" from leaving the EU, it will take 40 years apparently. we lost $340 billion in a few hours after declaring.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 06:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It Irritates me something wicked though that lots of my family are texting my dad saying that they protected his job. But he's now potentially lost it in 6 months.
By fonewear 2016-06-25 06:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

shadowlina said: »
fonewear said: »
To make up the money that would would of "Saved" from leaving the EU, it will take 40 years apparently. we lost $340 billion in a few hours after declaring.

40 years you think FFXI will still be around then ?

It could be worse you could be Greece I don't even know if they exist anymore !
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 06:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't Greece have another payment soon which they are more than likely going to fault now?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 06:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

UK's European Commissioner Lord Hill to stand down saying "what is done cannot be undone" after UK votes to leave EU
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 28 29 30