BREXIT Just Happened...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 28 29 30
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-24 09:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masrur said: »
Worry about your own country.
This affects more than just the UK, or haven't you noticed?
[+]
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2016-06-24 09:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo theres a chance that northren ireland and scotland leaving the uk now after what just happened?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 09:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Regicide said: »
Sooo theres a chance that northren ireland and scotland leaving the uk now after what just happened?
There is a possibility of this now yes. They could call for another referendum.

There's also the possibility that the Conservatives could elect the new PM behind closed doors that would cause lots of protests.
And Labour most people don't have trust in Corbyn.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 09:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Regicide said: »

Scotland yes? Given a large part of their "stay" vote w/ the UK was based on not wanting to leave the EU, if I understand correctly?

I don't know about Northern Ireland. They're probably in a very precarious place in that regard, as I'm sure tempers have cooled in general over the past century, but I really can't imagine a united Ireland is in the cards, sadly.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-24 09:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There's always that possibility, but then there's also the possibility that other EU countries may see what the UK did today as a catalyst and follow suit. It's no secret that some EU countries aren't happy and were waiting to see what we'd do first.

There might not even be an EU for N.Irelnand or Scotland to join if they decided to break from the UK.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-24 09:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
I'm absolutely serious every nation has a right to govern itself.

Yes, it does. That's obviously not what I'm talking about.

What I'm talking about is the voluntary, willing entry into a united planet. No borders. No conflicts. No being shitty to each other.

Again. I'm not saying it's realistic, but if that offends you? That's a level of oppositional defiant disorder that's just off the charts.

It absolutely does offend me as it should you, because our fellow brothers and sisters would have died in vain defending our nation and our freedoms.

I will not let there sacrifice go without a fight.

Are you a veteran Lordgrim? Because I am, and I can tell you right now you have no right speaking on behalf of our brothers and sisters who have served and died with this separatist nationalist whatever view you have is NOT shared by all service members.

The things you say are narrow minded, a detriment to the growth of our nation as well as the entire world. I am actually disgusted that you would try and bring my fellow service members into this discussion to defend your point of view.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 09:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

god dammit 4chan. Friend linked me to a 4chan thread on the LEAVE WINs and british music begins playing
Freakin' ace.

Yes the basis for the Scottish referendum was that when they left, they would try to stay in the EU. They have voted to largely stay in the EU.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 09:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
There's always that possibility, but then there's also the possibility that other EU countries may see what the UK did today as a catalyst and follow suit. It's no secret that some EU countries aren't happy and were waiting to see what we'd do first.

There might not even be an EU for N.Irelnand or Scotland to join if they decided to break from the UK.

Nothing to do with your post, but may I mention your avatar is thoroughly distracting? *grumble*
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-24 09:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry all of UK will soon leave the Euro Cup too!
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-24 09:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not before you!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-24 09:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Ramyrez said: »
I'm aware, and generally don't consider myself a millennial,
Be a proud Gen X/Y - we actually played outside as kids, dipped our cookies in the bath tub, scraped our knees, fell off of trees, dug up worms, didn't get sent home from school for playing cops and robbers and saying that girls had coodies.

The fate of the universe rests on our shoulders.

Millenials are the children of Gen Xers lol. Apparently you guys didn't like playing outside or getting hurt because you instilled in your children the values that are held by the current youth.

Do children grow up in bubbles or something?
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-24 09:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That's partly down to changes in parenting rules, technology advancements etc. We played outside as children because there really wasn't anything to do at home. Kids these days talk to each other over watsapp while standing next to each other.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 09:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

All I know is the first time I heard about "free range parenting" I almost spit my drink out. When I grew up that was just called "parenting" and what people call "parenting" now was being a "helicopter parent" and it was the subject of scorn and derision.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 09:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 09:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-24 09:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes I wish lawn darts had finished the job on some of the people nostalgic for their childhoods.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 09:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Sometimes I wish lawn darts had finished the job on some of the people nostalgic for their childhoods.

I mean, maybe, I guess?

I dunno. There's a fine line there. Kids need to be outside and active more. They're fat at record rates. That's a bad thing.

At the same time, there's too much derision for technology among youth, as if these people wouldn't have played with this awesome stuff if it had been around when they were kids.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-24 09:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost like the answer is balance. Get your kids out of the house, raise your *** kids or just dont have them, eat health(ier), lead by example.

Why should your kid care about health when you've got another human worth in weight strapped to you?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-24 09:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to be that guy, but this seems to be nothing to do with Brexit.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 09:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
It's almost like the answer is balance. Get your kids out of the house, raise your *** kids or just dont have them, eat health(ier), lead by example.

Why should your kid care about health when you've got another human worth in weight strapped to you?

There's layers upon layers of *** across generations that got us to this point. It's really frustrating the way older individuals are derisive toward millennials, as if they had no part in raising these kids to have the things they identify as negative traits...

...that's just life though, I guess. It's happened before.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-24 09:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Forgive me for shitting your thread up.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 09:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Yeah, that's true enough. Derivative of the conversation and your own point though with the younger generation lacking representation in coverage.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-24 09:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
How do they get this information if the votes are supposedly anonymous?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 09:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Polls Largely, they normally have a poll after an election about what people wanted.
and cross reference it with information online etc.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 10:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
How do they get this information if the votes are supposedly anonymous?

Exit polling, most likely? Voting itself is anonymous but people still talk about it upon leaving?
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-24 10:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I guess, but I`d wager that the majority of the 60+ voters were in Bournemouth.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 10:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

the faces of the silent victims.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-24 10:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Those exit polls are really unfortunate, to see an older, uneducated generation vote suffering on a younger, educated generation is really sad. It looks like the EU is pissed, and wants the UK to get out sooner rather than later. And Scotland is all but leaving. Good luck with that, whoever the next UK PM is.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 28 29 30