BREXIT Just Happened...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-06-29 14:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Farage was the one who started this £350mil will go to the NHS bollocks in a TV interview not too sure on lolboris. After the leave vote won in another interview with Farage they asked him if he would indeed keep his promise, they knew he wouldnt actually be able to hence why they asked him, and he then said it was all a mistake. With what happened with him in the EU parliament I'm surprised he still has a job.

Like I pointed out above he doesn't have any sway over the government as the BNP has 1 seat in parliament and it's not even him.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-29 14:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »
So they aren't even hiding their intention anymore?

They aren't gonna make any kind of deal with the UK unless they allow open migration? Why is that feature No. 1 in all possible talks/deals?

Why is that the forefront of all negotiations? Why does that top every other important factor that could involve different nations interacting? There's no deeper reason? Its really about bringing in loads of refugees now? "UK you aren't getting squat till you take loads like the rest of us have been"?

I'm trying to maintain at least a somewhat impartial view but the direction of these interactions is beginning to make me scratch my head. Its getting difficult to doubt that there's an agenda.

If they want full access to the single free market, yes, they get to abide by the rules already set out,

If they want different access, then that is where negotiation begins.

But -this has been stressed- no negotiations begin until article 50 has been triggered.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-29 14:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Also this is not about refugees, but about EU nationals.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-29 14:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Felt like the interpretation was 350M was gonna go to the NHS a week instead of the EU. But I think the intent was to have a fraction go to NHS and rest to other projects. And with the political mess that's happened it wasn't conveyed properly or was intentionally misleading
The 350 million was an incorrect number to begin with as many stated before the election. As far as I know they walked back on that number last weekend.

I think it was more "what if..." statement that many gelt was a promise.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-29 15:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Len, I just have to ask, what's running through your mind at the moment? I can't help but make light of this at the moment.

Tut-tut! Schlechte planung und keine vorsorge, Britannien. Ich will nicht karten mit lowen zu spielen. Sie brullen laut, aber noch nicht gelernt, was gelegt ist gelegt. Fauspieler!
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-06-29 15:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Bit late for this but it was only Nigel Farage that commented that the money was going to the NHS. Seriously anyone who believes anything that idiot comes out with needs their head checking. Apart from the fact he holds no real sway over where any money goes in the country and he has what 1 MP in parliament and it's not even Farage himself.

This sooner he gets out of politics the better he really does nothing for the country but costs us money with his wage.

It was the official campaign that threw around the £350million number, not Farage. Farage's one was using a picture of refugees passing through Eastern Europe with the slogan "Breaking Point" or some BS like that. The man is an idiot, and just as bad as the rest of them who he claims to be fighting against.

It's hardly surprising people bought into it when we've been programmed to take everything politicians say as gospel for years. Maybe the best thing to come from all of this will be people will actually question what they are told for a change.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-06-29 15:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Bit late for this but it was only Nigel Farage that commented that the money was going to the NHS. Seriously anyone who believes anything that idiot comes out with needs their head checking. Apart from the fact he holds no real sway over where any money goes in the country and he has what 1 MP in parliament and it's not even Farage himself.

This sooner he gets out of politics the better he really does nothing for the country but costs us money with his wage.

It was the official campaign that threw around the £350million number, not Farage. Farage's one was using a picture of refugees passing through Eastern Europe with the slogan "Breaking Point" or some BS like that. The man is an idiot, and just as bad as the rest of them who he claims to be fighting against.

It's hardly surprising people bought into it when we've been programmed to take everything politicians say as gospel for years. Maybe the best thing to come from all of this will be people will actually question what they are told for a change.

No Farage was talking about it during an interview a while before the referendum. I believe he also had it on his bus as well.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-06-29 15:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't aware of that, but it doesn't surprise me. To be honest, I didn't pay any attention to the campaigns at all because both sides were full of ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-06-29 15:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Len, I just have to ask, what's running through your mind at the moment? I can't help but make light of this at the moment.

Tut-tut! Schlechte planung und keine vorsorge, Britannien. Ich will nicht karten mit lowen zu spielen. Sie brullen laut, aber noch nicht gelernt, was gelegt ist gelegt. Fauspieler!
I still have hope that this will be stopped, or more accurately that article 50 will never be triggered. Brexit is a lose-lose situation from the beginning. Taking part in the single market won't be without agreeing to the 4 basics freedoms, so I am not sure what they are even trying to gain.
With the best result possible they will end up saving a tiny bit of money but will not take part in any decissions anymore.
Exactly the opposite of the 'take back control' they campaigned with. But something worse is more likely.

Maybe a Bremain PM will come into power, calls a general election, runs a remain campaign and wins. That way they could have an informal second referendum after all the lies have now been exposed.
I am dissapointed in the youth for not going to vote in large numbers, but that is to be expected. It's similar to here for normal elections as well. I didn't like that there were so many undecided shortly before the referendum, they had 3 years to inform themselves.

As for the Brexit-ppl planning so slowly, it only helps a later remain. So I don't mind it as long as EU stays strong saying that there won't be any negotiations before triggering article 50.
I also don't like the saying by figure heads of the EU and national states: 'out is out'. It's so not like the usual EU.
The brittish people should have the chance to stay within if they themselves agree on a method to do so. (scottish veto, overwriting the referendum with a general election, or the parliament simply not agreeing to it.)

If they indeed decide to pull it through, we should divorce in the best way possible, while making a clear difference between a member and a non-member, so that the current EU friendly youth can join back at a later point.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-29 15:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
I also don't like the saying by figure heads of the EU and national states: 'out is out'. It's so not like the usual EU.
They don't want other countries to ride this momentum. The way they're treating UK is all to discourage others to follow suit.

(And also cause Juncker is a super bitchy guy)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-29 15:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Also this is not about refugees, but about EU nationals.

Makes more sense when you provide the details, thank you. Aren't multiple countries handing out visas and residency to the refugees- is it really then only about the previous EU nationals?

I wonder what the EU would be like right now if last year never happened sometimes.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-29 16:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »
I wonder what the EU would be like right now if last year never happened sometimes.
I suppose you mean the whole increase in immigration influx(which started way before 2015 anyway).

The far right movements would be much weaker.
Probably a couple of more countries would have finished negotiations to join the union.
Everyone would be focusing on economy more.
Spain would still be a shitshow.
By brexit 2016-06-29 16:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The left wing overplaying its hand is turning out to be a global mistake. Who knew!
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-06-29 16:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
They don't want other countries to ride this momentum. The way they're treating UK is all to discourage others to follow suit.

(And also cause Juncker is a super bitchy guy)
I understand their intention, but I think it is the wrong way. They should believe in their own negotiations. The result will make other countries not want to follow. Geert Wilders failed with the Nexit attempt yesterday already.

And yes, Juncker can be pretty bitchy when he feels betrayed, even when he is not drunk (which he is way too often!)
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-29 16:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have hope that this will be stopped, or more accurately that article 50 will never be triggered. Brexit is a lose-lose situation from the beginning. Taking part in the single market won't be without agreeing to the 4 basics freedoms, so I am not sure what they are even trying to gain.

With the best result possible they will end up saving a tiny bit of money but will not take part in any decissions anymore.
Exactly the opposite of the 'take back control' they campaigned with. But something worse is more likely.

Maybe a Bremain PM will come into power, calls a general election, runs a remain campaign and wins. That way they could have an informal second referendum after all the lies have now been exposed.
I am dissapointed in the youth for not going to vote in large numbers, but that is to be expected. It's similar to here for normal elections as well. I didn't like that there were so many undecided shortly before the referendum, they had 3 years to inform themselves.

As for the Brexit-ppl planning so slowly, it only helps a later remain. So I don't mind it as long as EU stays strong saying that there won't be any negotiations before triggering article 50.
The brittish people should have the chance to stay within if they themselves agree on a method to do so. (scottish veto, overwriting the referendum with a general election, or the parliament simply not agreeing to it.)

If they indeed decide to pull it through, we should divorce in the best way possible, while making a clear difference between a member and a non-member, so that the current EU friendly youth can join back at a later point.

I sincerely hope, for the sake of those who chose to stay, that this will be sorted. I am flabbergasted by the lack for foresight and quick about-faces.

The bolded in particular is looking bleak, but I might be a little to cynical.

I'm sorry, but admissions like this:

Wasn't aware of that, but it doesn't surprise me. To be honest, I didn't pay any attention to the campaigns at all because both sides were full of ***.

Make me feel terrible that the entire electorate might suffer. At minimum, two years while it was being drafted to bone up, and people whipped themselves into a frenzy in the last minute. My God! What does this say about instant gratification become a cultural norm?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-29 16:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Becoming*
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-29 16:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a lot of people voted out just to stick it to Cameron, but now they're regretting backing the wrong horse.

I know a few people personally who voted leave just because they think Cameron is a ***.
[+]
By Odinz 2016-06-29 16:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The way they're treating UK is all to discourage others to follow suit.
Pretty dumb strategy - considering the long history of Europeans killing each other and refusing to "bend the knee" - they've been watching too much GoT if they think they are the Targaryans and can scare others into staying. Its going to backfire, I'm already re-examining my own stance towards Germany and France - who made them King and Queen?
Didn't we just spend 350 years getting out of tyrants, emperors,dictators and monarchs?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-29 16:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
Germany and France Luxembourg - who made them King and Queen?
Ftfy.

As *** weird as that sounds.. <_<
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-29 16:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
I think a lot of people voted out just to stick it to Cameron, but now they're regretting backing the wrong horse.

I know a few people personally who voted leave just because they think Cameron is a ***.

Now, that it unfortunate. Was it last year that Cameron was reelected? It seemed fairly recent.
By fonewear 2016-06-29 16:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
The way they're treating UK is all to discourage others to follow suit.
Pretty dumb strategy - considering the long history of Europeans killing each other and refusing to "bend the knee" - they've been watching too much GoT if they think they are the Targaryans and can scare others into staying. Its going to backfire, I'm already re-examining my own stance towards Germany and France - who made them King and Queen?
Didn't we just spend 350 years getting out of tyrants, emperors,dictators and monarchs?

Just wait the next 350 years will be spent deciding which country in Europe can rule them all !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 16:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess Germany will become more like Germany circa 1939...
By Odinz 2016-06-29 16:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
My guess Germany will become more like Germany circa 1939...
I can't see current Germans ever falling for that ***again.
The French on the other hand...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 16:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-29 16:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, that it unfortunate. Was it last year that Cameron was reelected? It seemed fairly recent.
Yea, last may he was re-elected after the Consersative-Lib Dem coalition government was voted out.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-29 16:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, last may he was re-elected after the Consersative-Lib Dem coalition government was voted out.

Considering some of my families' opinions on Germany withdrawing from the EU years and years prior to this, it will be interesting seeing the wake through out Europe. It's already manifested itself in the Nexit and Dexit mentioned earlier.

There have been family members who would have a hearty laugh were Greece, Spain and Italy were left with their *** hanging in the wind. I can't vote in Germany, but my mother and aunt have been on the fence for quite a bit, as my grandfather has been smirking since his premonition is proving to be valid.
By fonewear 2016-06-29 17:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Greece last I heard they were seen floating into the Mediterranean Sea to avoid tax problems !
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-06-29 17:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Make me feel terrible that the entire electorate might suffer. At minimum, two years while it was being drafted to bone up, and people whipped themselves into a frenzy in the last minute. My God! What does this say about instant gratification become a cultural norm?

Sorry if I missunderstood your point, but when I say I didn't pay attention to the campaigns, what I mean is I spent the last 6 months reading independant information and made my decision based on that rather than listening to lies from both sides of the official campaigns.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-29 17:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now it seems like the priority has to be finding a leader for your country, because it is readily apparent to the rest of us that there is a complete vacuum at the top of the UK. This one guy is resigning, this other guy is being called on to resign, this other Trump like guy has completely vanished, and all we see is this idiot Farage going on interviews and giving speeches that are just completely absurd. All while the Royals are saying, why again aren't we a monarchy?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-29 17:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nigel Farage and the MEPs yesterday was pure gloating. Definitely can tell he has an axe to grind.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30