Idea Last Update In November!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Idea last update in November!
Idea last update in November!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-20 12:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Idea 1:

NEW Sky/Sea type-areas, not some 'new sky', devoid of all colour, although ironically it fits with the emptiness of which this game has become.

NEW instances, with similar systems to Limbus and/or Delve.

New Timed Spawn HNM, though in addition to being timed spawn, there is also a "???" in the area in which the HNM can also be forced spawned from some item obtained where ever the ****.

Idea 2:

Close servers come November and be done with it, this is the best thing that could happen to anyone, quite frankly.

At this point, idea 2 is more appropriate for the game.

Oh no it's the guy who wants to ruin it for the people who still play ffxi.

Rest assured, your final fantasy experience is already ruined, by the hands of it's own developers. You just haven't awaken from the Matrix and realized this yet.

Nah the game is at its best.

Oh quite, the population of this game would surely agree with you on that.

Yes the population of the people still playing
 Asura.Lukee
Server: Asura
By Asura.Lukee 2015-08-20 12:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Idea 1:

NEW Sky/Sea type-areas, not some 'new sky', devoid of all colour, although ironically it fits with the emptiness of which this game has become.

NEW instances, with similar systems to Limbus and/or Delve.

New Timed Spawn HNM, though in addition to being timed spawn, there is also a "???" in the area in which the HNM can also be forced spawned from some item obtained where ever the ****.

Idea 2:

Close servers come November and be done with it, this is the best thing that could happen to anyone, quite frankly.

At this point, idea 2 is more appropriate for the game.

Oh no it's the guy who wants to ruin it for the people who still play ffxi.

Rest assured, your final fantasy experience is already ruined, by the hands of it's own developers. You just haven't awaken from the Matrix and realized this yet.

Nah the game is at its best.

Oh quite, the population of this game would surely agree with you on that.

Yes the population of the people still playing

I'm sure a lot of people are in a similar situation as me. Whilst the game has changed, I don't have the same amount of time to play as I did 5 years ago.
It's a vastly different FFXI, but it's also nice to be able to jump on for an hour or two and lowman/solo some stuff. Those still playing clearly enjoy it too.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-20 12:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Also before square enix give up completely i would love they change the dev team and give a last try. They need new ideas, sometimes have the same people with the same thinking kill the creativy, cuz they have their ideas very pragmatic.

This isn't going to happen for the simple reason of them not wanting it to happen. They literally want to shut this game down, and leech whatever they can from the playerbase in the process of that. That is the harsh reality here.

This is why you're seeing terrible content, and things likes stupidly designed revamped Cursed Equipment. All in the effort to draw this out for every sweet drop it can get from the foolish subscribers, while using the least amount of work as possible.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-20 12:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't going to happen for the simple reason of them not wanting it to happen. They literally want to shut this game down, and leech whatever they can from the playerbase in the process of that. That is the harsh reality here.

This is why you're seeing terrible content, and things likes stupidly designed revamped Cursed Equipment. All in the effort to draw this out for every sweet drop it can get from the foolish subscribers, while using the least amount of work as possible.
I'm guessing you don't play anymore, because aside from a few flaws, recent content has been on the whole pretty great.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-20 12:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lukee said: »
Those still playing clearly enjoy it too.

I'm inclined to believe a fair portion still actively playing are hoping for good content in the future, and not actually enjoying what is being offered right now. Staying on top, so they'll be geared for when (hopefully) something good comes along, I imagine. I also imagine they'll be quite disappointed, though.

As for the rest well, I have no excuse for them.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-20 13:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

I'm guessing you don't play anymore, because aside from a few flaws, recent content has been on the whole pretty great.

More of the same zones with different colours, rehashed enemy galore, very few unique instances that aren't remotely challenging, unless the challenge is to endure the boredom, and awfully revamped cursed equipment. Cool content, bro.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-08-20 13:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Vagary, sinister reign, are the two last event SE release.
Both are pretty fine event.
Now SE need to continue on this way and release many content like this to allow us more fun for the next few years we gonna have on ffxi.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-20 13:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Also before square enix give up completely i would love they change the dev team and give a last try. They need new ideas, sometimes have the same people with the same thinking kill the creativy, cuz they have their ideas very pragmatic.

I would like to ask if you don't insult the people who's still playing or present insulting ideas such as closing server in nov. thanks in advance.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-08-20 13:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Idea for server merge
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-08-20 13:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to ask if you don't insult the people who's still playing or present insulting ideas such as closing server in nov. thanks in advance.

Just block him, he is just another guy fishing for the lulz.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-08-20 14:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lukee said: »
Those still playing clearly enjoy it too.

I'm inclined to believe a fair portion still actively playing are hoping for good content in the future, and not actually enjoying what is being offered right now. Staying on top, so they'll be geared for when (hopefully) something good comes along, I imagine. I also imagine they'll be quite disappointed, though.

As for the rest well, I have no excuse for them.

And this is what happens when you clearly don't play the game anymore: you lose touch with the playerbase and can only go off uninformed and biased assumptions.

Some people have come back specifically because they haven't played in a while and way to see the game at its end. Most of the ones I've helped lately have enjoyed the current content provided and the easing of restrictions. The ones that come back and leave again do so for the same reasons they left before.

Some of us that have stayed actually are enjoying the content provided and have friends to enjoy it with. I disagree with those wanting large group events or endgame LS again as that time has passed and those ideas are outdated for the current population. I don't even see the need for linkshells at all anymore since we have so many ways to communicate.

Anyone foolish enough to wait for future content like you think they are got impatient and left quite a while ago.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-20 14:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly highly doubt they would put in the effort it would take to add a whole new tier of ilvl. Honestly I'm hoping they adjust RME stats so that people simply have things to work towards once the patches end. I could possibly see them bringing RMEs up to 122 or so just to make them have more skill but I'm not holding out for it.

It is honestly sad how even Mythics, the best of the 3, are almost entirely outclassed currently.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-08-20 14:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
It is honestly sad how even Mythics, the best of the 3, are almost entirely outclassed currently.

I haven't been looking too hard at some of the new weapons. Which ones have you observed outclassing mythics?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-20 15:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »

I haven't been looking too hard at some of the new weapons. Which ones have you observed outclassing mythics?
The Blm and Sch staves are just straight beat even with AM up by the new Escha weapons, and usually lost to keraunos months ago. With current accuracy requirements you'll see a lot of the "benefit" AM3 gives on things like Koga and Tizona go down the drain. How useful is Yagrush in a Bst or Nuking setup. I could go on, there are very few good mythics left honestly, let alone ones actually worth the effort to get.

Out of all the mythics the only ones that even seem worthwhile anymore are Burt, Death Penalty, Aymur, and Nirvana.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-08-20 15:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The Blm and Sch staves are just straight beat even with AM up by the new Escha weapons, and usually lost to keraunos months ago. With current accuracy requirements you'll see a lot of the "benefit" AM3 gives on things like Koga and Tizona go down the drain. How useful is Yagrush in a Bst or Nuking setup. I could go on, there are very few good mythics left honestly, let alone ones actually worth the effort to get.

Out of all the mythics the only ones that even seem worthwhile anymore are Burt, Death Penalty, Aymur, and Nirvana.

Hmmm, I suspected as much but thanks for confirming it for me.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-20 15:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Vajra is unquestionably the best dagger for THF, having a much larger gap in potential compared to other weapon types. Both Ergons (if you count them as mythics) are also of extreme value to their jobs. It's true that some of the mythics are tied to mediocre bonuses and WSs, and those ones definitely start looking crappier when you can't even make use of AM3.

I don't own one, but I imagine Aymur is a grey area since you probably can't build TP/maintain aftermath (without even accounting for axe swapping) in the same situations where accuracy is an issue, in which case something as simple as Kerehcatl would suffice.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-20 15:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Aymur relies specifically on attacking to be useful however, Ready+1000 is double what you can aug with other axes. Once the update hits and Bsts have to melee you will probably not want to switch axes much which will make Aymur way more valuable. It also has passive attack boost for stats.

I considered Vajra to be borderline the best mythic before the Thf nerf because Mandalic Stab with +40% damage was insane, the nerf hurt not only the job pretty hard but also Vajra. Thankfully Thf has pretty good Accuracy so it doesn't have to worry much about losing an accuracy mainhand like Samurai does. It's kind of like Conq in my mind, sure Conq is probably still undoubtedly the best Gaxe but it's tied to not Blu/Sam so who really cares.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-20 15:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget about Terpsichore. Pyrrhic was the only common dagger WS to not be touched by the nerfs, and Terp escalates it into ridiculous territory. A mythic DNC is definitely in the top 2-3 DDs at the moment.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-20 15:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good point, I guess it'll depend on how the update plays out. I still see Aymur's TP Bonus as something you can't always make the most of if you're having accuracy/magic accuracy issues. A real BST who owns one would have better input on this than me though.

Mandalic Stab is still pretty potent, and short of major attack boosts/low defense enemies/3000% TP, it's at the same level or greater than Rudra's. Added bonus of being a Fusion WS (giving THF all level 2 SC options). The SA/TA bonus on Vajra is what makes it crap on all other knives due to WS damage still being the major contributor to THF's damage output, in spite of the reduction. Very true that THF has excellent accuracy options too.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-20 15:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Don't forget about Terpsichore. Pyrrhic was the only common dagger WS to not be touched by the nerfs, and Terp escalates it into ridiculous territory. A mythic DNC is definitely in the top 2-3 DDs at the moment.
I thought Dnc was going to be far and away the best DD after the nerf because of this. Pyrrhic not having a Light/Darkness property is extremely annoying however. Does not play well with others.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-20 16:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the SMNv2 Thread, Nirvana is only good as a precast staff now. Basically, it seems you precast in it for the Avatar lv+2 bonus, then switch to an augmented Espiritus.
From one of the posts:
Quote:
More testing this time with Fenrir Impact.

Impact with Espiritus 12,076

Impact with Nirvana into Espiritus swap 12,324

Impact with just Nirvana by itself 11,117
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46440/the-6th-ministrys-secret-a-summoners-guide-v2/16/#2949120
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-20 16:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
According to the SMNv2 Thread, Nirvana is only good as a precast staff now. Basically, it seems you precast in it for the Avatar lv+2 bonus, then switch to an augmented Espiritus.
RIP another mythic to Escha then.

Quote:
Gastraphetes should be good as well, if Death Penalty is good since they are the same WS just Trueflight is light based instead of dark based like Leaden, especially with all the gear from SR that ranger can equip a lot of which COR can not, which has very good MAB. Even before SR I talked to a ranger and he said it is a good mythic. I know cross bows aren't in favor but imo it is still a good mythic. It helps too you can macro in status effect bolts into the WS with no penalty to damage whatsoever if you use trueflight at the very least it gives RNG a very strong magical WS.
It mainly has to do with Darkness Affinity being easier to get (Pixie+1 essentially), Crossbows being pretty weak and having a large damage difference between something like Phaes, and Death Penalty having extra bonuses like QD. Hard to justify switching from Phaes+Jishnu to Gast+Trueflight.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2015-08-20 17:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

We become gods fighting in a new god onry world
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-20 17:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

This is false, for any physical BP or hybrid BP nirvana is way better, the escha staff is only better for Magical BP. There is a long line of staffs better for magical BP than nirvana this hasn't changed in a long time. The flaming crush numbers you see pappesse posting, like in the SR summoner thread, are only obtainable with nirvana. Those staves give pet MAB, which does nothing for physical bloodpacts whatsoever. Flaming crush works by multiplying the physical damage dealt as magic damage. BP damage from nirvana works on both ends of that (the physical and the magical) where as a magical staff will only work on the end magical portion.

It mainly has to do with Darkness Affinity being easier to get (Pixie+1 essentially), Crossbows being pretty weak and having a large damage difference between something like Phaes, and Death Penalty having extra bonuses like QD. Hard to justify switching from Phaes+Jishnu to Gast+Trueflight.

Well pixie +1 is nice but the new SR gear more than makes up for it imo. Phaes+Jishnu is great but not sure which would win, for some mobs magical WS are definitely superior though.

My mistake about Nirvana.