Idea Last Update In November!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Idea last update in November!
Idea last update in November!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-21 12:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you trying to accomplish with this bizarre aggression against the game?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-21 13:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
What are you trying to accomplish with this bizarre aggression against the game?

To save you all from experiencing a great sense of loss and regret. The regret part especially, all that wasted time on this game that wasn't even good will be quite painful. I fully expect you to understand me, when and if that time comes.

That being said, I would also feel great satisfaction if you go through and see this game to the very end, to inevitably feel the regret. Something on the lines of "I told you so".

I'm weird like that.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-21 13:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

To save you all from experiencing a great sense of loss and regret. The regret part especially, all that wasted time on this game that wasn't even good will be quite painful. I fully expect you to understand me, when and if that time comes.

That being said, I would also feel great satisfaction if you go through and see this game to the very end, to inevitably feel the regret. Something on the lines of "I told you so".

I'm weird like that.
So, you regret having played the game, but not spending time loitering on a forum of said game, waiting for a collective outpouring of regret from the community? A savior such as yourself could surely do better things in this world.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-08-21 13:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
I think as last update they could put a decent game progression and turn in FFXI into what it should be: an offline game.
I agree.

Do you think they'll be done coding gambits by November?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-08-21 13:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm weird like that.

If you had fun doing something then it never was for nothing and you should not feel regret. While I agree with your erks on the way the developers are handling the end it kinda seems your trolling with how hard your going at this. FFxi is fun, But it gets boring quickly without friends and with the current endgames best items revolving around luck it kinda makes me not even want to try, especially since they announced the game is dead after Nov and are still gonna charge their player base.

Games needs separate servers (NA,EU,JP), a lower sub and a stronger approach to each job's abilities (GW2 Approach where all jobs are self sustaining)
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-21 13:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Hi. Everyone involved in this needs to take a deep breath. Go on, I'll wait.

There. Isn't that better?

FFXI is still providing fun for people. Just because you aren't a fan of the current content, doesn't mean no one is. There's no point in coming in here just to mess with people. There's ways to discuss the home stretch frankly and honestly that don't devolve into snipping and insults.

That said, while Kenrusai isn't going to be mistaken for a diplomat any time soon, he's right in that they're kinda limping towards the finish line. Expecting big changes now is, in terms of unwarranted optimism, roughly equivalent to panning for gold in the shower.

Play nice, or I start handing out topicbans (or more, if that's what it takes).

I don't mind his opinion but he saying dumb things like shut down server in November. He obviously is butt hurt and tries to get us to stop doing the thing we enjoy .

It would be best for everyone if they quit sooner rather than waiting for the inevitable. This game has distracted you, and consumed your money long enough, these developers just aren't worth that anymore.

I can kind of understand people can still find enjoyment in this game, for now, but come November? The thought of there being any enjoyment to be had in a dead MMO baffles me, paid no less. Unless of course they implemented some serious fun, challenging and lasting content, but we can all draw an accurate assumption that isn't going to happen.

Come the day the servers truly close, you will be left with nothing but emptiness, and regret. I don't say this directly to you, but as a general statement, the impact will vary from person to person. I can list a few people I feel will take it hard. Why go on to experience that, when you could finish up, and be done with it? Don't allow them to throw you out, leave on your terms, and don't allow me the satisfaction of saying to you "you should have listened to me".

This game has already provided me great entertainment for 12.95 a month. I'm sorry to hear you can't afford 12.95 to play this wonderful masterpiece. May you enjoy the free to play mmos.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-08-21 13:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Games needs separate servers (NA,EU,JP), a lower sub and a stronger approach to each job's abilities (GW2 Approach where all jobs are self sustaining)
They could easily use SEE's HQ and Eidos Montréal to host the out of Japan servers.

Yet, they haven't done it and rightfully so as it is a straight loss with no gain what so ever coming out of it.

They're just now considering making EU servers for FFXIV. You know, the game that is less complicated to handle and actually makes money.

The lower sub part is within the realm of reality, however. It's perfectly fine for them to lower the subscription to either 0 or 6$ max. I don't know if they'll do it though as the game went from niche to "super niche" and the people paying for it nowadays are, I don't have any other word in mind, "puppets". By puppet, they know that the people paying right now will keep paying no matter what and this for several years into the future.

As for being self sustaining, for what purpose? They created Trusts to remove this need. They moved the game in the FFXII direction, and it was a very good thing.

They need to stop making events that require more than 3/6 people, or to simply uncap/ungate every single event no matter what design they give said event. Then, they need to keep improving the 1/3 players status of the game.

When I came back to the game months ago, the main issue I noticed is that the game isn't designed toward its population. It doesn't encourage people to keep playing and a game should never encourage you to switch server, it's bad business model.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-08-21 13:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm weird like that.

Have you never heard of people playing a single player game over and over again for various reasons? Why the hell is it too hard for you to grasp the fact that there are people who will still have goals to accomplish after November or who simply likes chilling out in the game they love after a long day at work? Only argument from you that I can take seriously is the monthly fee, but even that can't go any further than pure speculation for now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shinun
Server: Fenrir
user: Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-08-21 13:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Guild Wars stopped getting content in what 2010? I still play it and so does alot of others. The only difference is Monthly Fees. But even so, I can see FFXI being lively still 5+ years afterwards just like GW1 is now
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-21 13:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm weird like that.
So, you regret having played the game, but not spending time loitering on a forum of said game, waiting for a collective outpouring of regret from the community? A savior such as yourself could surely do better things in this world.

I mean, it hardly takes awhile to make a few posts here and there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-21 13:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI is still providing fun for people. Just because you aren't a fan of the current content, doesn't mean no one is. There's no point in coming in here just to mess with people. There's ways to discuss the home stretch frankly and honestly that don't devolve into snipping and insults.

That said, while Kenrusai isn't going to be mistaken for a diplomat any time soon, he's right in that they're kinda limping towards the finish line. Expecting big changes now is, in terms of unwarranted optimism, roughly equivalent to panning for gold in the shower.

I don't mind his opinion but he saying dumb things like shut down server in November. He obviously is butt hurt and tries to get us to stop doing the thing we enjoy .

It would be best for everyone if they quit sooner rather than waiting for the inevitable. This game has distracted you, and consumed your money long enough, these developers just aren't worth that anymore.

I can kind of understand people can still find enjoyment in this game, for now, but come November? The thought of there being any enjoyment to be had in a dead MMO baffles me, paid no less. Unless of course they implemented some serious fun, challenging and lasting content, but we can all draw an accurate assumption that isn't going to happen.

Come the day the servers truly close, you will be left with nothing but emptiness, and regret. I don't say this directly to you, but as a general statement, the impact will vary from person to person. I can list a few people I feel will take it hard. Why go on to experience that, when you could finish up, and be done with it? Don't allow them to throw you out, leave on your terms, and don't allow me the satisfaction of saying to you "you should have listened to me".

This game has already provided me great entertainment for 12.95 a month. I'm sorry to hear you can't afford 12.95 to play this wonderful masterpiece. May you enjoy the free to play mmos.

The money is far from the main issue.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-21 13:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

I'm weird like that.

Have you never heard of people playing a single player game over and over again for various reasons? Why the hell is it too hard for you to grasp the fact that there are people who will still have goals to accomplish after November or who simply likes chilling out in the game they love after a long day at work? Only argument from you that I can take seriously is the monthly fee, but even that can't go any further than pure speculation for now.
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

I'm weird like that.

Single Player games are designed and centred around being single player, an MMO, is not.

edit: ops dbl quote, cba fix

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-21 14:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I believe it is entirely fruitless to argue with Kenny-G-rusai over this issue.

I for one will enjoy playing and he can enjoy quitting.

Please don't, your regret will make me feel both bad and good.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-21 14:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The money is far from the main issue.

It's ok no need to deny. We understand.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-21 14:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

@Rooks, does this really need to continue?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-21 14:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Agreed.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-21 14:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I've just been otherwise occupied. Backreading now.

---

Kenrusai topicbanned.

It should be noted that he was being civil after the warning, so it's less about his behavior and more that the topic apparently couldn't proceed with him around. If people continue to veer off, more topicbans/etc will follow.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-21 14:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No worries.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-21 14:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It would have been cooler at 75 but I still think that a sub sub job would be interesting.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-21 14:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

---

Kenrusai topicbanned.

It should be noted that he was being civil after the warning, so it's less about his behavior and more that the topic apparently couldn't proceed with him around. If people continue to veer off, more topicbans/etc will follow.

Thank you rook
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-08-21 14:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

make Escha soloable i hate waiting months to get my ***in groups..... ugh

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-21 15:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It would have been cooler at 75 but I still think that a sub sub job would be interesting.

I used to wish for this all the time in 75 days. Wanted DW so bad, but didn't want to be forced to /nin.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-08-21 15:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Turning the game into a multiplayer (2-4 players) offline game where you can actually share/download your characters would be the death of me, but I'd love it.

It would even be cooler to start over and decide how far to progress into the game contents, allowing players to always find the right event for the right level. I still remember when I first entered my first lvl cap BCNMs for leaping boots and stuff like that. Those were the days...
[+]