The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-08-19 08:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Just a reminder that although Keraunos>Nirvana for magical bp's nirvana is still kept on for 1 second before being swapped out to Keraunos for the +2 level bonus and slight extra damage. I just cant confirm if still get the macc for it.

I have tested this extensively and proved on multiple occasions that this does not work. It may have worked in the past, but it doesn't right now. Another Summoner in game thought it worked this way as well, and when I told him, he tested it and realized the same.

If you could provide numbers or a more detailed test case, I would appreciate it.

Quote:
But what is the mathematical explanation for this though?

Because the large boost to physical damage for Flaming Crush is too good. The MATK bonus from Keraunos is great, but since the magical damage dealt is based on the physical damage dealt, and the Blood Pact damage affects both the physical and magical... yes, it's better. On top of all of that, it gives attack/accuracy/main stats, and now that we find out magic accuracy plays a role, it helps that too.

If all of that wasn't enough, there is Aftermath, which helps the overall damage a lot. Any increase in physical damage will just scale the overall damage immensely.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-08-19 09:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Quote:
Just a reminder that although Keraunos>Nirvana for magical bp's nirvana is still kept on for 1 second before being swapped out to Keraunos for the +2 level bonus and slight extra damage. I just cant confirm if still get the macc for it.

I have tested this extensively and proved on multiple occasions that this does not work. It may have worked in the past, but it doesn't right now. Another Summoner in game thought it worked this way as well, and when I told him, he tested it and realized the same

I'm not sure if they changed this recently, but when I tested it back in June this did work.
At least on the merit Blood pacts.

I'll throw out some tests again tonight.

[edit]
Yep, seems they fixed that.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-08-19 09:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since I don't have a Nirvana (...and that one is lower priority than some) I'm puttering right along with JSE, a Keraunos that has MACC and Siphon, and a stupid Tumafyrig because God knows I can't get anything else to drop, plus yay skill.

Is Flaming Crush really the best bet for the Seasky Caturae? I mention this because against the ones that don't seem to want me to cycle damage types, it was dealing fairly consistent damage, even above others who generally work better for me.

(Well, Fenrir, but Impact paints a giant bullseye on his fuzzy head.)

Note: I don't use gearswap, so I have 857 server side gearsets and a couple macro books set aside here, so if anyone has ways to maximize my efficiency using those it'd be awesome.
 Sylph.Gutsu
Server: Sylph
user: Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2015-08-19 21:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tests that i have done in this thread couple pages back. I'll do some tests again and see if still works.

Just tested and seems to be working for me still guys.

Heavenly Strike with Espiritus 13,347

Heavenly Strike with Nirvana into Espi swap 13,541

I did multiple nukes kept getting same numbers. Also remember this does not work with netherblast from diabolos incase you guys did test with that bp.

More testing this time with Fenrir Impact.

Impact with Espiritus 12,076

Impact with Nirvana into Espiritus swap 12,324

Impact with just Nirvana by itself 11,117

So go back and do tests again because this is definitely still working for me. Didnt just do 1~2 nukes i did a good 7~8 nukes of each test and kept getting same numbers. The only time i dont use the +2 level swap is during my astral conduit using magic bp because me miss timing my macro could end up with me doing the nuke with nirvana instead of espiritus so i just keep on alluvion/espi whole time during 1hour. I dont use gear swap or any other programs or it might be easier for me to take advantage of the +2 level swap during astral conduit for magic bp's. I will see if i can have Shadowlina from ls take screenshots of the numbers just to prove the damage.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-20 11:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There's the reference.
ItemSet 337251

I am not a smn don't ask me anything T_T

Unedited photo's here

Heavenly strike with Espiritus only.

Heavenly strike with swap.

Impact with Espiritus

Impact with Swap.

Nirvana Only
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-08-20 12:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Are these Blood Pacts being executed at 0 or 3000 Pet TP?
 Sylph.Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2015-08-20 13:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I put away the caller's neck so that i would not gain any tp for the avatar before nuke. Only tp im getting is from merits/gear. Also mana cede is not being used this is just normal nuke with no tp or abilities. Im at 622 jp's so still dont have the extra mab with the 980 gift for more damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2015-08-20 14:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you getting your .lua to appropriately do the switch from Nirvana > Espiritus? I assume basic pre-cast/mid-cast is not the answer to this?

Also, eventually to get the full benefit of the -BPII we'd have to do Esp. > Nirvana > Esp. (should SE fix the BP timers)?
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2015-08-20 14:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie said: »
How are you getting your .lua to appropriately do the switch from Nirvana > Espiritus? I assume basic pre-cast/mid-cast is not the answer to this?

He stated above he is just using equipsets. You'd want pet midcast to use espiritus and leave nirvana on before that I'd assume.

It wasn't directed to any one person, sorry. I just knew the larger SMN community as a whole has been switching staves with a Nirvana build and wanted to see how they were doing it.

I'll give your idea a try and play with the sets from there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon
By Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon 2015-08-24 01:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gutsu said: »
I have tests that i have done in this thread couple pages back. I'll do some tests again and see if still works.

I did multiple nukes kept getting same numbers. Also remember this does not work with netherblast from diabolos incase you guys did test with that bp.

So go back and do tests again because this is definitely still working for me. Didnt just do 1~2 nukes i did a good 7~8 nukes of each test and kept getting same numbers. The only time i dont use the +2 level swap is during my astral conduit using magic bp because me miss timing my macro could end up with me doing the nuke with nirvana instead of espiritus so i just keep on alluvion/espi whole time during 1hour. I dont use gear swap or any other programs or it might be easier for me to take advantage of the +2 level swap during astral conduit for magic bp's. I will see if i can have Shadowlina from ls take screenshots of the numbers just to prove the damage.

The test i did was much more direct. a macro that equips/unequips nirvana and does /checkparam without any delay in between. Using this to check, we lose the atk and acc values from the +2 levels immediately.

You should also test with netherblast. it's a much more precise BP.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-08-24 02:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny part bout that is that it never worked with Nether Blast.
 Carbuncle.Doryll
Server: Carbuncle
user: Smacks
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2015-08-24 02:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello !
Is someone have a good gearswap file with no trouble ? Because mine seems have troubles with swapping gear for BP, and i don't know how fix it.
Thanks if you can share it.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2015-08-24 18:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
Funny part bout that is that it never worked with Nether Blast.

Yes but I also know that the stat boost from the +2 levels does infer a slight damage boost (presumably from the +int, probably level correction, or both?) to nether blast but it's only like 10-20 damage above the norm. So precasting in nirvana on netherblast should have an effect on it if precasting nirvana were true.

which leads me to believe that the +2 levels gives -no- magic attack and that when swapping nirvana we lose the +2 levels and all associated stat boosts immediately.
 Sylph.Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2015-08-24 20:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie said: »

Also, eventually to get the full benefit of the -BPII we'd have to do Esp. > Nirvana > Esp. (should SE fix the BP timers)?

I dont use gearswap but i have been thinking of getting it for sch because at the moment there are certain things i cant properly do on sch without the use of gearswap. But if you want to know the macro i use my macros are on page 7 of this forum back when i first showed the +2 level swap. Macro is still same one i use just with couple different gears now.
 Sylph.Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2015-08-24 21:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon said: »

The test i did was much more direct. a macro that equips/unequips nirvana and does /checkparam without any delay in between. Using this to check, we lose the atk and acc values from the +2 levels immediately.

If you actually read my whole post you would have noticed that i already said that it does not work with netherblast of course i know its a more precise bp. Infact the first time i tried this was with diabolos and because of it i didnt do any further testing till way later as i mentioned earlier in this thread. I dont care about losing attack and acc values on a magic based nuke unless you were actually talking about mag attack and macc values.I already proved in the pictures above that im getting damage increase for the swap. Only thing i cant prove is if we are infact keeping the macc from the +2 swap. There is no stronger weapon for physical bp's than nirvana so there is no need to worry about losing attack and acc values swaping out nirvana because you would never do that in the first place on a physical based bloodpact.
 Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon
By Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon 2015-08-25 16:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon said: »

If you actually read my whole post you would have noticed that i already said that it does not work with netherblast of course i know its a more precise bp. Infact the first time i tried this was with diabolos and because of it i didnt do any further testing till way later as i mentioned earlier in this thread. I dont care about losing attack and acc values on a magic based nuke unless you were actually talking about mag attack and macc values.I already proved in the pictures above that im getting damage increase for the swap. Only thing i cant prove is if we are infact keeping the macc from the +2 swap. There is no stronger weapon for physical bp's than nirvana so there is no need to worry about losing attack and acc values swaping out nirvana because you would never do that in the first place on a physical based bloodpact.

And i'm saying that Thru both the checkparam test and thru it not having an effect on netherblast, it almost certainly should not have an effect on magical bloodpacts to precast in nirvana. It already shows that there is no MAB, No stats, and No +2 level modifiers that persist past unequipping the staff.

Single pictures with undefined parameters makes an absolutely shitty confirmation on anything. Come back when you've tested it and recorded 10, 50 and 100 or more pacts within a controlled and specific repeatable situation.
[+]
 Asura.Prophecyy
By Asura.Prophecyy 2015-08-27 18:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Asura.Prophecyy said: »
Can anyone please give me a firm confirmation that Conveyance Cape can be augmented up to Blood Pact DMG+5? I've burned wayyyyyy too many refraction crystals and seem to only see +4, yet the bgwiki says it can go up to +5.

Does anyone actually have an augmented cape with +5?

Merci.

Yes. My cape has BP DMG+5.

Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!1111
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon
By Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon 2015-08-27 19:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Can anyone please give me a firm confirmation that Conveyance Cape can be augmented up to Blood Pact DMG+5? I've burned wayyyyyy too many refraction crystals and seem to only see +4, yet the bgwiki says it can go up to +5.

Does anyone actually have an augmented cape with +5?

Merci.

Yes. My cape has BP DMG+5.

Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!1111
I swear to god, all that *** does is just funnel the aug stats into enmity.
[+]
By minikomby 2015-08-28 13:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

1200 jp, iba just me or our max delay for bp is 29 seconds with last gift?

I got 1200 yesterday and I. Kinda disappointed about that... 1200 is a lot of work just to get something we can research with gears
By minikomby 2015-08-28 13:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the augments for espiritus?
By Nocki 2015-08-28 13:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
What are the augments for espiritus?
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Nolan
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-08-28 13:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

so what do you guys think of the apogee set?

apogee crown
apogee dalmatica
apogee mitts
apogee slacks
apogee pumps

apogee crown +1
apogee dalmatica +1
apogee mitts +1
apogee slacks +1
apogee pumps +1
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-08-28 17:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Main reason to post was to ask, Pet Haste is like equipment haste and limited to 26% right?
Yes unless this has changed recently, it caps at 26%.

Moepapa Stone, Rimeice, Thurandaut, and Penetrating Cape add up to 13% at extremely low opportunity cost (none of them cost you refresh except the Moepapa Stone when you're under 50% mp).

Personally, my avatar melee build is sitting at 25% total, with the 13% I mentioned plus Helios Gloves & Boots with pet:haste+6 da+8 acc+20~25 each. The other main slots are Beck Horn +1, Shomon +1, and Assiduity +1 for the bulk of my refresh in that set.

And honestly these days I spend more time in my "full refresh" build than this build, which gives up the Helios Gloves for Asteria+1, and trades Helios Boots for a pair of Telchine I made that have perp-4 and pet:haste+4 on them since unfortunately I need the perp. So really most of the time I'm only at 12-17% haste from gear depending on if my MP is low enough for Fucho-no-obi.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Doryll
Server: Carbuncle
user: Smacks
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2015-08-28 23:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody use a gearswap file ? i tested equipset, but i don't have access to all BP with my macros.. so i don't like this.

Thank you to share.
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-08-29 01:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHqmg0nJfpIMW9wUDFKVzl4MW8/view?usp=sharing
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 149 150 151