Idea Last Update In November!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Idea last update in November!
Idea last update in November!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-08-20 17:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Siren.Sandraa said: »
Also before square enix give up completely i would love they change the dev team and give a last try. They need new ideas, sometimes have the same people with the same thinking kill the creativy, cuz they have their ideas very pragmatic.

This isn't going to happen for the simple reason of them not wanting it to happen. They literally want to shut this game down, and leech whatever they can from the playerbase in the process of that. That is the harsh reality here.

This is why you're seeing terrible content, and things likes stupidly designed revamped Cursed Equipment. All in the effort to draw this out for every sweet drop it can get from the foolish subscribers, while using the least amount of work as possible.

I would like to ask if you don't insult the people who's still playing or present insulting ideas such as closing server in nov. thanks in advance.

Just block him, he is just another guy fishing for the lulz.

But he is right.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-20 17:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Also before square enix give up completely i would love they change the dev team and give a last try. They need new ideas, sometimes have the same people with the same thinking kill the creativy, cuz they have their ideas very pragmatic.

This isn't going to happen for the simple reason of them not wanting it to happen. They literally want to shut this game down, and leech whatever they can from the playerbase in the process of that. That is the harsh reality here.

This is why you're seeing terrible content, and things likes stupidly designed revamped Cursed Equipment. All in the effort to draw this out for every sweet drop it can get from the foolish subscribers, while using the least amount of work as possible.

I would like to ask if you don't insult the people who's still playing or present insulting ideas such as closing server in nov. thanks in advance.

But he is right.

A few people disagreed. He is right is your opinion. Besides never heard of "no nice things to say don't say it?"
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-20 19:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SE said a while bk the final 3 updates iirc? And... it's been like 5 of them since. Idr exact wording but I don't think, any longer, that Nov. is The End.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-20 19:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
SE said long time ago the final 3 updates iirc? And... it's been like 5 of them since. Idr exact wording but I don't think, any longer, that Nov. is The End.

No, they said that Rhapsodies of Vana’diel would be its last story expansion, and it would be divided into three separate updates, in May, August, and November. After the final update in November, no further content updates are planned, only bug patches and game balancing, and then the removal of XBox360/PS2 support in March.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-20 19:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong but....
Quote:
no further content updates are planned, only bug patches and game balancing
I thought that was our interpretation. Not exactly what SE stated? I can't be bothered to find that SE thread or w/e. I just recall debate was heavy cuz SE own words were contradicting one statement to the next. I don't recall all that being said exactly as you stated.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-20 19:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This is taken from their official translation of the Conference
Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XI's major version updates will conclude with the implementation of the final chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, but there will continue to be minor version updates that address bugs and contain various balance adjustments.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46414

I guess it all depends on what they mean by "various balance adjustments. That can be anything from small tweaks to enmity, to revamping the magic damage formulas.

Edit:: Don't get me wrong. I would like to see SE to continue to support the game for another 2-3 years with small updates, containing UI revamps, further JP and merit cap increases. They seem to have been doing a lot of small Windows UI revamps for the game just to die out in a year tops.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-20 19:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So what is Sept update a major version update or a minor one? I thought I also recalled them claiming final "three updates" somewheres amongst those talks. Idk tbh I just wouldn't be surprised if Nov is not The End after all.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2015-08-20 19:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it'll probably never happen, but I really hope they make an unrestricted Player vs Monster area for Monstrosity.

Would be nice to fight people in my linkshell as a mon without being completely overpowered.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-08-20 21:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
So what is Sept update a major version update or a minor one? I thought I also recalled them claiming final "three updates" somewheres amongst those talks. Idk tbh I just wouldn't be surprised if Nov is not The End after all.

They said that they would be adding GEO/RUN emotes as an example of what they could do past NOV. I wouldn't be surprised if we get something extra here and there but nothing major. Maybe a high tier fight every three months or so (they said they wanna have updates every two months or so, mainly bug fixes/adjustments.) I can't imagine high tier fights taking too many resources and maybe they could add vanity equips somehow but we'll see.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-08-20 22:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They said they are adding some more Geas Fete as well. I'm surmising that it will be for the einherjar abjuration upgrade.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-20 22:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
They said they are adding some more Geas Fete as well. I'm surmising that it will be for the einherjar abjuration upgrade.

Those were already added. All abj upgraded have been done.

Sorry, thought you meant the VW/Legion set. Forgot about the Einherjar set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-20 23:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh dear lord, I really can't help but find amusement in this wishful thinking, I'm sorry, really. The clinging to dear life for this game is simply delicious. Nothing is coming after November guys, nothing. Bugs and balances, while I don't even see the point in that come when everything becomes a playfield of nothingness, is all you're getting.

Hell, even in this little time frame where you are promised content, all you're getting is lazy and lousy revamped junk. And you hope for content when they've declared there won't be any further? You're mad.

Stop being crazy, guys.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-20 23:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

On an outgoing note, and it's minor I guess, but they used already existing variations of wyrms for those escha battles? Seriously? I mean jesus how hard is it to change to colour scheme and finally give us a wind wyrm, or something.

Nope. You get a damn Jormungund and Tiamat, changing them to blue or green is too hard. We'll go ahead and make sky and zi'tah grey for you guys though, gotta have some 'new' stuff in there I guess.

Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-20 23:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ilvl 119 fights against Maat. Beating all gives you an ilvl Maats Cap, with still like Quint attack +4, haste+8, WS damage+10,
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-20 23:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh dear lord, I really can't help but find amusement in this wishful thinking, I'm sorry, really. The clinging to dear life for this game is simply delicious. Nothing is coming after November guys, nothing. Bugs and balances, while I don't even see the point in that come when everything becomes a playfield of nothingness, is all you're getting.

Hell, even in this little time frame where you are promised content, all you're getting is lazy and lousy revamped junk. And you hope for content when they've declared there won't be any further? You're mad.

Stop being crazy, guys.

Why don't you go tell the people playing lotto that they not going to hit the lotto and stop playing.
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
Server: Ragnarok
user: Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2015-08-20 23:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

But he is right.

A few people disagreed. He is right is your opinion. Besides never heard of "no nice things to say don't say it?"

Grow thicker skin, seriously.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-20 23:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi. Everyone involved in this needs to take a deep breath. Go on, I'll wait.

There. Isn't that better?

FFXI is still providing fun for people. Just because you aren't a fan of the current content, doesn't mean no one is. There's no point in coming in here just to mess with people. There's ways to discuss the home stretch frankly and honestly that don't devolve into snipping and insults.

That said, while Kenrusai isn't going to be mistaken for a diplomat any time soon, he's right in that they're kinda limping towards the finish line. Expecting big changes now is, in terms of unwarranted optimism, roughly equivalent to panning for gold in the shower.

Play nice, or I start handing out topicbans (or more, if that's what it takes).
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-08-21 06:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Personally, I enjoy reading for the hidden gems written into the game. A questline like the 4 sky seperent generals which people have just never done is an enjoyable use of time if I want to relax.
Strange to say, but I hated how they tied this questline into obtaining some trusts. Not because it wasn't good, but it felt like the story it told was its own reward. Just didn't sit right to think of a bunch of people mashing enter just so they could get the reward and not caring about the other stuff.

I like the little touches that have no impact on your character that you can do. Sure, it might just be that smug feeling of thinking "I care more than you do" but I can't help it.

Or maybe it is just feeling overprotective of the Serpent Generals quest by itself. I had to rescue two of them so I could advance the story.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-21 06:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
SE has already released their intent to continue the Vana'diel world and game including what they are developing now on mobile and tablet platforms, how long the desktop version will run and what will happen to character data once the mobile is launched (which they have also hinted will be done in stages going through re-releasing each expansion) has not been disclosed but they did say they may not move character data. The game could never shut down if that's what SE wants heck I heard Ultima Online still has (a single) developer and is alive.

The only thing I don't understand is the people that somehow seem personally injured by the way the game took course, hating not just the game but the people that still play it, blaming SE and people that don't agree with their view or take the same stance as them for what has been taken away from them. It is incredibly immature to come on here and attack people that play or try to crush any joy or hope out of people that have it, and on top of that incredibly petty. Nothing will stop you from doing it of course but is adding more pain to the world really going to solve your problems or give you back what was taken from you? It never has before so I don't expect it to start being that way any time soon. I wish we could respectfully disagree, state our opinions on the game and it's prior and future course freely without attacking other people, and just enjoy the game and the community because that's what at least I and many others are here to do.

Final Fantasy XI has impassioned many people very strongly, since it came out and even now just reading this thread there are many passionate feelings about the game and what happened to it and how it is now, and two opposing sides and everything in between. People care, a lot, and it has given many different things to many different people and I'm glad I have had the privileged to experience it in my life I am left grateful. The people I met, how they impacted my life, the story and characters and how they impacted my life, and the things it has taught me aboutg pushing yourself, focus and dedication, resource management, strategy, statistics, teamwork, leadership, community and just how different and unique we all are I will take with me till the day I die and those are the things I cherish and am grateful to FFXI for.

Well said verda
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-08-21 06:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bleublood said: »

But he is right.

Grow thicker skin, seriously.

Grow beard, then come again.
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-08-21 06:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
SE has already released their intent to continue the Vana'diel world and game including what they are developing now on mobile and tablet platforms, how long the desktop version will run and what will happen to character data once the mobile is launched (which they have also hinted will be done in stages going through re-releasing each expansion) has not been disclosed but they did say they may not move character data. The game could never shut down if that's what SE wants heck I heard Ultima Online still has (a single) developer and is alive.

The only thing I don't understand is the people that somehow seem personally injured by the way the game took course, hating not just the game but the people that still play it, blaming SE and people that don't agree with their view or take the same stance as them for what has been taken away from them. It is incredibly immature to come on here and attack people that play or try to crush any joy or hope out of people that have it, and on top of that incredibly petty. Nothing will stop you from doing it of course but is adding more pain to the world really going to solve your problems or give you back what was taken from you? It never has before so I don't expect it to start being that way any time soon. I wish we could respectfully disagree, state our opinions on the game and it's prior and future course freely without attacking other people, and just enjoy the game and the community because that's what at least I and many others are here to do.

Final Fantasy XI has impassioned many people very strongly, since it came out and even now just reading this thread there are many passionate feelings about the game and what happened to it and how it is now, and two opposing sides and everything in between. People care, a lot, and it has given many different things to many different people and I'm glad I have had the privileged to experience it in my life I am left grateful. The people I met, how they impacted my life, the story and characters and how they impacted my life, and the things it has taught me aboutg pushing yourself, focus and dedication, resource management, strategy, statistics, teamwork, leadership, community and just how different and unique we all are I will take with me till the day I die and those are the things I cherish and am grateful to FFXI for.

Well said verda

Plus1.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-08-21 06:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
I bought this game during NA release. I loved this game back when I was in high school and frankly I love this game right now as a 29 year old. It has evolved perfectly right along side me catering to both my hardcore youth and casual adulthood.

I stopped playing shortly after Abyssea because yes, I was a little disappointed that a lot of my gear would become useless after so much work. But I would check in occasionally.

With the announcement of Rhapsodies I knew I had to come back for good and ride this out. I can't possibly understand how anyone could be anything other than grateful for all of this free content when we live in a world of corporate greed. Seekers was a fantastic story and I am very satisfied so far with Rhapsodies. The QoL changes, while long overdue, are so empowering that the 17 year old in me can't help but cry with excitement.

As a true fan of this story and game, I honestly couldn't ask for more. There is plenty to still strive for and achieve. Let's face it, we all grow up. As the game is now, it is almost perfect for the responsible adult with the inner hardcore gamer. I think we should take a minute and actually appreciate that we are getting a real send off to a wonderful experience.

Young'uns nowdays dont know what you refering to, all they do is BURN their jobs , so they dont know the hardships of the REAL FFXI back in 2001-2005 when you had to work for lvls and armor

When getting a Relic armor was a BIG DEAL :D
and if you had DL or AV LS you were on a TOP LS at the time

I agree with you tho, this game is going smoothly and it even gives us the chance to UP our Relics to 119 :D and AF to 119 ^^

It got both contents for HARDCORE and Casual Players

Where we can all do stuff together and still manage it ^^

All about understanding how :D

Glad this comment was put up

Thank you Asura.Alfylicious !

^^

But if I had to add something to the game as a Bonus
It possibly be:

- lvl 100 so we could have sub-job lvl 50 Traits and JA ^^

Just think that would be helpful in a way :D

Being able to have EXTRA HP MP ATK DEF EVA ACC ETC.... just because of 1 lvl up and 1 sub job lvl up :D

Also a

- 2nd MOG WARDROBE (It is a MUST HAVE) Because of our Gear now days, and specially if you play Multiple jobs

- Increase MAX Space from /80 to /100 on all Inventory and Mog :D

That would Benefit everyone Greatly
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-21 06:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »

FFXI is still providing fun for people. Just because you aren't a fan of the current content, doesn't mean no one is. There's no point in coming in here just to mess with people. There's ways to discuss the home stretch frankly and honestly that don't devolve into snipping and insults.

That said, while Kenrusai isn't going to be mistaken for a diplomat any time soon, he's right in that they're kinda limping towards the finish line. Expecting big changes now is, in terms of unwarranted optimism, roughly equivalent to panning for gold in the shower.

I don't mind his opinion but he saying dumb things like shut down server in November. He obviously is butt hurt and tries to get us to stop doing the thing we enjoy .
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2015-08-21 08:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd really like to know when this "golden age" of support was for the game that shames what we've been getting since SoA was launched!

Been playing this game since 2004 and I can't remember it. LoL.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-21 12:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »

I don't mind his opinion but he saying dumb things like shut down server in November. He obviously is butt hurt and tries to get us to stop doing the thing we enjoy .

It would be best for everyone if they quit sooner rather than waiting for the inevitable. This game has distracted you, and consumed your money long enough, these developers just aren't worth that anymore.

I can kind of understand people can still find enjoyment in this game, for now, but come November? The thought of there being any enjoyment to be had in a dead MMO baffles me, paid no less. Unless of course they implemented some serious fun, challenging and lasting content, but we can all draw an accurate assumption that isn't going to happen.

Come the day the servers truly close, you will be left with nothing but emptiness, and regret. I don't say this directly to you, but as a general statement, the impact will vary from person to person. I can list a few people I feel will take it hard. Why go on to experience that, when you could finish up, and be done with it? Don't allow them to throw you out, leave on your terms, and don't allow me the satisfaction of saying to you "you should have listened to me".