Idea Last Update In November!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Idea last update in November!
Idea last update in November!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-21 16:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Jetackuu said: »
@Rooks, does this really need to continue?

No, I've just been otherwise occupied. Backreading now.

---

Kenrusai topicbanned.

It should be noted that he was being civil after the warning, so it's less about his behavior and more that the topic apparently couldn't proceed with him around. If people continue to veer off, more topicbans/etc will follow.

Thank you rook
Just gonna say, in my opinion you provoked him into argument after Rooks had previously stepped in to kill the argument.
By Draylo 2015-08-21 16:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He should have been from the start, obviously trolling you guys lol.
[+]
By dedrummer000 2015-08-21 16:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

back to that actual topic, i think ultimate weapons are needed, get REM to 119 then combine, make it like ilvl 130, has all 3 WS's and the AM that pops up is determined by the WS. can't stack Ams. then maybe for the jobs that don't have all 3, be like; mythic, empy, and 5000 plutons. idk just something interesting.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-21 16:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
@Rooks, does this really need to continue?

No, I've just been otherwise occupied. Backreading now.

---

Kenrusai topicbanned.

It should be noted that he was being civil after the warning, so it's less about his behavior and more that the topic apparently couldn't proceed with him around. If people continue to veer off, more topicbans/etc will follow.

Thank you rook
Just gonna say, in my opinion you provoked him into argument after Rooks had previously stepped in to kill the argument.

I provoked him? Are you serious? You didn't see quite a few people comment blasting him for his hateful comments towards ffxi?

May I politely ask where I provoked him? By responding to
Him?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-21 16:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If people continue to veer off, more topicbans/etc will follow.

Did y'all think I was joking? Knock it off.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-21 16:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

dedrummer000 said: »
back to that actual topic, i think ultimate weapons are needed, get REM to 119 then combine, make it like ilvl 130, has all 3 WS's and the AM that pops up is determined by the WS. can't stack Ams. then maybe for the jobs that don't have all 3, be like; mythic, empy, and 5000 plutons. idk just something interesting.

GEO and RUN get left out of that, though, since all they have are the Ergon weapons. Not sure there's a clean path for a combined weapon, though I'm sure everyone's thought about it at some point.

I would like the see an i124(?) version of the RMEEs that have correct jobs attached to them (Excalibur on BLU, Mjollnir on GEO, etc). Unlikely to happen, but it'd be a way to put the legendaries back on top at the end, with minimal extra programming.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-21 16:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If they go beyond 119, it should only apply to R/M/E, I think.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-21 16:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
If they go beyond 119, it should only apply to R/M/E, I think.

Yes, that's precisely what I had in mind. A final push for them to sit at the top (forever, basically).
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-21 17:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Give WHM Str and atk boosts, and boost it's club skill to A+.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-21 17:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Give WHM Str and atk boosts, and boost it's club skill to A+.
You feel me....
[+]
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2015-08-21 18:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this idea running in my head that once you cap out all your jp on all jobs that your avatar gain a gold glowing aura and get title god of vana'diel
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-08-21 19:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

no need to just give up the idea of teaming up now its rediculas when we got barly 200 ppl online 2007 maybe but let it all be soloable now even T2s and T3s

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-21 20:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently Sylph is the smallest server, yet even we are never that low. Quick search shows 534 people on, and a few extra searches shows that like 150 people are in town, rest are out and about.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-21 21:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO and RUN get left out of that, though, since all they have are the Ergon weapons. Not sure there's a clean path for a combined weapon, though I'm sure everyone's thought about it at some point.

I would like the see an i124(?) version of the RMEEs that have correct jobs attached to them (Excalibur on BLU, Mjollnir on GEO, etc). Unlikely to happen, but it'd be a way to put the legendaries back on top at the end, with minimal extra programming.

I would hate if they made all gear go beyond 119, but I really like the idea of blu getting a 124 Excalibur.
By Draylo 2015-08-21 22:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
no need to just give up the idea of teaming up now its rediculas when we got barly 200 ppl online 2007 maybe but let it all be soloable now even T2s and T3s

How hard can it be to find two people to do thing with?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-08-21 23:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think at this point SE should just add RUN to the Emp/Relic GS and maybe perhaps sword too, GEO to the relic/emp club and then go back and add blu, cor, pup, dnc and sch to relics also.

Their reasoning before was those weapons weren't balanced around those jobs at the time but none of them are even BiS anymore(even for the added jobs) anyway and even if they were its not going break the game at this point since it so broken anyway.

Edit: Hell since my server (Asura) is down atm. I had the free time to go make an official post about this:Update Relics/ Emps
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-08-22 03:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a pretty good idea at this point to let all jobs equip at least one of each type of REM and to let people combine same types of REMs to get an ultimate REM with a higher ilvl (125?) that would stay at the top forever. I would take the mythic/ergon as the base item for the ultimate REM so that they would be JSE, because otherwise the system would get so messy. A THF using a dagger with "Increased song duration"? No. thanks.

They could also make it so that it would be possible to dismantle the ultimate REM and combine a different set of the same type. Otherwise, you would have to collect a relic or empyrean at least twice or more, which would be ridicilous for players with jobs using same types of REMs. For example: Excalibur + Tizona + Almace = Ultimate BLU sword > Dismantle it > Excalibur + Burtgang + Almace = Ultimate PLD sword > Dismantle it and reassemble the BLU one and vice versa.

By the way, they can also rebrand some 119 gear as 120. This would also help in that the ultimate REMs wouldn't be the only gear above ilvl 119 if they ever add something like that. For example, take a look at emeici and oatixur, and tell me they are at the same level... They have been stuck with ilvl 119 for too long and been helplessly adding items that are obviously much stronger than the ones older but at the same level.

i think ultimate weapons are needed, get REM to 119 then combine, make it like ilvl 130, has all 3 WS's and the AM that pops up is determined by the WS. can't stack Ams.

+1
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2015-08-22 09:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda shocked that some people think that the mindless tedium of RME is any sort of step forward at this point.

New ultimate weapons, sure. But people really need to let go of the idea of huge legacy content requirements, when all it does is act as a huge turn-off to people who don't have the pieces already.

SE have been very clear in signalling that they don't believe that just because your gear was top-of-the-line THEN, it should still be so NOW. Their vision being that the playing field needs to be somewhat level so as to allow latecomers to be able to take part in modern endgame content without having to plough through years worth of old stuff to get themselves up to speed.

This is why owning -1 abj gear doesn't guarantee you can synth hq reforged pieces. They aren't going to allow past triumphs to bequeath present-day success - for obvious reasons.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-08-22 12:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Kinda shocked that some people think that the mindless tedium of RME is any sort of step forward at this point.

Who said they have to stay as tedious as today after November?

Quote:
New ultimate weapons, sure. But people really need to let go of the idea of huge legacy content requirements, when all it does is act as a huge turn-off to people who don't have the pieces already.

A multiplayer game needs to provide goals that are not meant for every single player. That is how it can keep people, who have lots of time to dedicate to the game, interested. People grind to have something better than the more casual guy can't in a short time, if ever.

Quote:
SE have been very clear in signalling that they don't believe that just because your gear was top-of-the-line THEN, it should still be so NOW. Their vision being that the playing field needs to be somewhat level so as to allow latecomers to be able to take part in modern endgame content without having to plough through years worth of old stuff to get themselves up to speed.

There are numerous ilvl119 sidegrades that are more than enough for all the content and require much less efforts than collecting multiple REMs. 1 Morimar Delve and boom, you have a perfectly fine ilvl119 sword... Most support roles don't even need many ilvl gear to be functional in ilvl content.

Quote:
This is why owning -1 abj gear doesn't guarantee you can synth hq reforged pieces. They aren't going to allow past triumphs to bequeath present-day success - for obvious reasons.

Yes, it doesn't guarantee but still provides a higher chance to get an hq and doesn't require expensive materials and since there is no point in keeping the old hq (or mostly, not sure), you hardly lose anything for getting a new nq using your old hq.

Cruor sets when Abyssea came out (and then making things too easy with extremely strong atmas) and the delve weapons before the REM update were two of the biggest mistakes in this game's history and I don't want to believe you think those decisions were totally fine.

This game never had an influx of new players and in fact, those decisions alienated the older and moreso, the hardcore players more than anyone else and those are the ones who don't unsub every few months and figure out strategies faster so that more casual players would have a better understanding of how to handle and what to expect from whatever content (excluding "throw BSTs at everything" which sadly works these days) and provide materials to the market for those who can't steadily farm them themselves so they can more easily upgrade their equipment.

It was unacceptable on their part to be so shortsighted which costed them so many subscriptions. I can understand the lack of new players due to the age of the game and the differences between their game design mentality and player expectations, but they seemed to try so hard to lose subscriptions with incredibly poor decisions.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-08-23 01:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
It was unacceptable on their part to be so shortsighted which costed them so many subscriptions. I can understand the lack of new players due to the age of the game and the differences between their game design mentality and player expectations, but they seemed to try so hard to lose subscriptions with incredibly poor decisions.

I think SE's shortsightedness comes from the fact that they never planned for this game to last more than 5 years like it has. So many MMOs in Japan (and the rest of Asia for that matter) only last a few short years before death or getting replaced by sequels.

I can't remember the names but a couple SE MMOs were set to replace FFXI before they were able to get FFXIV off the ground. Of course, that never happened even with FFXIV and aren't we all glad it didn't?

Even now, I doubt the higher-ups at SE understand why FFXI survived and have kept planning for death for years, especially after FFXIV released. Even for most of the dev team, this isn't the project they want to be on or they were demoted to it. Nobody there has had the frame of mind to want this game to succeed for years now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-08-23 01:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like they're setting the game up to be single player or able to be hosted on a home server for a few players to connect to at once like a MC server or existing private servers or something. I know that's just wishful thinking but with a game that's been such a large part of my adult life I think it would be a nice send off.
By Draylo 2015-08-23 01:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »

I think SE's shortsightedness comes from the fact that they never planned for this game to last more than 5 years like it has. So many MMOs in Japan (and the rest of Asia for that matter) only last a few short years before death or getting replaced by sequels.

I can't remember the names but a couple SE MMOs were set to replace FFXI before they were able to get FFXIV off the ground. Of course, that never happened even with FFXIV and aren't we all glad it didn't?

Even now, I doubt the higher-ups at SE understand why FFXI survived and have kept planning for death for years, especially after FFXIV released. Even for most of the dev team, this isn't the project they want to be on or they were demoted to it. Nobody there has had the frame of mind to want this game to succeed for years now.

Can you really believe this? The dev team all want the game they work on to fail? I mean, cmon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-08-23 02:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Ragnarok.Orlind said: »

Can you really believe this? The dev team all want the game they work on to fail? I mean, cmon.

Nah, I don't think they (the dev team) want FFXI to fail but I don't think SE (the higher ups) has put in the earnest effort and resources to make the game succeed in a meaningful way since its 6th or 7th year.

I do recognize they (the dev team) work hard at trying to make this game enjoyable for us and have never thought otherwise.

I do think that members of the current dev team wouldn't call FFXI the game they really want to work on or dream of working on. This can be especially true for the younger and/or newer members and those pulling double duty on FFXI and FFXIV. I don't think anyone can blame them for that either. What budding younger game dev wants to spend his or her time trying to piece together an old game with messed up or inelegant coding?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-23 06:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
What are you trying to accomplish with this bizarre aggression against the game?

To save you all from experiencing a great sense of loss and regret. The regret part especially, all that wasted time on this game that wasn't even good will be quite painful. I fully expect you to understand me, when and if that time comes.

That being said, I would also feel great satisfaction if you go through and see this game to the very end, to inevitably feel the regret. Something on the lines of "I told you so".

I'm weird like that.

You aren't weird. There are millions of internet trolls who delight in seeing other people upset. Nothing special or unique about you really.

You have been saying this stuff for years on this forum. It is time for you to take your own advice and move on my friend.

Edit: Oh backreading. I see the topic ban now.
[+]
By Voren 2015-08-23 07:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Change jobs and access all gear in all storage without having to return to your moghouse with exception to moogle storage slips.

Drop the fee to teleport from one crystal to the next as well as BCNMs.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-23 07:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
Change jobs and access all gear in all storage without having to return to your moghouse with exception to moogle storage slips.

Drop the fee to teleport from one crystal to the next as well as BCNMs.

It's down to 100gil with the KI already.
 Asura.Materdark
Server: Asura
By Asura.Materdark 2015-08-23 12:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

still waiting for them to upgrade the relic at least spending 50m gil to get them and the output is poor...
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2015-08-23 18:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

A multiplayer game needs to provide goals that are not meant for every single player. That is how it can keep people, who have lots of time to dedicate to the game, interested. People grind to have something better than the more casual guy can't in a short time, if ever.

Problem is dev-time is finite, so spending too many man-hours on content that is only likely to appeal to 5% of the userbase is a bad use of resources. At this stage in the game's life they need to provide content that is as inclusive and accessible as possible.

Right now the game is full of content that rewards time-spent; yes you can get a perfect Taming Sari first-time out, but its statistically improbable. So most of us get to grind SR until we get the lucky drop. Same deal with Skirmish augments.

Yes, we're at the mercy of the almighty random(), but that was always true for the majority of content.