Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-20 11:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
you should play league of legends.

you'd fit right in

In Fairness Bryth as helped the community out far more than anyone else has on this site, so perhaps keep the condescending attitude to yourself especially when dealing with someone who has done nothing but go out of their way to help the players of FFXI.

As apposed to your total contribution of... nothing.

Bryth posted Bugs on OF : Nothing got fixed.
Bryth posted Fixs to said Bugs: gets banned for understanding their "intellectual property" which wasn't encrypted, so bad part on SE's Side.

Not liking the management of a company does not mean you dont like the product.

I.E. I like McDonalds, but I think the management are evil, but those Cheese Burgers are GEWD.

As apposed to the management at the Fish and Tackle shop down the road, I like that guy, but despise Fishing.
[+]
 Siren.Strawhat
Server: Siren
user: Strawhat
By Siren.Strawhat 2015-04-20 12:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

what? byrth got banned?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-04-20 12:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, I deactivated from FFXI.

They banned me from the FFXI official forums for a post that I made months beforehand where I explained how the fishing glitch was crashing people.

It was definitely hypocritical of me to post the thing Draylol quoted and then end up playing FFXIV anyway, but that's where a lot of my friends went. I'll say, though, that if I just finish out the story and never subscribe to it, I think it will still have been worth the purchase as a single player game. I've had fun learning the different systems and seeing something new in the last two weeks. Maybe I'll become a perma-noob MMO hopper now. Who knows! The future is a crazy place!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-20 12:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems early on FFXIVs life, the permabans were being handed out like candy on the OF.

All I did was tell people to stop complaining about login issues during primetime near launch and SHOOP, there goes OF privileges. Wtf SE? Meanwhile Roegydyn McDumbfuck is making ranty posts about the Cash Shop?

*** off.
By Draylo 2015-04-20 13:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Naw, I deactivated from FFXI.

They banned me from the FFXI official forums for a post that I made months beforehand where I explained how the fishing glitch was crashing people.

It was definitely hypocritical of me to post the thing Draylol quoted and then end up playing FFXIV anyway, but that's where a lot of my friends went. I'll say, though, that if I just finish out the story and never subscribe to it, I think it will still have been worth the purchase as a single player game. I've had fun learning the different systems and seeing something new in the last two weeks. Maybe I'll become a perma-noob MMO hopper now. Who knows! The future is a crazy place!

Cool maybe it will loosen up that sand and you won't be so bitter.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-04-20 13:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So which one will you play in the future, Draylo?

PS. Did you farm a Tizona again yet?
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-04-20 14:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It is crazy they are still having "mass banning" at this point; it almost seems like they are just trolling at this point -.-
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-20 14:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to try out Final fantasy XIV as PLD was level 50 when I stopped playing, Anyone know what's waiting for me ><
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-20 14:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Materdark said: »
I have yet to try out Final fantasy XIV as PLD was level 50 when I stopped playing anyone know what's waiting for me ><

So essentially you didn't play the game.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-20 14:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I have yet to try out Final fantasy XIV as PLD was level 50 when I stopped playing anyone know what's waiting for me ><

So essentially you didn't play the game.

well i played abit got bored out of it then i left just wana know since beta, have they made any huge updates ? on PLD OR SMN><

played since final fantasy xiv a realm reborn when they added SMN then I stopped playing because the job was my main class...till they screwed it made it WoW clone pet class.

i even made the dam blog for it when i left lol

Summoner remap Egi avatar
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1419983/blog/1107179/
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-20 15:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No huge updates.
Every patch has been more story, additional Crystal Tower, Coil and HM Dungeons.
Every patch added a new avatar.
Gold Saucer / Chocobo Racing / Triple Triad
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-20 15:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
No huge updates.
Every patch has been more story, additional Crystal Tower, Coil and HM Dungeons.
Every patch added a new avatar.
Gold Saucer / Chocobo Racing / Triple Triad

I seen better imo This is the NEXT GEN we are talking about disgrace man.

Then I'm like can't wait with the updates lol

there's one side of me that once to give it a chance ><
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-20 16:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
It was definitely hypocritical of me to post the thing Draylol quoted and then end up playing FFXIV anyway, but that's where a lot of my friends went. I'll say, though, that if I just finish out the story and never subscribe to it, I think it will still have been worth the purchase as a single player game.

Who you play with is important in an MMO. I love goofing around with these jerkwads even if I'm not in love with the simplistic battle system and disjointed community.

It's also nice not to cringe when you see a video driver update.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-20 16:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to try out Final fantasy XIV as PLD was level 50 when I stopped playing, Anyone know what's waiting for me ><

You have a long and boring gear grind ahead of you with daily lockouts as you desperately try to catch up to friends, or you'll just grind out full set of Soldiery gear in an hour or two by doing Hunts, as well as gain enough points to buy upgrade items for Soldiery and Poetic gears.

Best advice is to spam Frontlines PvP to get Soldiery as well as Poetic tomes, since tank is the most important to gear job in the entire game when it comes to the trinity. If you can't hold hate, your party will hate you, and I've had FC mates get vote kicked as a result. Frontlines will allow you to suck but still gear and get your weekly 120 items as well as 100 > 110 items.

Or you can spam dungeons to climb up as SE intends.
By volkom 2015-04-20 16:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

you'd fit right in

In Fairness Bryth as helped the community out far more than anyone else has on this site, so perhaps keep the condescending attitude to yourself especially when dealing with someone who has done nothing but go out of their way to help the players of FFXI.

I'm not complaining of what he 'contributed' or who he helped. I'm poking fun at his hypocrisy. Its like the vast majority of LoL players hate the game and the company but continue to play because its still fun.
Also you don't know what I have or have not contributed. So don't go making accusations scottishbeefburger
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-04-20 17:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ffxiv is a decent replacement. Honestly it's super easy 1-50. I got drg 1-50 in 2 days and armorer and blacksmith to 50 in a week. But once you start doing endgame like coil, you realize how easy we had it in 11. Seriously, mechanics for some fights in 14 are like wtf. Although, older content holds your hands too much(id you wipe, instant reraise and reset at full health to retry, 90min time limit; fights take 10min; each wile grants 5% increase to damage dealt and healing). Doing coil though made me realize that zergs in 11 were easymode, 14 you cannot zerg anything but outdated content. There are mechanics that everyone has to participate in and one mistake can wipe you. Also moves that target healers and tanks specifically regardless of hate, which keeps everyone alert lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-20 17:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you made one of those neat Venn Diagrams, with people that actually like squarenix, and love ffxi, Draylo and Analheim would be the only people in the middle.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-20 17:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

you'd fit right in

I'm not complaining of what he 'contributed' or who he helped. I'm poking fun at his hypocrisy. Its like the vast majority of LoL players hate the game and the company but continue to play because its still fun.
Also you don't know what I have or have not contributed. So don't go making accusations scottishbeefburger

Personally I try not to make fun of people ~

You don't want a diskish responce, then don't post things to enflame people ~

plus you missed the hashtag from #ScottishBeefBurger
By Draylo 2015-04-20 17:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
If you made one of those neat Venn Diagrams, with people that actually like squarenix, and love ffxi, Draylo and Analheim would be the only people in the middle.

Quite a lot of people love FFXI, go look at that thread on BG. Does it bother you that people actually loved FFXI? Sometimes I just marvel at the complete disgusting filth that posts on these forums. How do you even hit the submit button on this post when it holds no value at all for this thread... I guess we can put you under the crazy idiot section.
[+]
By volkom 2015-04-20 18:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

you'd fit right in

Personally I try not to make fun of people ~

You don't want a diskish responce, then don't post things to enflame people ~

plus you missed the hashtag from #ScottishBeefBurger
you try not to make fun of people but you make false accusations?
Do you really think I was trying to be mean?
By pchan 2015-04-21 02:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Ffxiv is a decent replacement. Honestly it's super easy 1-50. I got drg 1-50 in 2 days and armorer and blacksmith to 50 in a week. But once you start doing endgame like coil, you realize how easy we had it in 11. Seriously, mechanics for some fights in 14 are like wtf. Although, older content holds your hands too much(id you wipe, instant reraise and reset at full health to retry, 90min time limit; fights take 10min; each wile grants 5% increase to damage dealt and healing). Doing coil though made me realize that zergs in 11 were easymode, 14 you cannot zerg anything but outdated content. There are mechanics that everyone has to participate in and one mistake can wipe you. Also moves that target healers and tanks specifically regardless of hate, which keeps everyone alert lol

Crafting is useless though because all the good gear comes from dungeons. Dungeons are boring too (idk why people like this ***) and endgame makes every EU people lag like mad. I heard ppl had to use a vpn specifically to avoid lag. After HnM poping for JPfirst, SE invented another JP button.

You will enjoy FFXI if you are a newcomer because you can quickly progress to the point where you get the gear that was relvant a couple of months ago but after that you'll start endgame b/c that's the only thing to do and you'll be like wtf those noobs are getting the gear It took me months to get, boohoo.
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-04-21 05:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV is too easy and the later game fights are just choreographed dances. It tries to mimic what Vindictus did years ago, but at a much easier level. I literally did all the quests in FFXIV without even reading the text, I was just watching netflix. I quit a year ago because I did almost everything in about 5 months.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-21 10:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »

Bahamut.Striker said: »
FFXIV is too easy and the later game fights are just choreographed dances. It tries to mimic what Vindictus did years ago, but at a much easier level. I literally did all the quests in FFXIV without even reading the text, I was just watching netflix. I quit a year ago because I did almost everything in about 5 months.

Crafting is useless though because all the good gear comes from dungeons. Dungeons are boring too (idk why people like this ***) and endgame makes every EU people lag like mad. I heard ppl had to use a vpn specifically to avoid lag. After HnM poping for JPfirst, SE invented another JP button.

You will enjoy FFXI if you are a newcomer because you can quickly progress to the point where you get the gear that was relvant a couple of months ago but after that you'll start endgame b/c that's the only thing to do and you'll be like wtf those noobs are getting the gear It took me months to get, boohoo.

Don't you think that same with WoW online?
The most hyped game of all times 0.0
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-04-21 12:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
I'm almost to that fight, been hearing mixed things, some say it's rough, some say it's a walk in the park. I suppose it comes down to if you get a decent group or a crap group.

I'm looking forward to shiva and ramuh ex, mainly ramuh because dat beard.
Well when it comes to FFXIV, your input is very small. The mistake of even one player far outweigh 7 players being on point.

On Titan EX, I remember not liking BRD as I found plumes annoying in the overall flow. DRG, PLD, WAR and WHM were pretty cake. WAR can't die, DRG and MNK can't take damage and will avoid any mechanism effortlessly.

If I ever go back to the game, I'd like to try it as NIN.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-04-21 12:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My biggest issues with XIV (beside gear swap/zero situational gear) were the fact that everything is scripted and one person not knowing the fight was better dead at the start than trying to learn it
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-04-21 13:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It was the same on FFXI. You didn't want a guy who had no clue on any of the HNM fights, or any "difficult" fight.

I remember when Tinnin came out and we did it with 2 SAM tank, I ended up solo tanking the thing because every other SAM on the server didn't have any tank set, to begin with, and wasn't used to playing SAM without /THF.

So what did we do with those guys? We left them dead/out of the alliance. It was the same for that DRK who didn't know how to zerg on KV or that RDM who didn't know how not to stack stun when CSing DL.

The game wasn't that hard and unlike FFXIV, having 3/6 guys on point was enough to carry nearly anything. FFXIV appears much more blunt when it comes to people not playing their part because if 1/2 guys can't do ***in a fight, you're better off replacing them both, you most likely won't clear in this state.
T4 when it came out comes to mind. If more than one guy sucked, you would just go do something else.
 Bismarck.Zubuis
Server: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2015-04-21 15:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
It was the same on FFXI. You didn't want a guy who had no clue on any of the HNM fights, or any "difficult" fight.

I remember when Tinnin came out and we did it with 2 SAM tank, I ended up solo tanking the thing because every other SAM on the server didn't have any tank set, to begin with, and wasn't used to playing SAM without /THF.

So what did we do with those guys? We left them dead/out of the alliance. It was the same for that DRK who didn't know how to zerg on KV or that RDM who didn't know how not to stack stun when CSing DL.

The game wasn't that hard and unlike FFXIV, having 3/6 guys on point was enough to carry nearly anything. FFXIV appears much more blunt when it comes to people not playing their part because if 1/2 guys can't do ***in a fight, you're better off replacing them both, you most likely won't clear in this state.
T4 when it came out comes to mind. If more than one guy sucked, you would just go do something else.

I dont really think its the same. In FF11 you werent constricted by rigid setups for most things. On FF11 you could slot lesser skilled or lesser equipped people on certain jobs or certain roles, especially in the 75 cap world. For instance you could put a less skilled/geared person on bard or corsair, and put your skilled players on damage dealers/tanks/healers etc.

In FF11 you could take 18 people into most fights, but a lot of fights could be done low man. (Granted I understand that when the content was first released it was harder and required more people but most of the content still wasnt overly difficult). Therefore if you could kill Fafnir with 10 people, bringing an extra person didnt hurt you. Majority of the content was designed for 18 people but you didnt have to have 18 people to clear it.

Later on in the game, events like legion, early delve started to change that. Having 2 song bards wasnt good enough anymore, or average corsairs etc.

FF14 is designed for 8 people and for the most part you need 8 competant people to clear it. I am sure that some groups could low man it with less, but FF14 doesnt even really give you the option to do that anyway so yeah. But in FF14, having average people hurts your group. In FF11 average people didnt hurt your group as much because the system was a lot more flexible, in my opinion.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-04-21 15:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zubuis said: »
Therefore if you could kill Fafnir with 10 people, bringing an extra person didnt hurt you.

>.>

Unless that extra person had no clue what to do and stood behind Fafnir causing your hole party to die.

I think we all get your point, but this was a bad example.

I have been involved with carrying people through content and I have been carried through content in my lesser days. It is definitely easier to get people to complete something in FFXI than FFXIV.. but FFXIV still feels easier overall.

*EDIT

Come to think of it.. even when selling delve clears we would demand that the buyer not do anything so they didn't mess the run up. Just because you can carry people doesn't mean that a group of average players can clear all of the content in FFXI.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-04-21 15:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zubuis said: »
In FF11 average people didnt hurt your group as much because the system was a lot more flexible, in my opinion.

What absolutely killed me, as a linkshell leader: I had a sizable number of members who were good people, but somewhat lesser players. In XI it was pretty easy to hide them on specific roles - BRD and COR being the obvious choices. Bigger events like Dynamis and Einherjar also meant that any one person being off their game wasn't necessarily a death sentence.

XIV rolls around and I have nowhere to put them - the lockout system meant either splitting up the good players and hoping they could carry the rest (which can't happen, especially on new content), or watching as they got shut out of things, bored, and finally quit.

A shell full of happy, friendly people who got along and had fun survived for a decade in XI, and barely lasted a year in XIV.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-21 15:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We are not here argue about which one is better then other, Here to find a Replacement MMO not here to find faults with each mmos....there's already sooo many game freaks hard core gamers out there on youtube and gamspot etc which review the games.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15