YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-03-19 11:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Over the last 10 years, I missed out on a lot of console RPGs and Anime.

I will catch go through all of that before I consider jumping into another MMO
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-03-19 11:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Heavensward looks like a fine replacement for your SE fix. It certainly isn't XI but you can play less, accomplish things and have time to play other games.

GW2: Heart of Thorns will get me back into GW2.

FFXIV is a very good game. It's the best MMO out right now, in my opinion; it hits a lot of the right buttons. Best case scenario for Heavensward is that it puts FFXIV in the state that World of Warcraft was in when BC launched. I'm not sure if the expansion will be that great but I'll definitely be there.

I love Guild Wars 2 and I will be getting the expansion but, as great as the game is, I don't feel like it satisfies my MMO craving. The lack of a gear treadmill at endgame is refreshing but it doesn't lead to wanting to log in to the game every day.

edit: I should add, I didn't get WoW:WOD. I did play MoP. WoW is a shell of its former glory. The game has been mismanaged and now, with Blizzard introducing RMT, it's the end, I think. I also skipped Elder Scrolls Online, which is just an absolute flop. I strongly feel like XIV is the best of modern MMOs right now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Hankeypanky
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Hankeypanky 2015-03-19 11:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
This thread:

sukiouden lol
 Bahamut.Shirai
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-19 11:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Star citizen is the most likely candidate for me.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-19 11:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
[/img]That aside, as stated elsewhere, I'm done with MMOs after XI.

This. FFXI has been a large part of my life since March 2004. My first born was was born the following October, and was raised with me playing it. I would show her dragons, and other mythical beasts. To me, there is no replacement. Only an empty void.
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2015-03-19 11:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

To each their own really. XI has a great experience and a lot of memories for me, but I'm currently playing XIV and enjoying it. Starting something new may be scary but it can be a fun ride. As for the social aspects. Sure its not old-school pre Abyssea XI where you had to party with people (screw level sync btw...) but for endgame content, it really just depends on the groups you join up with. Some are indeed the elitists and some do try to help the little guy.

As for other social aspects, like FC/LS it also depends on the group you join up with. You'll get those groups that don't want to help you out, but there are others that talk with each other and help out other players. Not everything is ME ME ME like some people think it is.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-19 11:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

This. FFXI has been a large part of my life since March 2004. My first born was was born the following October, and was raised with me playing it. I would show her dragons, and other mythical beasts. To me, there is no replacement. Only an empty void.

There's no void for me; just new worlds to explore that aren't tied to the structure of an MMO. On Seraph and Bismarck BTL especially has been wonderful, and they have a pretty storied history, but as the years have gone by and our numbers have dwindled due to real life obligations, I simply have no desire to chart new MMOs without the people I've become firm friends with through the years, and I especially don't feel the need to continue with a several-nights-per-week event structure with new people. Time to find new friends in the real world, and face different challenges in my free time.

I may consider being involved in this next seasons, as while my feelings on football are lukewarm, I miss drumming, and I know many of the people in this organization, and I dearly miss drumming with others.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-19 11:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

There's no void for me; just new worlds to explore that aren't tied to the structure of an MMO. On Seraph and Bismarck BTL especially has been wonderful, and they have a pretty storied history, but as the years have gone by and our numbers have dwindled due to real life obligations, I simply have no desire to chart new MMOs without the people I've become firm friends with through the years, and I especially don't feel the need to continue with a several-nights-per-week event structure with new people. Time to find new friends in the real world, and face different challenges in my free time.

I may consider being involved in this next seasons, as while my feelings on football are lukewarm, I miss drumming, and I know many of the people in this organization, and I dearly miss drumming with others.

Same with me and AD. It took me a while to find a shell I coulld really call home. AD as well has had a great history. And the times in the past we teamed up with BtL, great times were had. I just dont think I could do something else without the same great group of people.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-03-19 11:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, the only MMOanything that sounds interesting to me at this point absent friends bringing me along is WH40k: Eternal Crusade.

"Yeah, we have a free to play option, but you have to join the Ork Boyz"
By Raesvelg 2015-03-19 11:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternal Crusade might be interesting to check out when the time comes, but in all likelihood I'll be done with MMOs after XI shuts down.

Of course, XI isn't actually shutting down for a good while, so there's not all that much reason to speculate. Major content from now through November, and when you consider that they're looking to launch that mobile app come March of 2016, I'm kinda wondering exactly what SE intends to implement as the minor updates they're putting out after that. Seems odd to put forth the effort (or have someone else put forth the effort) just to say "Eh, *** it, minor ***only from here out", but I suppose that depends on your definition of minor.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-19 11:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a picture of my proudest LS moment in XI framed at home. It's this picture, at Lakshmi's first PW kill but a better shot:

*sniff* I can name almost everyone here just by their gear.

Eminence forever!

Also, props to Roukii for giving Eminence our own anime inspired opening!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-03-19 12:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going back to 14 due to the toxic community,and This will be my last mmo most likely. The ability to level any job and switch between them at any time has been what's kept me here all these years. I've tried to find other MMOs in the past and to this day I still have no clue why nobody has created a job system like 11. Making a different character every time I want to play a new job is one of the stupidest F'n systems.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-19 12:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a picture of my proudest LS moment in XI framed at home. It's this picture, at Lakshmi's first PW kill but a better shot:

Oh god, PW. My linkshell changed irrevocably because of that mob. And gained internet fame as the linkshell that fought the thing to a standstill for so long that people were getting physically ill.

People quit after that because that kind of thing was simply not worth it for them.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-19 12:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

*sniff* I can name almost everyone here just by their gear.

Eminence forever!

Also, props to Roukii for giving Eminence our own anime inspired opening!

So many Haguns !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-19 12:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god, PW. My linkshell changed irrevocably because of that mob. And gained internet fame as the linkshell that fought the thing to a standstill for so long that people were getting physically ill.

People quit after that because that kind of thing was simply not worth it for them.

Oh Altana, you guys were the ones at Puking Pandy? ;;;;

Damn, you guys defined hardcore. Like 18hours straight? lol
[+]
By Zackan 2015-03-19 12:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
I'm not going back to 14 due to the toxic community,and This will be my last mmo most likely. The ability to level any job and switch between them at any time has been what's kept me here all these years. I've tried to find other MMOs in the past and to this day I still have no clue why nobody has created a job system like 11. Making a different character every time I want to play a new job is one of the stupidest F'n systems.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

one of only 3 games I know of that have the "One character to rule them all' theme. This game is actually more freeform than either 11 or 14. The game is Guild Wars subscription style "Purchase the Box Game, but then it is a Free to Play subscription(no pay to win aspects really with the exception of you need to buy patches)"

Horror theme(very Cthulu feel to it, as well as Indiana jones, and plenty of 'secret society conspiracy')

Bosses are very active, (think ffxiv style but probably even more so)

They also do these things called Alternate Reality Events that mostly take place outside of game., (Very complicated puzzles that you end up learning some people are just insanely good at solving, trust me they are not easy)
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-19 12:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Altana, you guys were the ones at Puking Pandy? ;;;;

Damn, you guys defined hardcore. Like 18hours straight? lol

They were, yes. I wasn't in the shell at the time, but was very good friends with people who were and was on their ventrillo for a lot of the fight.

It was brutal.
By Lisotte 2015-03-19 12:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For me either I'm going to be trying to complete all the story stuff in FFXI that I can, or going over to FFXIV or EVE Online.

FFXIV for the FF world, the similarities to XI with the jobs, the races, etc., and the other XI refugees. Except that I hate the actual gameplay, super fast paced, needs a ton of skill bars clogging up the screen, makes me actually use the buttons on my mouse. And I hate the hard content.

Or maybe EVE Online. It's slow-paced like FFXI, it's got a pretty good community, and lots of things to do. But your end goals are different from XI, I think the story isn't good, and I don't care too much for the sci-fi setting.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-03-19 12:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Vasche said: »
I'm finally gonna fulfill my dream of becoming a Pokemon Master.
Ironically....
There IS a Pokemon MMO...
So...
There's that for you. ;p
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-03-19 12:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
XIV...maybe. I mean all I care about is the story and the world, not playing content, and I already get to experience that through..other means let's say so.

I might just retire from mmos if I don't make a character there.

This is pretty much how I feel about XIV. I like it for the story, but nothing else about it particularly interests me.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-03-19 12:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Upcoming MMOs

Black Desert
Everquest Next
Bless
Skyforge
Monster Hunter Online
Kingdom Under Fire II
Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance
FFXIV

These all look good. There were others on the list that seem cool as well. But out of all of them, I doubt any of them will be even close to as deep as FFXI was/is. I also doubt that any of them will have the kind of impact on my life it did.

EQ Next might.. I already play GW and FFXIV on and off, but I never got to play EQ.

Lately though, I've been on a League of Legends kick.

All of that being said, with Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 coming to PS4, I won't be playing many MMOs. If the PS4 continues to get good games.. once FFXI dies thats what I will be doing.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-19 12:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I mistakingly read Kingdom Hearts for a moment there and was like oh ***, but it seems all returned to normality in the universe.

KH3 coming out for ps5 in 2085.
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-03-19 12:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just heard about this.. could be really neat:

Wander

Also the most hardcore game (in theory), i've every heard of, though slightly off-topic:

Upsilon Circuit

If this takes off, this might be the next step in interactive gaming.

Now if they ever make a Demon or Dark Souls inspired MMO.. i'd be the first in line.
 Carbuncle.Riaka
Server: Carbuncle
user: Grimix88
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2015-03-19 13:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

For me I'm thinking about finally getting around to playing pso2. It's not really an mmo but pso/psu were the only other games where I've experienced close to the same type of social interaction and actually made good friends off of. I also liked the gameplay in those two games so I figure I would enjoy the game, specially since it's casual enough I won't feel like I'm missing something not playing it lol.

Idk if I could personally play ffxiv again, for me even playing casually I still blew through it way too fast. I'd always feel like there wasn't anything to do a few weeks after a patch.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-19 13:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
When someone dies in Upsilon Circuit, they can never play again. When you are chosen to play, the world watches, and everyone has a hand in your journey, both friend and foe.
Lmao, what the ***. This will totally end well.
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-03-19 13:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
When someone dies in Upsilon Circuit, they can never play again. When you are chosen to play, the world watches, and everyone has a hand in your journey, both friend and foe.

Sounds like a video game version of the Hunger Games.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-03-19 13:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Lol.

Kind of reminds of the book Ready Player One, except the whole "never play again part."

In that fictional interactive universe if you died you went back to level 1.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-19 13:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I read about this thing the other day. It sounds like an interesting experience, though one in which I will likely not partake given that I have zero interest in watching other people play video games.

The concept of "live streaming games" is just bizarre* to me. Why would I want to watch someone else play a game when I could be playing it myself?

*I originally typed "***" here because it actually fit in its actual definition, but homophobes had to ruin that one for me! >:(
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-03-19 13:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played XI for as long as my son has been on this world, got pregnant....couldnt work for a month so i played. But always been quite casual taking breaks here and there. Think i'll still be playing after november cause i still want that relic/mythic. I've tried 2 other mmo's one was xiv, which i couldnt connect with....Just lurking on those forums makes me feel old and serious ><. the other was EVE, although yes what a grind its also a game suited for a more casual approach (love exploration), which i enjoyed very much but xi dragged me back eventually.
Of course there's that huge list of unplayed steam games :D
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15