Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-02-01 15:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Hmmm, posted 18 minutes ago, not on the latest forum thread topics on main page... Someone trying to hide the thread~

So it seems. Anjisnu, did that account you made actually get banned or just warped to hp after it was reported?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-01 16:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

im waiting to see if i get lm-11 on that account i was just curious as to their "investigation" practices
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-01 16:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Nikia said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Odin.Nikia said: »
I kinda amazes me, one day you can read post after post how SE doesnt ban for anything anymore. Read posts about people in dyna flee hacking day after day with multiple reports with no bans.

Then other days people act like there is literally a GM running through zones with a "ban-stick" randomly smacking folks.
well a few hundred people did get hit in one day so im guessing people are scared

So is the JP botting what caused the bans or is it something new like duping mythics lol.
far as i've seen as long as you're outside town and someone throws a little suspicion your way you get warped i have stumbled upon a new trick for when i forget warp ring !
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-02-01 16:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone needs to investigate how you forget a warp ring.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-01 17:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

And whats SE position toward multiboxing?

Imo opinion, its a situation that greatly favor SE (multiples payments from a same player, normally a player paying more accounts tend to last longer than others).

And i think this is even suported in others game like wow.

And SE never restricted how many accounts a same player can have, on the other side, native ffxi program does not allow another instance running, so its a weird situation: SE allow a player to have multiples accounts but forbid him to play in same pc, so requiring the use of third party tools.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-01 18:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
And whats SE position toward multiboxing?

Imo opinion, its a situation that greatly favor SE (multiples payments from a same player, normally a player paying more accounts tend to last longer than others).

And i think this is even suported in others game like wow.

And SE never restricted how many accounts a same player can have, on the other side, native ffxi program does not allow another instance running, so its a weird situation: SE allow a player to have multiples accounts but forbid him to play in same pc, so requiring the use of third party tools.

I think SE's policy on multi-box is an old one from a time when it wasn't allowing you to play the game in a window. It was probably a measure, just like fullscreen, to deter hacks and other such things. There isn't much of a reason to ban for multi-box other than the technical violation of the ToS but that's not likely to be enforced.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-01 19:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Or do what people used to do: play on multiple consoles/pcs.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-01 19:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Or do what people used to do: play on multiple consoles/pcs.

I think we just solved the mystery of why there are so many PS2 subs XD
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-01 19:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiboxing is allowed as long as you're not dumb enough to say they're all played on the same machine.
By Arcto 2015-02-01 19:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else had reportings from SE what their temp/perma was for this week? I see the same JP botters going overnight that have been going for ages and pretty sure people have reported them.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2015-02-02 07:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
i mean i'll admit, i obviously botted/flee hacked on that char etc but i'd never been caught or had any warnings against me but then they flat out banned for something i didn't do. if i had been caught for fleehacking it would have been a suspension at most
72 suspension, yes. Perma on the second time.

While the system *** up with you, see it that way: you call to get cleared, they notice your amount of cheating, what do they do?

It's a bit difficult.
This is false, I'd been suspended three times for flee hacking before I sold my account and never got more than a 72hr suspension with review for termination. (weeks late, but I thought it was worth responding to.) Actual bans that are not RMT related are definitely at the GMs discretion.
 leo
By leo 2015-02-02 08:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
This is false, I'd been suspended three times for flee hacking before I sold my account and never got more than a 72hr suspension with review for termination. (weeks late, but I thought it was worth responding to.) Actual bans that are not RMT related are definitely at the GMs discretion.

If what Senkyuutai is accurate, your situation is still possible under influence of lazy supervision, meaning GMs would be free to act the way they want to.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-02 10:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
i mean i'll admit, i obviously botted/flee hacked on that char etc but i'd never been caught or had any warnings against me but then they flat out banned for something i didn't do. if i had been caught for fleehacking it would have been a suspension at most
72 suspension, yes. Perma on the second time.

While the system *** up with you, see it that way: you call to get cleared, they notice your amount of cheating, what do they do?

It's a bit difficult.
Wrong, I already covered why you are. The US have a very bad habit of not banning players when they're under review for ban due to work load or simply forgetting to do so. And if they forget, you're cleansed.
For the two other regions, the suspensions are handled differently, hence the contrast.

For your US account, you obviously experienced US policies. The normal policy is that, if you cheat, and are punished for cheating each time, you're gone within 2 strikes. 72 > perma. I already posted policies a year ago or so on this topic, as employees are allowed to explain those to make sure players know where they stand. The ban is explained to be a "maybe", but I can tell you that the maybe is a 100%.

The US have a very bad habit of issuing 20 warnings, several 24 and several 72. This is, once again, the whole "we have to lick the customer's anus despite him *** us over again and again". In Japan and EU, if you speed hack, you're gone in two strikes. In the US, you may actually not even be punished at all.

There are several US players that got to pack up within 2 strikes of taking care of them for speed hacking. But for it to happen, EU policies had to be explained to the US agent, who then needed an approval.
I wouldn't even blame the US agents anyway, the only person to *** up is the person modifying the policies to match his region when the game is worldwide. It creates people who are literally allowed to cheat (JP/US) because they're treated as innocent 24/7, until EU starts to explain and show proof of their wrong doings. In which case, they're swiftly dealt with, thankfully.

Your account is a good example of all this.

leo said: »

If what Senkyuutai is accurate, your situation is still possible under influence of lazy supervision, meaning GMs would be free to act the way they want to.
GMs are tied, so are SGMs (as surprising as it may be, in term of issuing the punishment, the SGM only brings wisdom/knowledge, they do not bring the word of God).

For example, if you insult someone, you'll be issued a warning if it's slight (I got that, I had "***" in my search comment, to give an example), 24 hours suspension if it's harsh but still "appropriate", 72 if it's homophobic, attacking mothers, racist or death threat material. Nuance does exist, which is something players often do not get "my friend only got 24 for verbal abuse, I get 72, what the *** man". This is all too common, especially on forums.

When it comes to cheating specifically, any cheat, it's 72 straight, perma ban after. If someone gets anything but that, it means the GM/SGM was either not sure at all what to do or was scared to ban you (as it's negative numbers for the region and these people want to keep their job, among other reasons). In both cases, a mistake. I've seen a very experienced GM (the most of the US region) issue multiple 24 suspensions (this is actually a possibility, just not in most cases) and 72 hours suspensions. Keep in mind the guy was still a GM after spending nearly a decade working on this game. Should speak about his abilities (you usually turn SGM within 6 months to a year unless it's overcrowded or you are particularly bad/do not care about the promotion).
By Refia1 2015-02-02 10:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

God this guy is just talking out of his ***, seriously people. The US hate thing is old, he is no GM lmao. You can google all the generic ***he is saying.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-02 10:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You can actually find my ex-GM name following the same method. Shouldn't be hard to put the pieces together.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2015-02-02 11:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not doubting you being a GM, I was in contact with one who was in our linkshell during my suspensions. I just didn't see you mention the lazy and not following up review for termination thing. It seemed like an absolute.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-02 11:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told that there was one around your group, yeah, but I never met him within the work environment.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-02 11:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
God this guy is just talking out of his ***, seriously people. The US hate thing is old, he is no GM lmao. You can google all the generic ***he is saying.
Whether he's talking out of his *** or not, the US hate thing is very old.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-02 11:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought Refia was a sock accout(someone with a D specifically), are we taking her seriously now?
By Damane 2015-02-02 12:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

he is not. i know him since years and he worked for SE indeed as a GM
By Refia1 2015-02-02 12:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm ok sry, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt but the US hating thing is rly old at this point. since u were a gm can you think of why they maybe more gungho about the bans now or is there something they can see server side?
By Datruthuhate 2015-02-02 12:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think all of you people saw this and got a lil' nervous nancy & started to panic. SE isnt going to ban ppl just like that anymore, They're most likely suspend you, but not kill your account. I think someone over there finally realized "if i ban him, they're not coming back", so at the end of the day,it seems to me SE is willing to let ppl bend the rules to an extent, to keep us playing & paying. Now if u go into town and start cursing ppl out left & right causing trouble all day everyday... then i think you'd have a good chance at getting beaten with the ban stick. But for now I think everyone just needs to chill out.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-02 13:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ban them they always come back. They have mules anyway and disposable income dictates that the cancellation of accounts isn't a habit.

If they don't come back to FFXI they'll just move to XIV. People just throw money at SE anyway, masochism everywhere.

hmmm ok sry, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt but the US hating thing is rly old at this point. since u were a gm can you think of why they maybe more gungho about the bans now or is there something they can see server side?
When there is a ban wave, it means that people were banned after an investigation was done. When I say investigation, it may be because of a specific exploit or a RMT path being taken down. They can take weeks or months.

Keep in mind people still RMT their gils nowadays, and it's very easy for the network to reach many players who have no idea about what's going on. Much like Nyzul bans, which were based on a different system (much more random, many innocents were banned), innocents are bound to be hit.

Remember what I've repeated many times: contacting them should allow you to recover your account swiftly if you're legit.
It all comes down to the same point: if you're legit/clean/smart, you have nothing to fear and your account will always be given back.

As for the US part, as I explained, each region has different policies. The US just make it MUCH harder for their customers than other regions, that's all.
In EU, say, you were wrongly banned for RMT. You call them on Monday, your account is back within the afternoon or the next day. In the US, you'll have to wait 2 days to 2 weeks, if not more. Between the fact that you have to remind them and the fact that players use the wrong ways to contact them (honestly, if you use anything but phone call/direct chat, you're ***, mails are unreliable as ***), things get incredibly tedious/impossible pretty fast.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-02-02 13:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ban them they always come back. They have mules anyway and disposable income dictates that the cancellation of accounts isn't a habit.

If they don't come back to FFXI they'll just move to XIV. People just throw money at SE anyway, masochism everywhere.

When there is a ban wave, it means that people were banned after an investigation was done. When I say investigation, it may be because of a specific exploit or a RMT path being taken down. They can take weeks or months.

Keep in mind people still RMT their gils nowadays, and it's very easy for the network to reach many players who have no idea about what's going on. Much like Nyzul bans, which were based on a different system (much more random, many innocents were banned), innocents are bound to be hit.

Remember what I've repeated many times: contacting them should allow you to recover your account swiftly if you're legit.
It all comes down to the same point: if you're legit/clean/smart, you have nothing to fear and your account will always be given back.

As for the US part, as I explained, each region has different policies. The US just make it MUCH harder for their customers than other regions, that's all.
In EU, say, you were wrongly banned for RMT. You call them on Monday, your account is back within the afternoon or the next day. In the US, you'll have to wait 2 days to 2 weeks, if not more. Between the fact that you have to remind them and the fact that players use the wrong ways to contact them (honestly, if you use anything but phone call/direct chat, you're ***, mails are unreliable as ***), things get incredibly tedious/impossible pretty fast.

And yet Dasva has had a mule banned for months for trading gil to his main. I don't disbelieve that you're a GM but I don't believe that you will necessarily get your account back even if you are legit, clean, and smart.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-02 13:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If he has an US account and/or was banned long ago, it's perfectly normal.
By Refia1 2015-02-02 14:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ok and maybe u can answer this, how can they determine u are botting if u aren't sent a tell or to jail or a chat box? Since the bans are delayed, how can a GM know if a player is legit or not if they make no attempt for communication?
 leo
By leo 2015-02-02 14:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Open your game files and look the temp folder (in my case it's "C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\TEMP" and inside there's plenty of xxx.log files.

Those are your text logs. Combined with those, the GM has server logs which tell them who were at a certain place at a certain time.

They can download logs from your computer or any other player at the zone at any time.

Plugins echoing stuff or adding custom timestamps to those logs will leave "fingerprints" and if a GM download your logs will know you have "plugins" running on your game. (read "plugins" as 3rd party stuff)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-02 14:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
Plugins echoing stuff or adding custom timestamps to those logs will leave "fingerprints" and if a GM download your logs will know you have "plugins" running on your game
"Banned for having a clock"

First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8