First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-31 13:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
You cant even speak with a GM, customer service rep on their chat or phone support are NOT gms. You can't dispute a ban or find out anything else beyond what the email says, they= are given very little information in regards to ban. So yes a GM with a vendetta is possible, its not hard to hide that. Lets see how pplz are getting banned w/o jail or tell is that customary? No it isnt, they r doing something new and nobody knows why. That is why this thread is alive in the first place lolz

The 17 temp bans I've experienced (Both Legit and ***) have actually fully supported what Senkyuutai is stating.

I have been banned on 1 occasions for MPK (Good ol' BST days) and another Swearing/w.e (It was Definately deserved), the others were due to being afk when I was asked a Q by a GM (Logger Addon caught this) but after I contacted the Supports were able to explain it to me, and I vica versa, it took me 2 hours for a responce (back in 2008) so he isn't BSing you.

The email I had however was a little scarce, but you can get this info from EU Support, I obviously don't know what the US support service is like, but the EU one is decent, I've never had an issue getting them to assist (they even fixed my card payment issue).

May I suggest you not give someone ***and accuse them of lying when you have no proof?

Specially considering everything he has provided is identicle to my experiences with GM's and the supports, I'd at the very least give creadence to what he said, and ignore everything you say on this subject.

If your friends got banned, they have 2 options.

Man up.

Talk to the Support if it's not deserved.

Otherwise take you butt hurt elsewhere!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-01-31 13:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

US support doesn't tell you ***all. I had an account banned for RMT that handled sales for my LS and split the gil with everyone. When I asked support which specific interactions were deemed as RMT and why it got me banned, all the basically told me was to get bent and we can't tell you anything, you're banned deal with it
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-31 13:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This banning for being afk isnt too clear.

Does it means being banned for afking while executing an action?

Because there is no violation not to answer gm. Anyone has the right to leave their char anywhere logged. Bazaaring for example. Or even falling asleep what isnt uncommon.

Once after calling gm, he sent me a tell. It took me a while till i figure that i should use /t name to talk to gm (i was thinking there was a special channel for that) and gm understood i wasnt available and said he would be back later.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-31 13:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Senkyuutai you are recommending I contact SE first before moving my gil around? Seems silly but if that's what it takes..
If you do it before, keep in mind it will have 0 impact in any way as they cannot leave a note on your account.

You can only contact them after and prove that you're legit, in which case they'll lift the suspension (if you have one) within a couple days to a week.

Jetackuu said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
The gil moving is something really annoying because it's system based, GMs have 0 input in that and will never be needed in the process of the suspension.

They keep using the program but they up the threshold, but players keep making more money than the threshold allows.

I've moved up to 150M at once between my characters without getting flagged, that was in 2012, so nowadays up to 300M should be safe if done in one go.
In the worst case, try buying items with your main and then trade to the mule. You should be able to nullify the suspension if you contact the support and specifically ask to identify yourself on both accounts if you used two for the trade.
Honestly, if you're legit, you can reverse anything related to gil moves suspension by simply contacting the support, it takes 2 days at most in EU, US might take a week given the bigger number of people contacting them.
Just see it as an annoying temporary suspension, a bit like Steam and their wallet ***.

It's an annoyance that shouldn't happen at all.
People at SE know it themselves but it's much more complicated than "just a threshold to remove/edit".
By Jetackuu 2015-01-31 13:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm talking from a customer support standpoint, you don't just ban people who aren't in a clear violation just because of some arbitrary rule.

They wonder why the company is floundering.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-31 14:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You do when it's a reliable way to ban thousands of players per day. You think only a few RMTs were banned every day? Even nowadays? There used to be over 1000 RMTs banned each day up until 2012, and probably beyond. You guys don't really understand why this system exist.

Just because a very small amount of legit players get caught doesn't make it a bad system. Especially when the legit players can just call back and get cleared.

If you follow Guildwork, you may have seen the Memento Mori incident. He was back within 3 days. Even if he wasn't banned from the same system, it's a good example of a very small amount of legit players getting caught by another, similar system used.

If you're legit, you're safe in general. The amount of legit players completely banned is tiny. Ramzus for example was probably banned for the wrong reason, but there were more than one reason to suspend and eventually ban him anyway. If you start taking into consideration people who break almost every point of the ToS because they got wrongfully banned, well ***, the system is absolute ***indeed.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-31 14:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you don't when you run the risk of pissing off countless legitimate players/customers to ban a few RMT.

The risks far outweigh the benefits.

Just because a single legit player gets caught makes it a bad system, the fact that you don't comprehend this from a CS and PR standpoint is astounding.

I mean there's a reason people are continuously getting pissed off at SE, probably has something to do with them constantly giving their customers the finger, but it might not, carry on.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-01-31 14:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i mean i'll admit, i obviously botted/flee hacked on that char etc but i'd never been caught or had any warnings against me but then they flat out banned for something i didn't do. if i had been caught for fleehacking it would have been a suspension at most
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-31 14:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

you ban over 200k RMTs for maybe 20 legit players banned for a few days.
It's a very worthy system because of numbers alone.

The whole "pissing off customers" is a very American vision. Obviously nobody wants to piss off any customer, but if it happens within the policies, so be it, the policies are made taking every risk into consideration. The customer is king, that's one thing, licking their anuses is another. If you want American policies, you play and American game, like LoL. There, you'll find everything to make your American self happy. You'll get free game money just by whining and so on. But when it comes to Asian and European companies, *** you, you get nothing. This is how FFXI works.

The benefits far outweigh the risks, which is why the system has been used, is used and will be used. Just because a few people are angry doesn't change the fact that the game just lost 90% of its population in RMT within the past 3 weeks.

CS and PR are completely different. Especially if we're talking SE. I won't go into details but, the backlash of this system only seems big to people reading forums. When you're on the other side, there is a tiny backlash, that has never ended in a negative way for the company. I don't remember a single angry player in my own experience, and I've had a lot about that.

As for the CS point of view, yes, I agree with you fully. But there is more than what you think, it's not easy to use another system for reasons that I'm not allowed to share, I think. But I'm sure you can understand them, they're pretty obvious. I used to think I'm smart like you and tried to come up with a system that wouldn't hurt legit players. I tried really hard, so hard that I came up with 3 systems that don't. But then I realized that none of them would be used, for other reasons than the system working or not. Reality isn't all fluffy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-31 14:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
i mean i'll admit, i obviously botted/flee hacked on that char etc but i'd never been caught or had any warnings against me but then they flat out banned for something i didn't do. if i had been caught for fleehacking it would have been a suspension at most
72 suspension, yes. Perma on the second time.

While the system *** up with you, see it that way: you call to get cleared, they notice your amount of cheating, what do they do?

It's a bit difficult.
By Refia1 2015-01-31 16:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
You cant even speak with a GM, customer service rep on their chat or phone support are NOT gms. You can't dispute a ban or find out anything else beyond what the email says, they= are given very little information in regards to ban. So yes a GM with a vendetta is possible, its not hard to hide that. Lets see how pplz are getting banned w/o jail or tell is that customary? No it isnt, they r doing something new and nobody knows why. That is why this thread is alive in the first place lolz

The 17 temp bans I've experienced (Both Legit and ***) have actually fully supported what Senkyuutai is stating.

I have been banned on 1 occasions for MPK (Good ol' BST days) and another Swearing/w.e (It was Definately deserved), the others were due to being afk when I was asked a Q by a GM (Logger Addon caught this) but after I contacted the Supports were able to explain it to me, and I vica versa, it took me 2 hours for a responce (back in 2008) so he isn't BSing you.

The email I had however was a little scarce, but you can get this info from EU Support, I obviously don't know what the US support service is like, but the EU one is decent, I've never had an issue getting them to assist (they even fixed my card payment issue).

May I suggest you not give someone ***and accuse them of lying when you have no proof?

Specially considering everything he has provided is identicle to my experiences with GM's and the supports, I'd at the very least give creadence to what he said, and ignore everything you say on this subject.

Man up.

This guys is saying generic ***u can google... idk how you think he would even be a GM lolz. Sorry, they dont tell u anything when they ban you outside of generic ***. Yes ppl wanna know specifically what they were banned for, even if its a huge term "cheating/botting" so they don't do it again. PPlz I know were banned while IN MOG HOUSE, so obviously they wondering WTF i did to be banned?? Srsly, this guy think hes saying some educated ***when its pretty basic stuff, we all know. Contact the support center and see if they give you ***, they will tell you to *** off.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-01-31 16:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Man up.

This guys is saying generic ***u can google... idk how you think he would even be a GM lolz. Sorry, they dont tell u anything when they ban you outside of generic ***. Yes ppl wanna know specifically what they were banned for, even if its a huge term "cheating/botting" so they don't do it again. PPlz I know were banned while IN MOG HOUSE, so obviously they wondering WTF i did to be banned?? Srsly, this guy think hes saying some educated ***when its pretty basic stuff, we all know. Contact the support center and see if they give you ***, they will tell you to *** off.

You keep talking about this person that got banned in their mog house. I have to ask: what does being in the mog house have to with the ban as they do not have to be carried out in real time. I really am curious because if the STF tags a person for something, I don't see why they have to ban that person right away unless its time sensitive.

In the case of everyone I've ever talked to, they're usually suspended or banned for things they did hours or even days before with the rare case being months before. And all of them have always gotten an answer when they call CS as well. As with any calls to a support line, it can come down to the agent you talk to.
By Refia1 2015-01-31 16:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

its just a little unreal cuz we all thought this was a joke, the STF. Ppl in this very thread even said that se wont ban u unless its very serious, but obviously now they are doing ***when b4 they did nothing at all cuz ppl used to bot 24/7 for months.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-31 16:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What?

So you think you can dupe, rmt, do racial offense, but once you get inside your mog house, youre safe from anything?

It should be pretty clear by now, there is no instant ban. There is a long sequence of actions that will result in a banning.

Eyeballing, it should be something like:

- violation
- others players notices/system catch suspicious transactions
- players call gm
- fill a paper with incident and send it to be analyzed
- ??? That decide what incident will be analyzed
- check logs to see whats up
- do a report
- send to some superior instance to see in light of ToS
- send to someone to decide if player is culprit. If yes, decide the punishment
- do punishment

It should take some time, its not instant.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-01-31 16:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

its just a little unreal cuz we all thought this was a joke, the STF. Ppl in this very thread even said that se wont ban u unless its very serious, but obviously now they are doing ***when b4 they did nothing at all cuz ppl used to bot 24/7 for months.

I've seen enough people banned over the last 11 years to know enforcement has always been important to the FFXI team. It just took them years to form the formal team known as the STF because they were inexperienced in MMOs before FFXI. SE even tried to add enforcement features right into the infrastructure of FFXIV but it ended up a laggy and messy flop.

Also, the vocal minority that screams out at issues like this really are a small amount from a PR and CS standpoint when you look at the actual numbers. Probably less than 1% out of all the players banned were legit with the numbers having to be in the thousands of wrongful bans to even warrant any change.

I don't see that happening as the system, although flawed, seems to work for SE and too many people in this game are of the mindset that they simply can't get bannned for anything.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-01-31 17:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-31 17:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Had you read what I typed about personal experience, the support team for EU

DO *** TELL YOU WHY YOU GOT BANNED SO SHUT
THE
UP

CHRIST.

You see how you made me use the cap locks key because your inability to read is annoying as hell.

Don't make me bust out you can't be that stupid meme.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-01-31 17:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
Server: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2015-01-31 18:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

here we go
[+]
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-01-31 18:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Had you read what I typed about personal experience, the support team for EU

DO *** TELL YOU WHY YOU GOT BANNED SO SHUT
THE
UP

CHRIST.

You see how you made me use the cap locks key because your inability to read is annoying as hell.

Don't make me bust out you can't be that stupid meme.
Unfortunately that sadly is not the case in all situation for NA players as it seems the person I have been speaking to received no such contact in game or through their registered email account. By no means was that player 100% vanilla when it came to what they use for the game but they aren't using any of the more frowned upon tools. At this point just waiting to get in contact with SE on what possible reasoning was used.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-01-31 18:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

GMs are here to enforce policies. Why do people cry when they do? No matter if there are 3 players left, policies exist, GMs are here to enforce them.

Either stay clean or get your *** enforced, that's all.

Such a muddy issue overall. Even staying clean isn't enough though. Back in 2006 my original character was hacked/banned. Was all bad luck from my understanding. Maybe a week or two prior to the happenings, a friend had quit and left his account in my hands. I transferred everything over from it, gil, gear, even the most basic of NPCables cause my main had capped fame for more gil lol. That apparently flagged me as RMT. Fast forward a week or two and I catch that iframe issue that was going on with...ffxi.somepage? I forget the site. Anyways, hacked, personal info changed, all that fun stuff. CS was less than helpful, but I was able to get the notarized form that you had to fax them back. Send that in, give em a call 2 days later, and find out the account was banned for RMT activity before the hacking. And this was at a time when bannings weren't reversed. :/

Besides, it's difficult to take the white knight approach and say stay clean and you're safe when you see dozens of people speed/pos hacking daily, people botting reives, botting skill ups, bragging about dupping, farming Ramparts, etc. Hell, on Bahamut 3 of my friends pretty much straight bot JPs 24/5 and only actually play on the weekends. It's even had the interesting effect of making our Unity rank 1 for over a 1.5 months in a row with 1.5-2x the points of the 2nd ranked Unity. Nothing has been done. Not saying I want it to, but seeing these things happen, it's difficult to imagine people actually getting banned anymore. Besides the recent-ish Salvage temp bans, I can't even recall the last person that I know that was banned.
[+]
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2015-01-31 19:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just chiming in to say that the way you type really pisses me off. Please, fix it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-01-31 19:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
GMs are here to enforce policies. Why do people cry when they do? No matter if there are 3 players left, policies exist, GMs are here to enforce them.

Such a muddy issue overall. Even staying clean isn't enough though. Back in 2006 my original character was hacked/banned. Was all bad luck from my understanding. Maybe a week or two prior to the happenings, a friend had quit and left his account in my hands. I transferred everything over from it, gil, gear, even the most basic of NPCables cause my main had capped fame for more gil lol. That apparently flagged me as RMT. Fast forward a week or two and I catch that iframe issue that was going on with...ffxi.somepage? I forget the site. Anyways, hacked, personal info changed, all that fun stuff. CS was less than helpful, but I was able to get the notarized form that you had to fax them back. Send that in, give em a call 2 days later, and find out the account was banned for RMT activity before the hacking. And this was at a time when bannings weren't reversed. :/

Besides, it's difficult to take the white knight approach and say stay clean and you're safe when you see dozens of people speed/pos hacking daily, people botting reives, botting skill ups, bragging about dupping, farming Ramparts, etc. Hell, on Bahamut 3 of my friends pretty much straight bot JPs 24/5 and only actually play on the weekends. It's even had the interesting effect of making our Unity rank 1 for over a 1.5 months in a row with 1.5-2x the points of the 2nd ranked Unity. Nothing has been done. Not saying I want it to, but seeing these things happen, it's difficult to imagine people actually getting banned anymore. Besides the recent-ish Salvage temp bans, I can't even recall the last person that I know that was banned.

It's kind of hard to argue against a guy who thinks they're doing nothing wrong, and everything for the sake of getting RMT is justified.

Personally I don't care if the rest of the playerbase is flee hacking and buying/selling gil 24/7/365, I'm not, and a lot of others aren't either. Hell technically just by using this site is a violation of the ToS if we want to get to the bottom of the barrel.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-31 20:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »

It's kind of hard to argue against a guy who thinks they're doing nothing wrong, and everything for the sake of getting RMT is justified.

Personally I don't care if the rest of the playerbase is flee hacking and buying/selling gil 24/7/365, I'm not, and a lot of others aren't either. Hell technically just by using this site is a violation of the ToS if we want to get to the bottom of the barrel.

Actually yes and no...

Se encourages players to use fan sites to find info for game quests and such, and granted certain features of this site are a breach of those ToS, you using it, is not.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-31 20:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Matter of interpretation, but I can agree to disagree.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-31 20:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Matter of interpretation, but I can agree to disagree.

Well lets look at it logically.

Does the ToS state that you can not use any third party tools that interfere with FFXI?

Yes.

But you using a website, that simply displays someones else's info, is not you using a third party tool, someone else is using it.

So it's their breach not yours.

It's almost tantermount to watching a video of someone shouting JPRONY in Town and getting banned, you're not doing it, you're simply watching it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-31 21:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading these GM/Ban testimonials disappoints me. Again, who is reporting people? Cuz its definitely not the botters who are being removed.
By Calibeaner916 2015-01-31 21:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

who gives a ***. game sucks now. wasted last 3 months beefing the toon up to what? stand around. LOLFFxi.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-31 21:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Must be a miserable life you live, to quit the game and still be clinging to its last bit of life on this website. You could just move on with stuff,y'know, if this game didn't matter to you.

Kinda paradoxical. You hate the game so much, you troll it any chance you get and can't stop visiting game-based sites. Odd.
[+]
 Sylph.Murex
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Murex 2015-01-31 22:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Cerberus.Rabies said: »
Cheating/Botting is pretty specific.. Did they expect to be told which cheat/bot banned them so they could tell people not to use? There not stupid.
They don't want to ban people. If a specific cheat/bot is banworthy, I'd reckon spreading the word not to use it would accomplish their goals(lower it's use) with the least bans.

But even past that, the automated emails say the offense was on [day the email was sent]. Can't be right, if offense was weeks/months ago like in my case then the date is certainly just coming from the system.

My last suspension was from 2 weeks before they actualy suspended me.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8