Forum » FFXI » General » Ban Stick
Ban Stick
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-30 16:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

............So legit players are beign accused of wrongdoing and subsequently banned? What kind of crock of an investigation is that?
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-30 16:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
............So legit players are beign accused of wrongdoing and subsequently banned? What kind of crock of an investigation is that?

Well, he's still trying to determine the actual reason but one of his thoughts was the gil thing. I'm not sure about all the particulars or if SE can/will reverse such decisions but it's not right what happened to him.
 Cerberus.Rabies
user: Rabies666
By Cerberus.Rabies 2015-01-30 16:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

"Legit" so they say, can google 'ffxi LM-17' or whatever the permban is and read the thousands of stories of "Legit" being banned. I have no idea if they were or not, SE has no due process so avoid doing anything to fall into the RMT radar is best.
By Refia1 2015-01-30 16:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I know my friend was banned recently cuz they were overnight botting JP. They said they didn't even get a GM tell about it and they were banned while in town. No GM or jail but they ban her.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-30 16:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, crap... All my gil is with my mithra mule and i wont be able to recover it...

i guess even virtual females just end with all guys money..
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-30 16:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
I know my friend was banned recently cuz they were overnight botting JP. They said they didn't even get a GM tell about it and they were banned while in town. No GM or jail but they ban her.

I wonder if going afk on the beach in Ceizak Battlegrounds while skilling up on an Uragnite could be construed as botting.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-01-30 16:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rabies said: »
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html Bans every month for past 6 years. Mostly RMT related but some are "Legit" players just wrongly accused. Heard of people banned for trading large amounts of gil between characters, making too much gil off NPCs and so on. Maybe they just fell under the RMT radar for whatever reason? Don't think it'll kill the game.

There was a rumor of this on my server. Anybody can back this up?

If this were true, i would have been banned already. I have the ls bank and trade gil with my mule and all my members every month for the past 2 yrs.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-30 16:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Reiden said: »
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html Bans every month for past 6 years. Mostly RMT related but some are "Legit" players just wrongly accused. Heard of people banned for trading large amounts of gil between characters, making too much gil off NPCs and so on. Maybe they just fell under the RMT radar for whatever reason? Don't think it'll kill the game.

If this were true, i would have been banned already. I have the ls bank and trade gil with my mule and all my members every month for the past 2 yrs.

I didn't know WW does paydays. :o
 Cerberus.Rabies
By Cerberus.Rabies 2015-01-30 16:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Refia1 said: »

I wonder if going afk on the beach in Ceizak Battlegrounds while skilling up on an Uragnite could be construed as botting.

If they didn't get a tell from a GM then it was probably another reason. I don't think it would be Ava, since you're not doing any movements or actions rather than auto attack but it's SE who knows :\.
By Refia1 2015-01-30 16:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No it wasn't another reason, the GM didn't send a tell or bring them to jail at all. They simply got disconnected from game and sent an email saying they were cheating/botting.
 Cerberus.Rabies
By Cerberus.Rabies 2015-01-30 16:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Reiden said: »

Yeah, might not be true but I couldn't imagine why RMT would sell stuff on AH to their mules for 100M on a regular basis.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28586/banned-for-too-much-gil-flow

There is a post from someone who was banned for too much gil flow, the people at SE told him he had to much gil flow, How much is too much I couldn't say.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-30 18:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing is for sure, they don't bot for speedhacks or botting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-30 18:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The ONLY thing they care about is if you are selling gil. They don't give a ***about anything anymore as long as you don't sell it.

And MOST of the people who sell it, get away with it. If you sell it, you're competing with them, and that they don't like. OBVIOUSLY buying gil is fine... look at all the people who buy.

If you got bant, you did some shady ***, very rarely do they actually care enough to ban someone who isn't making it obvious. Everyone who cries about getting banned, highly likely that you're full of ***. Things do happen, and 1 in a million are legitimately wrongfully accused.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-30 18:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i got lm-11'd on the 29th for cheating/botting the 28th my chars had not left mh in 3 days leading up to that but i did sell like 8 sombra tights +1 so maybe gil flow ?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-30 18:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

not sayin im innocent or anything lol nobody wants to run slow ever
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-30 18:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
i got lm-11'd on the 29th for cheating/botting the 28th my chars had not left mh in 3 days leading up to that but i did sell like 8 sombra tights +1 so maybe gil flow ?

Umm..can I have one of those Sombra+1's? :)
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-30 19:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Being on the Ban Hammer!

I would just go play ff14 (it's actually kinda fun but I don't see replay value in it so it's a short term fix till VR comes out!!!!!!!)
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-30 19:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Know of someone who just got a temp recently but wasn't issued any statement from SE or contact from GM. Even the person in question isn't sure on the exact nature of it.
Unless US account, an email is ALWAYS sent explaining why the player is suspended.

In the case of a US account, if you don't have an email it's a mistake on the agent and you can call the support to ask the reason, they should tell you, but once again, US employees aren't really professional so you're never guaranteed they'll follow policies.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-01-30 19:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Too much gil flow is possible. A guy on Bismarck got a mule banned for it when he was skilling up a craft 100-110.
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
Server: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2015-01-30 19:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I dont understand this with the game in its current state....
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-30 19:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my point.... maybe 5 years ago when the population was much higher. Now you're banning legit players who may dabble in speedhacks or money laundering? Why? Do you want this game to die?

At this point, who really cares? I used to get upset about people who botted reives, but after a while, realized its because square all but forced people to do that, with their unreasonable expecations of ergon. I'm just wondering why banning people is even a thing now, since the majority of the player base has left, and
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-30 19:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

GMs are here to enforce policies. Why do people cry when they do? No matter if there are 3 players left, policies exist, GMs are here to enforce them.

Either stay clean or get your *** enforced, that's all.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-30 20:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont overestimate number cheaters/botters/rmts.

Banning some of them wont scratch the current situation, and will disestimulate this kind of behavior.

And if the game has to die, so be it. like a corrupted living game is better than adead game.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-01-30 20:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
disestimulate

what does this word mean? :X
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-30 20:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Banning some of them wont scratch the current situation, and will disestimulate this kind of behavior.

And if the game has to die, so be it. like a corrupted living game is better than adead game.

Its not a word.

But as for the bolded, just....stop. A corrupt active game is far better than a dead one. Wherever money is to be gained, its always a plus. Just because you may be feeling all noble and just, the game creators only give a care about one color, and its not bright white.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-30 20:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
disestimulate

what does this word mean? :X

Sorry, i mixed the portuguese here. The right word is

Discourage.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-30 20:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not a word.

But as for the bolded, just....stop. A corrupt active game is far better than a dead one. Wherever money is to be gained, its always a plus. Just because you may be feeling all noble and just, the game creators only give a care about one color, and its not bright white.

Feeling noble is great.

You dont need to be "noble", "saint" or "angel" to do the right thing. Your messed logic is: if you arent "noble" youre as good as devil so all is valid.

Not so much to heaven or hell. There are a grey zone where people arent exactly "good" but they are too far from accepting any kind of cheat/rmting as normal.

Luckly those are the majority.

About what creators think, thats you saying, so i expect you have some information to claim that.
 Cerberus.Rabies
By Cerberus.Rabies 2015-01-30 20:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I still play and enjoy playing Diablo 2 to this day and nothing can get more corrupt than that.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8