Ban Stick
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Pantafernando 2015-01-31 08:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Blittzjr said: »
Pantafernando said: »
I think any argument that start with "game is dying" to justify transgression is wrong in its root.

Its naive and egocentric. Half truth, and half truth is entire lie.

The game is dying for non jp community. But jp community, from my pov, seems still solid. I wouldgo as far as to say that every server should have at least peaks of 1000 people online in jp peak time. Honestly, i dont know if thats considered a relevant number, but it seems its enough to keep the server active.

All the rest, are just transient comunity, will come to increase profit, but the actual client is the jp community and for them, the decisions will be made.

And i would say just for the fact ps2 is still active for playing, that show there is a non negligible amount of players that cant cheat no matter what, thus playing legit. Also, often i read here jp community is active in denunciation in of. You can call it "bitching", but its a fact a good amount of them cares with rules in this game, and oblige SE to reinforce them. And for the bad luck of transgressors, they are the main community in this game so they cant just ignore them, as SE often does with most of english topics in of.

600 players monthly banned, that around 40ish less subscription in every server. Its even less than 4% of community that shouldnt be doing nothing but generating inflaction to the game.

Don't go saying just because few of people that couldnt keep low profile theirs transgression were banned that the game is dying, and that any rule should be ignored. There is no way a game can be played without rules. A community without limits, is just a jungle. And lets everyone go back to cave.

But this is going to say that JP don't use third party programs, or speed/bot hack themselves? What is your point?

If that's the case then the rules should be fair for everyone. But at the same time who's to say that they don't get banned either? Once again not the point of the post. We never said that the rules should be ignored, the point is with subscribers dropping every month, you're getting rid of people based off of speculation, which doesn't make sense with the current condition of the game.

Just because there are 1000 JP players on at peak time, also doesn't mean that a number of those players don't use third party programs.

Thats also a speculation.

And sure jps use third party programs. But the point was that jp number shows thats false the game is in a so bad state like many people here love to spread. (Btw i think my point is explicit in the very first line of your quote).

Dropping 40 accounts monthly in a server with over 1000 playing account (not mentioning eu/na population and accounts not playing - and server like odin can easily hit 1700, even 1900 in weekend) just for violation of some kind of rule isnt a reason to start saying "game is dying, why ban?".

Again, i never said jp are free from cheats/rmt, etc. My only argument is against people who use "games dying" for anything.

But if you consider aside pc/xbox that all players have, there are ps2, you can infere at least, there are more jp players playing legitimelly, going also against other lie the same people who says "games dying" like to use: "that everyone cheats, so why ban"

So, no, game isnt dying because of ban, neither bans will contribute to keep the game going on or break once for all, and no, not everyone is cheating.

In the end of day, the Message that will left is: someone WAS punished for violations. Keep that in mind next time you do your ***. None is immune.

You're contradicting almost everything you're saying lol. So ill take that as this discussion is over.

Yes, it seems your strong point isnt reading, so lets stop here.
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2015-01-31 08:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think any argument that start with "game is dying" to justify transgression is wrong in its root.

Its naive and egocentric. Half truth, and half truth is entire lie.

The game is dying for non jp community. But jp community, from my pov, seems still solid. I wouldgo as far as to say that every server should have at least peaks of 1000 people online in jp peak time. Honestly, i dont know if thats considered a relevant number, but it seems its enough to keep the server active.

All the rest, are just transient comunity, will come to increase profit, but the actual client is the jp community and for them, the decisions will be made.

And i would say just for the fact ps2 is still active for playing, that show there is a non negligible amount of players that cant cheat no matter what, thus playing legit. Also, often i read here jp community is active in denunciation in of. You can call it "bitching", but its a fact a good amount of them cares with rules in this game, and oblige SE to reinforce them. And for the bad luck of transgressors, they are the main community in this game so they cant just ignore them, as SE often does with most of english topics in of.

600 players monthly banned, that around 40ish less subscription in every server. Its even less than 4% of community that shouldnt be doing nothing but generating inflaction to the game.

Don't go saying just because few of people that couldnt keep low profile theirs transgression were banned that the game is dying, and that any rule should be ignored. There is no way a game can be played without rules. A community without limits, is just a jungle. And lets everyone go back to cave.

But this is going to say that JP don't use third party programs, or speed/bot hack themselves? What is your point?

If that's the case then the rules should be fair for everyone. But at the same time who's to say that they don't get banned either? Once again not the point of the post. We never said that the rules should be ignored, the point is with subscribers dropping every month, you're getting rid of people based off of speculation, which doesn't make sense with the current condition of the game.

Just because there are 1000 JP players on at peak time, also doesn't mean that a number of those players don't use third party programs.

Thats also a speculation.

And sure jps use third party programs. But the point was that jp number shows thats false the game is in a so bad state like many people here love to spread. (Btw i think my point is explicit in the very first line of your quote).

Dropping 40 accounts monthly in a server with over 1000 playing account (not mentioning eu/na population and accounts not playing - and server like odin can easily hit 1700, even 1900 in weekend) just for violation of some kind of rule isnt a reason to start saying "game is dying, why ban?".

Again, i never said jp are free from cheats/rmt, etc. My only argument is against people who use "games dying" for anything.

But if you consider aside pc/xbox that all players have, there are ps2, you can infere at least, there are more jp players playing legitimelly, going also against other lie the same people who says "games dying" like to use: "that everyone cheats, so why ban"

So, no, game isnt dying because of ban, neither bans will contribute to keep the game going on or break once for all, and no, not everyone is cheating.

In the end of day, the Message that will left is: someone WAS punished for violations. Keep that in mind next time you do your ***. None is immune.

You're contradicting almost everything you're saying lol. So ill take that as this discussion is over.

Yes, it seems your strong point isnt reading, so lets stop here.

Its hard to read and comprehend someone that contradicts themselves.
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2015-01-31 08:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news, I feel as though this is more from reports, than actual GM's simply investigating accounts. So from this point on I guess just be careful with what you're doing. They seem to catch people more while in town than in the outside maps.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-01-31 09:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
I honestly find it disheartening that a moderator of this site can be so anti xi and pro xiv. People are welcome to their own opinions on which game to play but it seems like a moderator should be open to both.

I agree. Aelius was one of the nicer people I encounter in this game. don't know why he would just say such stong negative things about FFXI.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-31 09:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
I honestly find it disheartening that a moderator of this site can be so anti xi and pro xiv. People are welcome to their own opinions on which game to play but it seems like a moderator should be open to both.

I agree. Aelius was one of the nicer people I encounter in this game. don't know why he would just say such stong negative things about FFXI.

It was hardly a strong negative thing, he simply stated that the game is on its way out, with the higher emphasis and support of staff moving to 14, and the dwindling ff11 player base, content won't be their focal point for 11 for too much longer.

I'm not saying ff11 is on the verge of deleting (2 years I recon) but I do agree with Aelius it's time for a new adventure.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-01-31 09:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the GM's, to save time on the investigation, suspended all the people reported more than once. Can they check if people use windower? that would be another quick way/excuse to suspend someone and save time.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-01-31 09:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone seems to be under the assumption that all the bans are just from reports and that there is no investigation.

I venture to think that the STF has been investigating and already tagged people months ago for bans in some cases. It seems they like to get a certain number after some wait before they ban a bunch all at once to boast those numbers.

Even if you haven't touched your bot or fleehacked in over 6 months, I'd say you're not safe at all.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-01-31 10:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

It was hardly a strong negative thing, he simply stated that the game is on its way out, with the higher emphasis and support of staff moving to 14, and the dwindling ff11 player base, content won't be their focal point for 11 for too much longer.

I'm not saying ff11 is on the verge of deleting (2 years I recon) but I do agree with Aelius it's time for a new adventure.

Yea but there's no need to persuade me or other people who's still here to go on a new adventure. Just let it be. If the game is dwindling let it dwindle on its own. No reason to contribute to make it go faster.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-31 11:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I'm 99% sure that the current wave of bans is purely based on reports with no actual verification on the part of the GMs.

Open season on people you don't like! Report them on all your mules and get them permabanned!
A player cannot be issued a suspension unless there is a 100% proof that the player did do something bad.

Therefore, no, you cannot get suspended on a GM's whim. First, they'd get into big troubles, second, a SGM would never green light it. And if we speak SGM, they're way too scared to do anything.

Keep in mind that none of the GM knows anything about speed hacking, among other things. They have flows explaining what is what, but the flows are much more lenient than you think. It's very hard to get suspended unless you clearly do something wrong (insults, money moves, speed/pos hack above a certain value, do not answer a GM sending you a tell and a few others I forget).

While GMs can judge and issue punishment, they cannot do as they wish, they have to follow their policies.

Refia1 said: »
My friend was in her mog house before they banned her. They didn't send tell or jail or even go into details, simply "cheat/botting" in the email. Either there is a new GM on the force that has a personal vendetta against anyone known doing 3rd party things or they are going through all kinds of logs to ban people.
GMs are not allowed personal vendetta, they'd get fired.

If you get suspended before any talk happen, you were either automatically suspended by the system as the result of a mass ban wave or you were deemed afk by the GM.

Speaking of, a GM can force a fake afk in his report, but it's pretty rare as it would end up giving the GM troubles if it's found out.

Also, you guys need to keep in mind that whatever you say can be read by a GM. Many players aren't smart at all and will discuss things openly. I remember a guy who called a GM because he was being MPK'd and he ended up getting a perma ban because he was flee hacking as he called the GM. An other guy reported someone for insults and a few lines above admitted to speed hacking in Nyzul.

The examples are countless. Don't be dumb and you'll never have any suspension, no matter what you do. Oh and yeah, if you're that "big name", keep your ego inside, don't go opening your mouth too much and you won't have half of the server reporting you. I actually speak from experience here.
By Wordspoken 2015-01-31 11:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
]A player cannot be issued a suspension unless there is a 100% proof that the player did do something bad.
Considering that the would-be-banned will not see the "evidence" this is a moot point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but GMs don't show you afterwards with what proof they hand out punishment.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-31 11:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The person suspended always receives an email unless what I pointed out in an earlier post happens, which is a professional mistake anyway and shouldn't happen.

Well, I'll correct you then: you are sent an email when suspended and if you have an EU account (the procedure is different for EU and US/JP), you'll be reminded your mistake and asked if you have any questions before you're let out of jail. An US account player will be let out of jail before the suspension is issued. I'm not sure about JP.

So, yeah, assuming GMs do their work properly, you'll always know why you were suspended for. I can speak about this both as a player and as an actual employee as I've faced GM policies on both sides. I've gotten in jail and out of it without any suspension despite many, many, maaaany people reporting me every day.

Not saying innocent people aren't being suspended, though, but they're a very tiny minority because GMs are scared shitless to suspend an innocent player.
By Wordspoken 2015-01-31 11:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

And does the email have any more information than "you are banned:LM-31"? That's not proof...
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-01-31 11:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Right but aren't those e-mails usually pretty generic?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-31 11:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
And does the email have any more information than "you are banned:LM-31"? That's not proof...
Right but aren't those e-mails usually pretty generic?
They aren't.

There is a template for each different offense.

Example in case of verbal abuse:

Quote:
you have been banned because you breached the paragraph X, Y and Z: do not use profanity and other bad language.

What you said:
"bla bla bla
bla bla bla"

You'll be suspended for X hours starting today at midnight.

So, once again, if you receive an email and it doesn't clearly say what you did, contact the support. The support can tell you what the mail should read. You have the right to ask why you were banned, just don't try to counter it as even if it was a mistake, any punishment issued cannot be removed.
By Refia1 2015-01-31 11:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

They are... my friends said "Cheating/Botting" No specific explanation as to what it was. This idiot is talking out of his *** lmao xD r u a GM Senkyuutai? if not stfu please, you don't know ***.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-31 11:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I was a SE employee for a few years, yes, which is why I can talk about all of this with certitude.
By Refia1 2015-01-31 11:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

yea the SE GM of italy, lmao plz i doubt it how many times have we heard that
By Pantafernando 2015-01-31 11:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

His flag is france...
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-01-31 11:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So you can be banned moving gil between mules? I need to move some soon but worried. I thought they stopped using the program that detects large amounts of gil being moved since its banning honest players?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-31 11:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The gil moving is something really annoying because it's system based, GMs have 0 input in that and will never be needed in the process of the suspension.

They keep using the program but they up the threshold, but players keep making more money than the threshold allows.

I've moved up to 150M at once between my characters without getting flagged, that was in 2012, so nowadays up to 300M should be safe if done in one go.
In the worst case, try buying items with your main and then trade to the mule. You should be able to nullify the suspension if you contact the support and specifically ask to identify yourself on both accounts if you used two for the trade.
Honestly, if you're legit, you can reverse anything related to gil moves suspension by simply contacting the support, it takes 2 days at most in EU, US might take a week given the bigger number of people contacting them.
Just see it as an annoying temporary suspension, a bit like Steam and their wallet ***.
 Cerberus.Rabies
user: Rabies666
By Cerberus.Rabies 2015-01-31 11:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They are... my friends said "Cheating/Botting" No specific explanation as to what it was. This idiot is talking out of his *** lmao xD r u a GM Senkyuutai? if not stfu please, you don't know ***.

Cheating/Botting is pretty specific.. Did they expect to be told which cheat/bot banned them so they could tell people not to use? There not stupid.
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-01-31 11:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like if moving gil around was an issue, it would only be so if your moving like 400m in a day or something, or i would be banned myself.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-31 12:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rabies said: »

Cheating/Botting is pretty specific.. Did they expect to be told which cheat/bot banned them so they could tell people not to use? There not stupid.
Actually, GMs are allowed to tell players which plugin, bot or any third party program was used by the player and justified his punishment.

Back when Nyzul bans were common, players were specifically told that flee hacking was what got them in jail/suspended (the term Clipper was used, especially if the player was smart enough to mention it).
When a guy used that windower plug in allowing them to see hidden NPCs (forgot the name, blinkmenot I believe, I still have the version somewhere) which made them rich as ***, they were told why they were banned.

Except maybe the very first guy who posted on BG about using this exploit, this guy was destroyed without explanation I think.
By Refia1 2015-01-31 12:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You cant even speak with a GM, customer service rep on their chat or phone support are NOT gms. You can't dispute a ban or find out anything else beyond what the email says, they= are given very little information in regards to ban. So yes a GM with a vendetta is possible, its not hard to hide that. Lets see how pplz are getting banned w/o jail or tell is that customary? No it isnt, they r doing something new and nobody knows why. That is why this thread is alive in the first place lolz
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-01-31 12:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You cant even speak with a GM, customer service rep on their chat or phone support are NOT gms. You can't dispute a ban or find out anything else beyond what the email says, they= are given very little information in regards to ban. So yes a GM with a vendetta is possible, its not hard to hide that. Lets see how pplz are getting banned w/o jail or tell is that customary? No it isnt, they r doing something new and nobody knows why. That is why this thread is alive in the first place lolz

Actually, the bolded part is nothing new at all.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-31 12:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure that none of the GMs ever banned someone because they had a vendetta. For the simple reason that I was the only employee to know the names being reported or reporting.

Most of the big names here and on BG are no names at SE, so you can easily understand that anyone that isn't a big name in the community is literally who.
I was famous in the bad way within the GM service, to give you an actual example, yet they never issued any suspension toward me.

The support and GMs are different people but they have access to the same information on players account. The reason for a suspension is always recorded whether the player receives it or not. Not doing so results in the GM getting his *** kicked or fired if done repeatedly.

Being a GM is a full time work, they're not on holiday.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-31 12:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rabies said: »
They don't want to ban people. If a specific cheat/bot is banworthy, I'd reckon spreading the word not to use it would accomplish their goals(lower it's use) with the least bans.

But even past that, the automated emails say the offense was on [day the email was sent]. Can't be right, if offense was weeks/months ago like in my case then the date is certainly just coming from the system.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-01-31 13:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Senkyuutai you are recommending I contact SE first before moving my gil around? Seems silly but if that's what it takes..
By Jetackuu 2015-01-31 13:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
The gil moving is something really annoying because it's system based, GMs have 0 input in that and will never be needed in the process of the suspension.

They keep using the program but they up the threshold, but players keep making more money than the threshold allows.

I've moved up to 150M at once between my characters without getting flagged, that was in 2012, so nowadays up to 300M should be safe if done in one go.
In the worst case, try buying items with your main and then trade to the mule. You should be able to nullify the suspension if you contact the support and specifically ask to identify yourself on both accounts if you used two for the trade.
Honestly, if you're legit, you can reverse anything related to gil moves suspension by simply contacting the support, it takes 2 days at most in EU, US might take a week given the bigger number of people contacting them.
Just see it as an annoying temporary suspension, a bit like Steam and their wallet ***.

It's an annoyance that shouldn't happen at all.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8