Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-01-30 21:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What I don't understand is...

The game is dying. That's clear. SE knows this with all the campaigns and double xp/points/etc that they do nearly every few weeks.

Furthermore, the need for more than 2 accounts. Are the players really that bored with the game that they have to the same exact ***over and over per extra account just to obtain certain items because of the lack of a decent population? That's just a waste of money and could be playing a much better game in my opinion.

Allegedly, SE is banning accounts because of high gil transfers between accounts. If that just doesn't take the cake and you continue to just pay them money for them to *** with you like that, why bother? Must seriously be a Vana'diel diehard for sure. There's other worlds out there to be explored. Vana'diel is on it's way to apocalypse.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-01-30 21:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps it's personal preference here when I say this, but I don't think there's any fun factor when you're paying nearly $100 a month doing the same exact thing over and over in one game.

To each their own.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
Server: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2015-01-30 22:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not about being clean and being dirty. At this point in time its more about having something to be clean and dirty with. If there were only 3 people online get real the game is done and the terms and service will not matter anymore, so that logic is out of the window.

Point is with the population dwindling I don't see why they're enforcing and banning people at the pace they are now when the numbers are so low and getting worse by the month. I know people who have been playing since launch that got banned. I just don't see the point anymore.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-01-30 22:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »

The game is dying. That's clear. SE knows this with all the campaigns and double xp/points/etc that they do nearly every few weeks.

Furthermore, the need for more than 2 accounts. Are the players really that bored with the game that they have to the same exact ***over and over per extra account just to obtain certain items because of the lack of a decent population? That's just a waste of money and could be playing a much better game in my opinion.

Allegedly, SE is banning accounts because of high gil transfers between accounts. If that just doesn't take the cake and you continue to just pay them money for them to *** with you like that, why bother? Must seriously be a Vana'diel diehard for sure. There's other worlds out there to be explored. Vana'diel is on it's way to apocalypse.

Aelius your point is the players who are still playing should just quit and play another game or do something else? well the people still playing must still enjoy something about the game that you don't anymore. theres no need for you or anyone to keep mentioning the game is dying. also most people only have one account or 2 max. 2 max is like 30 dollars. where u get 100 dollars from?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-30 22:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Blittzjr said: »
Its not about being clean and being dirty. At this point in time its more about having something to be clean and dirty with. If there were only 3 people online get real the game is done and the terms and service will not matter anymore, so that logic is out of the window.

Point is with the population dwindling I don't see why they're enforcing and banning people at the pace they are now when the numbers are so low and getting worse by the month. I know people who have been playing since launch that got banned. I just don't see the point anymore.

Early nomination for Quote of 2015.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-01-30 23:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly find it disheartening that a moderator of this site can be so anti xi and pro xiv. People are welcome to their own opinions on which game to play but it seems like a moderator should be open to both.
[+]
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2015-01-30 23:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asking that question, why bother? It has a simple answer. Simply because they want to. SE has madethis game somewhat more soloable and the fact that some people can dual box or tri box a bcnm or event saves you alot of the time needed to shout in town for someone to join in on a run. Also reduces the risk of bringing a noob (no offense) so you can simply do things yourself. It can simply be a means of adjusting to the current state of the game. Just because something is dying doesnt mean that its dead. I think people highly confuse the two.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-30 23:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

11+yr game should be free to play and have a non existent ToS.
Its not like they're introducing huge new content these days.
Banning people at this point doesnt really make sense but nothing SE does with MMOs ever really did.
[+]
 Siren.Dilandu
Server: Siren
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2015-01-30 23:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
not sayin im innocent or anything lol nobody wants to run slow ever

Scoring a few touchdown for Polk High is considered cheating now?

Cerberus.Rabies said: »
I still play and enjoy playing Diablo 2 to this day and nothing can get more corrupt than that.

D2 is the reason I started playing FF11. I stopped playing this game because the cheats got ridiculous. 4 socket Arcane Valor, 6 socket Windforce, Occulus Ring, etc. When a Amazon can survive a whirlwind from a 915 dmg ITH Sword, I don't even know what to say anymore.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-01-30 23:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it disheartening that the OP hasnt returned to rebuttal the comments made here or respond at least. Smells like a, post something dramatic then watch the fireworks for 9 pages.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-01-30 23:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

But this is only page 3... give it 6 pages!
By Pantafernando 2015-01-31 02:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think any argument that start with "game is dying" to justify transgression is wrong in its root.

Its naive and egocentric. Half truth, and half truth is entire lie.

The game is dying for non jp community. But jp community, from my pov, seems still solid. I wouldgo as far as to say that every server should have at least peaks of 1000 people online in jp peak time. Honestly, i dont know if thats considered a relevant number, but it seems its enough to keep the server active.

All the rest, are just transient comunity, will come to increase profit, but the actual client is the jp community and for them, the decisions will be made.

And i would say just for the fact ps2 is still active for playing, that show there is a non negligible amount of players that cant cheat no matter what, thus playing legit. Also, often i read here jp community is active in denunciation in of. You can call it "bitching", but its a fact a good amount of them cares with rules in this game, and oblige SE to reinforce them. And for the bad luck of transgressors, they are the main community in this game so they cant just ignore them, as SE often does with most of english topics in of.

600 players monthly banned, that around 40ish less subscription in every server. Its even less than 4% of community that shouldnt be doing nothing but generating inflaction to the game.

Dont go saying just because few of people that couldnt keep low profile theirs transgression were banned that the game is dying, and that any rule should be ignored. There is no way a game can be played without rules. A community without limits, is just a jungle. And lets everyone go back to cave.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-31 02:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember in the not to distant past, the "there's no way they would ban us, the game would die" salvage bans...

It's really history repeating itself. I think that more people do "bannable" things now, and the impact would be much larger... but we're never "safe".

At any given time they can just pull the pin and wipe it all out. never forget that. Right now it appears there's a serious lack of standards, but that can change at a moments notice. Everything is all well and good until that one guy gets a bug in his ***, and it's GG.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-01-31 03:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando summed up everything in his post.

This game has and always will be focused on the japanese community.

Even in game, you still find some Japanese, giving the old "JPONRY" line which pisses me off!

But I do not pay attention to that since I do know a few Japanese that do not care whether your NA/EU and 60-70% of Auction house buyers are Japanese.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-01-31 03:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The game is dying.
It's like 2011 all over again.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-31 05:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i got 3 dayed, not really sure why, i was sitting in town all of the prior week doing essentially nothing:

-went to farm crafting torques for like 6 hours by hand
-ran some delves for ls(all zones twice, around 6 hours)
-wasn't a point all week where i was active for more than 8h in a 24h period or more than 6h consecutively
-didn't afk bot at all
-didn't trade around or obtain any significant amount of gil or items
-i don't use maint mode or movement adjustments, and haven't even once in 6 months or more

not going to cry about it or say i'm innocent because we all know that's not true, just throwing out what information i have since this thread popped up

couple other people i know got hit with temps or perma, but they were all bot 24/7 types so not much curiosity there

would be interested to find out their criteria, because my personal experience makes me think they either read chat and assumed guilt(we talked about the other people who got suspended) or decided after 3 years that my multiboxing isn't ok.. both a bit bizarre

E-mail said third party programs, as did everyone else I know of who got banned or suspended. Gil flow email would probably say RMT.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-01-31 05:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 99% sure that the current wave of bans is purely based on reports with no actual verification on the part of the GMs.

Open season on people you don't like! Report them on all your mules and get them permabanned!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-31 05:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

thought definitely came up, but it's hard to imagine it being the legitimate explanation
By Refia1 2015-01-31 06:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend was in her mog house before they banned her. They didn't send tell or jail or even go into details, simply "cheat/botting" in the email. Either there is a new GM on the force that has a personal vendetta against anyone known doing 3rd party things or they are going through all kinds of logs to ban people.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-31 06:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I'm 99% sure that the current wave of bans is purely based on reports with no actual verification on the part of the GMs.

Open season on people you don't like! Report them on all your mules and get them permabanned!
Ooh tempting, on an unrelated note, which of your characters is currently your main one?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-31 06:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Ooh tempting, on an unrelated note, which of your characters is currently your main one?

Use /check

(Gosh, too much nyzul lately...)
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2015-01-31 07:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I think any argument that start with "game is dying" to justify transgression is wrong in its root.

The game is dying for non jp community. But jp community, from my pov, seems still solid. I wouldgo as far as to say that every server should have at least peaks of 1000 people online in jp peak time. Honestly, i dont know if thats considered a relevant number, but it seems its enough to keep the server active.

All the rest, are just transient comunity, will come to increase profit, but the actual client is the jp community and for them, the decisions will be made.

And i would say just for the fact ps2 is still active for playing, that show there is a non negligible amount of players that cant cheat no matter what, thus playing legit. Also, often i read here jp community is active in denunciation in of. You can call it "bitching", but its a fact a good amount of them cares with rules in this game, and oblige SE to reinforce them. And for the bad luck of transgressors, they are the main community in this game so they cant just ignore them, as SE often does with most of english topics in of.

600 players monthly banned, that around 40ish less subscription in every server. Its even less than 4% of community that shouldnt be doing nothing but generating inflaction to the game.

Don't go saying just because few of people that couldnt keep low profile theirs transgression were banned that the game is dying, and that any rule should be ignored. There is no way a game can be played without rules. A community without limits, is just a jungle. And lets everyone go back to cave.

But this is going to say that JP don't use third party programs, or speed/bot hack themselves? What is your point?

If that's the case then the rules should be fair for everyone. But at the same time who's to say that they don't get banned either? Once again not the point of the post. We never said that the rules should be ignored, the point is with subscribers dropping every month, you're getting rid of people based off of speculation, which doesn't make sense with the current condition of the game.

Just because there are 1000 JP players on at peak time, also doesn't mean that a number of those players don't use third party programs.
 Fenrir.Soulflare
Server: Fenrir
user: soulflare
By Fenrir.Soulflare 2015-01-31 07:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SE banned my accounts as well on this last episode of bans.
Only reason i can think is that i have 800m on my min that i sometimes move around between my other chars for purchasing large amounts of stuffs when my mains invetory is too full.
2 of my accounts recieved LM-31? Theother recieved LM-11
Any clue as to what this is?
By Pantafernando 2015-01-31 07:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't go saying just because few of people that couldnt keep low profile theirs transgression were banned that the game is dying, and that any rule should be ignored. There is no way a game can be played without rules. A community without limits, is just a jungle. And lets everyone go back to cave.

But this is going to say that JP don't use third party programs, or speed/bot hack themselves? What is your point?

If that's the case then the rules should be fair for everyone. But at the same time who's to say that they don't get banned either? Once again not the point of the post. We never said that the rules should be ignored, the point is with subscribers dropping every month, you're getting rid of people based off of speculation, which doesn't make sense with the current condition of the game.

Just because there are 1000 JP players on at peak time, also doesn't mean that a number of those players don't use third party programs.

Thats also a speculation.

And sure jps use third party programs. But the point was that jp number shows thats false the game is in a so bad state like many people here love to spread. (Btw i think my point is explicit in the very first line of your quote).

Dropping 40 accounts monthly in a server with over 1000 playing account (not mentioning eu/na population and accounts not playing - and server like odin can easily hit 1700, even 1900 in weekend) just for violation of some kind of rule isnt a reason to start saying "game is dying, why ban?".

Again, i never said jp are free from cheats/rmt, etc. My only argument is against people who use "games dying" for anything.

But if you consider aside pc/xbox that all players have, there are ps2, you can infere at least, there are more jp players playing legitimelly, going also against other lie the same people who says "games dying" like to use: "that everyone cheats, so why ban"

So, no, game isnt dying because of ban, neither bans will contribute to keep the game going on or break once for all, and no, not everyone is cheating.

In the end of day, the Message that will left is: someone WAS punished for violations. Keep that in mind next time you do your ***. None is immune.
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-01-31 08:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Soulflare said: »
SE banned my accounts as well on this last episode of bans.
Only reason i can think is that i have 800m on my min that i sometimes move around between my other chars for purchasing large amounts of stuffs when my mains invetory is too full.
2 of my accounts recieved LM-31? Theother recieved LM-11
Any clue as to what this is?

To the best of my knowledge, LM-31 is usually due to creditcard issues. Irregular activity, whatever. I.e. they don't like your credit card for w/e reason.
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2015-01-31 08:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats also a speculation.

And sure jps use third party programs. But the point was that jp number shows thats false the game is in a so bad state like many people here love to spread. (Btw i think my point is explicit in the very first line of your quote).

Dropping 40 accounts monthly in a server with over 1000 playing account (not mentioning eu/na population and accounts not playing - and server like odin can easily hit 1700, even 1900 in weekend) just for violation of some kind of rule isnt a reason to start saying "game is dying, why ban?".

Again, i never said jp are free from cheats/rmt, etc. My only argument is against people who use "games dying" for anything.

But if you consider aside pc/xbox that all players have, there are ps2, you can infere at least, there are more jp players playing legitimelly, going also against other lie the same people who says "games dying" like to use: "that everyone cheats, so why ban"

So, no, game isnt dying because of ban, neither bans will contribute to keep the game going on or break once for all, and no, not everyone is cheating.

In the end of day, the Message that will left is: someone WAS punished for violations. Keep that in mind next time you do your ***. None is immune.

You're contradicting almost everything you're saying lol. So ill take that as this discussion is over.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-31 08:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

LM-31 is suspension(timed or indefinite, they use it for bans nowadays)

indefinite LM-31 can be contested but it's not likely you'll get anywhere
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8