California Debates 'yes Means Yes' Sex Assault Law

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36 37
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 05:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The University Of Google, even cheaper than The University of Phoenix, because you don't even have to sign up for classes.
[+]
By oldman 2014-08-11 05:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There is still quite a bit of research that you actually have to go to the library to access, and that isn't going to change anytime soon. The journal publishers make too much money gouging the universities to let the bulk of their material onto the net for free.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-11 07:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

oldman said: »
People like to think that science is pure.
Obviously you haven't seen the members of the Church of Climate Science Al Gore here.

Pleebo is a lifelong member of that church.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-11 07:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

According to my research 40% of research studies are busy work to get a PhD
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-11 07:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
According to my research 40% of research studies are busy work to get a PhD
Well, my research says that 75% of the research studies are busy work to get a PhD.

Want to fight about it?

[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-11 07:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Accord to my pie chart:

[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-11 07:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
The University Of Google, even cheaper than The University of Phoenix, because you don't even have to sign up for classes.

Why even do research just say "according to my research"
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 07:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
oldman said: »
People like to think that science is pure.
Obviously you haven't seen the members of the Church of Climate Science Al Gore here.

Pleebo is a lifelong member of that church.
And their Tsar, Al Sharpton.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-11 07:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Al Sharpton has a degree in exploiting people though...
[+]
By Emiisuzu 2014-08-11 07:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not really getting the point of the law in the first place. You have to have a firm yes to have sex but in the end all you have to do is say it. In a court isn't that classified as hearsay.

"She told me yes" Vs "No I didn't"

So does that mean before sex people are gonna need to start doing paperwork? "Hold on babe I need you to sign right here clearing indicating your yes decision" probably would also require each party have a witness and what maybe get it notarized?

Don't get me wrong I am all for stopping sexual assault in all forms but I am not seeing how this law would do anything at all.

And on the topic on getting drunk and having sex. So who do when pin it on when both parties are drunk and make the decision to have sex. Does this become a double rape situation? (Note there is a difference between being drunk and blacking out) I don't think I can count the times I have seen two people get drunk and be all over each other at a party then turn around the next day and be all "What was I thinking?"
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 07:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda feel bad for these hardcore liberals. (Not the elite, as they don't give a damn)

Al Gore is God.

The get all their news from MSNBC listening to Al Sharpton while they read the Huffington Post complain about men all day.

And to make matters worse, if they can't Google what anyone else says, provided it comes from one their accepted sites as well, it must be false.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-11 07:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Same way gun laws work. Just create a "no rape" zone. Problem solved.

No one has been shot and killed in a gun free zone...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 08:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Emiisuzu said: »
I am not really getting the point of the law in the first place. You have to have a firm yes to have sex but in the end all you have to do is say it. In a court isn't that classified as hearsay.

So does that mean before sex people are gonna need to start doing paperwork? "Hold on babe I need you to sign right here clearing indicating your yes decision" probably would also require each party have a witness and what maybe get it notarized?

Don't get me wrong I am all for stopping sexual assault in all forms but I am not seeing how this law would do anything at all.

And on the topic on getting drunk and having sex. So who do when pin it on when both parties are drunk and make the decision to have sex. Does this become a double rape situation? (Note there is a difference between being drunk and blacking out) I don't think I can count the times I have seen two people get drunk and be all over each other at a party then turn around the next day and be all "What was I thinking?"
I'm picturing a scene at some frat house where a bunch drunk guys and girls get all this paper work done by their hippie lawyer friend who's high as a kite... well you can let your imagination take the story from here.

Sounds like a good idea for a movie.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-11 08:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Kobe Bryant keeps those documents with him at all time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 08:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"He got me drunk and raped me!"

"No, she raped my mind and used my body as some devious tool of her own pleasure"
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-11 08:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

get google to offer consensual sex verification

you want to ***, you both log in your account and agree to ***, and google can provide that information to the police in the event of a rape

they're watching you do it on your laptop's webcam anyway
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-11 08:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What about a dye pack like the bank uses ? If you or someone you know gets raped you will be covered in blue ink.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-11 08:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Emiisuzu said: »

False rape allegations need to be penalized heavily. Rape is an atrocity; trying to ruin someone's life by accusing them of such an atrocity because you regret or want to cover up your decision, for whatever reason, is about as malicious as it gets and it belittles actual rape victims to boot.

This law is just throwing a handful of dirt into already muddy water of he said/she said/they said.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-11 08:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

then you'd just hear the professional victims saying their dye-pack malfunctioned the next day
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 08:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Both very good ideas.

The Google Sexual Consent Verification System now with on site dye packs!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-11 08:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

"No, she raped my mind and used my body as some devious tool of her own pleasure"

Remember when it was just, "Ugh! We got drunk and had sex? Maybe let's not do that again."

"Yeah. Uh. And don't tell anyone about this."

"Deal."
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-11 08:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we don't have any privacy anymore just put a chip inside your body that will beep when you get raped.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 08:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Remember when it was just, "Ugh! We got drunk and had sex? Maybe let's not do that again."

"Yeah. Uh. And don't tell anyone about this."

"Deal."
Those were the days.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-11 08:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we don't have any privacy anymore just put a chip inside your body that will beep when you get raped.

I like the idea better of a chip that makes a really annoying sound until someone has sex with me.

"Look, ladies. One of you needs to take one for the team or no one is having a comfortable conversation in here."
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-11 08:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sensing an Archie Bunker vibe.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 08:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea better of a chip that makes a really annoying sound until someone has sex with me.

"Look, ladies. One of you needs to take one for the team or no one is having a comfortable conversation in here."
Sounds like the everything's ok alarm.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-11 08:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
I'm sensing an Archie Bunker vibe.

You think that would sell? I mean, I guess if some hipsters wanted an ironic sex toy.

Oh. Oh wait.

Not what you meant.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-11 08:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the everything's ok alarm.

YouTube Video Placeholder

If I'm not getting any, everything is certainly not ok.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-11 08:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, truth be told, as I think on it, this is mostly how a lot of guys I knew in college operrated anyhow; they just didn't need the chip. They used their own voice.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-11 08:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not a real old man until you've seen "All in the Family".
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36 37