California Debates 'yes Means Yes' Sex Assault Law

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 35 36 37
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-11 14:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't always rape but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Stay slutty, my friends.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-08-11 14:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
naturally the nutjobs start by blaming the victim then move on to citing obscure and incredulous case studies as proof that there are no victims

Hey hey! I am not saying there are no victims. I just said this law is good for removing ambiguity. That's one of the reasons I purposely didn't post Eugene Kanin's statistic result in his study.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 14:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-11 15:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This law is good for nothing. How hard is it to say "no"? It's clearly easier to say "no" than "yes"!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-11 15:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
This law is good for nothing. How hard is it to say "no"? It's clearly easier to say "no" than "yes"!
Not law, it's a debate.

California is trying to figure out what "yes" means.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-11 15:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

"No" means "no" just isn't good enough? and its a proposed law isn't it? I'm not incorrect in referring to it as "law", just unspecific.

I guess that's not good enough for the feminazis tho. Misandry > everything after all...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-11 15:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

"No" means "no" just isn't good enough?
They are still figuring that out in California too.

No wonder the rest of the nation considers California "special"

and its a proposed law isn't it?
As far as I know, it isn't being debated in the state legislation.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-11 15:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

"No" means "no" just isn't good enough? and its a proposed law isn't it? I'm not incorrect in referring to it as "law", just unspecific.

I guess that's not good enough for the feminazis tho. Misandry > everything after all...

They're trying to clearly define that a person who isn't conscious or unable to protest isn't consenting. Much the same way we have laws that clearly define that a 12 year old isn't capable of giving consent, whether they say "no" or not.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-11 15:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I goto a party, get drunk, hit on a girl and we both end up having sloppy sex I can call rape cause she didn't seek my consent?

Or am I the only one at fault cause you know, I'm a guy, and guys are predators?

It's just more misandry from certain women's groups...
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-11 15:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I goto a party, get drunk, hit on a girl and we both end up having sloppy sex I can call rape cause she didn't seek my consent?

Or am I the only one at fault cause you know, I'm a guy, and guys are predators?

Legally speaking, who knows, by current standards if neither of you protested, it would be considered consensual. But, I'd imagine that it would depend on the police/prosecutor if the girl pointed the finger at you, since that's the social stigma of being a guy.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-11 15:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Legally speaking, who knows, by current standards if neither of you protested, it would be considered consensual. But, I'd imagine that it would depend on the police/prosecutor if the girl pointed the finger at you, since that's the social stigma of being a guy.

heh, don't ever say sexism doesn't occur for men....
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-08-11 15:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt it that in most states if you are otherwise unable to consciously make the decision without impairment you cant legally give consent?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-11 15:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

See the law already exists. It only solidifies my claim that this is good for nothing.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-11 15:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

Isnt it that in most states if you are otherwise unable to consciously make the decision without impairment you cant legally give consent?
That would be the prosecution's case though.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-11 15:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

78% of reported rape cases in the USA in 2008 were committed by men. so in this instance, yes, we are the predators most of the time. (cops like statistics)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-11 16:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

78% of reported rape cases in the USA in 2008 were committed by men. so in this instance, yes, we are the predators most of the time. (cops like statistics)
Wait, that means that men actually were raped by women?

Or women raped by women?

Is this like the France War record where the only war France has ever won was against itself?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-11 16:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it is in Idaho, but I can't say for other states... but... Who makes that determination? Perceivable, there would be only 2 people present, and if one person is very drunk, chances are the other is. So, who's judgement is credible? The girl who says she didn't know what was happening and couldn't fight back or the guy who says she acted like she was enjoying it and never said to stop? There is definitely some merit in positive confirmation, but requiring both parties to be sober enough to enter a legal agreement is pretty pathetic.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-11 16:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Or women raped by women?

Is this like the France War record where the only war France has ever won was against itself?

Woman do commit crimes, even sexual and violent crimes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-11 16:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Or women raped by women?
Both.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-11 16:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank the male-dominated legal system for putting little emphasis on sexual abuse against men committed by women.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-08-11 16:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

See the law already exists. It only solidifies my claim that this is good for nothing.
I believe its like this in LA, but maybe not California yet. The states get to pick and choose what they want, id rather there be a blanket federal law that covers all rape crimes in the country than get caught up in some backwards law in a state by state situation.

Sorta thing needs to be said about age of consent as well, its stupid that every single state has like 1-4 varying ages in which a person suddenly is able to have sex legally.

but thats a different discussion.

That would be the prosecution's case though.
Yup.
By Enuyasha 2014-08-11 16:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it is in Idaho, but I can't say for other states... but... Who makes that determination? Perceivable, there would be only 2 people present, and if one person is very drunk, chances are the other is. So, who's judgement is credible? The girl who says she didn't know what was happening and couldn't fight back or the guy who says she acted like she was enjoying it and never said to stop? There is definitely some merit in positive confirmation, but requiring both parties to be sober enough to enter a legal agreement is pretty pathetic.
Yea, but if they were both drunk there shouldnt be any legal recourse...cause legally both werent able to make that decision, but they went ahead with it anyway. "Well, we were both drunk" in a testimony should just automatically be ruled a mistrial.

(Edit: well, depending on if your state has these laws, and blah, etc.)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 16:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just more misandry from certain women's groups...
Well you shouldn't have gotten drunk and started beating on women at a party to begin with.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-11 16:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, but if they were both drunk there shouldnt be any legal recourse...cause legally both werent able to make that decision, but they went ahead with it anyway. "Well, we were both drunk" in a testimony should just automatically be ruled a mistrial.

(Edit: well, depending on if your state has these laws, and blah, etc.)

Again, it would probably depend on the prosecutor. It takes little more than the insinuation to cause serious damage to someone's life. Simply being charged with a crime can be detrimental.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 16:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
women are a paradox.
^ This
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-11 16:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think even with all male sexual abuse cases being reported that assaults are largely perpetrated by men in our society. The way things are set up, men are encouraged to be forceful towards women in relationships from an early age whereas sexuality on the female side is stymied, unless it serves male interests of course.

Some men tend to mellow out over the years as they settle down and see the female point of view but young hotshots are still out there playing their slimest cards and looking like creeps for a reason.

Cue the catcalling. #cringe
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-11 16:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's where the MRAs come out and try to tell me men get catcalled all the time.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-08-11 16:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda hard to say no if you are too drunk to even say "pizza."

Kinda hard to say no if you are blitzed out on rolfies.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 16:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I would theorize that it's the less attractive women who complain to the more attractive men that gives them the notion of needing to be more forceful with women. I would also therorize that it is the more attractive females that complain to the less attractive males about being hit on all the time and get the idea that men should be the ones demonized.

Of course someone would need to prove this with statistics and of course attractiveness is relative to the current society so it would be hard to prove.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 35 36 37