New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Server pops...
Server pops...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Raborn 2013-09-11 22:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I made the transition, I even went back to XI and told my close friends to come and play too.

It's really an amazing game for casual players. I've met players from a lot of different games including: LoL,GW,GW2,WoW, XI, etc. Most of them still play the other games while playing XIV: ARR.

I don't know how long the lifespan of XIV will last as is, its a little too easy compared to how most other MMO's were, but as modern gamers and most of us as adults now it makes for a great past-time without too much grind work.

I do hope the best for XI and its veteran + diehard players, I had a lot of fun, met a lot of people and it'll always have a place in my mind.
Before I left I noticed a drastic decline on Leviathan, almost half the player base was missing during prime time hours, I know a lot of those players 2-box or more so there's probably far less than 396 actual people on during those times.

Quote:
To those of you that know me who still play, if you decide to make the transition and are looking for friends to play with PM me, I have the servers of several people who are on XIV. I'll give you what info I can. Also if you want that information given out PM w/ your character name and server name.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-09-11 22:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Raborn said: »
I made the transition, I even went back to XI and told my close friends to come and play too.

It's really an amazing game for casual players. I've met players from a lot of different games including: LoL,GW,GW2,WoW, XI, etc. Most of them still play the other games while playing XIV: ARR.

I don't know how long the lifespan of XIV will last as is, its a little too easy compared to how most other MMO's were, but as modern gamers and most of us as adults now it makes for a great past-time without too much grind work.
Ff14 it's not easy. Try reaching lvl 50+/endgame content and you'll see.
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-11 22:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

People say they can level from 1 to 50 in three days. I have been playing since open beta/not so early access (damn log in errors) however and have only reached level 41. Assuming the method to leveling from 1 to 50 in three days doesn't require me to play 16 hours a day for three days I would be interested if someone could tell me how they level so fast. Even spamming fates at the rate I'm going it feels like I won't reach 50 for another 2 weeks. What specific fates are people spamming at what levels to level so fast?

Edit: Reading the previous post about getting to lvl 50 or whatever made me forget what thread I was on so feel free to ignore this. I'll post the question in a thread that's actually relevant.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-09-11 23:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, to start with, the people that reach 50 in three days are probably smart enough to not post in the wrong game's forum.
[+]
 Bismarck.Davorin
Server: Bismarck
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-09-11 23:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Why did this topic become about players playing XIV?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-09-12 00:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom said: »
Do you honestly think XI is going to last forever? NOTHING lasts forever.
Diamonds.
By Gimp 2013-09-12 08:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not taking a logical standpoint, it just irked me, it's one of those phrases that can be used in more than one way to mean the same thing. When you see REM for so long and use it you're conformed to it but when you see it a different way your mind just freezes up mentally to figure out what's going on; you figure it out but it's like you pause each time you see the different spelling.

It's like in the military in the HVAC/R trade where you can call an Environment Control Unit an ECU or a "Fiddy Cu" verbally.

I rage over the second annunciation, RME is that "Fiddy Cu" to me.

Made my brain herp a little
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-12 08:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

NOTHING lasts forever
even cold november rain.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-09-12 08:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SE refers to them as RMECs. I've always called them RME, as have many other people.

Call them RMEs and your brain won't derp anymore.
By Mesic 2013-09-22 22:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Do you honestly think XI is going to last forever? NOTHING lasts forever.

Nobody is disputing that, we don't need you here to harass us though. That is the only hate from XI to XIV I see... You idiots coming in here and harassing us.

I see more than that, you just called us idiots and told us we jack off to our characters in another thread. Which couldn't be more from true, I mean first of all who takes 1st person pictures? So whos char isn't gonna be in their pic?

Secondly, believe it or not, despite the fact that my character is kick a** and jack off worthy to (as you noted), customizable, and awesome, I actually play the game cause the gameplay is awesome too. There's a reason outside of masturbation as to why i switched right after getting a mythic to 14. Duty Finder function alone blows XI out of the water, you don't even have to /shout to find a party for a dungeon anymore, no matter your job, you wont have a hard time. This turns hours upon hours of idle *** boring time shouting into fun time doing an event. And this goes cross server mind you, so if the game dies down it wont even theoretically need a server merge.

Although I'll probably come back for more...trials? Hopefully its not just more dmg on my lil guy. That'd be boring.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-09-22 22:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Davorin said: »
Why did this topic become about players playing XIV?

Guerilla marketing for A Realm Reborn.
By marivell 2013-09-22 23:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

God I'm tired of all these threads turning into FFXIV-is-the-best-FFXI-sucks-badly-because-I-quit-or-because-I-don't-like-it-anymore-and-i-dont-want-anyone-else-to-still-enjoy-it.... ._." this is pointless, honestly....

You like 14? that's awesome... you go and do that... go play 14 :)

You don't like XI anymore? Then forget about it, leave it to the past, like your last ex-girlfriend. Go! Take your courage and walk away, don't look back in anger (yay Oasis! :P), without regret, never to return! Move on! You will be remembered don't worry!

But please! Stop that lil brat attitude.... it reminds me of a child pestering its parents because it's desperately seeking attention! Meeee! Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I am so important so just meeeeeeeee!
Stop spamming all threads, turning them automatically into a FFXIV praising one! We got it, ok? You like it it's awesome it's like nothing before it's closer to God than having sex with a very hot girl.... ok we got it. You can go now. And live happily ever after.

While that, I'll be still playing FFXI, and I'll be very happy too.

On the thread now: Asura is keeping an average of 1.2-1.8k all around the clock, but I feel its decreasing... a lot of afkers in lower jeuno and adoulin, and a ton of mules... we need a servers merge I agree :)
[+]
By Mesic 2013-09-22 23:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

marivell said: »
God I'm tired of all these threads turning into FFXIV-is-the-best-FFXI-sucks-badly-because-I-quit-or-because-I-don't-like-it-anymore-and-i-dont-want-anyone-else-to-still-enjoy-it.... ._." this is pointless, honestly....

You like 14? that's awesome... you go and do that... go play 14 :)

You don't like XI anymore? Then forget about it, leave it to the past, like your last ex-girlfriend. Go! Take your courage and walk away, don't look back in anger (yay Oasis! :P), without regret, never to return! Move on! You will be remembered don't worry!

But please! Stop that lil brat attitude.... it reminds me of a child pestering its parents because it's desperately seeking attention! Meeee! Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I am so important so just meeeeeeeee!
Stop spamming all threads, turning them automatically into a FFXIV praising one! We got it, ok? You like it it's awesome it's like nothing before it's closer to God than having sex with a very hot girl.... ok we got it. You can go now. And live happily ever after.

While that, I'll be still playing FFXI, and I'll be very happy too.

On the thread now: Asura is keeping an average of 1.2-1.8k all around the clock, but I feel its decreasing... a lot of afkers in lower jeuno and adoulin, and a ton of mules... we need a servers merge I agree :)

Really? A brat? It reminds me of a good friend trying to keep me off a bad drug for something better. But if you see it as some brat, well thats telling. You really love your game for lovings sake, facts dont even matter to ya. its better. no matter how you slice it. and thats why people arent coming back. tell yourself otherwise for nostalgias sake all ya want. but im not an attention ***, just someone telling you theres a better life out there.
By marivell 2013-09-23 00:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You just don't seem to get it, and it's sad.

You like 14, I like 11.

End of story? I thought my message was clear to begin with ._."

Obviously not.

I don't see myself being any disillusional here, or in denial or asking/waiting for ppl to come back... in fact I just pointed out we're both fine in our own games...

so what's your point, really ._."

And yes I do agree there's a far better life out there, it's called real life. And I have nice one, so that's prolly why I'm not fed up with my game yet, because I haven't gone throught half of it because of rl. Casual, that's how we are called.

So you sir, have a good life too, and stop taking everything personal ;) And start to learn to read stuff, not guessing what ppl mean according to your own feelings.

Btw, any thoughts on the main subject, maybe? 'Cause you're off topic darling.
[+]
By Mesic 2013-09-23 01:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You like 14, I like 11.

Obviously not.

I don't see myself being any disillusional here, or in denial or asking/waiting for ppl to come back... in fact I just pointed out we're both fine in our own games...

And yes I do agree there's a far better life out there, it's called real life. And I have nice one, so that's prolly why I'm not fed up with my game yet, because I haven't gone throught half of it because of rl. Casual, that's how we are called.

So you sir, have a good life too, and stop taking everything personal ;) And start to learn to read stuff, not guessing what ppl mean according to your own feelings.

You're trying to delude it to personal opinion, But have you even played 14 like ive played 11? Cause if you haven't, this isn't a matter of your personal opinion vs mine, cause mines better, as it includes both, otherwise its a matter of your own delusion and hope that it just is better cause you're saying so. Which is why seeing me as a brat for saying otherwise is telling, as i noted earlier. which isn't me basing your opinion on my feelings, but rather on your insult. Don't screw with the details. And now you're being condescending by calling me darling. Which is again telling (getting defensive of xi outside of logical means). Like i said, you like it for likings sake, its obvious in your defense of the game, not because you know better. Which is unfortunate. Have fun in a bubble.

Ps. In fact have you even played xi like ive played xi? Bet you haven't done that either.
By marivell 2013-09-23 05:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my God, either you're a bit tard, or you're trolling hard o.O wow... I'm speechless.

I never said FFXI nor FFXIV is better, I never treated anyone a brat for that: I said ppl always bringing up FFXIV on every f****** threads remind me of lil brat. Try and learn to make the difference and READ before being such a butthurt.

And yes I'm being condescendant... you haven't gave any opinion on the ACTUAL THREAD yet..... I'm happy to know not everyone playing 14 are such hateful people like you.... you're making them look bad, and a lot of them are very good players and on top of everything, very good human beings, not relating everything to stupid games. Sadly this is not your case.

I'm doing arguing with you, 'cause that's not what this thread is about. Take it or leave it, and have a nice day.
By Afania 2013-09-23 07:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mesic said: »
Duty Finder function alone blows XI out of the water,

You like 14, I like 11.

Obviously not.

You're trying to delude it to personal opinion, But have you even played 14 like ive played 11? Cause if you haven't, this isn't a matter of your personal opinion vs mine, cause mines better, as it includes both, otherwise its a matter of your own delusion and hope that it just is better cause you're saying so. Which is why seeing me as a brat for saying otherwise is telling, as i noted earlier. which isn't me basing your opinion on my feelings, but rather on your insult. Don't screw with the details. And now you're being condescending by calling me darling. Which is again telling (getting defensive of xi outside of logical means). Like i said, you like it for likings sake, its obvious in your defense of the game, not because you know better. Which is unfortunate. Have fun in a bubble.

Ps. In fact have you even played xi like ive played xi? Bet you haven't done that either.

Wow, delusional at it's finest. One thing XIV harassers good at doing, never played WoW nor any other MMO in past 5 years, not realizing things like Duty Finder been exist for YEARS before 14, played 14 and found duty finder and marks on map zomg amazing, then come back and act as savior of players suffering in XI.

If Duty Finder is what I(or other FFXI players still enjoys XI) want/need, I'd be in WOW since 2004, never come to 11, never go to 14.

Liking Duty Finder or not(or like 14 v.s 11) IS personal opinion. Duty Finder is actually one thing I dislike in 14, and there's a reason why my last 2 dungeon run are full of none DF members, and there's a reason why JPs still /shout in town for AK/Titan HM all day.

I like to make my own pt, pick my own setup for jobs. I like to spend time go over the strat and tell ppl what to do, what to expect in an event. With Duty Finder I can't do any of those. I can only explain after I got in, and waste dungeon time talking to ppl, most of the time they won't even bother to reply, nor say hello even.

I can't chat with players about their job build, and how they play the job, before I enter. And I actually enjoy learning about other ppl's character build.

If I happen to pt with players I like, or fail the event and want to try again, I can't add him to friendlist because that player is probably from another server.

I can't static with players from DF because he's from other server too. And it's hard to make meaningful, lasting connections without a static member.

And DF give ppl an excuse not to help others nor static for anything: "Why don't you just use DF?"

DF also barely solve "spend long time to find pt" issue for me, because I play DPS :( 1hr wait time is barely better than /shout for 1hr.

If anything, DF makes the game 10x harder to make new friends, for me at least, so I don't use it for every event. But do you see me go out in forum telling everyone "DF sucked, /shout is superior, you must be super anti-social if you liked DF!"?

DF is simply an alternative tool to minimize the social aspect in an MMO for those wanting actions ASAP. But that doesn't mean everyone would have same opinion as YOU toward DF.

If you like DF, fine. But stop going "You must be clueless about how awesome it is". If anything, playing 14 made me love 11 a lot more and realized how unique 11 is, and now I start to miss things in 11 that doesn't exist in 14.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-23 09:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I like DF, and I do think FFXI could use it but it isn't perfect and even with the massive amount of people playing 14 atm, it can still be very hard to find people in a reasonable amount of time.

Also, DF is an auto pt generator. I'm not even sure how that would work in XI with fights often requiring some fairly particular set ups and jobs really not fitting cookie cutter roles. It would have to allow the PT leader to look at applications to the event and pick or create some kind of gear check system which would undermine the system in general I'm afraid.

I mean 14 will stick a war in there as a tank and a blm as a dd. In XI, even jobs considered tank jobs would not work to replace a pld in fights where one is needed. And melee damage and magic damage have their specific roles and can't be mixed very well.

A heavily modified DF might work but XI and XIV are very different games.
By Afania 2013-09-23 09:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I like DF, and I do think FFXI could use it but it isn't perfect and even with the massive amount of people playing 14 atm, it can still be very hard to find people in a reasonable amount of time.

Also, DF is an auto pt generator. I'm not even sure how that would work in XI with fights often requiring some fairly particular set ups and jobs really not fitting cookie cutter roles. It would have to allow the PT leader to look at applications to the event and pick or create some kind of gear check system which would undermine the system in general I'm afraid.

I mean 14 will stick a war in there as a tank and a blm as a dd. In XI, even jobs considered tank jobs would not work to replace a pld in fights where one is needed. And melee damage and magic damage have their specific roles and can't be mixed very well.

Not counting NNI/Salvage2/neo limbus which no longer matter, only current event I see it work is skirmish. Mission you won't find ppl even with DF(I can't find ppl with DF in XIV for story mode primal fight on DPS, let alone in XI, where everyone done with story and less players) Delve will be disaster with DF. You can heavily modify it and make pt customization for things like Delve, but it won't solve the fundamental issue of DF: Hard to communicate when you meet your pt member for the first time after you got in the dungeon and running out of time.

Then again, skirmish not hard to find ppl with /shout, DF isn't make or break.

Cross server instance would help WKR 100 times though, WKR is just terrible.
By Mesic 2013-09-24 01:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Idc how long DF has existed, I just cited it as a reason why xiv is better.

But if you don't like DF cause you prefer standing around hours shouting and wasting your life just so you can talk to virtual people instead of going out and doing other events while you wait, you can you always just /sh in game.
By Mesic 2013-09-24 01:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my God, either you're a bit tard, or you're trolling hard o.O wow... I'm speechless.

I never said FFXI nor FFXIV is better, I never treated anyone a brat for that: I said ppl always bringing up FFXIV on every f****** threads remind me of lil brat. Try and learn to make the difference and READ before being such a butthurt.

And yes I'm being condescendant... you haven't gave any opinion on the ACTUAL THREAD yet..... I'm happy to know not everyone playing 14 are such hateful people like you.... you're making them look bad, and a lot of them are very good players and on top of everything, very good human beings, not relating everything to stupid games. Sadly this is not your case.

I'm doing arguing with you, 'cause that's not what this thread is about. Take it or leave it, and have a nice day.

I'm butthurt and hateful? You're the only one that insulted this whole lil episode. How can you call someone butthurt and then tell them they're the one hateful lol? I've only been logical with you.
 Asura.Alucardr
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alucardr 2013-09-24 07:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

FF14 sucks and those who defend it in FF11 forums are pathethic and desperate because they know that shallow POS wont keep a subscription fee for a year.

Names for FF14 when it becomes F2P:

FF14: A Realm Re-Reborn

FF14: A Realm Reborn, Part II

FF14: A Realm Reborn - The Revenge
[+]
By Spiraboo 2013-09-24 08:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

But if you don't like DF cause you prefer standing around hours shouting and wasting your life just so you can talk to virtual people instead of going out and doing other events while you wait, you can you always just /sh in game.

If you just /sh and take anyone that fits the class category you won't have to wait long either in ffxi (assuming the event is still of interest to people / there's people in servers, which duty finder won't fix)

Though chances are you'll wipe big time. FFXI is too complex for duty finder to work (even if you can lock on specific jobs there's still gear in question - e.g. a sch with no stun set is useless in delve). Duty finder will only work on fairly brainless content like skirmish (as people have said). :3

Not saying FFXI > FFXIV or FFXIV > FFXI. Just saying duty finder isn't really an appeal for anyone who likes a bit of a challenge in games because what it implies about the complexity of the content available. So I can't agree the existence of duty finder makes a game better. It's almost the lazy way out - people don't have to think about making friends or having a good reputation in their servers. Doesn't promote good social circles.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-09-24 09:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing FFXIV has on FFXI is HD graphics and neon targeting. FFXI is the better game.
[+]
By fonewear 2013-09-30 09:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alucardr said: »
FF14 sucks and those who defend it in FF11 forums are pathethic and desperate because they know that shallow POS wont keep a subscription fee for a year.

Names for FF14 when it becomes F2P:

FF14: A Realm Re-Reborn

FF14: A Realm Reborn, Part II

FF14: A Realm Reborn - The Revenge

Nope. XIV is still very new game and you are already calling the game awful kinda funny.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-09-30 17:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aselin said: »
665 to 670 players tonight on Bismarck, 6:44 PM PST.

So, since my September 4th. post, we are close to the 700 mark for a weekday. The 455 population posted by Helel a few days ago is the lowest I've seen so far for a weekday since FFXIV launched.

There was 256 or 265 on Sylph on I think it was Tuesday... can't remember but was during the first week of XIV's launch. I don't remember which it was, had a friend look for me. It was at around noon EST. Usually when I would play XI and there'd be about 700-800 normally at that time.
 Phoenix.Zumi
Server: Phoenix
user: Zumi
By Phoenix.Zumi 2013-10-01 02:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

The reason DF takes so long is SE doesn't have enough instance servers too many people playing the game and your sitting there waiting for like 20 min for a spot on the server.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-10-01 10:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Zumi said: »
The reason DF takes so long is SE doesn't have enough instance servers too many people playing the game and your sitting there waiting for like 20 min for a spot on the server.

I wonder if there is a separation between various zone's on this then. Like the instance server for AK could be full but for something like Halitali, it'd have plenty of open instances.

Anytime I start DF with a full pt, it always goes instantly in. And if we're lacking a tank as the final spot, it takes 10-15 minutes to fill.

Now I should note, I'm not all that far in the game due to lack of time to play so I couldn't say if this happens with the endgame battlefields or not but this is why I wonder if there is separation like there is for XI. e.g Skirmish or Delve might be full but horalis peak would let you in a BCNM.

Does DF make any note of saying "Hey you have a full pt now, just waiting for an instance to free up"? Because if there is any indication, such as it showing all the player spots filled but still waiting, then I've never seen that before.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-10-01 12:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Here you guys go:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/50106-Server-Populations?p=5902389&viewfull=1#post5902389

The answer is that the switch from a horizontal to vertical model did probably have some impact on FFXI and then FFXIV delivered another big kick to the face.

If you look at the trend from early May (April 29th outdated RMEs), it continues downward until the July version update (7/8) at which point it jumps back up. This is probably because the spike from the version update (lots of people get kicked off, so more than normal have to log back in) gets smeared together with the start of the first login campaign (7/10). If you ignore the bump in activity from July to early September (9/2) because it's probably from the two login campaigns, then the trend from May to July is pretty much continuous with the decrease seen in September.

Obviously FFXIV was the impetus for many people to finally quit, but it is possible that it wouldn't have had nearly as large of an impact if the horizontal to vertical progression switch hadn't happened. I'll point out that April is pretty much flat.

Edit:
These are the number of "sessions" or pure number of pings to google analytics from people opening Launcher. Line is added by me.

8/27 (FFXIV's release date) is when the number of sessions hits the black line again, not 9/2. So at least some of it the decrease is directly due to FFXIV. In my opinion, though, it would not be unreasonable to blame the horizontal to vertical progression switch for a substantial amount of the decline too.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-10-01 23:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »

If you just /sh and take anyone that fits the class category you won't have to wait long either in ffxi (assuming the event is still of interest to people / there's people in servers, which duty finder won't fix)

Though chances are you'll wipe big time. FFXI is too complex for duty finder to work (even if you can lock on specific jobs there's still gear in question - e.g. a sch with no stun set is useless in delve). Duty finder will only work on fairly brainless content like skirmish (as people have said). :3

Not saying FFXI > FFXIV or FFXIV > FFXI. Just saying duty finder isn't really an appeal for anyone who likes a bit of a challenge in games because what it implies about the complexity of the content available. So I can't agree the existence of duty finder makes a game better. It's almost the lazy way out - people don't have to think about making friends or having a good reputation in their servers. Doesn't promote good social circles.

This, FFXI/XIV are MMORPG, and there are way, way more aspect that makes an RPG great....world building, story, character building, social aspect, immersion and so on. Which is more than just have 1 convenient tool to find party.

I agree that FFXIV is more accessible and more instant gratification than FFXI, and a much better UI, but just that isn't enough. There are plenty of good things in XI that doesn't exist in XIV(and vice versa). I have to say that at least XI has more immersion, and more logical world building(no star wars and giant robot, and imperial soldiers using traditional weapons like spears when they have access star wars level of technology), and characters, especially villains doesn't repeat stereotype, shallow cliche script 100 times. I don't ask for oscar award /nobel prize level of depth in terms of story presentation, but I still have absolutely 0 tolerance toward characters and world of XIV.

There are good aspects in XIV, mainly the entertainment factor, but saying just DF makes XIV>>>>>>XI made me sad, that all that world building/story/immersion/social aspect/complexity and depth are ignored, because that means all there left in an RPG is just pew pew your way to the end beating bosses, and beat bosses as fast as possible.

Phoenix.Zumi said: »

The issue is more than not enough instance too, a few days ago I queue with some tank friends and wait for 10 min, someone in pt afked alt-tabbing and didn't click enter when pt finally full, then I have to requeue and wait again. Ppl like to alt-tab when waiting for queue, and DF doesn't allow that, nor giving players room to afk and do something else while waiting.

Right now you can't really afk nor alt-tab when waiting for DF, because you never know when it's going to pop. And you can't do other stuff too if you're waiting for DF, can't join another pt, can't do quests in another instance, can't even take a shower because it may pop, you can do all those with /shout party building. And nobody want to help each other because almost entire FC are busy waiting for queue and do nothing. In FFXI if someone is busy /shouting or waiting for pt to full doing nothing, they usually don't mind a quick 15 min help, with DF system like this, help newer player a quick Story mode primal= going to lose your queue which you spent 30 min~1hr waiting. And that somewhat killed the social aspect of the game, and alienated the players in same community.