Fenrir.Boomslang
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-09-11 10:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Fenrir.Boomslang said: »
And grinding the ***in delve is any different? Or the same 3 skirmish missions for that matter.

To play devil's advocate the small burst of content from SoA was pretty enjoyable; reives, skirmish, WKR, collecting gear/KIs from field nms, getting the boss KIs. However mastering this handful of content does not take much and once the majority of the server has cleared it, there is not really much of an incentive to revisit it. (I'm looking at you WKR).

As far as grinding goes, in the short term, as a player who's cleared it, I found it all fun. Even Yorcia Skirmish was fun for like...5 runs, admittedly. They wanted to do something different with it, and it flopped. Hopefully the point behind making it so piss poor easy to get a solid baseline of gear is so that next update, they can release harder content under the assumption that everyone doing said content, will at least have Skirmish ilvl gear, or higher. All that +def, +eva, +meva, +MDB, +skill on weapons needs to be used for something, cause right now all it does is make us pretty OP compared to all previous content (Delve included.) I still find enjoyment in Delve, but more from going with odd setups or finding fun in the dumb mistakes people make that used to result in a wipe or timing out; now its just Happy Gilmore "youuuuu jackass" moments that results in some laughs and fun. The fact that its still profitable helps as well, I'm sure.

I'll agree 100%, if we're talking about endgame type players. But the majority of the server hasn't cleared Delve, though WKRs and Skirmish they have. The number of 5/5 bayld and skirmish geared characters is pretty staggering at this point, compared to optimized characters using the best pieces of new and old.

I agree with pretty much all of that, and I have found most of it to be fun. My concern is it does not appear to be sustainable. SE went out of their way to keep the old content relevant for years. I just don't see that happening with a step ladder system. Sidegrades were the bread and butter of longevity. I could be wrong but we really need SE to put some more out there. Abyssea turned out to be HUGE but it didn't get there over night. [Though admittedly it was smart enough to keep the super powers limited to it's own zones.]

TLDR: iLvl 130 Garrison!
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2013-09-11 10:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What's Valefor clock during JP primetime?

And I can only assume (4.5k posts, either lifeless, or a long time player, I'm going with the latter ;D) that you've played for a long time. Are you in an EGLS? If so, have you always done the newest and best content? If so, why were you not finished with it sooner?

RNG.

That's it. Back in the old days, thats all it was. Why'd sky keep being done for years? Pieces didn't drop commonly enough. Why were the exact same LSs camping kings for years and years? Cause the drops that were desired weren't dropping. Why did VW last as long as it did? The desired drops didn't last (plus it was good money too boot! ;D). Delve and Skirmish have taken that away. Its something most players actually asked for across all forums, that I saw (tired of doing content and not progressing due to no drop), now, you can just grind the content, and regardless of RNG, get what you want.

For the players at the higher end of the game, it makes for a rather lackluster experience, one that's over far too quickly. For those in the middle and lower tiers of the player base, it's creating a rather lasting experience, that as long as they can find enough people with common goals and a brain, is rather fun. Or, they just read our disputes on forums such as this about how ONLY DA BEST CAN DO DEEZ EVENTS and they're too intimidated to try. Seen plenty that feel that way. Gathering 18 people is impossible, SE fails, Matsui is dumb, FFXI is dying. Yeah, thats pretty much the logic people take to the idea of alliance based content. :/ I don't get it, personally.

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
But the majority of the server cleared Delve 100 times and quit, only player left are "still trying to get clear so I can quit" players

Fixed.

And lol@ "game's better without REM comment", enjoy your REMless FFXI with 400 ppl per server if it's not fixed.

Not fixed at all lol. Maybe you're just playing on the best server in existence eva, but I'd wager you just play in this tiny space of reality you've created where the only one's who do such content are you and those around you. Guess the other hundreds on the server that have yet to clear it just don't matter.

Its cool. I'm sure someday FFXIV will add RMEs or some ***, and you can come QQ back on these forums when they get outdated. Enjoy your leetness there bobo.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-11 10:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Game should accomodate to all kind of players(as it did before), there must something that is long term, can't release only things that are over in a week. By all means they are nice, but they can't be the only thing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-11 10:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What's Valefor clock during JP primetime?

And I can only assume (4.5k posts, either lifeless, or a long time player, I'm going with the latter ;D) that you've played for a long time. Are you in an EGLS? If so, have you always done the newest and best content? If so, why were you not finished with it sooner?

RNG.

That's it. Back in the old days, thats all it was. Why'd sky keep being done for years? Pieces didn't drop commonly enough. Why were the exact same LSs camping kings for years and years? Cause the drops that were desired weren't dropping. Why did VW last as long as it did? The desired drops didn't last (plus it was good money too boot! ;D). Delve and Skirmish have taken that away. Its something most players actually asked for across all forums, that I saw (tired of doing content and not progressing due to no drop), now, you can just grind the content, and regardless of RNG, get what you want.

For the players at the higher end of the game, it makes for a rather lackluster experience, one that's over far too quickly. For those in the middle and lower tiers of the player base, it's creating a rather lasting experience, that as long as they can find enough people with common goals and a brain, is rather fun. Or, they just read our disputes on forums such as this about how ONLY DA BEST CAN DO DEEZ EVENTS and they're too intimidated to try. Seen plenty that feel that way. Gathering 18 people is impossible, SE fails, Matsui is dumb, FFXI is dying. Yeah, thats pretty much the logic people take to the idea of alliance based content. :/ I don't get it, personally.

But the majority of the server cleared Delve 100 times and quit, only player left are "still trying to get clear so I can quit" players

Fixed.

And lol@ "game's better without REM comment", enjoy your REMless FFXI with 400 ppl per server if it's not fixed.

Not fixed at all lol. Maybe you're just playing on the best server in existence eva, but I'd wager you just play in this tiny space of reality you've created where the only one's who do such content are you and those around you. Guess the other hundreds on the server that have yet to clear it just don't matter.

Its cool. I'm sure someday FFXIV will add RMEs or some ***, and you can come QQ back on these forums when they get outdated. Enjoy your leetness there bobo.

Not sure who live in tiny space of reality. I've talked to a tones of players after REM nerf, there are certainly "I don't care" crew, but there's also "If REM not fixed I'm quitting" crew, or "Game's more fun with REM" crew, and some are "I don't care about REM, but my friends rage quit REM so I'm quitting too".

Some ppl will NEVER join endgame LS, or do delve boss, before SoA all they ever do is lowman content and grind REM, then grind next REM after REM and lowman all day. You took that option away from them, and ask them to "try delve boss with 18 ppl, no REM grind for you!"?

Guess what, they will NEVER change what they do in game, instead, they quit, and their close friends quit. And you get 680 ppl per server instead of 700, or 500 ppl pre server instead of 600. That's HOW population drop. This game isn't all about you, and you can't ask everyone to enjoy same content as you. You don't like REM? Ok. But other ppl like REM, and they WILL quit without REM, leaving smaller player base. If you enjoy 400 ppl per server doing delve boss 2 3 4 5 6, fine. But you're not going to convince anyone current FFXI> old FFXI.
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2013-09-11 10:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So your entire argument is based on that lowman grinding old content for the best weapons in the game, was a legit content grind? Cause...RMEs are still there. They can still do em. Yet, you're acting like they've been taken away. Sure, their major end all be all seat in the weapon hierarchy has been taken away (possibly even returning next update, we'll see), yet you're acting like they can't be done anymore.

Personally, from the aspect of an MMO, its beyond f***ing stupid to have the absolute best weapons come from lowman grinding. Its not an expectation of mine for everyone to enjoy the same content, its for content to have meaningful rewards. Remember the weapons that Meebles, VW (except Mura and offhands), Aby, and other events brought? All terribly useless, weaker than 85 RMEs. Is that supposed to be acceptable? RME's had a "cap" on the strength of what new weapons could have for so long. How is that fun?

And really, honestly, anyone who comes on here saying "I've talked to tons of players" is just talking that internet smack. Really, have you sat down and had personal chats with hundreds, if not thousands of players regarding their reasons for leaving, taking a break, trying out other games, or if RMEs were such a major part of their FFXI life that they just couldn't cope without? Tens, maybe even 50ish, but anything even remotely near a true sample size of the player base? You're off your rocker son.
By Gimp 2013-09-11 10:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

NA times hover around 800-1kish, JP times are nearly 2k always. I like how all these people throw around the "omg my server is always dead with 600" ***, yet neglect to give population numbers for other time zones. I can't imagine server merges, simply because while the NA players could use it, it'd make things worse for the JPs. Hey, lets merge so NAs can have 2k and JPs have 4k...yeahhhh. Some serious internet gangstas in this thread, pulling out their kindergarten math skills and demanding things of a game that they're not even playing.

I don't think the JP would complain, considering they collectively desire their own server and not feel the need to deal with NA. I'm limping along as far as ffxi goes since it feels moot and I'm playing MNK/SAM irl.

don't even have 99 RMEs. The QQ gonna fly even harder when oh noes, I have to work MOAR to make my shiny useful? Oh noes, whateva em I gunna do T____T.

RME's.....

REM!!!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-11 10:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So your entire argument is based on that lowman grinding old content for the best weapons in the game, was a legit content grind? Cause...RMEs are still there. They can still do em. Yet, you're acting like they've been taken away. Sure, their major end all be all seat in the weapon hierarchy has been taken away (possibly even returning next update, we'll see), yet you're acting like they can't be done anymore.

Personally, from the aspect of an MMO, its beyond *** stupid to have the absolute best weapons come from lowman grinding. Its not an expectation of mine for everyone to enjoy the same content, its for content to have meaningful rewards. Remember the weapons that Meebles, VW (except Mura and offhands), Aby, and other events brought? All terribly useless, weaker than 85 RMEs. Is that supposed to be acceptable? RME's had a "cap" on the strength of what new weapons could have for so long. How is that fun?

And really, honestly, anyone who comes on here saying "I've talked to tons of players" is just talking that internet smack. Really, have you sat down and had personal chats with hundreds, if not thousands of players regarding their reasons for leaving, taking a break, trying out other games, or if RMEs were such a major part of their FFXI life that they just couldn't cope without? Tens, maybe even 50ish, but anything even remotely near a true sample size of the player base? You're off your rocker son.

I never say anything about REM suddenly cause 1k population drop, and no, I can't provide specific % of ppl quit because games no longer fun without REM, I'm just point out that it DOES have negative effect on current sub, and unlikely to gain any new player cuz why'd new player interested in a 11 year old game just for item lv 150 weapons?

Have you ever meet any new players go "Yeahhhh I'm so excited to play this game, because REM finally go away!"?

V.S amount of players find game uninteresting without REM, and ended up quitting?

Even if REM affects 5% of player base, that's the difference between 2k ppl per server v.s 1.9k. That's pretty big decline.

And most ppl aren't gonna grind REM if it's useless, some would, but that's minority. Many ppl probably just grind REM now because they thought it's gonna be an update later, and they'd probably all quit due to utter boredom if REM update sucked.
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2013-09-11 10:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you ever meet any new players go "Yeahhhh I'm so excited to play this game, because REM finally go away!"?

Not gonna bother touching the rest, since you're just talking in circles on nonsense. But this line, for real?

Are you implying that new players would come to this game for RMEs (f*** this REM non-sense, get your rims somewhere else, order Relic > Mythic > Empys)? Cause I've heard the opposite multiple times over. "I'm not going to start playing a game where to be a ""success"" at my job, I *HAVE* to grind out an RME." Have you seriously never seen that said? If you haven't, I dare say you've talked to even further people than you're letting on.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-11 10:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

NA times hover around 800-1kish, JP times are nearly 2k always.

I play on JP prime time, yesterday I saw 1.7k on my server on 10PM JPT, today only 1.6k, and my server is one of the more populated server full of JPs.

I doubt many server has 2K+ on 10PM JPT now.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-11 11:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you implying that new players would come to this game for RMEs

No, obviously you can't read. It's hard for this game to get that many new players, with REM or without. But outdating REM = killing established player base.

I keep hearing all the good thing about how good FFXI would be without REM and gear outdate every 3 months, as if it's a land full of happy rainbow, suddenly all the new players would come and fill up the server, then I see my friendlist/ls getting smaller and smaller, with less and less players every day. New players still can't progress because delve PUG fail, and if they want to do lowman option for alternatives? Sorry REM sucked!
By nyheen 2013-09-11 14:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
Tell you what else pisses me off about this game? People when they're trying for a clear. 80% of the time... Do you really need a Relic/Ochain PLD and/or Ghorn BRD? Are those jobs really that terrible without it?
iam also sick of them kinda people. even with all the broken gear we got from skirmish etc. not saying it bad to have a relic/o chain/ ghorn etc but come on.. is it like really needed for these events now n days?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-09-11 15:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimp said: »
don't even have 99 RMEs. The QQ gonna fly even harder when oh noes, I have to work MOAR to make my shiny useful? Oh noes, whateva em I gunna do T____T.

RME's.....

REM!!!!
Please, my autism.

Relic came first, then Mythics, then Empyreans.

R, M, E.

RME.

Thanks, my autism 2013©
By nyheen 2013-09-11 15:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

RME's.....

REM!!!!
Please, my autism.

R, M, E.

RME.

Thanks, my autism 2013©

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-09-11 16:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

nyheen said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

RME's.....

REM!!!!
Please, my autism.

R, M, E.

RME.

Thanks, my autism 2013©

YouTube Video Placeholder
I don't listen to hip hop.
 Cerberus.Thore
user: thore147
By Cerberus.Thore 2013-09-11 18:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Barely over 500 people on Cerberus at 8 p.m. atm...
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-11 18:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe 14s servers cap at 8k onine at a time and Gungnir still has times its full lol. I know of 5 people from Bismarck itself that quit on 14s release
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-09-11 19:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

7.5k to be exact. and they are going to increase the cap on this new maintenance
 Leviathan.Behemothx
Server: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-09-11 19:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

683 on Levi, 8:07pm EST
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-11 19:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Id just love to transfer the jps are cool and all but its kinda a pain at times lol
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-09-11 19:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Monipulators can't equip weapons so weapons don't matter
 Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom
By Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom 2013-09-11 19:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really want FFXI to die, but I do want my friends to quit playing XI so that they can join me on XIV with the other friends who have made the transition.

The hate XI players feel towards XIV is somewhat laughable, and their only reason is because it is causing harm to what they enjoy. I take no joy in that however, just their reasoning is laughable.

FFXI white knights can flame me all they want about how XIV isnt hurting XI (you know who you are) but the fact remains is that it is.

It's unfortunate, but that's how it goes.
 Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom
By Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom 2013-09-11 19:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

starfish said: »
if relics are not updated it makes the game better, cause people can get new and better weapons by team working on bosses and actually knowing something about their jobs. rather than just easy prey grind, or buy gil.. ( ye i know u can buy KI for boss, but why would you waist ur gil on something u can get for free by being good in ur job?).

also alot of those that quit, are just people who go "hey if you dont have relic or emp then ur DD is not good enuf to be in my pt bs " , they quit because they cant do that anymore, they have to let those people in because their weapons are better than theirs lol, so ya rage /quit and cry ur way in shame i guess, cause ur relic does not matter in this game anymore, and ur ego is hurt Oo.
And that is an extremely innacurate stateemnt.
I had 2 relics and 4 empy's that isn't the reason I quit. I quit because the game got dull and no body was doing the events I needed anymore. That, and I felt seven years on one game was more than long enough of a time investment for me. I felt I needed to move on.I do not regret it.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-09-11 19:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom said: »
The hate XI players feel towards XIV is

..solely toward the players who try act as soothsayers for the end of times in XI*.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom
By Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom 2013-09-11 19:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you honestly think XI is going to last forever? NOTHING lasts forever.
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2013-09-11 19:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

450 people on vaelfor around 3pm PST, server merge would be nice soon.
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-11 20:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mattyc said: »
450 people on vaelfor around 3pm PST, server merge would be nice soon.

They likely wont for at least two or three months just to see how both games (XI and XIV) stabilize. FFXIV may be extremely popular now but that may or may not be the case three months down the line. Its hard these days for new MMOs to retain large amounts of subscribers for very long.

That being the case however I don't necessarily think all the droves of people that quit XI and went to XIV would magically come back to 11 even if 14 does end up failing (not saying 14 gonna fail just saying success now doesn't necessarily guarantee continued success down the road). The game was losing a lot of subscriptions even before 14 was released, since so many people didn't like the direction the game was heading.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-09-11 21:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is disputing that, we don't need you here to harass us though. That is the only hate from XI to XIV I see... You idiots coming in here and harassing us.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-09-11 22:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I am eternal.
[+]