Server pops...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-09-04 06:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with the "lack of relevant content" part of your post.
Today all we're doing is delve and skirmish. And only delve is half relevant.
By Spiraboo 2013-09-04 06:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
any practical outcome of nearly anything that isn't from Adoulin that actually requires a time investment is currently null with the exception of making a Yagrush, Carnwenhan, Daurdabla, or Gjallarhorn.

I want to finish my Daurdabla but I'm really struggling to get uptala runs going since no one is interested at all. even with all the money in the world I'm not sure I can gather that 1500 HMPs at this rate...
By Pantafernando 2013-09-04 07:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wish everyone could leave ffxi fast so i can pop all my infinites beastly shank. No matter how low is a population inthis server, but behemoth domain is always full, and when it suddenly became populated by 4 or 5, when i finish gearing to go, 10 people appear, and always the same tribox mithras...
By Pantafernando 2013-09-04 07:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG...
Login campaign no.3...
I cant take anymore.....
By Spiraboo 2013-09-04 07:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

no shanks this time it seems
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-04 07:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Not really. I laughed at the relic patch, I own relics, I won't play 14.

Outdating relics was not a bad move. Updating them kind of is. It's the rest of the content that came out that was a problem.

Lol I love the fact that ppl are still blind about the impact of REM being outdated.

I've talked to many friends of mine, quite a large number of them wanted, and expected a worthwhile REM update, and swear they will quit if the update is underwhelming.

This include myself, if REM update suck, I'm quitting after fall, and I never quit XI since I start nor even take a break. I don't care about delve boss 2 3 4 5 or item lv 150 200 300 weapons, they're not exciting, they're not fun, they're not epic, they're not worth my 12$ a month. And in b4 "you got it and don't feel fun because it's too easy", fyi I got title for my sword before item skill update, and the experience is much, much less epic than getting CoP clear even, let alone my first legendary.

And I do think there's enough player having same opinion as me, that's enough to drop population to 400 or even 300 per server. Keep bashing REM, have fun with item lv 300 fantasy every 3 months on empty servers.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2013-09-04 07:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »

Its the same but way better.
Now instead storing a rare item that require you doing a stupid line to pop then getting another, we can exchange for bs and ks. So we can get 460 ks, 99 for ksnm, so we can still get 4 beastly shanks per char plus a chance for phalanx scroll. But now we dont need to pop the shanks, we can just store the seals.
But will suck walking my 17 mules lv1 from bastok to jeuno...
Edit: oh wait... So i will need to talk 19x460=23469 time with npc, and do 3 dialog choices? Gimme back my shanks...
By starfish 2013-09-04 08:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

if relics are not updated it makes the game better, cause people can get new and better weapons by team working on bosses and actually knowing something about their jobs. rather than just easy prey grind, or buy gil.. ( ye i know u can buy KI for boss, but why would you waist ur gil on something u can get for free by being good in ur job?).

also alot of those that quit, are just people who go "hey if you dont have relic or emp then ur DD is not good enuf to be in my pt bs " , they quit because they cant do that anymore, they have to let those people in because their weapons are better than theirs lol, so ya rage /quit and cry ur way in shame i guess, cause ur relic does not matter in this game anymore, and ur ego is hurt Oo.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-04 08:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
All of the pre seekers content is easily low manned now. There is still a variety of things to do in old content, side grade pieces mostly. XI is in the same place that its always been, people just have a shiny new toy they want to play with and that's what it is. The content is actually coming much faster than any period in XI's life.

XI wasn't dumbed down that much in regards to post seeker content. I still see plenty of people struggling with Delve Mega boss wins with a low clear rate. You people really need to just stop the doomsday ***lol, go play FFXIV, come back to XI when it has ***you wanna do ( or don't, you aren't hurting anyone.) and then go back to FFXIV when it doesn't or insert here MMO. It's the same routine.

Only ***I ever wanna do is to grind a 4th legendary :x

And no, pre SoA(or pre-delve at least) FFXI >>>>>>>>>> current XI. They're not the same at all.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-04 08:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

starfish said: »
if relics are not updated it makes the game better, cause people can get new and better weapons by team working on bosses and actually knowing something about their jobs. rather than just easy prey grind, or buy gil.. ( ye i know u can buy KI for boss, but why would you waist ur gil on something u can get for free by being good in ur job?).

also alot of those that quit, are just people who go "hey if you dont have relic or emp then ur DD is not good enuf to be in my pt bs " , they quit because they cant do that anymore, they have to let those people in because their weapons are better than theirs lol, so ya rage /quit and cry ur way in shame i guess, cause ur relic does not matter in this game anymore, and ur ego is hurt Oo.

Lol. Maybe you should be the game producer, and take all the responsibility for next server merge :) Because you know best about how to make a MMO with meaningful playing experience, right?

I'm not going to start with how biased and completely wrong your POV is, let me just ask you one question:

When's the last time you see a "REM completed (date)" pic, and how many of them ever exist.

And when's the last time you see a "Oatixur obtained (date)" pic, and how many of them exist.

Compare the number, and you get it, apparently meaningful experience did not came from difficulty/team play nor group play, but much more complicated than that. Solo a relic may ended up a more meaningful, memorable experience than kill Tojil before update for many.

And those ppl= paied customers, part of player base, if they find no fun with this game, they're gone.

Keep arguing less population pleased = better game, because you won't convince anyone.
By Spiraboo 2013-09-04 08:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Spiraboo said: »

Its the same but way better.
Now instead storing a rare item that require you doing a stupid line to pop then getting another, we can exchange for bs and ks. So we can get 460 ks, 99 for ksnm, so we can still get 4 beastly shanks per char plus a chance for phalanx scroll. But now we dont need to pop the shanks, we can just store the seals.
But will suck walking my 17 mules lv1 from bastok to jeuno...
Edit: oh wait... So i will need to talk 19x460=23469 time with npc, and do 3 dialog choices? Gimme back my shanks...

Ah of course. Didn't think of it this way.

But yes, it's gonna be a lot of dialogue with npcs.. lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-04 08:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much all of my group quit due to the outdating of REM's and a general decline in the stability/longevity of gear.

I dunno, to me it isn't so much about REM's themselves but just an uncertainty that anything I do is going to be worth it.

Why should I spend 100+ stones at a mill a pop to get 1-2 more of a stat that come next update is likely to be overtaken by some new piece? I just don't feel like it's an accomplishment and I have little motivation to do so.

The devaluing of old gear also has another issue. They aren't replacing everything, which is actually a bit annoying since most all of my idle gear or special sets are old and thus don't have massive eva, def and meva. If I'm in my idle set for regen/refresh and a set of mobs attack me, I'll go down in a few seconds.

Had they simply added some gear that was marginally better as usual, the old gear wouldn't be so comparatively bad, but still usable. And the last thing is, all the gear is so cookie cutter now. Every slot has basically the same stats on it and in the same ratios, just a few points higher on the 119 than the 116 pieces.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-04 08:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

some people that are soothed by repetitive behavior, like say, grinding the same event for 2 months to make a weapon

some people would say that means SE did a good job designing the content, but i would say they're probably autistic

Quote:
it's really hard to read this and not see sarcasm, though context tells me it's not so
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-04 08:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Pretty much all of my group quit due to the outdating of REM's and a general decline in the stability/longevity of gear.

I dunno, to me it isn't so much about REM's themselves but just an uncertainty that anything I do is going to be worth it.

Why should I spend 100+ stones at a mill a pop to get 1-2 more of a stat that come next update is likely to be overtaken by some new piece? I just don't feel like it's an accomplishment and I have little motivation to do so.

The devaluing of old gear also has another issue. They aren't replacing everything, which is actually a bit annoying since most all of my idle gear or special sets are old and thus don't have massive eva, def and meva. If I'm in my idle set for regen/refresh and a set of mobs attack me, I'll go down in a few seconds.

Had they simply added some gear that was marginally better as usual, the old gear wouldn't be so comparatively bad, but still usable. And the last thing is, all the gear is so cookie cutter now. Every slot has basically the same stats on it and in the same ratios, just a few points higher on the 119 than the 116 pieces.

Having fun in a MMO is really just about having meaningful experience, nothing more and nothing less. Your hard earned gear getting trashed every 3 months took away all the fun to get it first place, instead of "YEAHHHHH I GOT IT", it's "So how long I can wear this until I have to toss this again x.x"
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-04 08:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

some people that are soothed by repetitive behavior, like say, grinding the same event for 2 months to make a weapon

some people would say that means SE did a good job designing the content, but i would say they're probably autistic

Quote:
it's really hard to read this and not see sarcasm, though context tells me it's not so

So killing Tojil 100th time for R15s(that will suck in fall, mind you) and everything else isn't "repetitive behavior"? ok
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-04 08:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I explicitly said that the new content was NOT the way to go. I just said that relics being outdated isn't the problem, everything being outdated is.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-04 08:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I explicitly said that the new content was NOT the way to go. I just said that relics being outdated isn't the problem, everything being outdated is.

Relic gives ppl something to do instead of standing in Jeuno. And it's something many middle class/casual players have great sense of accomplishment to do, regardless the method and speed of obtaining it. You may not feel anything special about it, doesn't mean others have no fun finishing it, so why took away the fun doing it?

Those ppl is at least 100~200 extra ppl per server everytime when you log on.

Everything you do in this game is repetitive behavior, and repetitive behavior > afking in Jeuno get nothing to do.
By Spiraboo 2013-09-04 08:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This. Sooooo much.

Back then you had VW/abyssea/dynamis/NNI/Salvage2/meebles/Legion etc etc... that is available and each of them will yield you reward that is relevant.

Now you have Yorcia Skirmish and Delve 1-6.

I personally have no problem with REM being outdated. I have problems with them making everything in the past being obsolete, and then each content update they make is making the previous content update pretty much obsolete as well.. lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-04 08:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A good MMO is about entertaining as many different ppl as possible. Some ppl like solo, so there should be meaningful content and reward that is not JSE cape RNG for solo players, such as relic.

Some ppl like endgame, so there should be meaningful content and reward for endgame LS players, such as delve boss before skill update.

There are 100 ways to fix REM only issue, such as making the gap lower. Outdating them effectively give first group of ppl a good reason to quit.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-04 08:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic being outdated isn't the hit or miss issue that really killed XI, but it add up and makes the situation worse.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-04 08:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you like relics, make a relic.

I made 3 annihilators this week because I suspect the delve equivalent to hurkan will be most easily handled by them. Throw in the fact that 3/4 of the base damage is on the ammo and it's still moderately powerful. If it receives ilevel skill, it'll be a great weapon. If not, I'll probably still use them with kraken to spam coronach in solo/duo mul(perma darkness and mob can face pld anyway). I'm happy with them. I don't expect something that I bought for a minimal amount of gil that was originally farmed grinding joke mobs to be end-all. It is what it is.
 Fenrir.Solanis
Server: Fenrir
user: Solanis
By Fenrir.Solanis 2013-09-04 09:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame the game's middle class, to be honest. In the past when players complained about content being too difficult, SE ignored them and all was well. My shell loved delve when it was difficult and required skill and coordination to win. It feels like a distant memory even though it's just been a few months, but when we got our server's first NA win it was the most accomplished I've ever felt in the game, other than finishing my yagrush. Now delve is a neutered and strangled husk because people complained so loudly that SE murdered the difficulty and ended the viability of all the other content once and for all.

Content going forward needs to be crushingly hard, but it won't be.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-09-04 09:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if Matsui realised that all contents except delve and skirmish are obsolete now. And Skirmish is boring as hell.
So the only thing left is delve.
ARR v2 for FFXI maybe?
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2013-09-04 09:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
OMG...
Login campaign no.3...
I cant take anymore.....

Please tell me you're joking right?

My god -_-
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-04 09:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Solanis said: »
I blame the game's middle class, to be honest. In the past when players complained about content being too difficult, SE ignored them and all was well. My shell loved delve when it was difficult and required skill and coordination to win. It feels like a distant memory even though it's just been a few months, but when we got our server's first NA win it was the most accomplished I've ever felt in the game, other than finishing my yagrush. Now delve is a neutered and strangled husk because people complained so loudly that SE murdered the difficulty and ended the viability of all the other content once and for all.

Middle class wasn't the one wanting easier Tojils :x
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2013-09-04 09:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Solanis said: »

Possible, but I think people selling clears for 20-50 mil for Delve was quite literally a joke :/
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-04 09:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

the nerf was just absurd, tojil wasn't hard with rigors and no salvage gear

they gave the salvage campaign, they counted on oatixur/senbaaks being passed around to simplify it

the incompetent masses just couldn't(and largely still can't) turn that into a win because they can't handle the fundamentals of the run

def/eva adjustments don't really make up for people's inability to stun, maintain buffs, etc.. they just take what challenge was left away from coordinated groups
[+]
By fonewear 2013-09-04 09:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Repeat login campaign ... server merges incoming next.
 Fenrir.Solanis
Server: Fenrir
user: Solanis
By Fenrir.Solanis 2013-09-04 09:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
Possible, but I think people selling clears for 20-50 mil for Delve was quite literally a joke :/

Why? Gil is easy, but if you aren't in a competent linkshell, delve clears are out of your reach. My shell was the only group of NAs on fenrir to kill tojil for months on end, and we were still late to the party compared to other servers. I've been on vacation for a few weeks but I assume the vast majority still can't kill shark or bee. Buying the wins makes sense. You're paying several people for their time, plus a premium for all the time they invested getting the clears originally and perfecting their strategy to lowman it.

the nerf was just absurd, tojil wasn't hard with rigors and no salvage gear

I know your shtick is to say everything is easy and always has been, but this is too reductive. All the bosses were rough before the nerfs, especially getting over the first tojil clear hurdle.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-09-04 10:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

When your runs come down to if the stunner brought their A-game you know something is borked.
[+]