Server pops...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Celerez
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: celerez
By Bahamut.Celerez 2013-09-03 21:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that ARR is out... I've noticed a steady decline in non-seekers actives on Bahamut... keep hearing that Odin is still pretty active... anyone have any insight on this?

Thinking of jumping if I can find a server that still has people active in anything other than Seekers content...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-09-03 22:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Been hovering between 450 and 800 on Valefor. 6pm-11pm EST

After 10 is when the climb went from 600 to 800.

Edit: I haven't seen many non-seekers content shouts. Mostly Tojil and skirmish.
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2013-09-03 22:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi had about 700 average during NA primetime over the weekend.
By Eijii 2013-09-03 22:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle hovering around 700-750 ppl when i logged on today lol... everyone playing FFXIV thre are usually at least 1600+ lol
By Luvbunny1 2013-09-03 22:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut is over 900-1200 easy - but you do see your regular delve people disappear and no longer play. It's hard to dedicate time for both games. Probably best to play FF14 for 2-3 months, go back to FF11 for 2 months and switch back again, you get both games full of content ready to savor when you give each some time off in between.
[+]
 Shiva.Kewitt
Server: Shiva
user: ginger
By Shiva.Kewitt 2013-09-03 22:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Weekdays on Shiva are normally 1000 +- 100,

Last Sunday was 2200+ At noon MST

Currently 926

But another server merg wouldn't be bad.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-09-03 23:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

lakshmi is empty dead, it feels like nobody is playing but afk players bazzaring
812 online atm
 Quetzalcoatl.Marael
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Marael
By Quetzalcoatl.Marael 2013-09-04 00:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what this thread feels like? And I don't mean to be insulting or anything. It seems like one of those post-apocalyptic stories where people are all like "is there *insert x necessity of life here* back that way?" "No, how about the way you came from?"

Unfortunately, with a game this old, there probably is no promised land where server population is high, and people actually do things other than AFK. They all have low populations, and after ARR officially came out, it nose dived further on my server. They need to do another merge, or there won't be enough active players left on any server to really get anything done.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aselin
Server: Bismarck
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-09-04 00:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been watching the server population on Bismarck since FFXIV launched.

On launch day, Aug. 27th., population dropped to around 630 to 650 players. On the last day of Early Access on Sunday, we peaked at around 1530 players.

The highest peak population on Bismarck has been around 1200 to 1300 players.

We are currently averaging 700 to 800 players on weekdays. There were no more than 1000 players over the weekend when I last checked on the population this past Saturday and Sunday.

Pre-launch and pre-Early Access, the highest I've seen was around 2400 players peak. Average per day was around 1200 to 1500 players since I returned to FFXI last April.

So, yeah, big population drop.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-09-04 00:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't entirely due to XIV. XI is in a content drought; they've made it so amazingly easy to cap out in the very best gear and have offered so little variety in endgame events that most people are tapped out of the content that's on offer. There's no reason to log in and play just to kill Tojil for the 600th time or defend the same encampment from the same waves of monsters for another 60 minutes only to get another 1% chance at that extra 2STR on your Izaatsu.

XI is choking itself just as much as other games are drawing people away, and honestly it's due mostly to Seekers of Adoulin. Pre-Adoulin, there were several events worth doing and lots of things to keep you occupied. Post-Adoulin... there's only Adoulin, and they've dumbed down the events within the expansion so much that it's almost impossible to fail as long as you have some semblance of order and cohesion. To compound that, you can get every single drop you want in under week with all of the augments that you want in 2 more tops.

Monstrosity is pretty much the only reason I bother to log on anymore.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aselin
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-09-04 00:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It isn't entirely due to XIV. XI is in a content drought; they've made it so amazingly easy to cap out in the very best gear and have offered so little variety in endgame events that most people are tapped out of the content that's on offer. There's no reason to log in and play just to kill Tojil for the 600th time or defend the same encampment from the same waves of monsters for another 60 minutes only to get another 1% chance at that extra 2STR on your Izaatsu.

XI is choking itself just as much as other games are drawing people away, and honestly it's due mostly to Seekers of Adoulin. Pre-Adoulin, there were several events worth doing and lots of things to keep you occupied. Post-Adoulin... there's only Adoulin, and they've dumbed down the events within the expansion so much that it's almost impossible to fail as long as you have some semblance of order and cohesion. To compound that, you can get every single drop you want in under week with all of the augments that you want in 2 more tops.

Yeah, Monstrosity and to a lesser extent, Mog Gardens, have been more popular among players from what I've seen.

Shouts for Wildkeepers Reives have already died down a lot and there are barely any now. My Linkshell has stopped doing/attempting Delve boss runs because many players are in XIV at the moment.

And, in a large part, there's a huge lack of content in XI at the moment especially since it's so easy to get better gear and weapons now. Many of the Delve, Plasm, Bayld, and Skirmish gear are better or as good as many of the older gear from CoP, WotG, ToAU and Zilart expansions. It's as if Seekers expansion killed the game pretty much.

Then, you compare what's endgame now in XI to what's planned for XIV:
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-09-04 01:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the pre seekers content is easily low manned now. There is still a variety of things to do in old content, side grade pieces mostly. XI is in the same place that its always been, people just have a shiny new toy they want to play with and that's what it is. The content is actually coming much faster than any period in XI's life.

XI wasn't dumbed down that much in regards to post seeker content. I still see plenty of people struggling with Delve Mega boss wins with a low clear rate. You people really need to just stop the doomsday ***lol, go play FFXIV, come back to XI when it has ***you wanna do ( or don't, you aren't hurting anyone.) and then go back to FFXIV when it doesn't or insert here MMO. It's the same routine.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-09-04 03:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
XI is in the same place that its always been,
Hmm no.
[+]
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2013-09-04 03:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

I'm still going to play, but this is probably the most likely reason.

Since Adoulin came out, it's Adoulin or nothing so it feels. I can't justify doing Salvage 2.0 or dare I say farm Dynamis anymore because all of the Adoulin content completely smashes it out of the water.

If anything, Skirmish is far too easy.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-04 03:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you blind? FFXI is in a pretty bad state right now. Servers lost 1/3 of their players and content to do...well there isn't really any if you have kept up with events over time and didn't take breaks or stuff. Merges are needed, at the very least more people can find others to group up with for random stuff.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-09-04 03:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

He know that, think He's trying to troll us with that laughable negation or being sarcastic.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2013-09-04 03:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Are you blind? FFXI is in a pretty bad state right now. Servers lost 1/3 of their players and content to do...well there isn't really any if you have kept up with events over time and didn't take breaks or stuff. Merges are needed, at the very least more people can find others to group up with for random stuff.

I remember logging in on FF14 Relaunch, world was at 612?

Today it's at 712 soo probably maybe 100-300 people online if you omit people that are afk 90%-100% of the time.

I must say, doesn't look too great huh >.>
 Lakshmi.Cledant
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-09-04 03:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxi is almost unplayable now because the extremely low population, most of the new content requires alliance, a server merge needs to be done asap. It have been like this since January, but now it got worse and ff14 will stay to decrown ffxi.
[+]
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2013-09-04 03:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
ffxi is almost unplayable now because the extremely low population and most of the new content requires alliance, a server merge needs to be done asap. It have been like this since January, but now it got worse and ff14 will stay to decrown ffxi.

Let's hope they do something that will drive awa.. I mean draw people back in eh?

Tell you what else pisses me off about this game? People when they're trying for a clear. 80% of the time... Do you really need a Relic/Ochain PLD and/or Ghorn BRD? Are those jobs really that terrible without it?

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Are you blind? FFXI is in a pretty bad state right now.

Edit: Cool D:

Fingers crossed though, I really can't be asked to buy FF14 when it's fairly young. Going to wait like I did for XI when ToAU was released in Europe.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-04 03:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-04 03:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
All of the pre seekers content is easily low manned now. There is still a variety of things to do in old content, side grade pieces mostly.
Very little left. Mages have more than melee, but even for them it's largely outdated by the ridiculous combinations on every piece of adoulin gear. Even refresh pieces are debatable vs higher ilevel stuff if you're going to be taking damage.

Quote:
XI is in the same place that its always been, people just have a shiny new toy they want to play with and that's what it is. The content is actually coming much faster than any period in XI's life.
Wrong. Most of the reason to do pre-adoulin content is gone, and adoulin content boils down to 3 30-min fracture runs and one extremely boring 25-45 minute event that you can't even finish early. You can beat all of the latest content in one evening if you have a linkshell.

Quote:
XI wasn't dumbed down that much in regards to post seeker content. I still see plenty of people struggling with Delve Mega boss wins with a low clear rate.

Quote:
You people really need to just stop the doomsday ***lol, go play FFXIV, come back to XI when it has ***you wanna do ( or don't, you aren't hurting anyone.) and then go back to FFXIV when it doesn't or insert here MMO. It's the same routine.
I'll agree with this. I'm not going to pretend FFXI doesn't need a merge AND some new content to turn things around, but the 14 crowd is just pathetic in their desire to proclaim 11 dead. It's not any sort of achievement on their part, so why take pleasure in something that people still enjoy becoming worse for them? It's pretty clear that most of them just sucked at XI to begin with and are upset other people still find ways to enjoy it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-09-04 05:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's'funny to see that people who enjoyed the relics doomsday, the fact that old content was useless and the item level are now on ffxiv.
By Spiraboo 2013-09-04 05:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

580 in Cerberus yesterday around 6PM EST. Took forever to find my last 2 DDs for a Ceizak 1-6 run..
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-09-04 05:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They really threw away current content longevity when they decided to tack two hundred accuracy and attack to all weapons. Delve no longer feels like an accomplishment, and it was essentially what the game had going for it. Defending a tent hoping for a coffer upgrade is really draining, and any practical outcome of nearly anything that isn't from Adoulin that actually requires a time investment is currently null with the exception of making a Yagrush, Carnwenhan, Daurdabla, or Gjallarhorn.

XI is certainly not dead or un-fixable, but it's definitely not a surprise that numbers are hovering around 700 in NA time. Hopefully "fall update" means the very start of October.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-04 05:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
wahh my apocalypse going from useless to blatantly outdated has any relevance to ilevel

relics being outdated isn't and never will be a real problem, it's the fact that everything else was

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-09-04 06:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
wahh my apocalypse going from useless to blatantly outdated has any relevance to ilevel

relics being outdated isn't and never will be a real problem, it's the fact that everything else was

Your post is outdated sir. Even though Apoc is the weapon that made me love DRK more than any other job, I have senbaak to keep it up to date.
That said, don't you see the irony of the situation?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-04 06:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really. I laughed at the relic patch, I own relics, I won't play 14.

Outdating relics was not a bad move. Updating them kind of is. It's the rest of the content that came out that was a problem.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6