Opinions On FFXI's Life.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Opinions on FFXI's life.
Opinions on FFXI's life.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-09 13:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
They might not be supported enough but it's still them who develop the content, you can't blame the players. Players are customers seeking entertainment, lack of it will lead em away.

Oh, I agree. I don't really think there's a clear target to blame. It's pretty much inevitable, they're trying to drag it out not keep it going forever.
 Asura.Alucardr
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alucardr 2013-09-09 13:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wordspoken said: »
Asura.Alucardr said: »
I think FFXi will have at least 10-15 years more. There will always be a faifthul playerbase behind it.
And a faithful developer? IMHO the moment FFXI stops being profitable, SE closes it possibly with a very short notice.

Maybe I'm just being cynical...

Indeed but this game doesn't need more than 50-100k subs to keep being profitable.

This is the reason i think this game will live long still. I dare to say that FF14 will become a F2P way sooner than FFXI.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-09-09 13:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd be ironic if we actually gain new players in FFXI because of FFXIV. There could be hordes of WoW and LOTRO players who joined FFXIV for something different, and then heard from their friends in-game that FFXI is better. Here's hoping, anyway.
By Kyler 2013-09-09 13:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
All you need is 1 average DD with regen atmas to do the killing. More is just better.

Yup, haha.

All of this is why the best updates were

Neo-nyzul/Limbus2/synergy augs

It took all the gear you knew and loved and worked hard to get and made it better. Neo nyzul not so much but at least you had an advantage if you had done as much old nyzul as it took to get gear from that.

Salvage 2 would have been awesome as well if it had come out about a year earlier. There were other circumstances that slowed that though i'm sure. (Tsunami/FFXIV1.0 massive failure)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-09 13:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I love FFXI, but I'll never understand how people can really think it's attractive for new players. This game is like its own dimension in the mmo world, just too different imo...and with the lack of partying during the "learning phase" it fails to keep the attention of a newbie for very long.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-09 13:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If the game goes downhill it's absolutely the fault of Matsui and his team. They're payed to keep the game interesting, if people leave is because they failed to do so.
The fault isn't completely theirs, yes, they made the content and refuse to regulate events in a way that is user friendly to those new to the event, and to the benefit of those rerunning to boost their gear, but when it comes down to it, it is the players alienating other players, just because they don't have the reward for beating the event they are trying to do to get the reward they need to do the event they are trying to do.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-09-09 13:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think FFXi will have at least 10-15 years more. There will always be a faifthul playerbase behind it.
And a faithful developer? IMHO the moment FFXI stops being profitable, SE closes it possibly with a very short notice.

I don't know about that. Ultima Online went downhill years ago, and it's still around. And it still isn't free-to-play.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-09-09 13:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I love FFXI, but I'll never understand how people can really think it's attractive for new players. This game is like its own dimension in the mmo world, just too different imo...and with the lack of partying during the "learning phase" it fails to keep the attention of a newbie for very long.

That's just it though. It's different. That's why I chose to play FFXI, and not another WoW clone. I don't know why all of these game studios think that for an MMO to be successful, it has to follow the WoW model. Even Ultima Online tried that many years ago by upgrading the client interface to use hotbars etc - the playerbase cried foul over it, but EA Mythic claimed it would "ease the transition" for players leaving WoW. Needless to say, the client was an absolute failure, and EA Mythic had to go back to the drawing board.

For me, learning how to play a game with a different interface and different playstyle is all part of the experience that makes the game fun.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nekdal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2013-09-09 13:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all ppl can play all the time cause A) due to RL aka work family
Or B) they are either duoing or solo cause everyone has a ego and wont help without a payment somehow. I personally play when i can or when i get to. I try and the wife been doing abby/dyna to toet ower relic/empry for awhile but takes awhile to do with limited timw to play, and dont have a LS to help get new armor/weapons.
[+]
 Bismarck.Davorin
Server: Bismarck
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-09-09 14:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nekdal said: »
B) they are either duoing or solo cause everyone has a ego and wont help without a payment somehow. I personally play when i can or when i get to. I try and the wife been doing abby/dyna to toet ower relic/empry for awhile but takes awhile to do with limited timw to play, and dont have a LS to help get new armor/weapons.

You're overgeneralizing. Like anything else, you need to put yourself out there a little bit and try. Idk about Cerb, but Bismarck is full of social LSs which you can find on this site, or /shout, or don't shut yourself off and solo/duo all the time.

I've made friends by helping others moreso than others helping me.
 Cerberus.Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2013-09-09 14:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nekdal said: ยป
B) they are either duoing or solo cause everyone has a ego and wont help without a payment somehow. I personally play when i can or when i get to. I try and the wife been doing abby/dyna to toet ower relic/empry for awhile but takes awhile to do with limited timw to play, and dont have a LS to help get new armor/weapons.

You're overgeneralizing. Like anything else, you need to put yourself out there a little bit and try. Idk about Cerb, but Bismarck is full of social LSs which you can find on this site, or /shout, or don't shut yourself off and solo/duo all the time.

I've made friends by helping others moreso than others helping me.

True but we need the +2 items to even if it only drops 1 or sometimes none at all cant afford to server jump we do have a LS but its only the 2 of us sometimes 3 (including my brother) but trying t get him caught up when he does get a chance to log on.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-09 14:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

True but we need the +2 items to even if it only drops 1 or sometimes none at all cant afford to server jump we do have a LS but its only the 2 of us sometimes 3 (including my brother) but trying t get him caught up when he does get a chance to log on.
I don't really follow what you're saying, but bringing more people to farm +2 items and splitting with them will generally improve efficiency up to about 6man.
 Cerberus.Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2013-09-09 14:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes i know already did that and ppl left the run so we desided to do it the long way, would like pol to help to move this faster but i'v had alot of ppl argueing over the drops/lotting stuff which piss's ppl off. But like i said its the time/hours to play same to get the new gear/weapons but we are alot of steps behind and everyone wants to rush and get everything done.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-09-09 14:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I don't really follow what you're saying, but bringing more people to farm +2 items and splitting with them will generally improve efficiency up to about 6man.

I think that's the point, he can't find other people to help.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-09-09 14:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd play for monstrosity.

'bout it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-09-09 16:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah , with 2 servers on it, Just Like Lineage 2 or something

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2013-09-09 19:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
This is the best time ever to play ffxi and make a relic technically. if you catch an average of 3k on currencies (some are 2k some are 5k if you catch desperate people w/e) a relic costs 43.7 million to make today.

so should really get those made now before nov/decemeber for the inevitable price normalizing.

Hoarding for the inevitable Geo RME/legendary/wtfever that makes it even more amazing of a job.
By fonewear 2013-09-09 19:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »

With Draylo still running around Jeuno.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom 2013-09-09 19:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Lakshmi.Cledant said: »

With Draylo still running around Jeuno.

Indeed, nothing is sadder than a blind fan that refuses to see the inevitable.
and 10-15 years? LOL!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-09-09 19:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

455 people on Bismarck @7:30 pm est. Good stuff. I love how Matsui is completely oblivious to this, or just doesn't care. If I was the producer, I would at least acknowledge the dwindling numbers, and promise some interesting content in the near future. As of right now, I don't even know whether the new delve is coming next update, or even when the freaking update is...

No wonder they delayed the census. I highly doubt it was for the reasons they specified.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aselin
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-09-09 19:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
455 people on Bismarck @7:30 pm est. Good stuff. I love how Matsui is completely oblivious to this, or just doesn't care. If I was the producer, I would at least acknowledge the dwindling numbers, and promise some interesting content in the near future. As of right now, I don't even know whether the new delve is coming next update, or even when the freaking update is...

No wonder they delayed the census. I highly doubt it was for the reasons they specified.

... 455 people... on a weekday, no less.

Wow.

A week ago, Bismarck was hovering around 700-800 players on a weekday.

... A weekday.

I know the population around Saturday was around 800-900 players at late evening, California time. A week before that, it was around 1000 to 1200 players.

That's somewhere around 20% to 45% drop in population in the past two weeks. Hopefully that's just a fluke and there are other explanations as to why.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-09-09 19:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

540 on Valefor, 9PM eastern. :\ It's sad. Would be nice to see the old numbers of 1.5-2k+ from 2005-2008 or so, but I don't think that would happen unless SE merged all servers, turning two-three servers into one.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-09 20:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed but this game doesn't need more than 50-100k subs to keep being profitable.

This is the reason i think this game will live long still. I dare to say that FF14 will become a F2P way sooner than FFXI.

Nah, even if a lot of NA player quit 14 after 6 months, it still has faithful JP player base to sustain current sub model, they will never play any NA MMO, so only 14 left.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Mystaticromance 2013-09-09 20:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aselin said: »
Bismarck.Helel said: »

... 455 people... on a weekday, no less.

Wow.

A week ago, Bismarck was hovering around 700-800 players on a weekday.

... A weekday.

I know the population around Saturday was around 800-900 players at late evening, California time. A week before that, it was around 1000 to 1200 players.

That's somewhere around 20% to 45% drop in population in the past two weeks. Hopefully that's just a fluke and there are other explanations as to why.

Might have something to do with the recent maintenance, all the AFK bazaars haven't logged back in. Not that this is saying anything for people actually playing the game, but it might for the numbers being so low.
[+]
By Sieha1 2013-09-09 20:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy one of these threads... if you have these thoughts its cool to keep them to yourself instead of making a thread about it...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-09-09 20:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »
Oh boy one of these threads... if you have these thoughts its cool to keep them to yourself instead of making a thread about it...

Why don't we just do that with everything, and then we could get rid of all these pesky threads cluttering up my ah screen

forum was created for xi discussion dude, don't be salty when you encounter it
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-09 20:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »

Re-purposed for great justice said: »
Oh boy one of these posts... if you have these thoughts its cool to keep them to yourself instead of making a post about it...
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-09-09 21:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Will be another one of these threads in a week from now, don't even bother giving an articulate response lol. Those who enjoy the game will play it, those that don't will quit. Why you need to know their opinions, idk.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13